Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Waffleman_ posted:

Plus now he got that Jonathan beef from the neck down, hoo boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Is it wrong that I was more distracted by the fact that Dio's nails change from regular fingernails to black talons at random intervals?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Cernunnos posted:

Just knowing the main character of Part Six's powers is enough to tell you just how Bizarre this particular Bizarre Adventure is going to be.

yeah, soap is pretty cool

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is it wrong that I was more distracted by the fact that Dio's nails change from regular fingernails to black talons at random intervals?

Hardly the weirdest of Dio's powers.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Given that Avdol's reaction to meeting him for the first time was to jump out of the nearest window, that's probably a safe bet to make.

If I recall, he specifically jumped out the nearest window rather than even talk to Dio because he knew he was about to be manipulated and/or brainwashed. He's smart enough to figure out how to avoid being turned into the villain of the week.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's downright mundane by the standards of vampires in Jojo.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aithon posted:

If I recall, he specifically jumped out the nearest window rather than even talk to Dio because he knew he was about to be manipulated and/or brainwashed. He's smart enough to figure out how to avoid being turned into the villain of the week.

"poo poo, this guy's constantly shrouded in shadows and has weird filters and audio cues all over him. Time to bail!"

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Green Intern posted:

"poo poo, this guy's constantly shrouded in shadows and has weird filters and audio cues all over him. Time to bail!"

Hey, remember the time a band of Nazis discovered three ancient statues of Aztec Bodybuilders and one of them came to life and slaughtered the whole platoon? I think someone going "Ay, Ay, Ay" was that audio cue noting "Get the gently caress out of there, you numbnuts".

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Is this the point were I link the Bloodystream OP?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'm not saying it was Vanilla Ice's idea, buuuuuut... (very minor spoilers for pt.3)

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

You know, considering what Vanilla Ice himself wears....

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Ohhhhh kawaii Dio should be a thing the way SD Fist of the North Star is a thing

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

That's it, wrap it up guys, Thread's over, no way we can top that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

That's it, wrap it up guys, Thread's over, no way we can top that.

I think there's another image in that set, actually.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Saturday's update is gonna be a...

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

Waffleman_ posted:

Saturday's update is gonna be a...

That took me way too long to realise that was an airplane. I love how this looks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We've come a long way in aviation since '89. For one, planes are no longer made of boxes like a Minecraft.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, when I picked this up (short girl with Howlin' Wolf stand), it also took me a bit to realize it was a plane too.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
Seeing as the recent topic is Vanilla Ice fashion choice, i'm obligated to post this.

http://imgur.com/a/ceWy8

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kaptain posted:

Seeing as the recent topic is Vanilla Ice fashion choice, i'm obligated to post this.

http://imgur.com/a/ceWy8

:perfect:

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
What We Missed Part 1: Sheer Note Attack

So, this will be the first in a series of updates covering things missed in each update of the Seventh Stand User.

During Stand Creation, there are three special questions that do more than just determine your stats. Or rather, determine one extra one.

“Do you believe in 'survival of the fittest' - that it's natural for those who are weaker to get picked off?”

“Do you think that two against one is unfair?“

“Do you think that people are fundamentally evil by nature? “

While answering as many questions as possible will raise your stats at the beginning of the game, All of these questions can subtract 1 point from your karma, which effects how certain people see you and how you comport yourself. Later events in the story will allow you to gain or lose karma, with other benefits besides.

...Then again, it's said only the truly evil can get what they deserve. As for us though...

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Depending on your stand, you actually do get different dialogue throughout the game. Nothing that could derail the plot though.

Since we have Red Garland right now, we speak like Jotaro.

Now lets get to the important things we missed out on in Japan.

First up is this exploded house.

Schoolgirl: I heard there was an explosion here a while back! They still haven't found any corpses or survivors...

Typical. Can't even trust the cops to do their job these days...

Might as well investigate this ourselves.

Gotta admit though, whoever did all this packed a hell of a punch.

Stand Notes: It seems that whoever used to live here was gathering info about different Stands.

-Dan Penn-
My own Stand. Remote-controlled. Takes the form of countless levitating hands. Can turn memory fragments into physical records.

-Murderdolls-
Allows dolls and mannequins to be controlled from a distance by attaching a strand of hair. Does not transmit damage to the user.

-Alhirt-
An automatic Stand that takes the form of many large, insect-like entities called Green Hornets.

As for the Diary...

It's a scrapbook-style diary. Half of the contents are burnt to ash...There's a photo of a young woman and a much older man. Are they father and daughter? They seem very happy.

Hmm, but there's something by the bed.

