Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

IRQ posted:

I didn't like Mooney but I didn't hate her either. Fortunately she was only ever signed on for one season so she doesn't outstay her welcome.

In the early episodes I just loved how over the top she was. The way she speaks and acts is so overacted I couldn't help but enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I hated Fish Mooney so much. I watched season 1 and part of season 2, and Penguin, Riddler, and Donal Logue were basically the highlights. Alfred was neat but he's barely in it, and you couldn't really get Alfred scenes without Bruce scenes nearby, so...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sober posted:

Also he now acts alongside his baby momma who plays his girlfriend and 1) it's funny how they don't keep secrets from each other that it's so refreshing and 2) this is like the first person I've seen Morena Baccarin act opposite of and actually have chemistry with.

Didn't see Deadpool?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

I hated Fish Mooney so much. I watched season 1 and part of season 2, and Penguin, Riddler, and Donal Logue were basically the highlights. Alfred was neat but he's barely in it, and you couldn't really get Alfred scenes without Bruce scenes nearby, so...

Alfred does a lot more in S2 and it's pretty cool.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only saw the pilot but Jada's hammy as hell performance was easily my favourite part

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

IRQ posted:

I didn't like Mooney but I didn't hate her either. Fortunately she was only ever signed on for one season so she doesn't outstay her welcome.
I was okay with Fish but I think you kinda know she's sort of an original character so she's not long for the world probably. I wasn't really a fan of her plotline in the second half of the first season if only because it was kinda just separated from the rest of the cast for no reason other than they needed to keep her on the show.

Aphrodite posted:

Didn't see Deadpool?
No not yet, but Firefly or V (what little I watched) or Homeland never really did it for me (granted the latter is kinda the point, but still). I will rectify that mistake soon.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

IRQ posted:

Haha, what?

The actor who plays Tony is leaving at the end of this season.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thrawn527 posted:

The actor who plays Tony is leaving at the end of this season.

Yeah that's about it for the show then probably.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

IRQ posted:

Yeah that's about it for the show then probably.

Well, the show having just been renewed for 2 more years begs to differ.

I stopped watching when they got rid of Ziva. Who's left from the show's earlier several seasons? Just Gibbs, Ducky, and Abby?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thrawn527 posted:

Well, the show having just been renewed for 2 more years begs to differ.

I stopped watching when they got rid of Ziva. Who's left from the show's earlier several seasons? Just Gibbs, Ducky, and Abby?

McGee is still around, and Vance, they killed off Mike though. The Ziva replacement(s?) are largely forgettable.

I just don't see the show working without Tony.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

IRQ posted:

McGee is still around, and Vance, they killed off Mike though. The Ziva replacement(s?) are largely forgettable.

I just don't see the show working without Tony.

Right, I forgot how early they added McGee. Vance came on around season 5 or so, right? After they killed Jenny? I also thought they had killed Vance, but that was his wife.

...the NCIS retirement package doesn't seem very good. Kate, Jenny, Mike, Paula, Vance's wife, Ziva's father, all dead.

Tony's totally going to die.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

thrawn527 posted:

Tony's totally going to die.

They reintroduced an old love story he had when he was deep undercover. I'm thinking they won't kill him off.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey guess what, Legends of the Hidden Temple is coming back as a fictional TV movie.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Steven Soderbergh is making a series for Netflix, so I'm guessing that's about that for The Knick. It ended in a good spot but I loved it and would've liked to have seen more seasons.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The children of Kirk Fogg must team up with Olmec to save the world. And win prizes!!! Yay!!!

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 2, 2016

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Vanderdeath posted:

Steven Soderbergh is making a series for Netflix, so I'm guessing that's about that for The Knick. It ended in a good spot but I loved it and would've liked to have seen more seasons.

When the last season ended he did an interview where he was fairly open about leaving the show but still getting new scripts written at the network's request while looking for new people to run the show for him afterward. I'd be perfectly happy if the show ended after season 2, though.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
On the topic of Gotham, Is the kid from Shameless still in it and did he actually play the Joker or was it clever misdirection and he was actually someone else?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

xcore posted:

On the topic of Gotham, Is the kid from Shameless still in it and did he actually play the Joker or was it clever misdirection and he was actually someone else?

