Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

what if instead of some half working targeting interface vats put you into superhot time

What if they just got rid of VATS and also the rest of the Fallout games because they suck poo poo except for 1+2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Awia posted:

what is super hots shtick?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Testiclops posted:

pick replays.exe in the menu and you get directed to your killstagram page

i've been given 3 different generated names so i dunno what's up

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

haveblue posted:

you're talking about a new way to play video games, you aren't loving

you got that right

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
nevermind, they fixed the site.

in hindsight none of them look that cool

https://killstagram.com/u/StaleUnacceptableIrresistibleWolf

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All the replays look pretty poo poo.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

All the replays look pretty poo poo.

yeah, it's a fun enough game to play but my replays tend to not look all that exciting, even when i'm doing cool stuff. if they had a 3rd person view for the replay, it might be more interesting

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

duckfarts posted:

yeah, it's a fun enough game to play but my replays tend to not look all that exciting, even when i'm doing cool stuff. if they had a 3rd person view for the replay, it might be more interesting

this. unless you slow down my katana train video you can't tell that I'm throwing the katana at a guy, switching bodies and catching the katana mid air as it passes through them

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tanith posted:

does anyone want a copy of titan quest? does anyone want to play titan quest with me? :smith:

TQ is a fun Greek Diabolo with a good long campaign, if you like clicking many many times you should take Tanith up on this. Not usually my game genre at all and I played the whole thing plus the expansion through twice.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

otoh, i love the diablo(-likes) and i found tq+expansion to be excruciatingly boring. i beat both campaigns in coop with 2 friends and everything just seemed to be the same from start to finish

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

NoneMoreNegative posted:

TQ is a fun Greek Diabolo with a good long campaign, if you like clicking many many times you should take Tanith up on this. Not usually my game genre at all and I played the whole thing plus the expansion through twice.

that under lords mod or whatever it's called helps

well, I think it does probably seeing as I only played a little bit with the mod but it was enough to make a nature dude with a dogswarm

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
https://killstagram.com/s/StarkEnergeticCeruleanChevrotain

can't figure out how to embed the mp4 directly

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i think you can see what happens though, i throw a bag of garbage at a dude then swap into his buddy as i'm getting shot, then grab the gun midair from the dude who got hit by the garbage and shoot him with it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

its a metaphor for your posts

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Liver Disaster posted:

E:D and DCS are on there so i want one but not at that price

I really really really want a vr headset for e:d but I also want $800 still in my pocket more

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

kalstrams posted:

preorder galaxy s7 and get one for free

that's not psvr

i have no idea how they're going to do anything like good vr on a ps4 processor

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Blackula69 posted:

that's not psvr

It's got the right kind of ram tho? ? ? ?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Blackula69 posted:

that's not psvr

didn't they say it's basically going to include its own processor

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

that's not psvr

the vr headset will come w/ its own gpu

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah but that's a big engineering challenge. going to be interesting to see how it works out practically

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they're doing some kind of predictive image reprojection so you can get completely smooth, instant response to head movement at a faster rate than the game is producing new frames. and the games can always cut back on expensive graphics poo poo, a modern gpu could do something that looks like an early 00s game at hundreds of frames per second

the external box lets the ps4 connect to both the headset and the tv at the same time, the console only has the one hdmi port

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

yeah but that's a big engineering challenge. going to be interesting to see how it works out practically

I guess we will know by e3. the real question is a the price and b whether they're going to compete with the rift and vive or whether they're going to be ps4 only

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

do all of microsoft's divisions still hate each other? because the pro move would be for Sony to work with Microsoft's Windows 10 division to get the pavr on Windows just to spite the Xbox division

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

haveblue posted:

they're doing some kind of predictive image reprojection so you can get completely smooth, instant response to head movement at a faster rate than the game is producing new frames. and the games can always cut back on expensive graphics poo poo, a modern gpu could do something that looks like an early 00s game at hundreds of frames per second

the external box lets the ps4 connect to both the headset and the tv at the same time, the console only has the one hdmi port

asynchronous timewarp is what it's called, and it's not nearly as good as it needs to be for such a thing to work at the rate of movement of the human head. i get that they're planning to make it work, i'm just skeptical that it will be a) cheap or b) look good

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Al! posted:

do all of microsoft's divisions still hate each other? because the pro move would be for Sony to work with Microsoft's Windows 10 division to get the pavr on Windows just to spite the Xbox division

under no circumstances are they putting psvr on PCs, why would they do that

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

because microsoft is such a zany place. funny computer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

because if they can keep the cost in the 400-500 range, include a box with a processor that will allow it to work on lower range pcs, and if they are smart and looking past the ps4, and their market analysts have already committed to VR being a thing, they could be the major player in 3 years or so when the VR fight really heats up

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it still makes no sense for a company whose every foray into personal computing outside the playstation has been an utter failure to remove another USP from its key consumer device

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
gears of war ultimate editions is... out?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-for-windows-10/9nblggh3shm5

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Gears 2 remake would be chill. Would love to revisit Horde Mode in HD.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth will launch for 3DS in Japan on August 4
:toot:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

what if instead of some half working targeting interface vats put you into superhot time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm looking into whether this is possible but I'm probably not going to get very far

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

haveblue posted:

i'd love to play quake in vr

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ok so they already have bullet time mods for 4

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9325/

and 4 tracks individual bullets

you'd just need a mod that makes any hit an instant kill in both directions

then you'd need to do something with endurance to make it useful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I guess you'd also need to make bullet time dilation variable so it speeds up with the player

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Blackula69 posted:

asynchronous timewarp is what it's called, and it's not nearly as good as it needs to be for such a thing to work at the rate of movement of the human head. i get that they're planning to make it work, i'm just skeptical that it will be a) cheap or b) look good
fortunately, dynamically dropping the texture res seems to give you all the speed you need

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'd love to play quake in vr

it would make you vomit so incredibly hard, but it's already actually available

the big thing in VR is movement speed - all FPSes move way faster than your brain is used to, so being immersed in a twitch shooting is a one-way ticket to vomtown

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Bhodi posted:

fortunately, dynamically dropping the texture res seems to give you all the speed you need

yeah but the human head and eyes can move very quickly though a gigantic range of motion, we're nowhere near keeping up with that now. you can move basically 180 degrees in a tenth of a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Al! posted:

didn't they say it's basically going to include its own processor

that theory was tossed around for a while, but third-party devs who've actually made stuff for PS VR deny it

• Locked thread