Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wait, 3/3 isn't the date is it?

It's been June 2016 for quite a while now, so it was probably either a total fuckup or the start of pre-orders like somebody else here guessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's probably just when preorders open.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Did people expect NMS to not be $60? Everything about it has screamed "full retail" to me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

axleblaze posted:

Did people expect NMS to not be $60? Everything about it has screamed "full retail" to me.
I heard from day one that it was a small team indie project and to put all my expectations around that. Small team indie project games don't go for $60.

But clearly there's all kinds of confusing information going around about that game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

For preorders, I think its a summer release. I don't really know why you would preorder it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno but messing with Broforce's performance is un-American as hell.

But receiving performance enhancements is absolutely in line with the aesthetic.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Harlock posted:

How the hell did they gently caress up the Broforce port? A soft lock at the beginning of every level and slowdown with too many people on screen.

i've heard it is a unity engine thing, as in its horribly unoptimized and doesnt support multithreading, so the ps4 has issues because the system was designed for games to use all the cores for horsepower.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Is this not a problem on the newer SKUs? I got my PS4 around New Years (Uncharted bundle) and aside from a few incidents of buffering while running Netflix I've never had any problems with the WiFi in terms of latency or dropped connections.

I have the most recent Blops bundle with the physical power / eject buttons and the WiFi constantly disconnects every thirty seconds or so, when the router is less than 20 ft away. I'm certain the WiFi is still 100 % rear end.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The way people talk about No Man's Sky around here, I expect they would spit on a $6 charge. Lots of hate has been thrown that dude's direction. I don't plan to buy it but I did feel kinda bad for him when expectations blew up for whatever reason.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

axleblaze posted:

I figured it would be a 'free' pack-in game with the $500 Playstation VR.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
So I hosed up. I bough alekins gun(used a gift cirtificut to pay for half of it) and its bleh. it feels like blood money only stiffer darker and less fun. gonna return it at some point.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So I hosed up. I bough alekins gun(used a gift cirtificut to pay for half of it) and its bleh. it feels like blood money only stiffer darker and less fun. gonna return it at some point.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Why does Broforce run like rear end?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I just got the free Resident Evil 20th Anniversary theme and I think this'll be the first theme that I actually keep and use. Love the background music and sounds while switching around.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

should have voted for the cactus game :colbert:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

should have voted for the cactus game :colbert:

I'm kind of annoyed that it not winning seems to have also delayed until god knows when because it doesn't seem to be out this week and I was willing to pay money for it damnit.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Why does Broforce run like rear end?

Apparently it has something to do with Unity not playing nice with PS4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

$60 seems pretty risky for NMS unless that is an error like the release date is.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm sure the people dumb enough to believe it's promises are also dumb enough to shill out $60 for it

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

axleblaze posted:

I'm kind of annoyed that it not winning seems to have also delayed until god knows when because it doesn't seem to be out this week and I was willing to pay money for it damnit.

Apparently it has something to do with Unity not playing nice with PS4

Same reason that firewatch is still kinda choppy? drat.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm sure the people dumb enough to believe it's promises are also dumb enough to shill out $60 for it
You're right, I am and I will

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Electromax posted:

The way people talk about No Man's Sky around here, I expect they would spit on a $6 charge. Lots of hate has been thrown that dude's direction. I don't plan to buy it but I did feel kinda bad for him when expectations blew up for whatever reason.

It got a big presentation at Sony's e3 last year and that's not the only time.

It does look like a 30 or 40 dollar indie game at most though, unless between last year and this year they did some insane things to the game concept that they haven't talked about. I was viewing it as a "get stoned and go have semi-mindless fun exploring for a few hours" game and the last one of those I really loved was Noby Noby Boy, which costed all of $5. And it was free for a little while too...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

homeless snail posted:

You're right, I am and I will

Same here, I can't wait for it

acksplode
May 17, 2004

$60 for a next-gen outer-space Endless Ocean is fine by me. :420: :420: :420:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If it ends up having a ton of replay value, sure. From what I've seen I suspect the average person might burn out pretty quickly.

Definitely was expecting it to be $30-$40

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's too bad Broforce has issues because Expendabros was pretty fun on PC and I wanted to do some couch co-op.

And, you know, the other games this month are crap.

quote:

It does look like a 30 or 40 dollar indie game at most though, unless between last year and this year they did some insane things to the game concept that they haven't talked about. I was viewing it as a "get stoned and go have semi-mindless fun exploring for a few hours" game and the last one of those I really loved was Noby Noby Boy, which costed all of $5. And it was free for a little while too...

I'd be interested in NMS if it looked like it had any actual gameplay, but it seems like the outer space equivalent of a walking simulator except without a plot.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
If I were to get that call of duty PS4 bundle, could I turn around and trade in Call of Duty for something I'd actually play?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably a code, so you would have to sell it on eBay or something.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Aphrodite posted:

It's probably a code, so you would have to sell it on eBay or something.

That's what I would think, but it says:
PlayStation 4 Bundle
Includes a PlayStation 4 console, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, Call of Duty: Black Ops III game disc, NUK3TOWN bonus map, a mono headset and HDMI, USB and power cables.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Uncharted 4 release date pushed back to May 10th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/01/new-release-date-for-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end/

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Good, that gives me more time with Dark Souls 3 :v:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Dohaeris posted:

That's what I would think, but it says:
PlayStation 4 Bundle
Includes a PlayStation 4 console, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, Call of Duty: Black Ops III game disc, NUK3TOWN bonus map, a mono headset and HDMI, USB and power cables.

Coworker just bought that bundle and he got a real disc.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

3/3 is the date you can digitally preorder it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

Good, that gives me more time with Dark Souls 3 :v:

Yeah, pretty much. I wasn't gonna get to it until about then anyways so this is probably for the best

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A friend of mine is looking for multiplayer games (either co-op or competitive) that are, in his girlfriend's words, "less kill-ey". His girlfriend doesn't play twitch-action games very often and so they want to find something that doesn't involve multiplayer shooter levels of reflex requirement and violence. I had no suggestions because I just got my PS4 a few weeks ago, but perhaps you fellows might?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

diablo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i mean its like maximum "kill-y" but not twitch based and people with poor gaming skills can easily grasp the controls

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

A friend of mine is looking for multiplayer games (either co-op or competitive) that are, in his girlfriend's words, "less kill-ey". His girlfriend doesn't play twitch-action games very often and so they want to find something that doesn't involve multiplayer shooter levels of reflex requirement and violence. I had no suggestions because I just got my PS4 a few weeks ago, but perhaps you fellows might?

sports friends
rocket league

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

CJacobs posted:

Diablo 3
Trine
Chariot
Those top down Tomb Raider games

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

poo poo, there is like 3 other games coming out then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Rayman?

• Locked thread