Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Millennial Bernie supporter has nervous breakdown after dealing with Trump supporters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYD8x0KxBjI

Would.

And be honest, goons: wouldn't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Man Whore posted:

Toronto probably seems amazing if you are Canadian.

No, Canadians pretty consistently hate Toronto. Hating Toronto is the main thing we do here.

It's like how there are americans, and then there are new yorkers who wont shut the gently caress up about new york. Or there are brits, and then there are people from London who never shut the gently caress up about London.

It isn't that diverse compared to other cities I've visited or lived in, the people who think that are the kind of people who think having a Pizza Hut / Taco Bell combo is "ethnic diversity". It's true that minorities really aren't welcome in the little small towns outside of Toronto, so they are clustered there.

Ridiculous amounts of white guilt in lily white Canada, very little sympathy for the natives being systematically abused in the residential school system (not on american TV so isn't real to us)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I grew up Black in small town Ontario, it was pretty rad. Then I joined the Army and it was a little less rad. Canadians are mostly down with Black people.
Now those Natives though...

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
guess what: most (or all) small town and rural populations in the world are largely homogeneous, xenophobic, and conservative.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
That lunch box is actually a loving tackle box. They've had "arrangable" tackle boxes for at least 30 years.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

a starwar betamax posted:

Aww little princess pauppleroy meets the lower class she champions for the first time

her next crusade will be e-bullying so the police will protect her from the words of those disgusting proles

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
conservative law students at georgetown were "traumatized" when a professor reminded them what a scumbag scalia was

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/law-students-traumatized-by-anti-scalia-email.html

poo poo cuts both ways. everyone has a thin skin now, and if the cold war happened today we'd all be speaking russian.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Lufiron posted:

conservative law students at georgetown were "traumatized" when a professor reminded them what a scumbag scalia was

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/law-students-traumatized-by-anti-scalia-email.html

poo poo cuts both ways. everyone has a thin skin now, and if the cold war happened today we'd all be speaking russian.

They sound more like ambulance chasers than tumblerinas in that article.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

DenizenKane posted:

They sound more like ambulance chasers than tumblerinas in that article.

well yeah its a law school in georgia, not some liberal arts college in vermont

either way you slice it tho, crying is crying, its not bawling out of control in a tantrum but tears are def. being shed

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'd love to traumatize conservative Millennials

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
When did people start using the word "splash" as a unit of volume

"Just a splash of strawberries"

"I need a splash of salt"

Why did this happen

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Pawl posted:

Why did this happen

People have been doing this stuff for ages. Clearly you have never tried to get a concrete recipie out of a great grandmother

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Pawl posted:

Why did this happen

needs a smidge bit more irony, and a dollop of sincerity mixed in and you got it down pat.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

lol if you cook using measured units

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Look if people can't be assed to rinse out a bowl after eating cereal then how do you think they'll feel about cleaning up a shitload of cooking utensils, cups and pots?

Just dump all the ingredients into a single pot after you eyed them, shake the pot a bit in a feeble attempt to mix poo poo together, take a picture of the ensuing grease fire for your Instagram account then order a pizza when the fire department has left. That's how you cook.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Prav posted:

lol if you cook using metric units
Fixed that up for ya :colbert:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

blugu64 posted:

Fixed that up for ya :colbert:

look when you cook in imperial you measure things in cups and that has a specific measured meaning. that's just stupid

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Hardawn posted:

needs a smidge bit more irony, and a dollop of sincerity mixed in and you got it down pat.

Don't forget a dash of sarcasm and a pinch of humour to really bring out the flavour

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
im a meleninal and im doing dumb gay stuff hahah wow look at me im being odd again whoops getting into a spot of trouble see what i did there postin on social meedia doin the internet lol

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Prav posted:

look when you cook in imperial you measure things in cups and that has a specific measured meaning. that's just stupid

i don't understand how hard it is to know that a cup is half a pint. maybe there should be an app for measuring cups or something

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

they are bad and dumb

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What are the most overrated things in life?

1. Sex, 2. Pretty Girls, 3. Sex with pretty girls.

Now that we got this out of the way, I'd like to mention Happiness.

I think that concept is the biggest hoax of our era. It is only a holy grail or holy carrot that you try to follow with short term gratifications, parties, hookups, fast food, buying iphones and plasma TVs in order to get that little rush of dopamine.

When the dopamine is gone, you think you're doing something wrong (or if you're really stupid : not enough of it!) and you try it again.

Happiness is the promise of Heaven on Earth : that thing, that person, that item or feeling that you will one day get and solve everything, make you happy as if you had a permanent morphine shot going on.

I think that concept of happiness strictly equals consumerism.

So happiness is overrated because it doesn't exist and it's a coward exit : you want to be happy all the time, and never suffer.

