Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably.

Araki never really seems to draw the star birthmark on Kira though. The area is covered on the panel with his corpse, but his bubbles did have the star, at least on their introduction. In panels where you should really be able to see it, you can't though so he might not have one.

Which makes me wonder if we're going to learn that Kyo is half related or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

kira's sister explicitly shows him her birthmark so it's reasonable to assume kira has one. i figure it was implied since johnny is their great great grandfather.

also josefumi definitely has a birthmark and it's entirely possible some other branch of the family exists

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just odd that it never really shows up, if if ever has.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kira loves his mom more than anything, he's definitely the nice half of Gappo

You know whose else loved their mom?

Di(eg)o

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I don't remember 100% but I don't think part 4 Josuke's birthmark ever shows up either?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It doesn't but it doesn't matter for him. We're assured of his lineage elsewise. It's more important in SDC, VA and SO because it's used to identify significant individuals.

It's important again in JJL, so it's interesting that Kira never seems to show as having one when he should even if it turns out to be a red herring.

Of course, Araki straight forgets anyway at times.

From this month's.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 28, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm just thinking that this universe's Joseph Joestar still got a Japanese lady pregnant but this lady decided to name their child after the runaway father.

I'm kinda wanting, but not really, to go deep and try to find if it's possible that Okuyasu's mother could be single in this universe and thus Josefumi would be a combination of sorts of Josuke and Okuyasu.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Of course, Araki straight forgets anyway at times.

From this month's.

Araki...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess there technically always is the chance that a plot point is that kira was adopted or some poo poo, but since araki plays fast and loose with the birthmark even now it's hard to tell.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

good job amaryllis

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Everything about that card is amazing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's now canon, other than Gio's hair which gets a pass.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You know, when Damo was introduced as gross fatty/miracle sex-man I wasn't sure what direction his character was going to take. Can't say I called "terrifying mafioso" though. :stonklol:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's now canon, other than Gio's hair which gets a pass.

Uh dio never learned to speak italian

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Dio was never given an opportunity to showcase his Italian

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe instead of saying muda he should've said inutile

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Il Mondo! Tempo si è fermato!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Do you think Gio makes GE bleach his hair for him

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm just thinking that this universe's Joseph Joestar still got a Japanese lady pregnant but this lady decided to name their child after the runaway father.
This was always my assumption. e: Wait, no, that doesn't make a lot of sense, unless he married, had a family, divorced, and married and divorced Josefumi's mom, who's recently divorced in a flashback. I forgot about that. Or maybe he had a kid with her and that's what led to her divorce. If Josuke's pompadour and that stupid waffle shirt made it into this universe, I want to believe that his adulterous dad did too.

Baal posted:

You joke about this but they do that in the official French release for Giorno's multi-page beatdown and it's the dumbest looking thing ever. Page after page of "INUTILE INUTILE INUTILE," and not even typeset in an interesting way. I hope the Italian translators had more sense. P.S. Dio clearly looked up just enough Italian words to sound impressive and not like the horrible useless dad he is. ... a mudad, if you will

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 29, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Amaryllis posted:

This was always my assumption. e: Wait, no, that doesn't make a lot of sense, unless he married, had a family, divorced, and married and divorced Josefumi's mom, who's recently divorced in a flashback. I forgot about that. Or maybe he had a kid with her and that's what led to her divorce. If Josuke's pompadour and that stupid waffle shirt made it into this universe, I want to believe that his adulterous dad did too.

I'm assuming the latter, yeah. The mom and Joseph had an affair, Joseph then went back to the U.S. to his family and the mom's husband found out at some point after Josefumi's birth and the divorce began.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amaryllis posted:

P.S. Dio clearly looked up just enough Italian words to sound impressive and not like the horrible useless dad he is. ... a mudad, if you will

Unacceptable slander

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

araki forgot to draw it in some parts of steel ball run iirc. so not really odd at all

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think he just kinda assumes that we know the two have the birthmark. josefumi's was more crucial to actually see since it establishes him as being connected. probably in some weird circumstances like josuke was, what with being a bastard child.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Since we now have a character named after Damo Suzuki, will a stand named I Am Tamaki Damo show up?

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Unacceptable slander
One of Dio's kids is better at being a criminal than Jotaro's kid, so I guess he's not totally useless

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I can't hate on DIO too much; I'd kill for his bedazzled boots.

I am pretty sure Diego ended up higher for me on that enormous jojo character ranking sheet with good reason, though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So what exactly is Josefumi doing with his bubbles? Stealing Aisho's peripheral vision or something?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Brought To You By posted:

So what exactly is Josefumi doing with his bubbles? Stealing Aisho's peripheral vision or something?

I'm pretty sure that's the idea, yeah.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The last boss in a JoJos has to have some kind of space/time Stand so we haven't seen this one yet.

Unless we find out that "making things soft" can also extend to space/time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What kind of time things havent been done yet? Not saying he can't just reuse one or repurpose one but I'm not sure what other kinds of time stuff would be available.

I guess maybe something related to time dilation, making events run at different speeds in relation to one another, or just flat out slowing things down, or making events play in the wrong order

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Could have time effect specific areas / people. If you leave a designated area, you reset to the point in time where you entered it? I dunno there’s probably plenty of creative poo poo that can still be done.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I thought I had a clever one, where it can change the past and take away people's prior experiences, but that's basically what The World Over Heaven does.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
So in other words a stand that can induce amnesia?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Arguably the idea of making different things move at different times can do things like increase friction or the like; someone moving through time so fast because they've been dilated that they catch fire because of friction or the like.

The ability to dilate someone's time could be used in a huge ability of powerful ways. I'm also reminded of the Roidmudes from Kamen Rider Drive; they slowed down everyone's body but not their minds, leading to normal people be unable to do anything because their minds and bodies were desynchronized.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

So in other words a stand that can induce amnesia?

At a basic level you could use it to give somebody amnesia, but you could also use it to change somebody's past entirely. It would be able retcon previous events so that they never happened or remove the victim from those events or even put the stand user in the victims shoes during those events. You could use to steal somebody's else's glory or hardships.

It would be a soul crushing big bad stand because he could undo the personal growth that the protagonists have gone through.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

It would be a soul crushing big bad stand because he could undo the personal growth that the protagonists have gone through.

California King Bed is already capable of doing that, though. And if she didn't have to be fair, Daiya could have kept taking Josuke's memories without him ever knowing what exactly was going on.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Broseph Brostar posted:

At a basic level you could use it to give somebody amnesia, but you could also use it to change somebody's past entirely. It would be able retcon previous events so that they never happened or remove the victim from those events or even put the stand user in the victims shoes during those events. You could use to steal somebody's else's glory or hardships.

The implication of my post was that he'd already done it once to Josuke.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A stand that makes you forget what day it is so you're always asking "It's Tuesday today, right?" and then they just get fed up and stop being your friend. :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oh yeah that's what gave me the idea in the first place.

Astus posted:

California King Bed is already capable of doing that, though. And if she didn't have to be fair, Daiya could have kept taking Josuke's memories without him ever knowing what exactly was going on.

I forgot to mention that Daiya is totally gonna be the final bad guy

Did Araki already forget about the weird symbol in the Higashikata home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
A Stand that always makes you 15min late to wherever you're supposed to be arriving, called Fashionably Late.