Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Farm IG-88 and get Poggle from GW and Geonosian Soldier from cantina. You can do a Poggle lead which buffs GS too until you get HK-47.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sjonkel posted:

Both IG-88 and HK47 are from Arena points only, which makes it hard to farm them both for a droid team. Any suggestions on what to farm? I have IG-86 already, and I can get Poggle from GW. I also have Poe.

A Poggle boosted IG-88 is a terrifying thing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

gently caress Dooku as a leader, stay as far away from that garbage as you can. Evasion is a trick at the low percentages that it's at. 15-20% isn't poo poo. I just had an arena where I went like 15 attacks without getting an evade, including a Kylo AoE that hit everyone.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zotix posted:

gently caress Dooku as a leader, stay as far away from that garbage as you can. Evasion is a trick at the low percentages that it's at. 15-20% isn't poo poo. I just had an arena where I went like 15 attacks without getting an evade, including a Kylo AoE that hit everyone.*

*Please note the opposite is true for AI teams lead by Dooku/Lumi

E: I hate to be "That Guy" but has anyone else noticed lower drop rates for shards in Hard missions? I actually do quite a few of them (JC, FOTP, Dooku, and Rey) daily and previously have noticed between 30-50% drop rate on shards but for the last three days I'm averaging out to less than 10% drop rate (about 1 shard per 12 levels run).

Jibo fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 2, 2016

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Screw those little bomb-throwing pig guys from Bespin. :mrapig:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

Screw those little bomb-throwing pig guys from Bespin. :mrapig:

Bespin is a gas giant, they aren't from there; they just keep the flying city from falling into the planet's core.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

gently caress Dooku as a leader, stay as far away from that garbage as you can. Evasion is a trick at the low percentages that it's at. 15-20% isn't poo poo. I just had an arena where I went like 15 attacks without getting an evade, including a Kylo AoE that hit everyone.

It's broken, and confirmed by EA as such.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...is-fixed-please

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

quote:

I have tested this also and you are correct. It works correctly up to lvl 6 at 13.5% evasion. At lvl 7 15% evasion it stops working altogether. There is a HUGE difference in the amount of evades between his lvl 7 leader ability and any other level of his leader ability.

So, basically, don't level up Dooku's ability past 7 and it works. How loving hard of a fix can that be?

EA_Jesse posted:

It looks like we found what the problem is. It's not a simple fix like the last Dooku one, so it will require a bit more time to get a fix in place.

gently caress you guys.

Jibo posted:

E: I hate to be "That Guy" but has anyone else noticed lower drop rates for shards in Hard missions? I actually do quite a few of them (JC, FOTP, Dooku, and Rey) daily and previously have noticed between 30-50% drop rate on shards but for the last three days I'm averaging out to less than 10% drop rate (about 1 shard per 12 levels run).

I'm still getting about 1/3. I've cried wolf before too.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 2, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Over the past week Bronzium packs have been getting me some interesting drops. I don't know if I could consider it lucky, but I'm enjoying it.

Jibo posted:

I've noticed that you get slightly higher shard drop rate from Cantina and Hard Mode when you don't use the "Find" feature from the character sheet. Don't know why, probably a form of bias talking, who knows.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ularg posted:

I've noticed that you get slightly higher shard drop rate from Cantina and Hard Mode when you don't use the "Find" feature from the character sheet. Don't know why, probably a form of bias talking, who knows.

The way this game is that would not surprise me.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Woo, I'll be unlocking Daka tonight!

Once I do that, should I go for Poe or QGJ with my Cantina money? I've heard great things about both and seen them both kick rear end as allies or Arena enemies, and at this point I'm kinda just looking for someone to tell me that one of them is the correct choice over the other in an authoritative tone, regardless of whether it's correct.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Poe is who you build a team around, qgj is flexibly awesome

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah my QGJ is pretty close to 7 star and he is pretty awesome.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Jibo posted:

How the hell do I beat the Cantina 3-E battle led by Dooku where he counter-attacks constantly and gets tons of extra attacks?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 2, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

How the hell do I beat the Cantina 3-E battle led by Dooku where he counter-attacks constantly and gets tons of extra attacks?

