Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does Penny not have new lines of dialogue or something?

While Leah, Maru and Abigail all have different conversations with me after certain events, referencing them and our relationship, Penny is still just using her same dialogue lines from when I first came to the town (directing me to the museum, talking about how she teaches the children, etc.) and she's at 7 hearts :(

Is this a bug?

e: also, is it really safe to sell gems and minerals or am I going to hate myself later because they're used in recipes? Talking everything from soapstone to rubies.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Steam is weird. My jokey, two sentence, sorta-drunk-when-I-wrote-it Steam review of this game is somehow in the top 10 for both Most Helpful and Funny, as well as being reposted on Kotaku. As a result, I've been deflecting friend requests from randos all day. I'm kind of bitter now about the reviews I actually put thought and effort into with only one thumbs up.

Also, my sister came home from the store tonight with a package of blueberries and I couldn't help making cash register noises in my head.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Yessss

Day before the grange as well. Also got a giant mushroom tree, don't know how rare it is though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
To anyone who has above 8 hearts with a single without a bouquet, can you share a pic?

I swear to god, I've been giving Harvey pickles and he still doesn't think of me as his BEST PAL.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Your Computer posted:

While Leah, Maru and Abigail all have different conversations with me after certain events, referencing them and our relationship, Penny is still just using her same dialogue lines from when I first came to the town (directing me to the museum, talking about how she teaches the children, etc.) and she's at 7 hearts :(

Is this a bug?

Fetal Alchohol Syndrome.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Your Computer posted:

Is this a bug?

e: also, is it really safe to sell gems and minerals or am I going to hate myself later because they're used in recipes? Talking everything from soapstone to rubies.

I guess so, since I've been dating Penny and didn't even realize that romance options had new dialogue when you gave them the bouquet.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Malek posted:

Get a fiberglass rod (or non bamboo)
Right click the worms
Right click the rod
Win.

What about with a controller?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tired Moritz posted:

To anyone who has above 8 hearts with a single without a bouquet, can you share a pic?

I swear to god, I've been giving Harvey pickles and he still doesn't think of me as his BEST PAL.

I hit ten with Wizard this evening.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

a7m2 posted:

What about with a controller?
You pick up the worms (left click with mouse/use tool button, you can right click to pick up also but it only picks up one which is silly when you want like 50 bait on the rod), you put them over the rod, and then you press the interaction button (not the use tool button, the other one that's the equivalent of right click, they both interact with stuff). The process is the same controller or not.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 2, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the wizard isn't single!!!

I would marry the wizard though.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Unfortunately the Wizard isn't single.

Edit: I need to refresh more often.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

good times and great fishing will come to those who post gently caress YOU GLACIERFISH in this thread!!!!

What, you mean this ol' thing? :coolfish:

I got it the second time I hooked it, it didn't seem that bad at all (but I was using a +3 fishing buff food and a trap bobber). What do I do with the drat thing, though?

e:

Today is a good day to fish.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 2, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Someone Awful! posted:

What, you mean this ol' thing? :coolfish:

I got it the second time I hooked it, it didn't seem that bad at all (but I was using a +3 fishing buff food and a trap bobber). What do I do with the drat thing, though?

e:

Today is a good day to fish.

i had basically the same benefits going on when i caught it, and without those it's way more of a fucker to catch as i found out.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
The game has more viewers than wow on twitch now.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Pigbottom posted:

The game has more viewers than wow on twitch now.

Yesterday it had like 43k viewers, with about 20k on on channel.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Rookersh posted:

Also like, someone robs you if you fall unconscious? Who the gently caress robbed you. There are 28 people in this town, and I know all of them.

It's the Jojamart guy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
A buddy of mine who I like to talk video games with picked this up, which meant I pretty much had to buy it as well to give us something new to talk about.

I hate fishing and don't particularly care about any of the locals, but otherwise I'm enjoying myself. Good game.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bad Seafood posted:

A buddy of mine who I like to talk video games with picked this up, which meant I pretty much had to buy it as well to give us something new to talk about.

I hate fishing and don't particularly care about any of the locals, but otherwise I'm enjoying myself. Good game.

This sounds familiar.....

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Fishing actually got better really quickly for me; I think it gets easier in sort of fits and spurts as your gear/level get better vs. trying to catch harder fish.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This sounds familiar.....
:negative:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
PLEASE tell me there's a better way to deal with the flies/bats in the caves. It;'s such a pain having to try and turn to face them instead of your character just swinging their weapon in whatever direction you click.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Could someone explain the slime hutch to me?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Dorkopotamis posted:

It's a hutch

for slimes

:2bong:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

ChogsEnhour posted:

PLEASE tell me there's a better way to deal with the flies/bats in the caves. It;'s such a pain having to try and turn to face them instead of your character just swinging their weapon in whatever direction you click.

