Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brainamp posted:

Some have a switch on the exterior, but it's been ages since I've seen one like that.

Now let me tell you about the time I broke an escalator at Epcot.

Were you one of those rear end in a top hat kids who slap the emergency stop button on an escalator or moving sidewalk and runs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

mcbexx posted:

The real schadenfreude is that I am and have been an avid videogamer for well over 35 years now and I don't understand a single thing that was said or done in this video.
:corsair:

No need to feel old about that. A professional player of another game wouldn't understand anything either.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brainamp posted:

Some have a switch on the exterior, but it's been ages since I've seen one like that.

:frogon:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Brainamp posted:

We're waiting. :allears:

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

does anyone have that video of that esports guy who was forced to play a round of starcraft against the dude who hosed his fiance?

Preserving from the previous page because I still really want to see this

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

chitoryu12 posted:

Were you one of those rear end in a top hat kids who slap the emergency stop button on an escalator or moving sidewalk and runs?

Nah, but I did find out that when you wedge a steel-toed boot in between the steps right as they're supposed to be folding back into the floor, it makes a very satisfying crunch sound and both the up and down escalators stop quite suddenly.

It was a school trip, so there were like a hundred other kids besides me on them. Managed to get away scot-free with only a little dent in my boot as evidence.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why were you wearing steel toed boots to Disney World? Did you have a hard hat and visibility vest too?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Baronjutter posted:

Why were you wearing steel toed boots to Disney World? Did you have a hard hat and visibility vest too?

So his feet wouldn't get mangled by an escalator.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The sand mandala clip is definitely deliberate, destroying the madala once it's been completed is part of the ritual and symbolizes the ephemerality of life and the world.

A few of the other clips were deliberate as well. :ssh:

Yeah, I dunno if anyone else noticed, but the guy doing the destroying of the mandala was literally the Dalai Lama. Tenzin Gyatso has a pretty well developed sense of humour, but I don't think he would find a lot of lols in wrecking someone's work like that if it wasn't supposed to happen.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Baronjutter posted:

Why were you wearing steel toed boots to Disney World?

Because they were comfortable?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

chitoryu12 posted:

Is there just a switch you flip to make an elevator go backwards that someone bumped into?

Elevators are equipped with a pair of brakes that slow down the bottom ends of the rotating belt, so that the its not uniformly quick. If it was, getting onto an elevator would be an extreme sport. Anyhow, you can see there's about 40 people piling onto the elevator - shock and surprise, elevator brakes ain't made to hold that many people, so the breaks give up, and the rotating belt gets pulled downward by the weight of the people.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Slugnoid posted:

does anyone have that video of that esports guy who was forced to play a round of starcraft against the dude who hosed his fiance?

speshl guy posted:

Preserving from the previous page because I still really want to see this

Me too.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ekuNNN posted:

Now I miss the KKK derail :(

Sorry but can I get a what-the-gently caress-was-going-on-in-your-head for the vending machine designer who decided on "let's drop soda cans from the top shelf"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
It's probably meant for normal snacks but some genius decided to try stocking it with soda cans instead. "Just the same!"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

http://i.imgur.com/Ugz5Ut4.gifv

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

He had to have seen the car coming, it's like he went straight for it like some sort of russian insurance scam.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Baronjutter posted:

He had to have seen the car coming, it's like he went straight for it like some sort of russian insurance scam.

I think you're greatly underestimating the ignorance and stupidity some people are capable of. In my limited experience, someone who would attempt to drift through the neighborhood on a tricycle is exactly the kind of person who didn't see that car coming. In fact, he never even considered that there could be cars.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Brainamp posted:

Nah, but I did find out that when you wedge a steel-toed boot in between the steps right as they're supposed to be folding back into the floor, it makes a very satisfying crunch sound and both the up and down escalators stop quite suddenly.

It was a school trip, so there were like a hundred other kids besides me on them. Managed to get away scot-free with only a little dent in my boot as evidence.

After I heard about the escalator that ate that one woman in China (she pushed her kid away in the nick of time) I give escalators really wide berths. :smith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rick_Hunter posted:

After I heard about the escalator that ate that one woman in China (she pushed her kid away in the nick of time) I give escalators really wide berths. :smith:

I don't think you really need to worry unless you're on a Chinese escalator.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, it wasn't a faulty escalator, it was absent minded maintenance. And as we know in the OSHA thread humans gently caress up a lot more than the machinery they use.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/uioBvC__0yI

And they just drive off.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

In China elevators, escalators, and even footpaths are all deadly hazards.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think China is solving the population problem in a very unconventional way.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Life is cheap in the orient.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Rick_Hunter posted:

And as we know in the OSHA thread humans gently caress up a lot more than the machinery they use.

Do we have a new OSHA thread or was it too beautiful for this world?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

Do we have a new OSHA thread or was it too beautiful for this world?

We do!

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

That is plenty of Schaden. What a downer.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Bless you from having me dig through GBS. You are anti-schadenfreude.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That was amazing. At least the kid is alright. I mean, if the people in that second car didn't eat her or something.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
You can't fool me, I grew up watching cartoons! You can always tell when part of the scenery is going to break 'cause it's colored differently!

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

It's just a girl.
:china:

i feel horrible about that joke

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solice Kirsk posted:

That was amazing. At least the kid is alright. I mean, if the people in that second car didn't eat her or something.

For a moment there, I was certain that the people in the dash cam car were going to just drive off, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
EDIT: Okay, there we are.

Is there something wrong with this thread? I've tried to make a post twice only for it to be apparently eaten and not show up.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Gorilla Salad posted:

EDIT: Okay, there we are.

Is there something wrong with this thread? I've tried to make a post twice only for it to be apparently eaten and not show up.

Somewhere, people in a thread about dead babies are reading your missing posts.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

what have I become
my sweetest friend

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
He looks like that dog with the cupcakes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Anyone know what Trump said to make him do this? Because goddamn do I hate Chris Christie, and boy howdy is this picture wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Anyone know what Trump said to make him do this? Because goddamn do I hate Chris Christie, and boy howdy is this picture wonderful.

He had to be the warm-up act at Trump's victory press conference.