Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

It's pretty terrible, either blow a Z team and hope the AI goes for their specials on the opening round (those characters can easily kill anything that's not a full on B-team with just basic attacks) or Holy Dive the RNG and hope to find the magic combo that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

It's pretty terrible, either blow a Z team and hope the AI goes for their specials on the opening round (those characters can easily kill anything that's not a full on B-team with just basic attacks) or Holy Dive the RNG and hope to find the magic combo that works.

It's pretty incredible isn't it? GW at max level is more like a puzzle than an RPG. You're just trying to pick the right lead, the right team members to put in each surrounding spot (position matters, as higher tenacity characters can keep that Sid heal debuff off on his opening hit), which dude to attack first, blow AoE? Can I get away with lumi ability blocking phasma and still kill Sid with Luke?

Wash and rewash ~5 times until you somehow emerge from the fight with nothing on cooldown and everyone on the team at or above 90% health.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just hate how these characters self rez with either the turn meter they died with, or they've gained turn meter. That's stupid. If you died you should be starting a turn over from scratch. A self rez at the end of the match shouldn't be a revive and 80% turn meter that can win you the game. A self rez should be something that happens early in a fight or the middle of a fight that can flip the fight back in your favor.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
So I log in and the rewards for March are literally 1,000 credits a day for the next 30 days.

Hope you guys enjoy this game because I'm out. This game had a lot of potential but the Devs seriously aren't even trying anymore.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Wasn't March login rewards supposed to contain like shards for a new character? 1000xday seems like some sort of placeholder :psyduck:

Zotix posted:

I just hate how these characters self rez with either the turn meter they died with, or they've gained turn meter. That's stupid. If you died you should be starting a turn over from scratch. A self rez at the end of the match shouldn't be a revive and 80% turn meter that can win you the game. A self rez should be something that happens early in a fight or the middle of a fight that can flip the fight back in your favor.

The best part is when Boba or someone self-rezzes like 3 times in a row, dodge and get fully healed. Had a Lumi dodge 6 attacks in a row today before I could kill her.

A "Puzzle" game is a pretty good way to describe GW right now.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 29, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kegslayer posted:

So I log in and the rewards for March are literally 1,000 credits a day for the next 30 days.

Hope you guys enjoy this game because I'm out. This game had a lot of potential but the Devs seriously aren't even trying anymore.

It's probably a placeholder, man.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It is placeholder, people have seen the same thing in future months from datamining. But seriously CG, are you not aware of timezones?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

It is placeholder, people have seen the same thing in future months from datamining. But seriously CG, are you not aware of timezones?

I guess we're screwed into 1000 credits being the first day's reward now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If people get 1k credits without compensation there's a good chance I'll quit. It'll show me they really don't care about the player base. I wouldn't post this if I didn't think there's a good chance they won't do it either.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
To be fair, Feb's day one reward was a single green gear item.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does the "log in every day for a month" reward pay-out on the first day of the following month or is it a 30 day period or something?

I'm also just looking for some general advice of where to go from where I am. I've unlocked Sid, Lumi, Luke, Poe, Han, Ewok Elder, Ahsoka, Leia and Rex through various means. I'm split on whether I should target Daka or Qui-Gon through cantina credits next? What about Arena tokens? If I grind up Ahsoka and unlock Qui-Gon and Eeth, that would give me a 5 Jedi team (QG, Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, Eeth) but I don't know if that combination would be all that great...

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

tadashi posted:

I'm also just looking for some general advice of where to go from where I am. I've unlocked Sid, Lumi, Luke, Poe, Han, Ewok Elder, Ahsoka, Leia and Rex through various means. I'm split on whether I should target Daka or Qui-Gon through cantina credits next?
WIthout Daka you will hit a hard wall in your dark side progress. She should be your first get from cantina coins.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

Does the "log in every day for a month" reward pay-out on the first day of the following month or is it a 30 day period or something?

I'm also just looking for some general advice of where to go from where I am. I've unlocked Sid, Lumi, Luke, Poe, Han, Ewok Elder, Ahsoka, Leia and Rex through various means. I'm split on whether I should target Daka or Qui-Gon through cantina credits next? What about Arena tokens? If I grind up Ahsoka and unlock Qui-Gon and Eeth, that would give me a 5 Jedi team (QG, Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, Eeth) but I don't know if that combination would be all that great...

My arena team is top 50 and I use Phasma, Luke, Lumi, Sid, Poe.

That being said, if I could do it all again, I'd have poo poo on Luke and used the Geo Soldier, which is just a far superior unit to Luke.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Grievous is already appearing on teams in my bracket. Ugh, so many moneyhats on my server.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

commish posted:

Grievous is already appearing on teams in my bracket. Ugh, so many moneyhats on my server.