Book: ...It's that bow and arrow...That's the cause of this whole catastrophe...It has the power to awaken latent Stand powers...I'd tested it many times to no ill effect, but that day was different...an unbelievable thing occurred. The arrow broke apart, scattering pieces of it everywhere. I don't remember how it happened... It was almost like it shattered on its own....That was when it all started. Bizarre accidents began occurring around town one after another. Things that seemed like they couldn't possibly have been the work of human beings. Then, today, I received a visitor. He, too, was a Stand user.
The man introduced himself, then, in a detached tone of voice, began to say...”I apologize, but you know too much about my powers. I came here to dispose of you.”

Well drat.

Book: That man is my murderer...Using my Stand, Dan Penn, I was able to transcribe my final thoughts into this diary. That arrow has caused many new Stand users to appear, and so has sparked many disasters...This is my penance for my irresponsible deeds...Watch yourself from now on... Watch out for 'Stand users'...

Got Bizarre Memo!

We can write short reminders in the Bizarre Memo, but that's pretty much all it's good for.

Nice day for a walk in the woods, but we aren't here for just that.

We're here for this. Because if you have the cash, this is the path to ultimate power.

But not right now.

This wall is missing a window, and It makes a strange noise if I walk into it...If I keep doing that-

...I'll walk right through it.

Welcome to Burning Down the House, Emporio's Room, or in better terms, The Postgame. Hidden in every city throughout the game is the entrance to the Postgame.

Yes you can literally walk into the postgame as the very first thing you do.

Emporio: The plumbing and electrical wiring are also ghosts, so everything's running if you need to use it...Beyond that door is where all the ghosts like to hang out... They won't hurt you, though, so don't worry.

Unfortunately 90% of the stuff to do here is locked behind New Game + barriers.

Honestly, for someone who shouldn't even exist yet he's got a pretty swank place.

That's not to say there's nothing to do right now though.

Like getting infinite bottled water.

...Make that a VERY swank place.

Oh, he's just got the afterlife check-in station in his broom closet. There is also no music here.

You tell me, Speed Weed.

“FIND THE GOD-SLAYING AXE”

...Thinking about it, was there ever anyone who used an axe as a weapon in JJBA?

And that's literally everything we can do in here right now.

Youth: This is the Recycle Shop, where you can sell your unwanted items!

Selling stuff in this game is not really ever required unless you have managed to waste both your money and the healing items this game tosses at you.

(This shop is used for New Game + shenanigans)

You can pay for a ride to school. There's absolutely no reason to, but you can.

Schoolgirl: ...Although, if you save first, it's probably fine.

Say hello to Rolling Stones, a stand from JJBA Part 5. if you touch it, it will start moving after you through every map. If it touches you, you instantly game over. However, it vanishes after you leave japan, and you get nothing for avoiding it, so it's more of an easter egg than anything dangerous.

Time for a sidequest you can only do as a male. First we have to head to the teacher's lounge and talk to the tank top dude.

Mr. Ito: No way you can have THAT back! You shouldn't be bringing stuff like that into school in the first place!

Then we head back to the guy on the third floor.

Now back to the teacher's lounge.

Mr. Kimura: It's locked anyway, so you couldn't even if you wanted to.

Now to the second floor!

Schoolgirl: What? You can't get a lost item back? That won't do. But between you and me...I saw Mr. Ito run to the bathroom looking really suspicious... And he didn't have his key with him on the way back.

Now we have to head to the third floor bathroom.

Schoolboy: Incontinence at his age... What a shame! He uses the first floor bathroom, by the way.

Now to the first floor...

Got Locker Key.

And to the storage room which is thankfully right next door...

Now to bring this back for our ultimate reward.

Schoolboy: I-I really owe you one! Thank you so much for getting this back! Oh, right...I promised you a reward, didn't I?

How the hell are we the same size?

Schoolboy: That's some period clothing from the drama club. I only wore it once, so it's pretty much brand new.
I was gonna wear it for the pre-graduation sideshow performance, but you can have it.

So after all that running around we got rewarded with some new threads. Not only will this equipment change your sprite, it'll alter certain NPC dialogue, and randomly cause either you or the enemy to lose a turn in battle.

There's one for female characters too, but you can't get it yet.

As shown here. This guy would normally talk about movies, but our new threads get new dialogue!

This is the other sidequest that isn't Stand Locked. We start a fight to save this kid from three delinquents.

Once we win, if we had no ointment in our inventory, he'd hand us five whenever we wanted.

Short Student: Sometimes you'll get paralyzed with embarrassment, though. Use it carefully.

Now, there are several sidequests here that are stand-locked, so I'll go over them here.

