Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Minorkos posted:

is this kind of posting considered normal in MMO HMO

jesus

anyway i'm about to kill myself with this blade master pvp poo poo so i think i will either quit for a month or roll a KFM which seems like blade master except actually sort of good

You shouldn't fat shame. It's not nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Segmentation Fault posted:

how should I build my force master for PvE? I've just been doing Recommended Dungeon Fire all this time but I'm getting the feeling it's not cutting it. I'm level 38 so I'm not quite at that 45 HM 5 point where I can do those BnStree builds just yet, and I don't know what to drop. Someone help me figure this poo poo out.

google Force Master Burn Spec

Make sure not to get the auto-detonate bullshit that will make other FMs mad at you.

also: http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/147960-recommended-build-pve/

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Amante posted:

Since OMC is apparently dead... what are the servers with active Goonmanship at the moment?

Mushin at least has some people playing every evening in Good Jobbu.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Do not upgrade your weapon past your current level holy poo poo. Regular mobs were like bosses for like half of level 32.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

NotThatAwful posted:

Still any goon left in Old Man Cho server? Can't find a single soul to invite me.

Well, I'm not in the Guild, but I'm on as "darkscan" (or darknull? something like that). I got too far on FM and I'm having fun just running around doing stuff and leveling. If they offer server transfers I'll probably hop over too, but add me and we can go be dumb on OMC.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
Playing assassin has made this the first MMO to ever have pvp be an enjoyable experience, minus destroyer bots and afk summoners in tags.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So it looks like there's some sort of autoflag/detect system for F2F trades and the mail system, since I had a friend just get permabanned for "Real Money Trading" because one of his guildies traded him 100 gold. So be careful. He's appealing and its likely he'll get it overturned but the fact it even happened...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

So it looks like there's some sort of autoflag/detect system for F2F trades and the mail system, since I had a friend just get permabanned for "Real Money Trading" because one of his guildies traded him 100 gold. So be careful. He's appealing and its likely he'll get it overturned but the fact it even happened...

Please respect that NCsoft is trying to create a safe space for bots to exist.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Patch notes are up for tomorrow

BnS posted:

Unchained Patch Notes
General

The Warlock class is now available.

Playable by either Jin or Lyn.

Uses the Razor weapon type.

Vanquish your foes with devastating ranged abilities alongside your mighty Thrall.

Mushin's Tower – Floor 8 is now available.

Mushin himself has a daunting challenge waiting for those who have proven worthy.

Naryu Labyrinth is now available.

Available in 4-member and 6-member modes.

Descend the levels of a randomized labyrinth, where each experience is different.

Battle Fujin and Raijin in this dynamic Heroic dungeon.

Removed Heroic as an option for Loot Auction Grade in party options. Added achievements for Mushin's Tower, Naryu Labyrinth, and more.

Classes

With the introduction of the Warlock, additional class and balance changes will be made in the next update.

User Interface

Removed Megaphone interface.

New loading screens are available in English, French, and German.

Items

Added Moonwater Soul which grants +10 Attack and is equipped in your Soul slot.
In order to create Moonwater Soul, you need:

Naryu Labyrinth Relic Piece x80
Evolved Stone x1 (currently named Soulbound Stone)
Honorary Ornament x3

Fixed the item name for the Summoner Hongmoon skill book Rumblebees - Volume 2.

Sparkling Hexagonal Gem Chests are now available via Transmutation.

Added Pirate and Dark Pirate weapons to the Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express.

Additional items can now be stored in the Wardrobe.

Localization

Fixed and updated a large amount of text, voiceover, and cutscene localization in English, German, and French.

System

Names are now locked out for 24 hours upon using a Name Change Voucher

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

First MMO I've ever played a female character. Just had my first creeper too. I even tried to mute the anime figure that is the default for such games. Of all the anime ladies he could have hit on today...

It's just a little taste of what my wife gets to experience regularly while she games. Ew.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

that's what you get for playing a waifu

if i ever create a female character in an mmorpg, i'm making her like an eastern german wrestler type

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 1, 2016

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Elpato posted:

First MMO I've ever played a female character. Just had my first creeper too. I even tried to mute the anime figure that is the default for such games. Of all the anime ladies he could have hit on today...

It's just a little taste of what my wife gets to experience regularly while she games. Ew.