He was killed and its more he was an idea of the "joker"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

xcore posted:

He became a memetic virus that infected Gotham Wherever people are brutal to other people for no reason other than the fun of it, Joker is there.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Bruceski posted:

He became a memetic virus that infected Gotham Wherever people are brutal to other people for no reason other than the fun of it, Joker is there.

This sounds stupid, but it was actually passable. That kid was a great proto-Joker though, it's kind of a shame they didn't keep him around. Him + Cobblepot would have actually elevated the show into genuinely-good territory.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Manos del Sino posted:

This sounds stupid, but it was actually passable. That kid was a great proto-Joker though, it's kind of a shame they didn't keep him around. Him + Cobblepot would have actually elevated the show into genuinely-good territory.

Cobblepot and Riddler are pretty enjoyable

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Manos del Sino posted:

I agree he was a lot better than I thought any attempt at Joker would be. I could see him overstaying his welcome though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Mimetic Joker was probably the most interesting idea Gotham came up with.

I ran out of Lucifer, so I'm doing it. I'm starting iZombie.

...and I burst out laughing while posting this due to the party at the beginning.

Edit: yeah this is actually pretty good so far.

Also, is the orbital cavity really a straight shot to the carotid artery.

Edit2: GIS says it is.

Snak fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 2, 2016

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

You only started iZombie? Oh you sweet summer child.

Sober fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 2, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sober posted:

you say

*my sweet

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

i was on my phone, i never look at autocorrect

gently caress my phone

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
"What do I always say?"
"You can't flex fat!"

When opportunity knocks you can keep sitting on your futon watching real homemakers of whore-town like a fatty fat-rear end, or you can answer the door. I'm answering the door"

"We're living proof you don't have to have body fat, to have a phat idea"

This show is pretty good.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Escobarbarian posted:

So when people say Gotham is good....what is 'good' exactly

notice hwo the exact same people who claim The 100 is 'good' claim that Gotham is now 'good'. draw your own conclusions, bown. namaste

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Snak posted:

"What do I always say?"
"You can't flex fat!"

Man, I used to say that all the time when I was in high school and denial about my weight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

notice hwo the exact same people who claim The 100 is 'good' claim that Gotham is now 'good'. draw your own conclusions, bown. namaste

now that the CW actually have a good show pretty much anything could happen these days honestly

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Toxxupation posted:

The 100 is a good show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like The 100. I dislike Arrow/Flash/Gotham.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

I like The 100. I dislike Arrow/Flash/Gotham.

I'm sorry, but Toxxupation says you don't exist. Please stop trolling us, thx.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

While I wouldn't argue that The 100 is a great must watch TV show like The Wire, or Breaking Bad, but If you want a non-cape related Sci-fi show, The 100 is actually pretty good, just with some really annoying flaws*.

Yeah, the first few episodes are pretty much a CW version Lord of the Flies, but in the future. But so far it has actually done a fairly good job of world building, and most of the conflicts make sense beyond a simple us vs them, and most of the conflicts are between characters with different viewpoints, experiences, and motivations, so lots of shades of grey in there. Think of it as Fallout meets Game of Thrones without the dragons and tits, and on the CW.

*Because the show is actually pretty fast paced, It often sacrifices character development as the plot demands. This sometime leads to characters doing things wildly out of character because the plot demands it, instead of feeling like a natural development of a character.

I also gave up on Gotham about 3 or 4 episodes in.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 2, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The worst The 100 ever gets is the first episode where they land on the radioactive Earth and the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons is playing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Confirmed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The 100 is really good. What I saw of Gotham was really bad. Flash might be worse than that now though.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

X-O posted:

The 100 is really good. What I saw of Gotham was really bad. Flash might be worse than that now though.
Well at least in S2 after Gordon and his new girlfriend (played by McKenzie's real girlfriend Morena Baccarin) have been going for a while they literally do not keep secrets from another. Literally. Like Gordon is blackmailed into killing a dude for the Penguin and he tells her about it and she's like "okay, let's tackle this head on". I mean she even gets kidnapped by Gordon's now-crazy ex and she pretty much just takes it in stride.

Meanwhile on The Flash...

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The first season of The 100 starts out horrible and gets slightly better but I wouldn't call it good. Season 2 is good though. I don't know why Toxx has to constantly bring up that show and the people who like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I hate it because it sounds like that one quiz show.

• Locked thread