Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

My superpower is winning cheap stuffed animals and novelty bouncing balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

My superpower is winning cheap stuffed animals and novelty bouncing balls.
I read an article the other day about a guy who plays arcade games more or less professionally; a lot of them have tech stuff like ipads and consoles as top tier prices and if you're good enough at the games to reliably rake in thousands of tickets, you can hawk a whole lot of stuff on ebay. Although it was on cracked, so, y'know, might be in the right thread for that.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I was really hopeful that in the underneath line it would reveal that the person gives the tickets away to kids. Cuz, you know, that's who arcades are for usually

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

goose fleet posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy has to stop completely every three minutes for another reason

Two points for Hufflepuff!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

My Lovely Horse posted:

I read an article the other day about a guy who plays arcade games more or less professionally; a lot of them have tech stuff like ipads and consoles as top tier prices and if you're good enough at the games to reliably rake in thousands of tickets, you can hawk a whole lot of stuff on ebay. Although it was on cracked, so, y'know, might be in the right thread for that.

For that matter some of the games offer electronics as prizes. If you're that good, just cut out the middleman.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

sweeperbravo posted:

I was really hopeful that in the underneath line it would reveal that the person gives the tickets away to kids. Cuz, you know, that's who arcades are for usually

Ugh. Spotlight-hogging crotchspawn, how I loathe them...

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sweeperbravo posted:

Every power has its drawbacks. As a self-diagnosed Aspie, being a dick to children is that poster's.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Pen

quote:

This Troper is normally quiet and has a friendly temperament but if angry has fantasies of killing people in rather...disgusting ways. But he has 2 such moments that stick out in his mind.
During a Life Management class someone had been pestering me for almost a month and the teacher did nothing to stop said pesterer. I stopped him by taking out a pen and stabbing him in the side with it and pushing so hard he lay on the ground in pain. What pushes this into the I Am Not Making This Up moment is how I did not get in trouble for this and said pesterer never bothered me again AND how I did this in full view of the entire class. Could count as Crowning Moment Of Awesome.
Another time was when I had Ride of the Valkyries as my ringtone and my cellphone went off. Someone told me that they would take that cellphone and shove it up my rear end. I looked at him calmly and told him: "My cell phone goes up my rear end; my pencil goes into your eye.". I pulled out my pencil at this point, a mechanical pencil with an extremely sharp and narrow metal tip and flicked the tip against my skin. He shut up immediately. Of course, I had been known around my school as someone who would not hesitate to eye gouge, bite, attack the groin and all around fight dirty in a true fight.

Gambit

quote:

Teachers adore This Troper. Other students do not. In fact, she's basically non-existant for all students. Just before summer vacation, she felt a bit more bored than usual, and mostly for the hell of it, unleashed a Xanatos Gambit on both her class and the other classes (around 60 or 70 people) that made them absurdly angry at one another, everyone suspecting their friends, and some teachers to give most of the class (excluding her and a few others) a 10-page report to write on the last day of school... which their grades would depend on. To this date, nobody has the least idea she had anything to do with the whole thing.

Desk

quote:

This troper met school buddies of the lovely, cheery little girl he was dating, who explained how she had terrified her old high school class. This little waif got picked on just a little too hard, grabbed up a desk by it's legs and beat the poo poo out the guys surrounding her personal space. This is the one I bought a pair of decorative butterfly knives for Valentine's Day, and she adored them.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What the flying gently caress is "a Xanatos Gambit"? Given the nature of most of these "Tropers", I am extremely hesitant to Google this at work.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

flosofl posted:

What the flying gently caress is "a Xanatos Gambit"? Given the nature of most of these "Tropers", I am extremely hesitant to Google this at work.

Xanatos Gambit is named after the character from Gargoyles. It's any plan where it looks like you failed, but you actually succeeded, due to the depth of the plan. See here.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I googled it and its apparently a plan for which every possible outcome benefits the planner. Classic supervillain "If you stay to fight me, the city is destroyed. If you save the people, I can escape" deal. I have no idea what that means in the context of that story though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The person gives absolutely no details on her gambit. Seems fishy.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

oldpainless posted:

The person gives absolutely no details on her gambit. Seems fishy.