I'd make an effeminate male Jin/Lyn and give the creepers a pickle surprise imo

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I'd make an effeminate male Jin/Lyn and give the creepers a pickle surprise imo

i don't think you really "get" the internet

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

That's weird, I've been playing female characters for years in numerous MMOs and I can't think of any time I was ever hit on. I just assumed it was so common for dudes to play female characters nowadays that no one even bothered anymore.

Are you on Jiwan? Maybe it's more common on RP servers or something.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
That upgrade bundle is one tasty treat. Suprisingly generous of them. 20 sirens, 20 pirate emblems, 30 mushin tokens, and a bunch of gems? Thank you NCSoft for making my Warlock leveling experience easier at endgame.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

cathead posted:

That's weird, I've been playing female characters for years in numerous MMOs and I can't think of any time I was ever hit on. I just assumed it was so common for dudes to play female characters nowadays that no one even bothered anymore.

Are you on Jiwan? Maybe it's more common on RP servers or something.

Yeah I've played almost exclusively as a female character since the RO days and although things sometimes were bad back then, it hasn't been an issue in years. I'm honestly surprised that it was this game too, since I'd think the only one with a more skewed gender ratio would be TERA.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

She's one of the giant race with dark, dark skin, muscles and tats. Maybe that's his fetish. I don't even know.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Elpato posted:

My Lyn summoner got called cute quite a few times while I was leveling/dungeoning. Nothing creepy and most of them turned out to be girls too so I guess the answer is to make cute characters. Never really had any creeper experience when playing mmos except once on The Secret World. My character was dressed up in a hoodie with jeans and my friends kept saying I look like a dork so I went and changed my look a bit. I walked out and like no more than 20 steps later a random naked guy with a unicorn horse head mask went up to me and said "hey bby gurl want to ride my unicorn horn?" I went what the eff, turned around, went back to my keener look and no one bothered me again.

On another note. I'm not sure if I'll actually play a warlock but I will probably level one anyways since I'm running out of stuff to do in this game, and also to get the costume (hopefully it looks good.) Still having a hard time deciding on summoner or kfm as a main and sitting on a bunch of upgrade mats/gold. Throw in a new level 45 warlock after and its going to be even harder to decide.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Even before changing to the current revealing costume my blademaster is wearing -- even when wearing costumes that completely cover the breasts -- my intentionally as-fat-as-possible female character got two "hit on"/"lewd" comments, along the lines of "mmm baby you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal", for example. There was also the "hey there chubby ;)" which I'm not sure if it was supposed to be an insult or a come-on.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got constantly hit on in PSO2 and FFXIV, but I don't think I've gotten any in B&S yet.

Actually, a Gon came up once and did an emote that looked like he was slapping me on the rear end, so I guess that counts.

Willie Trombone posted:

There was also the "hey there chubby ;)" which I'm not sure if it was supposed to be an insult or a come-on.

Yes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Willie Trombone posted:

Even before changing to the current revealing costume my blademaster is wearing -- even when wearing costumes that completely cover the breasts -- my intentionally as-fat-as-possible female character got two "hit on"/"lewd" comments, along the lines of "mmm baby you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal", for example. There was also the "hey there chubby ;)" which I'm not sure if it was supposed to be an insult or a come-on.

It's called negging, though it's hard to tell with fetishists.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Minorkos posted:

roll a KFM

I have a fantastic time playing KFM but I treat B&S as Jojo's Bizarre MMORPG so YMMV.

The comboing in this game is just leaps and bounds more satisfying than any other MMORPG out there and quite a few action RPGs actually. Certainly not quite as deep as many fighting games but pretty close. On the fly respecs for free is great as well and leveling is pretty fast. Cross server dungeon feature is great because you're never waiting for people to do content with.

Casual feel good theme park MMO of the year if they keep releasing content and the average player can do it. Game needs more focus on cosmetic stuff though. Dyes and custom outfits would be super neato.

Suppose the biggest gripe I have is content seems a bit easy but I suppose you can lower or raise the difficulty by bringing more/less players. Having more creative/difficult instance bosses with the fast paced movement system of B&S would be neat as heck. GunZ 2 had some really great co-op bosses but again lacked a lot of PvE content.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

My beef with the game is its tuned around internet speeds in asia, feels like we're fighting the lag here in the west as much as the mobs sometimes. I ge the feeling I'd like some classes a lot better if it weren't for my lovely connection.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Extra posted:

Suppose the biggest gripe I have is content seems a bit easy but I suppose you can lower or raise the difficulty by bringing more/less players. Having more creative/difficult instance bosses with the fast paced movement system of B&S would be neat as heck. GunZ 2 had some really great co-op bosses but again lacked a lot of PvE content.