The worst part of this is that sometimes my character DOES turn around and swing in the direction I click instead of the direction I'm facing, but usually only when I click in the opposite direction of the enemy, which tends to get me hurt.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You know what is slightly annoying?

See all those Blue Jazz flowers? They are all from the same field, and they don't stack, since they all have slightly different hues and quality, meaning they are separate item IDs.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I had a similar issue with fairy roses.

I'm just now in Winter of my first year. How do I plant these dumb forage seeds? Also, are the orchard trees I got at ruinous expense actually going to pay off?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

AG3 posted:

The worst part of this is that sometimes my character DOES turn around and swing in the direction I click instead of the direction I'm facing, but usually only when I click in the opposite direction of the enemy, which tends to get me hurt.

What it is, is if you click close to your character, your attack direction is based on which adjacent square you were clicking in. If the cursor is beyond a tile or two, your character will just keep swinging in whatever direction it's facing regardless of the cursors relative location. It should definitely be relative to cursor position all the time. This and the Slingshot aiming mechanic not being too mouse friendly are really my only gripes.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Nessus posted:

I had a similar issue with fairy roses.

I'm just now in Winter of my first year. How do I plant these dumb forage seeds? Also, are the orchard trees I got at ruinous expense actually going to pay off?

The orchard trees, once fully grown, will bear fruit every single day of their season. It takes almost no time for them to pay for themselves!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

AG3 posted:

Just learnt to craft chakrams. Hopefully they'll be more viable than my sword.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Dorkopotamis posted:

Once you obtain the hutch, slimes will now have a rare chance to drop eggs. Once you've hatched a male (has the dongle on its head) and female (plain blob), they will begin reproducing. Once you have enough slimes, they'll start leaving behind giant slime eggs overnight that burst into 15-20 regular slime balls. Don't forget to fill the 4 troughs on the wall with water.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Emalde posted:

Once you obtain the hutch, slimes will now have a rare chance to drop eggs. Once you've hatched a male (has the dongle on its head) and female (plain blob), they will begin reproducing. Once you have enough slimes, they'll start leaving behind giant slime eggs overnight that burst into 15-20 regular slime balls. Don't forget to fill the 4 troughs on the wall with water.

The sounds like it'll take a long time to pay for itself.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
So when does that Meteor fall, roughly? I'm one of those idiots who bought the game on GOG and now I'm worried about playing 1.03 and getting the meteor stuck in my house or the pond or something, like other people in the thread. I'm in the middle of the first summer.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Broken Cog posted:

The sounds like it'll take a long time to pay for itself.

You get enough slimes and multiple pods will generate overnight, seemingly up to a maximum of 3?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I heard Blueberries were good value so I bought as many as I could afford. I made like ten times my investment back. Pain to water them all though. Next year I'm becoming a beer baron.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Dumb question, but do u you have to water tree saplings? The ground didn't change colour when I tested so I haven't been...

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Nah just ignore them and they'll grow.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

busb posted:

Dumb question, but do u you have to water tree saplings? The ground didn't change colour when I tested so I haven't been...

Just keep the squares around them clear and they'll grow.

Anyway someone did the math on crop profits and here it is
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wgpGDKF4duBeeSwmZxKLAnGU2BJsvoZ5K-CGzKKZTfU/edit

Or to put it simply. If you want cold hard crop cash then it's Strawberries for Spring, Starfruit (Blueberries if you don't have them) for Summer and Cranberries for Fall.

Though I imagine artisan goods and cooking can make other crops profitable. I really want to sit down and work out how much you can make from cooking sometime.

Fans fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 2, 2016

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Hmmm patch doesn't list level 10 fishing fix. Anyone try that yet?

Bumfluff
Jun 19, 2008

Bumfluff!
It's me, Mabel!
I'm looking at you through the av!
Right here!
This is my voice!
I'm talking to you from inside!

It hit 2am and I passed out while I was literally outside the door to my house and Joja charged me 1000g to get me home what a scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Skaw posted:

What it is, is if you click close to your character, your attack direction is based on which adjacent square you were clicking in. If the cursor is beyond a tile or two, your character will just keep swinging in whatever direction it's facing regardless of the cursors relative location. It should definitely be relative to cursor position all the time. This and the Slingshot aiming mechanic not being too mouse friendly are really my only gripes.

Yeah, that's what I thought it was since it behaves that way with tools as well. Supremely annoying and I hope it gets patched at some point. Either that or at least an option where you can select whether to mouse aim or character facing aim.