I was about to do the math if you did 15 GW and 10 PvP shards a day for someone you already had capped, but I didn't notice he's more than the others.

Yeah that's paying.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Magma trooper is in the game now, he looks pretty good. Maybe they updated the March login rewards too?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Tagichatn posted:

Magma trooper is in the game now, he looks pretty good. Maybe they updated the March login rewards too?

lol @ march 1

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd take March 1 over March 3

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Pretty sure I lost out on my 11th and 12th GW today. My phones battery died in the middle of the 11th battle, and when i charged it and turned it back on, 11 and 12 had shown as completed.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Finally have the pieces of my droid team ready to go, help me decide on the optimal team for Arena. Everyone is 70. Defensive play is more important than offense since any of them can win on offense. IG-86 and 88 are no brainers, both 7* and maxed except for the last /50 piece. Should I go standard Poggle-lead/Poe/GS? All are maxed gear - /50 piece but Poe is 5*, Poggle and GS both 6*. There is also HK47, maxed gear and 6* will be 7* in a few days. HK47 lead turns IG-88 into a ridiculous murder machine and 86 to a lesser degree but doesn't help GS, Poggle or Poe. Bascially who would you like to fight less?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

Finally have the pieces of my droid team ready to go, help me decide on the optimal team for Arena. Everyone is 70. Defensive play is more important than offense since any of them can win on offense. IG-86 and 88 are no brainers, both 7* and maxed except for the last /50 piece. Should I go standard Poggle-lead/Poe/GS? All are maxed gear - /50 piece but Poe is 5*, Poggle and GS both 6*. There is also HK47, maxed gear and 6* will be 7* in a few days. HK47 lead turns IG-88 into a ridiculous murder machine and 86 to a lesser degree but doesn't help GS, Poggle or Poe. Bascially who would you like to fight less?

You had me an Poe.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Hk lead with Poe and Poggle. One of the matchups I'll fight a lower tier than touch. So many times I just can't do anything against.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Chilichimp posted:

You had me an Poe.

Droids are unplayable without Poe! Even post-patch Poe decides most Arena matches.

HK/Poe/Poggle/88/86 is pretty standard, but I feel like losing GS might hurt a lot of the offense-as-defense nature of the team. GS can't really mess up on defense and having him at Gear IX can scare off a few would-be attackers alongside 88 and 86. I wonder if the team could stand to lose Poggle and just run 3 DPS? With HK's crit and TM boost IG88 can AOE and immediately attack again if he crits 3 times for a guaranteed kill, which is pretty often.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Edit: can't link the pic online on awful for some reason.. Here it is if you wanna see http://m.imgur.com/AIDd6Ce?r

Well, I finally did it. Got my first seven star (lumi) since starting this game in January. Didn't really get efficient at the game until a few weeks in (and obviously once i was able to access gw it went a lot faster) so I was unfocused at first and just unlocking characters at an equal rate instead of focusing on one team.

So now my team is usually lumi (l), sid, dookie, gs (I know in the past I said I preferred luke over gs, I've been leveling them both somewhat equally because I have a good feeling (hope) that gs and luke will be equaled out eventually since luke as a main character should really be stronger than that bug), and daka for gw. For arena I switch to phasma lead until my qgj is starred up (at three stars now.. Yay?)

Sid is also about five shards away from seven stars, so starting tomorrow I will be farming two new chars! Yay...

I guess I'll build up phasma to 5-6 stars (is that even necessary? I only use him for his leader ability) and I guess poggle since he's the next hot poo poo. Or maybe rp or 86. Anyone got suggestions? I'll probably just bank some gw points for a few days while figuring out who to go for next.

I won't lie, despite the grind being super long, moments like these feel so rewarding especially as a f2p player.

:L fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 1, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

oops wrong forum posted:

Droids are unplayable without Poe! Even post-patch Poe decides most Arena matches.

HK/Poe/Poggle/88/86 is pretty standard, but I feel like losing GS might hurt a lot of the offense-as-defense nature of the team. GS can't really mess up on defense and having him at Gear IX can scare off a few would-be attackers alongside 88 and 86. I wonder if the team could stand to lose Poggle and just run 3 DPS? With HK's crit and TM boost IG88 can AOE and immediately attack again if he crits 3 times for a guaranteed kill, which is pretty often.

Run it without GS you'll see it does far far better.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I just unlocked Poggle, Luke, Daka, and Darth Vader. Oh man my training droids are absolutely wrecked. I also got lucky and got FOTP from a bronzium card.

What's the absolute quickest way to farm droids? (I just turned lvl 64.)

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The daily event every third day. Level 7 missions also give decent number of 3* t droids.

But you don't need to do any other farming of droids, you'll run out of credits soon enough.

