Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Stolen from the looks NWS thread. AUGGGHHH

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

Pictured below: loving Taiwan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

Pictured below: loving Taiwan.

Is that pudding on gravel? Why is it a dong? I have so many questions.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hah, like any of us have standards against something like this

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

Is that pudding on gravel? Why is it a dong? I have so many questions.

It's at a place calldd Funny Sex in Taiwan. Everything they serve is dick or tit shaped. (Link obviously :nws: )

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/deep-inside-taiwans-first-sex-themed-restaurant

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I feel like I would get exhausted by dicks after the main course.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Are those pizza and speghetti icees?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scathach posted:

It's at a place calldd Funny Sex in Taiwan. Everything they serve is dick or tit shaped. (Link obviously :nws: )

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/deep-inside-taiwans-first-sex-themed-restaurant

That picture was unfortunately cropped to miss the best part.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

cash crab posted:

I have so many questions.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are those pizza and speghetti icees?

That's one of them.

What country is that from? I can tell that's not Spanish, but that's the extent of my ability to guess a language :v:
Addendum to that question: are savory beverages a common taste in that country? Like tomato juice/clamato whatever as a standard refreshing beverage? Because I could see that spaghetti icee being basically a V8 icee...

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

What country is that from? I can tell that's not Spanish, but that's the extent of my ability to guess a language :v:
Addendum to that question: are savory beverages a common taste in that country? Like tomato juice/clamato whatever as a standard refreshing beverage? Because I could see that spaghetti icee being basically a V8 icee...

Looks like it's french, going by the small-medium-large banner. And Couche-Tard is apparently a big canadian chain, so if I had to guess, it's in one of the more french parts of canada.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Quebec, non? Couche-Tard (heh) is a chain of convenience stores in Quebec.

e:f;b

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

I have so many questions.

That's one of them.

French?

edit:
Wow, should have kept reading instead of just responding. Beaten by a country mile.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Couche-Tard doesn't sell Icees or Slush Puppies, they sell Sloche, which has a new "weird flavour" every summer where it has a normal taste but a weird name. Pizzaghetti was a couple of years ago; yellow is kiwi, red is strawberry.

Also yes, it's a Canadian chain, mostly in Québec and the more francophone parts of Ontario.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Actually, that reminds me that McDonald's in Spain also sells bottled gazpacho. As a drink, I guess? Eh, I can see it.

Also, I finally bought some Gansitos as recommended by death .cab for qt six months ago. We had a stop in Cozumel on a Caribbean cruise last month and I made it my goddamn mission to find those things. I had to buy them individually--no bulk boxes at the supermarket, alas--and my portion is still in the fridge. I'm really looking forward to it, but 200 calories is a little steep, especially for a little snack cake. :( Most times I'd be content to take a bite to taste and give the rest to my husband/son to finish, but not this time, dammit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

Actually, that reminds me that McDonald's in Spain also sells bottled gazpacho. As a drink, I guess? Eh, I can see it.

Also, I finally bought some Gansitos as recommended by death .cab for qt six months ago. We had a stop in Cozumel on a Caribbean cruise last month and I made it my goddamn mission to find those things. I had to buy them individually--no bulk boxes at the supermarket, alas--and my portion is still in the fridge. I'm really looking forward to it, but 200 calories is a little steep, especially for a little snack cake. :( Most times I'd be content to take a bite to taste and give the rest to my husband/son to finish, but not this time, dammit.

Eat the whole thing and run for an extra half hour if you feel bad about it.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

cash crab posted:

Hirayuki posted:

Also, I finally bought some Gansitos

How the hell was the end of this sentence not "and ate them all," you monster

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

In Western Canada, they call it Mac's! Never remember them selling poo poo like that, though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

How the hell was the end of this sentence not "and ate them all," you monster
I wanted my family to experience them, too! :saddowns: See also: 200 calories apiece.

I'm on the lookout for more, though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cash crab posted:

In Western Canada, they call it Mac's! Never remember them selling poo poo like that, though.

And in small towns they go by Winks, and I've never seen them either.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Watermelon Jerky is apparently a thing.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Watermelon Jerky is apparently a thing.

I'm surprised there's much left after taking all the water out.

That reminded me of pickled pig skin, which brought me to this:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Was looking for "moose head soup" and found this instead

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scathach posted:

Was looking for "moose head soup" and found this instead

Baphomélange?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I had some fried silkworms this weekend, it was the red bag of these:

I thought they were pretty good, but my girlfriend almost threw up when she ate one, so ymmv. I couldn't come up with a way to describe the taste though, anybody else had them?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

OctoberBlues posted:

I thought they were pretty good, but my girlfriend almost threw up when she ate one, so ymmv. I couldn't come up with a way to describe the taste though, anybody else had them?

Those mascots are adorable. Little dude is so pumped about getting fried and eaten. I want a plushie of that thing.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm actually really damned jealous, I'd have to order from strange places to try those :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Scathach posted:

I'm actually really damned jealous, I'd have to order from strange places to try those :(

I prefer the original theatrical version tbh.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'm afraid of this dinner tbh

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

cash crab posted:

Definitely Canada, possibly Montreal.

"Cold Blood". The blue freeze next to it was (roughly) "WIndshield Fluid".

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Yargh posted:

Definitely Canada, possibly Montreal.

"Cold Blood". The blue freeze next to it was (roughly) "WIndshield Fluid".

I am adding this to my long list of reasons I would never live there, next to "full of family I hate", and "lovely weather".

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cash crab posted:

And in the U.S., it is the same company that runs Circle K's. (I used to work at one, and the checks had Mac's on them.)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EorayMel posted:

Campbell's Vegetable Beef Soup pizza? If it's a crust made of mashed potatoes then I'm all in.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I once told my friend to go to the Couche-Tard and get some homo milk. Looked at her face and realized that I needed to translate from Canadian to American. (just kidding, I did it on purpose because the words "tard" and "homo" infuriate her.)

Incidentally, AFP for me is bag milk. :smith: nooooo it tastes like fridge...

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

I had fried grasshoppers and they just tasted like fried stuff. Super crunchy though

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

EorayMel posted:

I'm the poop.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

EorayMel posted:

Yup, that's one of my mums pies alright

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Speaking of Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

diabeetz posted:

Speaking of Canada

gently caress. gently caress. REALLY? Goddamn I need to go to Taco Bel right now. CASH CRAB WE HAVE A JOB TO DO

• Locked thread