-Requiring Miracles, there's a delinquent standing next to a girl on the third floor. Talk to them to receive an event where the delinquent loses his wallet. Then, if you head outside and check the ground while carrying less than 300g, you'll find money in 1, 5, or 10g increments. Technically you can get the money with any Stand, but Miracles is the only Stand the cutscene triggers for.

- On the second floor is a boy with a broken walkman. Talk to him with Cardigans to repair the walkman and he'll give you Sweets, a healing item.

- On the third floor in the science classroom is a girl working on a compound. Help her out with Deep Purple and she'll hand you an energy drink. Drink it to get your stats raised, or if you're unlucky, dropped.

-Also requiring Miracles, On the third floor is a student who tells you to leave him alone. Cheer him up with Miracles to receive some Sweets.

But you know, that reminds me. There is one extra function to the Bizarre Memo.

We can check the memo to read it without writing in it.

Now, clearly this must be a puzzle of some sort.

So what's a name that goes with killer cats?

This seems like a great idea!

Now, if we choose to read what we wrote...

Wait I don't remember a picture drawing screen-

Oh my.

???: What a hassle... I don't know where you learned my name, but I can't very well let you live...

Yeah you can fight one of the superbosses in this game just by writing in a book at level one, what about it?

oh. That's like double my health right now.

:zombie:

:ghost: Welp. Maybe we can do better next time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If we had ended up going with a male character, you best believe we'd be wearing that kimono 24/7. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think there's special dialogue if you fight Kira with Naplam Death. At least, I think my character said something to him. Would make sense, give it and Killer Queen are similar in power.

I think it was the "nice watch" conversation.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 5, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Uh, well then...

Stand...Round up...?

Burning Down the House, Emporio's Stand from Part 6. Enter it, and you may find yourself in a beautiful house with a beautiful man/woman.

Rolling Stones, a Stand from Part 5's...epilogue, I'd guess you'd call it. It chases you, and if you resist it enough, it'll break and you'll be fated to a painful death. Let it catch you, though, and it'll rewrite your death into something peaceful. It's User has no control over it.

Killer Queen, the Stand belonging to Part 4's antagonist, David Bowie. It...does a lot of things, mostly involving blowing people up without a trace.

Also props to the musical taste of whoever made this game. Never thought I'd see a Dan Penn or Al Hirt referenced in a fan game.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The short player character gets a ninja outfit, which owns

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Did you overlook the exploded house in the first update or just wanted to get the ball rolling? I'm happy you did this though! RIP Fatty DMX

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I actually touched on the exploded house when I was recording, but declined to include it in the update as it was long enough already.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
One DIO's hench used an axe, think it was Alessia? Not as primary weapon technically, but still.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Then there's Tarkus or Bluford in part 1

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
I'm disappointed there isn't a Piano in Emporio's room.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Episode 4: Grey Matter

Well, it's time to go on vacation!

......It seems they've found me...Looks like they're coming....to Egypt...Joseph and...Jotaro, is it?

This is what planes looked like in 89. We've come a long way.

Whoa...Just now, I sensed that Dio was watching us!

Yeah...

Watch out...I have a feeling we might have some unwanted company aboard this plane...

Do you guys think so?

Eeek!

...! What was that!?

It's...it's a rhinocerous beetl--No, it's a stag beetle!

A bug inside the plane? That's definitely not normal!

W-Where is it!?

The other passengers are sleeping soundly...

The passengers don't seem to notice. It must be a Stand!

It has to be hidden somewhere among the other passengers!

A Stand that looks like a bug...It might be...

JOTARO!

Ugh...Gross!

Disgusting...Let me take care of this.

B-Be careful...I've heard of a bug-like Stand before...One that likes to tear out and eat human tongues...!

It's not actually a fight! This is just a cutscene.

Star Platinum!

The stag beetle dodged the attack!

I-I can't believe it! Not even Star Platinum, which can stop a bullet in midair, could land a single hit!

There's no doubt now! The bug's a Stand! Where's the one controlling it!? ...Shoot!! It's attacking!

The beetle attacked!

poo poo!! That was too close...

Star Platinum stopped the needle with its teeth!

He did it! He stopped the needle!

Its name is 'Tower of Gray!' I'd heard talk of this Stand before, but I didn't know it was working for Dio...

It specializes in accidents...Train wrecks, plane crashes, the works...He likes to make his killings look natural. This Stand is responsible for the plane crash in England that took 300 lives last year! And now he's on Dio's side...

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW.

It flew away!

I'm not transcribing you anymore, Abdul. Shut up.

Heh heh...you could have a gun on me at point blank and it'd still be useless! Not that bullets can do anything to Stands anyway...

drat...!