Stun him.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Just hit 7* on Lumi, no idea what to do now with GW currency. Currently using QGJ (4*), Lumi, JC (6*, taking a break to get Mace for the next Yoda event), Dooku (5*), and Sids (7*). I have First Order Trooper and have access to the FO TIE level, and am tempted to make Phasma and round out a nice FO squad that shits out assists, but feel like I'd be better off using my stronger-but-no-synergy players until the FO squad was 6-7* too?

Might stick to a QGJ led Jedi squad and swap Yoda in for Dooku, keep the rest as is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

Just hit 7* on Lumi, no idea what to do now with GW currency. Currently using QGJ (4*), Lumi, JC (6*, taking a break to get Mace for the next Yoda event), Dooku (5*), and Sids (7*). I have First Order Trooper and have access to the FO TIE level, and am tempted to make Phasma and round out a nice FO squad that shits out assists, but feel like I'd be better off using my stronger-but-no-synergy players until the FO squad was 6-7* too?

Might stick to a QGJ led Jedi squad and swap Yoda in for Dooku, keep the rest as is.

Phasma is drat good buffer and lead for dark side. I highly recommend.

Otherwise, get a Poggle if you like droids or a RP if you like resistance.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I have 65 Lando shards after 200 Lando Cantina battles. Guess the RNG hates me! Where are my other 1 ⅔ shards?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Over the past week Bronzium packs have been getting me some interesting drops. I don't know if I could consider it lucky, but I'm enjoying it.

Hahahaha, in the past two weeks I've gotten more hero drops than normal out of bronziums, but I'm not sure I'd exactly call myself lucky on that front. The only new character I got was Ahsoka, who I have no intention of actually leveling. Others included Ewok Scout (I got him two days in a row last week - he's now at 24/25 to 3*), and I want to say Lumi, but that might have been like 3 weeks ago, hard to remember. I just remember getting 2 Daka shard shop shards out of it...honestly pretty good deal for a Bronzium pack :\

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

I am catte butte in game and hang out around rank 150. Someone give me money so I can afford to upgrade phasma and luminara to 7*. I'm basically done collecting chars aside from droids. I have enough chars to win galactic war every day now so that helps but poo poo is expensive. I maybe buy $20 a month of IAP.

Get poggle and geonosian soldier and some droids and gently caress poo poo up.

Things are slower now that they ruined my free premium currency fueled event binging on training droids and credits.

I use sidious as my leader. Off the bat I then go for either the opponent's sideous or a low HP DPS char. I use sidious' main attack which prevents healing, I then drop the first target. I basically repeat this process and take out the healers last unless I have another reason to do so. I like Kylo's third focused attack as it tends to murder targets (especially if kylo is < 50%) and never misses. I use Asajj to remove poggle or phasma buffs and murder with the AOE attack. Luminara is a fantastic DPS/healer especially with her HOT. Phasma is good for the DPS buff but has kind of poo poo damage.

A fun rotation is multi-attack and counter-attack so use phasma as leader + dooku + kylo (with aoe attack counter buff).

Anyone else notice that Luminara's force blast is awesome on pretty much every target except Sidious? It misses more than half the time on him so I know never to use it.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 2, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Lumi is an unavoidable necessity to actually being able to beat GW in the 40's.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

Anyone else notice that Luminara's force blast is awesome on pretty much every target except Sidious? It misses more than half the time on him so I know never to use it.

I never use it on him anyway because his special ability is almost a free turn anyway and I don't want to stop him from doing that. If that's on cooldown then there's probably better targets for the Force Blast.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cowofwar posted:

She's a Jedi and he has high evasion against Jedi.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's funny how much you want the AI have Sid use his AoE instead of his normal attack that heal blocks.

