Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I didn't know know that there was a 110 minimum ms. I guess 99% slow isn't that much worse than 80%, but then I guess I have to wonder what the point is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Spiros posted:

Will Janna ever get nerfed?

Her passive used to be mapwide and the AD bonus on her shield lasted the full duration even if you broke the shield

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

henkman posted:

Her passive used to be mapwide and the AD bonus on her shield lasted the full duration even if you broke the shield

Tornados were twice as wide always had a 1.5 second knock up regardless of charge time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

henkman posted:

I've been playing since s1 but she's 2nice atm so I wonder if another nerf is coming

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Spiros posted:

I've been playing since s1 but she's 2nice atm so I wonder if another nerf is coming

Only if pro teams start giving her huge priority which hasn't really happened. She's sat at higher heights in solo queue before many times without getting touched. Her base kit is so loving good for solo queue it would take some kind of serious hatchet job to ever make her not top tier.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Methanar posted:

Tornados were twice as wide always had a 1.5 second knock up regardless of charge time.

They also had a 1.0 AP ratio when fully charged and went way further than they do now.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Please tell me how to top lane Naut TIA

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Please tell me how to top lane Naut TIA

max E W Q and build tank stuff and use your TP properly

against boring lanes use E to push the wave really hard and roam to midlane and use your ultimate on the midlaner for a free flash or kill

it's that easy!!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

exethan posted:

max E W Q and build tank stuff and use your TP properly

against boring lanes use E to push the wave really hard and roam to midlane and use your ultimate on the midlaner for a free flash or kill

it's that easy!!

Do I harass with my E or do I just try and angle in and hit them with the anchor?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Janna's kit is so good that short of making her useless she's always going to be good.

Please don't make Janna useless, Rito. :smith:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lady Naga posted:

Do I harass with my E or do I just try and angle in and hit them with the anchor?

Anytime you are both in the area of minions just use E to hit them and your opponent. Any time he tries to trade just put the shield on. Whenever you can engage solo or with your jungler throw the anchor at him. You can pretty effortlessly wave clear, won't die unless you blind engage with no information and get counter ganked, and have huge roaming and play making potential. Nautilus can build literally loving anything and still be solid. Get an item that counters your lane opponent and then build a bunch of stuff to gently caress with the enemy team.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Libertine posted:

Anytime you are both in the area of minions just use E to hit them and your opponent. Any time he tries to trade just put the shield on. Whenever you can engage solo or with your jungler throw the anchor at him. You can pretty effortlessly wave clear, won't die unless you blind engage with no information and get counter ganked, and have huge roaming and play making potential. Nautilus can build literally loving anything and still be solid. Get an item that counters your lane opponent and then build a bunch of stuff to gently caress with the enemy team.

I like to build Sunfire into Iceborn for armour and facesmashing goodness.

Against an AP top laner I like Sunfire into typically Negatron Cloak but sometimes just the one Nulmagic then decide between Iceborn, Abysal, Banner or an early ZZ'Rots.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Libertine posted:

Trundle with damage pot seems to win every trade pre-3 and can ride that momentum for most of the laning phase, though, so I guess it's not foolproof.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

I didn't know know that there was a 110 minimum ms. I guess 99% slow isn't that much worse than 80%, but then I guess I have to wonder what the point is

Higher slow against people with Boots of Swiftness, off the top of my head. idk if that's the only effect that reduces slows by a percentage

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Higher slow against people with Boots of Swiftness, off the top of my head. idk if that's the only effect that reduces slows by a percentage

Yeah, that's true

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Spiros posted:

Trundle with damage pot seems to win every trade pre-3 and can ride that momentum for most of the laning phase, though, so I guess it's not foolproof.

Trundle beats almost any tank in lane by virtue of his design. The counter argument to that is almost no one plays Trundle. The onus is also on Trundle to have a better post-lane impact on the game than a bog standard tank and that's often difficult.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even after the small nerfs to Trundle i still think he's a very strong laner. For some reason his Q doesn't bite the towers but still resets the auto-attack so if you've got nothing else to bite it's a free auto so V:v:V

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Spiros posted:

RIP AP Janna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dSA02gh4Q

You will be missed...

e: Just like Regi missed the yellow card every time he needed it, jeez.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2112067996/31652782?tab=stats

First penta since AP Yi :toot:

The new lifesteal keystone on Olaf is really good. It makes the <10% hp duels wicked strong on top of how good Olaf is at that bullshit already.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

henkman posted:

If 110 is the minimum then the buff only effects people faster than 550ms right? So its a non buff basically cause thats super quick.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It would still nerf janna and shyvana in a roundabout way, right?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

The Shortest Path posted:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2112067996/31652782?tab=stats

First penta since AP Yi :toot:

The new lifesteal keystone on Olaf is really good. It makes the <10% hp duels wicked strong on top of how good Olaf is at that bullshit already.

one wonders how that cho'gath got even 5 kills

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

If 110 is the minimum then the buff only effects people faster than 550ms right? So its a non buff basically cause thats super quick.

actually, slows from 220-110 ms are also scaled back in effectiveness, so the difference between 80 and 99% is actually larger than it looks like.

More specifically, from the wiki: If the raw speed is below 220, it gets multiplied by 50% and added to 110.

Basically if you're slowed below 220 ms, the slow effectiveness between 110-220 is reduced by 50%.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 2, 2016

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Can someone tell me how to change my language on the Japanese servers to English? The way I used to do it for LAN when I got the good ole 130 ping on NA in S4 isn't working.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Can someone tell me how to change my language on the Japanese servers to English? The way I used to do it for LAN when I got the good ole 130 ping on NA in S4 isn't working.

Are you talking about the actual written information, or the Voice/Announcer stuff? Cause I don't care about having Japanese voices, but it's a huge pain in the rear end searching for items and setting up rune pages in Nihongo.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
Behold, the oldest scoreboard.jpg

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Are you talking about the actual written information, or the Voice/Announcer stuff? Cause I don't care about having Japanese voices, but it's a huge pain in the rear end searching for items and setting up rune pages in Nihongo.

The former. I don't know what the gently caress I'm doing or how to change the menu settings.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Peakay posted:

I can't find a picture of the old multi tab queue screen.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 2, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Peakay posted:

A blast from the loving past man, jesus this game was ugly

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Sadly, that was the oldest picture I had on this PC. I just got one upped.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Honestly I almost miss the "stole Blizzard's design doc wholesale" look League used to have.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Starting a game where my top is shaco and my mid is ez.... the other team has a real comp. wish me luck

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How do cleaver and last whisper items stack?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Penetration/reduction are applied in order :

Flat reduction
% Reduction
% Penetration
Flat penetration

Percents stack multiplicatively.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:mrgw:

Didn't somebody joke about running this page a few weeks ago? Lol.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Gypsylord already said that the 99% slow is getting reverted and that it was just a test.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Alris posted:

Illaoi is a fun and perfectly serviceable champion.

Until your opponent buys Tier 1 boots

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
At no point did I say she's strong or good :colbert:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Alris posted:

At no point did I say she's strong or good :colbert:

Yeah I know and my point still stands