(They have to be somewhere on this plane...Where there's a Stand, the user can't be far!)

There it is!

(It just moved over there!)

Heehh heehh heehh...

MASSACRE!

Oh god...T-The passengers...

T-The nerve of the bastard!

Incinerate it, Magician's Red!!

Wait! Hold on a minute, Abdul!

It's...it's blooooood!!

Back to sleep.

Abdul's Stand can defeat it, but it'll hurt the other passengers, too...It might even blow up the plane! We have to be careful!

VS Tower of Gray

It's the actual fight! We've got Lucia, Jotaro, Kakyoin, and Joseph for this one. Tower of Gray doesn't have a lot of HP, but he's tricky. He likes to switch his range a lot, and good luck hitting him for any decent damage if you're out of range. During the first turn, you really just can't hit him. Kakyoin then deduced that you'll need to use all-target attacks to find him. Also sometimes he just likes to go out of range of everything. It's a bit of a pain, but he's not that hard to take down. A couple notes, if you don't beat him in 8 turns, the battle will end and the story will go on, but you won't get any EXP. Also, I'm not totally aware what's going on with the attacks that connect but don't show anything happening.

T-That old guy's tongue was imprinted with the shape of a beetle!!

So that old man from before was the culprit...Heh. Guess disgusting Stands have disgusting users, am I right?

RUDE.

Did the plane just shake?!

!! That's odd...Is it me, or is the plane tilted on its side...? N-No, I'm not imagining it! It's definitely tilting!

I know!

S-sir!?

Charming as always.

Aahh!

And smooth as always.

O...Okay! ♥

The pilots have been cruelly murdered!

A..Aaaaaah!

Hey, are you all right, Lucia!? ...! T-This is a catastrophe...

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!! Bwarrrrbglh!! My Stand is 'The Tower!' It symbolizes tragedies and the interruption of journies! You'll never get to Dio!

Even if you manage to survive the crash, you'll be thousands of miles from Egypt! And when you continue, Dio's loyal servants will hound you 24 hours a day!

And Dio's Stand...it's the greatest of them all! Dio's Stand will reign over this entire world! You'll never reach Egypt aliiiiiive!! Grrghbl...

You guys are real professionals. Despite everything, you haven't screamed...Would've been a pain if you did. This old guy here is gonna make an emergency landing, so tell the passengers to brace for impact. We're counting on you.

Well, I've flown propeller planes before...

....P-Propeller planes...?

Hey! Get it together, Lucia! We need to prepare for an emergency landing! ...It's no good. She passed out.

This is because we got the Squeamish trait earlier.

But y'know, Jotaro...This is actually the 3rd time I've been on a plane that ended up crashing! Isn't that a weird coincidence?

And this is the third time he's been responsible for it crashing too.

I am NEVER flying with you again!

We'll be acting separately for the time being as to not look conspicuous to the enemy. Meet us at the Jade Garden restaurant!

Well, this is a setback. Oh well, a missed opportunity is just a new adventure! I'm sure we can get to Egypt in time! I guess I'll just explore Hong Kong for a bit. It's not like Dio has henchmen EVERYWHERE!

Next time: Dio has a henchman here! Très bien!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 5, 2016

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

A minor but neat detail: if your Stand is Adam Ant, the MC will have a line about how Tower of Grey is different from their Stand.

On a related note Waffleman, how would you feel about other people doing writeups for other Stands the MC could get?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
You're missing a portrait for Dio near the start of the update.

Your next line will be, "I believe you're mistaken, as there's clearly a portrait there."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I used the wrong tag so it didn't get caught in my URL replace.

Dr. Snark posted:

A minor but neat detail: if your Stand is Adam Ant, the MC will have a line about how Tower of Grey is different from their Stand.

On a related note Waffleman, how would you feel about other people doing writeups for other Stands the MC could get?

I did one for all of them a few pages ago.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Waffleman_ posted:

I did one for all of them a few pages ago.

durr i know how to read lps

Forget I said anything then.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Avdol, how do you know it was a Stand based murder if it looks natural?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sure there are some signs that stand users can pick up on that normal people wouldn't be able to notice. He doesn't have to do much to make it look natural to the muggles while stand users could still tell the difference.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Don't they also say at some point that Stand users are naturally drawn to each other to fight? Though the lack of actual 'Stand Sense' hurts characters on a regular basis.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
He's a fortuneteller who accompanies the main characters, so he's got powerful expositional abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Sped wagon foundation probably has MIB everywhere figuring this stuff out. I want to see Abdul and Joseph take down JFK's assassin

• Locked thread