GW has been kind of puzzle like since I've had to make the perfect set of moves to take out Sid, Dooku, Rey, Lumi before they wreck one of my characters.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I really wish I could give up my account without it being tied to my google account. The game is complete garbage at this point and you can't trust anything at this point from the developers. There's a guy on the Reddit who has tested Daka and so far she's revived 1 out of 23 times. Which is very similar to my personal experience. YET, when I fight against a Daka, she has like an 80%+ to revive someone, it's just loving horse poo poo how much of this game is just broken. After all the lies, and broken poo poo like Dooku's leader, GW picking opponents, etc. I can't believe them at all when they say defenders don't have hidden modifiers. I really want to loving walk away from this steaming pile of poo poo.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

it sure is fun simming for the 758329657893256 purple laptops I need before I go and play Future Fight which is an actual good game

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

I really wish I could give up my account without it being tied to my google account. The game is complete garbage at this point and you can't trust anything at this point from the developers. There's a guy on the Reddit who has tested Daka and so far she's revived 1 out of 23 times. Which is very similar to my personal experience. YET, when I fight against a Daka, she has like an 80%+ to revive someone, it's just loving horse poo poo how much of this game is just broken. After all the lies, and broken poo poo like Dooku's leader, GW picking opponents, etc. I can't believe them at all when they say defenders don't have hidden modifiers. I really want to loving walk away from this steaming pile of poo poo.
1 in 23 is literally one revive below expectation

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I just laugh when the game obviously cheeses me on GW, I'll just get my credits the next day.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

kaschei posted:

1 in 23 is literally one revive below expectation

Not with Chant of Resurrection. That's a 35% chance at skill level 7.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Syrinxx posted:

it sure is fun simming for the 758329657893256 purple laptops I need before I go and play Future Fight which is an actual good game

Oh for the innocent days when i just needed purple laptops.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Why does Biggs' description say he has "built in ship synergies"? Was this dropped content or something?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Spakstik posted:

Why does Biggs' description say he has "built in ship synergies"? Was this dropped content or something?

I assume pilots.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Spakstik posted:

Yeah, there is a whole bunch of unfinished data in the game relating to ship combat, and one of the holotables has the shape of ships to it. The Devs have said that new types of content is one of their priorities so this is likely still coming.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

I'd love to see the Death Star eventually become some sort of premium ship that totally wrecks shop available for whales at the low low cost of 1k$~ in a special unobtanium pack! ... :(

commish
Sep 17, 2009

:L posted:

I'd love to see the Death Star eventually become some sort of premium ship that totally wrecks shop available for whales at the low low cost of 1k$~ in a special unobtanium pack! ... :(

The day the deathstar is available in any type of format is the day I become a whale.

By whale, I mean, I'll spend $100 for a deathstar.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I'll spend $100* for a character whose leader skill is "Your opponent's team cannot counter attack, bonus attack, or call allies to assist"

*will not actually spend money because this game is loving trash

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Man, the rank swap pvp system really sucks but it feels good when you gently caress over someone else. There's only one rear end in a top hat in my timezone that guns for my position so I usually try to grab #1 then start a match at 5:49. As soon as that match ends, I use 50 crystals to attack again which goes until 5:59 so that attackers don't have enough time to beat me. Except yesterday this persistent rear end in a top hat somehow managed to start a match with me in the 10 seconds I was refreshing my crystals. Luckily for me he failed to beat my team and I guess he didn't want to spend 50 crystals for another shot. gently caress you Tenks.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So I'm lvl 38 and using Chewi, JC, General Veers, Jawa and Talia for my arena, challenge team etc. Currently farming QGJ, Dooku, Lumi, Geno and Sid from various places. Who should I be dropping first? Still feeling somewhat clueless but getting better.

Shameless plug for more allies. Only have four :sad:

961-498-628

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Veers is a strong contender for worst named character so drop him first. Drop chewie in favor of real DPS IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Tai posted:

Currently farming QGJ, Dooku, Lumi, Geno and Sid
961-498-628

These 5 make a fine team for leveling.

• Locked thread