Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Literally take five seconds and look at my hitting

Everyone.gif

Ive got bats that you might like, what positions you want and what are you willing to part with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Oh I thought the time ended for the season

It has now.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ive got bats that you might like, what positions you want and what are you willing to part with.

Uh, anyone probably is an upgrade over maybe first or catcher

And whatever I can without completely loving my chances

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

shepard.shouldgo posted:

*Gulp* Time for my first potential forray into the apparently cutthroat trade market.

My top priority right now is seeing what people would be willing to offer for Baby Honus Wagner.

Right now I'm exploring anything that helps me at 2b or 3b and potentially RF. While I'm willing to listen to offers that include bullpen players they would probably need to be Papelbon /Hoffman level(as they seem to not suck)

Roster below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMh69BoqTsleT4wbufJm9TYUnjZynvXzM9Hb4u_zmOk/edit?usp=sharing

Fix that final column in the sheet--it's leading to their year, rather than their player ID.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Riggs Stephenson
Rogers Hornsby
Mickey Tettleton
Pete Alexander
AJ Burnett
Dennis Martinez

All these and more on the trade block:

http://bit.ly/1Q0CGP9

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Uh, anyone probably is an upgrade over maybe first or catcher

And whatever I can without completely loving my chances

HMMMM, well Ill be in IRC if you want to chat about a trade. you have a few things Id want.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

tadashi posted:

Riggs Stephenson
Rogers Hornsby
Mickey Tettleton
Pete Alexander
AJ Burnett
Dennis Martinez

Look at my dumb team and lemme know

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

tadashi posted:

Riggs Stephenson
Rogers Hornsby
Mickey Tettleton
Pete Alexander
AJ Burnett
Dennis Martinez

What are you looking for?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

tadashi posted:

Riggs Stephenson
Rogers Hornsby
Mickey Tettleton
Pete Alexander
AJ Burnett
Dennis Martinez

I'm looking to upgrade my rotation and bullpen. It would have helped to post that earlier.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

What about any of my pitching tadashi

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

tadashi posted:

I'm looking to upgrade my rotation and bullpen. It would have helped to post that earlier.

What would you want for Alexander? I uh... have a Kid Nichols and random deadballers (I want to keep my Benders and Old Cys)

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

With my sandwich pick locked and looking like it's pick #12 (11 considering the prize) - I'm putting it up for sale. I don't know what I want for it. Was thinking another great MIF or a good backup C that can play against lefties, which would let Gibson hit DH against them. I'm open to hearing any position though.

You can check out what's on my team here, if you would like to discuss regular player trades.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also nothing against the Dragons - voting Gumshoes & Marmos to survive.

Swap your Gwynn with my Sheff? :frog:

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 1, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I guess if we're all doing trade madness, '06 Ed Walsh is available for a prime hitter. I'd prefer a 1 for 1 swap, possibly for a first round draft pick instead depending on what the draft looks like.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have a Mark McGwire. I'm looking for top-of-the-line pitching, for obvious reasons. Make me an offer!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

tadashi posted:

Riggs Stephenson
Rogers Hornsby
Mickey Tettleton
Pete Alexander
AJ Burnett
Dennis Martinez

I dunno if I might be able to afford a prime Pete but that Riggs would be handy as a platoon partner, look over my spreadsheet and see if anything works

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
I'll be honest, I'm kind of surprised that basically no one is voting for the Space Fish. They did have the best record of any of these teams.

Granted, as I said, they were also the only one that finished in absolute, dead last in their division, but still.

I guess people have the same sort of distaste for the Kevin Brown strategy that I do, proving just one more flaw in FairGame's plan.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pmed you back pete

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'll be honest, I'm kind of surprised that basically no one is voting for the Space Fish. They did have the best record of any of these teams.

Granted, as I said, they were also the only one that finished in absolute, dead last in their division, but still.

I guess people have the same sort of distaste for the Kevin Brown strategy that I do, proving just one more flaw in FairGame's plan.