Whereas TRUE fulfillment (not using happiness on purpose here!) probably must go through suffering and victory. But the suffering is never over, and that's a part of life. Otherwise, it's not worth it. There's no pleasure without pain, despite what the western Oprah culture tries to teach you.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

reallivedinosaur posted:

Do Vancouver people really think they are anywhere close to representing Canada?

The rest of Canada is bright white and if you haven't noticed this you're delusional.

Go explore and hear some tales from the locals. The small town provencal charm of rural Canada wears off pretty quick after the 30th racist joke though, eh.

But you see, Canadian whites (with no slavery ancestors) are like this, while United State Whites (with no slavery ancestors) are like THIS. Come to think of it, Detroit and Chicago are pretty close to Canada.

Makes you think.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

OhYeah posted:

Would.

And be honest, goons: wouldn't you?

Holy christ, who WOULDN'T comfort the poor waif?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Look if people can't be assed to rinse out a bowl after eating cereal then how do you think they'll feel about cleaning up a shitload of cooking utensils, cups and pots?

Just dump all the ingredients into a single pot after you eyed them, shake the pot a bit in a feeble attempt to mix poo poo together, take a picture of the ensuing grease fire for your Instagram account then order a pizza when the fire department has left. That's how you cook.

also, the last thing you want is square containers... the corners are harder to clean, thats why all tupperware usually has a more rounded shape

and if you literally go to target or lot less or walmart, you can buy life long tupperware that closes like a champ and you can use the rest of your life. a set is usually $20-$40, and contains everything you asignenpognapgnpenpgnpag

who the gently caress needs advice on how to pack lunch in 2016 aaaahahahahahaaaa

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

what years are millennials? 83-95?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mandator posted:

1980 to 2000

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mandator posted:

I've been told that it varies based on location. Rural kids didn't get the millennial access to poo poo like internet and the like until half a decade later, so NYC millennials are gonna have an earlier start date than West Texas millennials

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the earliest known millennial is freakazoid who derived his powers from the nacient internet

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mandator posted:

something like that. the end date is really flexible though. the next generation, Gen Z, started anywhere from '95 to '01 depending on who you listen to.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

West Texas millennials

Ah yes, Texarrakis

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

DreamShipWrecked posted:

People have been doing this stuff for ages. Clearly you have never tried to get a concrete recipie out of a great grandmother

i chuckled. why are millenials using such rigid measures, it shows such disrespect for tradition, etc

the gently caress is going on in the compost heap of a mind displayed here

i probably shouldn't bother should I

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Snatch Duster posted:

I think that concept is the biggest hoax of our era. It is only a holy grail or holy carrot that you try to follow with short term gratifications, parties, hookups, fast food, buying iphones and plasma TVs in order to get that little rush of dopamine.

When the dopamine is gone, you think you're doing something wrong (or if you're really stupid : not enough of it!) and you try it again.

Happiness is the promise of Heaven on Earth : that thing, that person, that item or feeling that you will one day get and solve everything, make you happy as if you had a permanent morphine shot going on.

So happiness is overrated because it doesn't exist and it's a coward exit : you want to be happy all the time, and never suffer.

Whereas TRUE fulfillment (not using happiness on purpose here!) probably must go through suffering and victory. But the suffering is never over, and that's a part of life. Otherwise, it's not worth it. There's no pleasure without pain, despite what the western Oprah culture tries to teach you.

Not what I would expect from someone known as Snatch Duster.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Conveniently no mention of hard work or creating something.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snatch Duster posted:

Virgin fat millenial spotted in the wild?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

trolls trolling trolls

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
"Becoming disabled by choice, not chance: ‘Transabled’ people feel like impostors in their fully working bodies"
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-working-bodies

well folks when you're crushing your legs with concrete blocks to get the body you feel you were really born with, I think we're crossing over into really bleeding obvious mental dysfunction

on the other hand assuming anyone who doesn't want to remain fully functional and enjoy the widest spectrum of life is Broken also implicates sex abstainers as equally retarded

on the other hand that's an accurate criticism

--

okay so gently caress these guys

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

froward posted:

"Becoming disabled by choice, not chance: ‘Transabled’ people feel like impostors in their fully working bodies"
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-working-bodies

well folks when you're crushing your legs with concrete blocks to get the body you feel you were really born with, I think we're crossing over into really bleeding obvious mental dysfunction

on the other hand assuming anyone who doesn't want to remain fully functional and enjoy the widest spectrum of life is Broken also implicates sex abstainers as equally retarded

on the other hand that's an accurate criticism

--

okay so gently caress these guys

Shhhh... Just let them do it. They'll learn, or become a lesson for the next gen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!