What I've been doing is trying to solo the whole game. It gets grindy at parts (Tomb of Exiles with level 33 weapon and level 20 accessories was a pain as a blademaster because the first boss's passive heal is almost as much as your DPS due to the freeze; upgrading accessories through Siren before you can upgrade to dukomo weapon requires lots of dailies, and not even the most lucrative ones; etc.) but it definitely makes the game more challenging and a bit of a puzzle.

Willie Trombone fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 2, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Extra posted:

This is because we're still on 2+ year old content that isn't really tuned to account for the current scaling and class balance which is meant for lv50. Things will get more difficult as we get into the lv50 4mans and raids.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Any trip report on the warlock? Patching at present

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Moving from Cinderlands to Moonwater represented a big shift in difficulty for the dungeon bosses. Before I could solo anything that wasn't Devourer or Infernal Lord, but I'm having issues with Wu Fee and the Lycandi guy. Am I just poo poo at this game?

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Moving from Cinderlands to Moonwater represented a big shift in difficulty for the dungeon bosses. Before I could solo anything that wasn't Devourer or Infernal Lord, but I'm having issues with Wu Fee and the Lycandi guy. Am I just poo poo at this game?

Depends on your class but most of the green dungeons in Moonwater can be difficult solo. Wu Fee isnt too bad if you have solid AOE for the adds and you can drag that fight out pretty long. Lycandi dungeon is only hard if you pull too much at once (again, depends on class).

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Mushin 8 Blade Master Trip Report

8.1 = no problem
8.2 = oh god I'm out of iframes RIP
8.3 = holy gently caress how am I supposed to do these dps checks and beat the enrage timer and survive and oh god he stunned me again my tab is used here comes the air combo RIP

shwag
Apr 23, 2008
Working on the second clone now as a Destroyer , it sure is a thing :)

All the videos show the KR version or whatever version that has the second clone at 300k ish hps vs our 726k and all the people in the videos are hm8 or some crazy poo poo and destroy the clone before he really even does anything.

shwag fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 2, 2016

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I had serious trouble with the first clone as a Destroyer since he isn't grabbable, which murders my damage throughput. I did manage to beat him by avoiding every force grip, just barely, and then realized that I could probably get some of the +damage potions. And the immunity ones will help for the second one, too.

shwag
Apr 23, 2008
I didn't have much trouble with the first one but I wasn't making much progress on the second one my gear may be lacking I've put everything into my weapon up to true siren but my other gear is lacking quit a bit. All the people in chat saying they beat 2 and 3 had pirate weapons and over 400 atk power which I am no where near and their gems were the holy hell expensive ones. At least it gives me something to work on. I think banging my head on the second one long enough might yeild that perfect storm where I get him but not worth it to get to the 3 Rd one and get throttled :)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Innerguard posted:

Any trip report on the warlock? Patching at present

Still really early level but drat does their number 4 attack gently caress things up. I've had entire packs of tough mobs that usually take 3-4 attacks to clear be wiped out by a single snare + dragoncoil combo. They are also made out of paper and without proper use of your parry you'll be pretty loving hurt while leveling.

Also everyone is a warlock right now. Every dungeon run I'm doing is at level warlocks all other 5 of them.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Hey- Just created a Warlock on Mushin, can anyone invite Nanahoshizawa to Good Jobbu?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Laplacian Demon could also use a Mushin invite, I'm jumping ship from Cho for the warlock.

As of level 11, I am really digging the class. Worse snare power than FM is more than made up for by having a counter available from the start (also: ever) and 4 produces huge aoe numbers with a quick cast. Also looks way cooler than rain of fire.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

UchihaHirou posted:

Hey- Just created a Warlock on Mushin, can anyone invite Nanahoshizawa to Good Jobbu?

Couldn't find a character by that name. I could just be dumb, though.

Edit: Nevermind I was dumb.

Everyman fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 3, 2016

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Also jumping ship from Cho while I'm trying a new Warlock, would appreciate a clan invite on Mushin

ign Scosgar

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Are there any active goons on servers besides Mushin?

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I'm still playing on Old Man Cho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Sorry D, already created a character on Mushin.

• Locked thread