I thought about voting for the Space Fish but I found your "why they deserve to get demoted" argument more compelling.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

shepard.shouldgo posted:

*Gulp* Time for my first potential forray into the apparently cutthroat trade market.

My top priority right now is seeing what people would be willing to offer for Baby Honus Wagner.

Right now I'm exploring anything that helps me at 2b or 3b and potentially RF. While I'm willing to listen to offers that include bullpen players they would probably need to be Papelbon /Hoffman level(as they seem to not suck)

Roster below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMh69BoqTsleT4wbufJm9TYUnjZynvXzM9Hb4u_zmOk/edit?usp=sharing

I have interest in your baby Wagner as well as your baby Waddell.

At the positions you need, I have such players as:
Nap Lajoie (doubles!), Pete Rose (singles, and fields pretty much anywhere competently, for some reason), and prime Mel Ott (3B/RF extraordinaire)!

Take a look at my spreadsheet because I have a ton of players, some/most of which can be yours for one of those two!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Put Alexander in at #2, drop Grimes to LR. Delahanty back in at DH

In the interest of Norris-Smythe unity, despite them being a near-constant thorn in my side, the W's vote C - save the Dragons!

ForeverBWFC fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 1, 2016

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

We all know in our hearts his team will never truly die. He lives, he dies, he lives again.

No, I'm voting for the Marmosets. They have to take better notice of things like neither Matt Williams nor Howard Johnson nor any combination therein should ever start in the SL, but otherwise they're a solid team.

The dragons are good in theory, but they need to prove the backsliding is a fluke and win the subpar big. Also the Norris Smythe badly needs a shakeup.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Smasher Dynamo posted:

You think the ~ombudsman~ is going to be ok with a plan where the rules are broken and a last place team gets to live barring Tag Team Exceptions? If I were voting, it wouldn't be for the Space Fish.

CaptainYesterday posted:

I have a Mark McGwire. I'm looking for top-of-the-line pitching, for obvious reasons. Make me an offer!

It's not top-of-the-line by any stretch, but any interest in Luis Tiant and John Olerud? I'd love McGwire dingers on my team.

HulkaMatt posted:

With my sandwich pick locked and looking like it's pick #12 (11 considering the prize) - I'm putting it up for sale. I don't know what I want for it. Was thinking another great MIF or a good backup C that can play against lefties, which would let Gibson hit DH against them. I'm open to hearing any position though.

You can check out what's on my team here, if you would like to discuss regular player trades.

A backup C that can hit lefties? Let me tell you about Jimmie "totally a catcher" Foxx! (this actually wouldn't be a terrible use of Foxx, imho)

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Armitage posted:

Okay kids, it's time for Crazy Armitage to completely overhaul the roster! *in Crazy Eddie voice* My prices are.. insane!

Everyone on the team, under the tab "Players to be traded" MUST go! They will not be on my roster next season. I would not like to move players under "Current Roster" unless an offer knocks my socks off, but I would prefer bringing these players onto the team going into the Sub-Par League!

I want: BIG BATS! SLICK FIELDING INFIELDERS! PITCHING! COMPETENT RELIEVERS! PICKS! I LOVE ME SOME PICKS!

I would not want: Any version of players that I had rostered during the last season. I am trying to move away from those. I want to end up between 32-35 players when this is all said and done

Who is eligible for these great deals? Expansion Cup teams! Sub par teams, whether they are going to the Gauntlet or the playoffs! Super League teams!

The doc is below! Have fun! Make your offers today! Come get you ssssooommmeeeeee!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19TrgIHGV6QXAKs2hf-ECwjoGQ4I7Lvmjw2QyChhAy10/edit#gid=0

I have some interest in Barry Larkin. Would any of Tom Glavine, Baby Chief Bender or Ralph Kiner interest you in return?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Voting C for Dragon Survival.