I hate a girl with a fishy gambit.

tumblr posted:

I almost made a grown man cry today

at work I called out his coffee order and he was like “that’s not how women usually call out my name ;) ;) ;)” so I just blinked and said “I’ll try to sound more disappointed next time then” then walked away

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bringmyfishback posted:

tumblr posted:

tumblr posted:
I almost made a grown man cry today

at work I called out his coffee order and he was like “that’s not how women usually call out my name ” so I just blinked and said “I’ll try to sound more disappointed next time then” then walked away

That sounds like they either saw that on a sitcom or as part of a stand-up routine.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

That sounds like they either saw that on a sitcom or as part of a stand-up routine.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if these quick-form "pat me on the back for this pointless thing I did Internet strangers!" are worse than the long fake stories that go no where. I mean, I actually end up reading these, so that negatively affects me personally.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Verisimilidude posted:

I'm not sure if these quick-form "pat me on the back for this pointless thing I did Internet strangers!" are worse than the long fake stories that go no where. I mean, I actually end up reading these, so that negatively affects me personally.

shaggy_dog_that_never_happened.txt

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I don't know how to feel about this. If only there were some sort of commentary like "omg this is literally the best thing ever" or "YOU. WIN. AT. LIFE." tacked on at the end.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hyperhazard posted:

I don't know how to feel about this. If only there were some sort of commentary like "omg this is literally the best thing ever" or "YOU. WIN. AT. LIFE." tacked on at the end.

i can't even

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Jay Rust posted:

i can't even

Why are tumblr users so odd?
Because they can't even

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Because they can't even

There aren't enough spoons.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

canyoneer posted:

Because they can't even

did you just

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

canyoneer posted:

Because they can't even

IM SCREAMING

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
oHMY GOd you GUYS I CAn't eveN TyPe properly i'm FREAKING OUt

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

canyoneer posted:

Because they can't even

This

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

oMG YOU GUYS

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the "capitalizing your senteNCE HALFWAY THROUGH" format is appropriate here because it was mostly used for bullshit stories when it was popular

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Tetracube posted:

the "capitalizing your senteNCE HALFWAY THROUGH" format is appropriate here because it was mostly used for bullshit stories when it was popular

I wish I felt anything as much as the writer feels validation from fake authority figures.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jay Rust posted:

i can't even

Eponine posted:

IM SCREAMING

sweeperbravo posted:

oHMY GOd you GUYS I CAn't eveN TyPe properly i'm FREAKING OUt

goose fleet posted:

oMG YOU GUYS

I hate you all

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hate you all

How many spoons did they cost you?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hate you all

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hate you all

This

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hate you all

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Seems like This Troper just had his Crowning Moment of Awesome!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:frogleave:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hate you all

My gods check your privilage and stop postshaming these people.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Mar 1, 2016

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goose fleet posted:

Seems like This Troper just had his Crowning Moment of Awesome!

Mods adore This Goon. Other goons do not. In fact, she's basically non-existant for all goons. Just before summer vacation, she felt a bit more bored than usual, and mostly for the hell of it, unleashed a Xanatos Gambit on the stdh thread (around 60 or 70 people) that made them absurdly angry at one another

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I approve of this reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Monitor

quote:

I have a half-aversion story. I had a friend in grade 4 who was violent, but also quite chivalrous - always nice to girls, ready to fight any guy. One girl worked out that my friend would never hit a girl, so she became very abusive towards him - mostly verbal abuse, but also throwing his food in the mud. She was a teacher's daughter or something (I don't recall exactly), so she never got in trouble for any of the things she did. One day, she tore up his homework while chanting "You can't touch me, I'm a girl!" He stood up, really pissed, and after looking crazy for a second my friend said, "You're right, I won't touch you." Then he hit her with a computer monitor.

Debate

quote:

I'm in year 9 at my school, small, I weigh roughly 6 stone, skinny with glasses, short hair etc. People are aware of the fact I'm a Deadpan Snarker but aren't really bothered. They are still unaware of the time I heard a guy (on the street he was 17 or so. I didn't know him) racially abusing a girl about my age and I basiclly jumped on him, pushed him to the ground, kicked him in the head and refused to stop standing on his back until he took the remarks back. Maybe I should tell them.
Also, don't rouse me in a debate. If we debate in school, people tend to go on my side.

Lab

quote:

This troper had a reputation as such in High School. There's one incident that springs to mind immediately. Now, for the greater part of the semester, this one asshat had decided to see how far he could push me. I'm normally a very calm person, and for most of the semester, I simply ignored it. I still remember exactly what happened when I finally went off. It was at the end of science class, and we were just filing out of the lab. This jackass had spent the whole class needling me, until one of the guy's friends eventually tells him to lay off me. The asshat's answer? "Aww, he won't do nothing." My exact words were "I've got your nothing right here," before I placed one hand on the lab table between us (roughly four feet high, and three feet wide), vaulted over, and flew right into him, tackling him into a wall. It too three of my friends to pull me off of him. For the rest of high school, nobody tried picking on me again.

• Locked thread