T droids I currently have at lvl 70:
2581 *1
1410 2*
344 3*
25 4*
8 5*
That I can't really afford to use due to star upgrade costs.

Funniest (but expected) part about the lovely log in rewards are all the "I'm/You should be glad for anything that's free :downs:" type posts in the official forums. They'd thank the devs for getting 300 credits/day.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 1, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Woo, just got QGJ to 5*, and Dooku to 6. Dooku is also level 70 and nearly max gear, so good in GW, going to start using him as leader in Arena...offence up replacement for Poggle (who, aside from his ability, is kinda meh without a droid squad). Also, Arena is so incredibly dumb right now. I'm dropping from about 15 to 40 every single day, and winning isn't guaranteed...too much speed and RNG right now, which is making it incredibly hard to make even top 10 (whereas I used to make top 5 regularly).
Also, Dooku's leader evasion does seem to be a little lower than it should be (Zotix mentioned this was a bug), but, oh well, it's still really good.

In GW, I'm now running 6* Dooku (L), RP, Lumi, 5* JC, 5* Daka, and it's clearing really well. I sometimes have to reset to get stuns from Dooku/Daka, but having that opening stun barrage makes the whole game so much easier. Right now I'm leveling my 4* Barriss to put in place of JC -- most of the time -- and then this should be even easier.

Pimpmust posted:

T droids I currently have at lvl 70:
2581 *1
1410 2*
344 3*
25 4*
8 5*
That I can't really afford to use due to star upgrade costs.

Is that all? But seriously, the Training droid to money ratio is absolutely atrocious. I mean, if it didn't cost so drat much to upgrade heroes' stars, it wouldn't quite as bad of a ratio, but as it is...just wtf.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 1, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Check out this humorous stuff...

Zotix fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 1, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I have been autoing all the nodes in GW for weeks, it's super easy with Barris lead and Lumi/Daka on the team. Today I made my first 7* (Sidious) and GW immediately smashed my face in on the third battle, with a Poe-led team of purple geared assholes 2 levels above me. I haven't seen a poe in GW in hundreds of battles and today I get one on the third loving node.

I'm pretty suspicious that making that 7* has flipped the switch to hard mode, I guess I'll find out tomorrow but if it's true I'm loving out of this bullshit game forever.

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 1, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I wish to god a game would be released that could replace this game for me. Every time I spend my energy and get no drops/shards, I want to punch the developers in the face.

But I love my Star Wars. Ah.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I had a devil of a time in GW against one team and then I realized that gently caress, I was facing my own PVP team composition (Phasma, Dooku, Daka, Sid, Lumi) :v:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

lordblytzkrieg posted:

I just unlocked Poggle, Luke, Daka, and Darth Vader. Oh man my training droids are absolutely wrecked. I also got lucky and got FOTP from a bronzium card.

What's the absolute quickest way to farm droids? (I just turned lvl 64.)

300 crystals a day to Cantina energy. I have 9000 tier 1 and 4000 tier 2 right now...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I do get enjoyment from sending out suicide squads for the harder GW battles to take out 1 guy or even just weaken them and eat specials.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How do you "star" characters? I have the little group you get when you first start and I've been leveling them and giving them equipment when it pops up but I can't figure out the star system.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Character shards. You can get them directly from hard mode fights and cantina battles, through packs, or from currency earned in Galactic War, Cantina Battles (separate from the ones you earn direct) and PvP. Then there's Vader through achievements, Yoda through events and probably a few others.

There's a little progress bar below your characters showing how many you have and need, and if you go to their profile page you have the button in the bottom right that'll show you where to get shards for that character.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I thought it might be those but they accumulate so slowly I thought I might be doing something wrong, even with playing Hard Mode games with my two teams.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

I have been autoing all the nodes in GW for weeks, it's super easy with Barris lead and Lumi/Daka on the team. Today I made my first 7* (Sidious) and GW immediately smashed my face in on the third battle, with a Poe-led team of purple geared assholes 2 levels above me. I haven't seen a poe in GW in hundreds of battles and today I get one on the third loving node.

I'm pretty suspicious that making that 7* has flipped the switch to hard mode, I guess I'll find out tomorrow but if it's true I'm loving out of this bullshit game forever.

It'll even out, dude.

Dick Trauma posted:

I thought it might be those but they accumulate so slowly I thought I might be doing something wrong, even with playing Hard Mode games with my two teams.

Hardmode shards come slowly.

Cantina opens at 28, which allows you to farm characters shards more quickly.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 1, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hardmode really is bullshit. They need to do it like Future Fight and just let you get the 3 a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Both IG-88 and HK47 are from Arena points only, which makes it hard to farm them both for a droid team. Any suggestions on what to farm? I have IG-86 already, and I can get Poggle from GW. I also have Poe.

• Locked thread