Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That's why I date high school girls :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Tell us what happened

have you ever heard of pegging?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
youre gonna be a dad now

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
how many years is the smash gap

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

have you ever heard of pegging?

Brock Samson likes it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I had a lengthy conversation with someone from an aerospace firm. He shared with me that in the next five years that there will be a massive hole created by employee attrition and competition for engineers and manufacturers. He went on to say that there simply isn't a large enough talent pool to fill every slot for every aerospace or engineering firm. Competition between corporations vying for talent is going to be dramatic.

Basically, you wanna make solid money and never be unemployed, be an engineer.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
they are starting some aerospace program at the local college and I think boeing is getting ready to move some jobs our direction

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

I had a lengthy conversation with someone from an aerospace firm. He shared with me that in the next five years that there will be a massive hole created by employee attrition and competition for engineers and manufacturers. He went on to say that there simply isn't a large enough talent pool to fill every slot for every aerospace or engineering firm. Competition between corporations vying for talent is going to be dramatic.

Basically, you wanna make solid money and never be unemployed, be an engineer.

this is what they told people about petroleum engineering 10 years ago

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

go3 posted:

Yea, but that is fairly specific. Do something like electrical or mechanical engineering and you can go anywhere at any time, more or less.

I'm an electrical engineer, so I can give some examples. A brand new BE can get into the following fields with no problems (just off the top of my head):
Aerospace
Computing
Embedded systems
Power
Radio
Satellites
Amplifiers

Not to mention research, programming, and mathematics which are all closely related to EE.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

go3 posted:

This is something that is being planned for with communications strategy and advertising.

The direction of talent recruitment is now mirroring how the military goes about their efforts: recruit them young.

Northrop can't sell you a bomber, GE isn't offering turbofans to the general public, and Boeing doesn't have dealerships. They run ads to sway people into some day wanting to work for these companies. It's a recruitment effort plain and simple.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zeris posted:

Hi,

I come from the Land of Learning the Hard Way to tell you all that dating undergrads is always a bad idea, no matter how hot she is and no matter how unique the situation seems. Learn the hard way if you like, but don't say you weren't told.

I went on my first date with an undergrad last week. Will keep u posted

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My recently-graduated girlfriend just sprung her "keep TV segregated because those blacks already have their own channel" racism on me, so, uh, caveat emptor I guess

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Professor Bling posted:

My recently-graduated girlfriend just sprung her "keep TV segregated because those blacks already have their own channel" racism on me, so, uh, caveat emptor I guess

Should have replied with "Technically so do white people thanks to CBS and ABC"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bet you she's never watched BET

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Zeris posted:

Hi,

I come from the Land of Learning the Hard Way to tell you all that dating undergrads is always a bad idea, no matter how hot she is and no matter how unique the situation seems. Learn the hard way if you like, but don't say you weren't told.

The dating part was the mistake here

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

VAC put me in touch with The Prince's Charity. It's a grant or low-interest loan of up to $75k for vets to go into business. I'm an arts student and I don't know anything about business, but it seems like a good opportunity. Did anyone start a business while they were in school? Should I hold out until grad?

A publishing house that produces dick art books and polonium tees might be a good start.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Don't ever cuss at the teachers, kids. That's the magic line you cross and auto lose your argument and somehow security gets called.

Just don't cuss AT them. Even if they're red in the face frothing screaming at you. The first to cuss, loses.

Ask me how I know.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
were you arguing in a govt class and using your mil experience as some sort of expert opinion because if so lol

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Please regale us with your story, brother

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm going to guess the words "that's loving bullshit" was uttered.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
That kind of language is not tolerated in Pottery 101

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

elite_garbage_man posted:

That kind of language is not tolerated in Pottery 101

listen, mom, if I want to make a dragon dildo bong it's my god drat right

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Please don't use the phrase "you guys" when cussing at your professor. It's problematic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
"You zyrs" is the proper nomenclature.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's why I address everyone as "hey, you cocksuckers."

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
"Kiss my rear end" in response to a froathingly apoplectic instructor who was losing it because nobody (other than me) had done any of the assigned work.

So yeah, she can kiss my rear end. I'm standing by it- their hug box can go gently caress itself if some alpha oval office is allowed to get Full Metal Jacket PG style on me I'm gonna tell that fellow grown rear end adult to kiss my rear end.

She's (more accurately I am) lucky I didn't give her the old "suck my dick from the back" but then I'd probably be arrested and on a registry by now all things considered.

gently caress people who think they can just get in my face and yell at me. I mean what the gently caress.

I'm not cut out for this brand of college poo poo and it's so painfully obvious.

I was good at two things. Being enlisted and doing Intel sperg poo poo. I'm very bad at being a undergrad, or a student for that matter.

I can't quit college to go enlist because I already loving retired.

Just gonna finish this out hating it the whole way. Kinda like an enlistment.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
College, like the military, has an adjustment period. I didn't settle in till a few months in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i really dgaf what sexuality or gender or whatever the gently caress you are, but when some probably not even old enough to drink kid says in a casual conversation with people he's never met before "i'm trans" and the other dumb kids are like "yeah that's cool" like it's some sort of conversation about what band they like or what kind of teenage clique stereotype they are.....gently caress i just cringed. he was literally saying it like "yeah i chose this to feel special, gotta let people know about it so they validate me feeling special". i really don't think he was trans in any way except saying he was. how the gently caress do i adjust to this poo poo? i'm the old man on campus with all the backwards ideas :bahgawd:

gently caress man i feel like i'm kindergarten with all these young kids running around.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

College, like the military, has an adjustment period. I didn't settle in till a few months in.

No loving joke. I'm still trying to adjust.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Caring about what other college students say / do lowers you to their level.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Two years in and I think I've hit my stride. The trick is to study geoscience

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Look at butts and write papers

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Write papers about butts.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Come work with me and write papers about butt cancer.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
what kind of bizarro school do you go to

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

what kind of bizarro school do you go to

This new school called I have a job

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This new school called I have a job

not you. the guy who pasted some whacky sjw story.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

not you. the guy who pasted some whacky sjw story.

every school?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

Bet you she's never watched BET

Got it in one.

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

App13 posted:

Two years in and I think I've hit my stride. The trick is to study geoscience

I only figured that out as I was jumping on the swirly slide of depression and divorce. Intro classes are like playing in a sandbox and talking about cool poo poo like when chthulu is going to kick it up a gear on his ten speed in hell and we all get to enjoy volcanic-induced apocalypse that you goddamned well know we deserve.

Then you get into structural geology and draw the most complicated circles since you were a kid, so much so that you practically want to hang it on your fridge after you manage a C+ on your lab homework.

Natural resource management program, here I come.

Join me, shim. You too, can join the search for jobs that will let you gently caress off in the woods or mountains or in a lab pouring acid on rocks or something.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 2, 2016

• Locked thread