McD I have lost any trade I ever engaged in it feels like and I have no idea what I would ask for in return for Delahanty and whether that would be good or bad for me. In fact I'm still trying to figure out what exactly caused this huge collapse (outside of Mike Schmidt mysticism and curses) other than the Riggs injury so I wouldn't even know where to start to a) prepare for the gauntlet and b) improve my team so that poo poo doesn't happen again.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Well, Hell, if we're all getting trade happy, let's do this!

The Goog Day can offer the following things:

* Outfielders (Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds, Rickey Henderson, Earle Combs, Harry Heilmann)
* Generic deadballers (Babe Adams, Urban Shocker, Dutch Leonard)
* High-upside all-time greats who rolled badly for me this year (Alex Rodriguez, Mike Schmidt)

Where we're looking to improve:

* Shortstop (Myer / Rodriguez has been okay, but no more than that)
* Catcher (see above, but with Schang / Schang)
* Bullpen (you may have heard; it's a bit of a disaster)

Nobody is off the table! All offers considered! Shoot me a message on Twitter if I'm not in IRC!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

FairGame posted:

It's not top-of-the-line by any stretch, but any interest in Luis Tiant and John Olerud? I'd love McGwire dingers on my team.

Nah, I'm looking for quality, and I doubt you'd trade me a Kevin Brown.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Traaaade MADNESS!

Evil Corp. Villains receive:
1925 Wally Schang

The Goog Day receive:
1940 Spud Davis
1983 Gene Garber
1993 Steve Bedrosian

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Goog posted:

Traaaade MADNESS!

Evil Corp. Villains receive:
1925 Wally Schang

The Goog Day receive:
1940 Spud Davis
1983 Gene Garber
1993 Steve Bedrosian

Good luck, Spud! I accept.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

drat, Armitage, have you acquired enough catchers yet?

Also, work out what you want from me in exchange for Sam Thompson. The Premodernists' spirit must be with me.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

TheMcD posted:

drat, Armitage, have you acquired enough catchers yet?

Also, work out what you want from me in exchange for Sam Thompson. The Premodernists' spirit must be with me.

I'm probably gonna flip Schang! Probably. He's older but should still contribute enough in a platoon.

I do wanna carry a third emergency catcher, just one that won't potentially retire in the minors.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

tadashi posted:

Riggs Stephenson
Rogers Hornsby
Mickey Tettleton
Pete Alexander
AJ Burnett
Dennis Martinez

Despite my obvious hitting issues, I'd really like pete, starting with a 1st round DD pick - what are you looking at for him?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Also, johnfw50 I am leaning a bit towards Baby Bender but I'd like to shore up my infield first if I am to trade for him.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Playoff Roster

SP 1: Peter
SP 2: Ed Walsh
SP 3: Johnson
SP 4: Frank Owen

Mopup: Doc White

CL: Roy Patterson
SU: Eddie Matterson
SR 1: Erskine Mayer
SR 2: Stubby
MR: Frank Smith
LR: Red Ruffing

Move Sherry to 8 in the lineup and promote the 7-> 6 and 8 ->7

Cheers

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Zodiac5000 posted:

Goddammit, the Marmosets deserve better than this! Starting HoWilliams was a bad call, I agree, but this is insane, my team is better than the goddamn gumshoes! I vote A, the Marmosets live on.

Sorry, Sodakhan has spoken and the Marmos should prove their worth over the Gumshoes: I vote C as it would be horribly unfair for a non-Crows to be demoted from the Norris-Smyth division.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

More trade madness!

I send:

SS Barry Larkin '93

Alethkar Shardblades send:

SP Chief Bender '04
SS Cecil Travis '46

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Armitage posted:

More trade madness!

I send:

SS Barry Larkin '93

SP Chief Bender '04
SS Cecil Travis '46

Accepted!!!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I vote for marmosets and gumshoes because sic tran best tran or something

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Armitage posted:

More trade madness!

I send:

SS Barry Larkin '93

SP Chief Bender '04
SS Cecil Travis '46

Goddamn. In my book Travis was the best position player in this deal :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Armitage posted:

I do wanna carry a third emergency catcher, just one that won't potentially retire in the minors.
lol my first catcher is an emergency catcher