Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

poo poo. brb gotta go buy some infowars "deep cleanse" to flush out my system

"Chromium picolinate. Every orifice, every day."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I have until March 16th-30th to decide if I should throw away ~$3,000 on a filing fee to try and primary my GOP U.S. congressman.

http://scvotes.org/files/2016%20Election%20Calendar%202016-02-24.pdf

DECISIONS DECISIONS

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
How do FEC rules work re: fundraising, do you have to file and be a candidate first or can you start campaigning/soliciting and bilk people for money to pay the filing fee???

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Lindsey Graham is on the shows today saying "we may have to back Ted Cruz."

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Boosted_C5 posted:

I have until March 16th-30th to decide if I should throw away ~$3,000 on a filing fee to try and primary my GOP U.S. congressman.

DECISIONS DECISIONS

you won't do it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Boosted_C5 posted:

DECISIONS DECISIONS

Dude you're too pussy to tell your neighbour you support Trump, how are you meant to campaign?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Just a lot of great stuff happening for the GOP right now.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/trumps-son-gives-interview-to-pro-slavery-host.html

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Montasque posted:

The same Lindsey who said like two days ago that murdering Cruz on the senate floor wouldn't be punished?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I must take 5 minutes to :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hard at Rubio's Minnesota win:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/704896471942963201
he gets a grand 1 more delegate that Cruz, and a whole 3 delegates more than Trump

totally worth getting basically zeroed on delegates from Texas and Alabama:

quote:

First, Texas and Alabama had 20 percent thresholds. Candidates with less than 20 percent of the vote statewide get none of the delegates being allotted statewide, and the same holds true in congressional districts. Rubio appears to have just missed that threshold in Texas, where he got 18 percent, and Alabama, where he got 19 percent.

Second, they both had what's effectively a 2:1 congressional district rule. In addition to those statewide delegates, those states allotted three delegates "proportionally" according to the results in each of their many congressional districts. But there's little true proportionality to be found — in each district, two delegates go to the winner, one goes to the runner-up, and anyone finishing third or below gets nothing. Rubio appears to have gotten third in 33 of 36 districts in Texas and six of seven districts in Alabama.

So while Ted Cruz will come away with about 103 delegates in Texas, Donald Trump will come away with around 49 — and Rubio will win around three. (Some current tallies that show Rubio winning six Texas delegates appear to be due to a counting error by one district.) In Alabama, Trump will win about 36 delegates, Cruz will win about 13 — and Rubio seems to have gotten just one.
Oh seeing Rubio screwed like this almost makes up for Cruz winning Texas

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Montasque posted:

So weird how every time after he says it he expectorates a huge cloud of screaming black flies

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

TheTatteredKing posted:

As a principaled libertarian you are an irrelevant minority.
I'm sorry.

You probably aren't... but that's okay. We're all getting hosed in this so my consolation prize will hopefully be four years of Hillary where even the Dems wish they had a better option.

Let it all burn!

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001

Nothing matters anymore

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Boosted_C5 posted:

CPAC going to set Saturday AM ratings records.

Form an exploratory committee. http://www.fec.gov/pdf/candgui.pdf

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Here's his Twitter which caused this article. Big Roger Stone booster.

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/704920367823982593

https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty

And here's his Facebook. It's mostly public.

https://www.facebook.com/Robert.Morrow.888

Hint: he really likes huge breasts.

Not totally in the tank for Trump though!

https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/704930169794994176

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 2, 2016

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

xwing posted:

I apparently missed it, but that sure would piss off a lot of the more principled people. If that were to happen I'd write someone in and continue my utter frustration with this lovely election.

The Libertarian Party has never quite been a bastion for principled libertarians, which is part of the reason you hear people talk about "small l vs. big L". As a fellow principled libertarian, I have pretty much given up on achieving anything through the political process. Instead, I do my best through direct action. Maybe one day my future great grandchildren will be able to live in a libertarian moonbase, or maybe create a new, free society that rises from the ashes of atomic devastation.

The good news is a Trump presidency seems highly likely to create the conditions necessary for one or both of those scenarios to occur.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

All of the current runners have no chance in the general.

The general election is going to be a very frightening and confusing time for you.

Unless the Republicans nominate Cruz, they've got a basement of around 45-47% of the popular vote. Rubio could easily upset Clinton, I really doubt his odds would be below 40%.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lum_ posted:

Here's his Facebook. It's mostly public.

https://www.facebook.com/Robert.Morrow.888

Hint: he really likes huge breasts

I am a JFK assassination researcher in Austin, TX. My email is Xxx@aol.com and I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Send me an email for my "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file. LOTS of good info in it

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Vox Nihili posted:

The general election is going to be a very frightening and confusing time for you.

Unless the Republicans nominate Cruz, they've got a basement of around 45-47% of the popular vote. Rubio could easily upset Clinton, I really doubt his odds would be below 40%.

i don't see how you could make that claim at all given the uncertainty of how things are going to play out between now and the convention. nobody's getting 45% if their party is fractured in two

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

© AP Photo/Alan Diaz A supporter holds a sign as supporters wait for the arrival of Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., at a campaign rally, Tuesday, March 1, 2016, in Miami.

"Don't dehumanize yourselves just yet!"

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

LogisticEarth posted:

live in a libertarian moonbase

Alright fellow moonbase buddies! I'm picturing a bunch of people who regularly sing a song like the "Thunder Buddies" song from TED.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

LogisticEarth posted:

Maybe one day my future great grandchildren will be able to live in a libertarian moonbase

i can't think of a worse punishment

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I live in Kansas and am a Democrat, but this election cycle is getting me to thinking that I should become a RINO and use my vote to try to support whatever moderate republican shows up in local elections rather than being basically a liberal protest vote.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Here's Rubio's post ST Spin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut7cG81fz-U

- 65% of voters do not want Trump!
- Donald Trump is a con man
- Donald Trump under performed
- Ted Cruz was supposed to sweep last night, fell short.
- Donald Trump wont disavow the KKK
- Donald Trump will not be our nominee
- We did really well in Virginia - this shows Donald Trump is sinking.
- We will do great in the states moving forward since they are more like Virginia.
- Last night was not supposed to be my night.
- Ted Cruz outspent us and out campaigned us and he came up short.
- I will win Florida.
- The Florida numbers are off! My internal numbers are much better.
- South Florida is where the state will win.
- We will expose Trump!
- Make your clothes in AMERICA, Trump!
- TRUMP U
- Donald has a big presence here...
- BOTTOM LINE - This was supposed to be Ted's night, it was not!
- Our plan is not a convention fight, it's to win this outright.

The FoxNews reporter than said "Sorry, hard break... we gotta go."

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Montasque posted:

- We did really well in Virginia - this shows Donald Trump is sinking.
- We will do great in the states moving forward since they are more like Virginia.

marco...

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

they laughed when i toxxed for cruz. laughed

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

rear end cobra posted:

chrischristie.jpg

(Like a dog!)

That's Huckabee's family, right?

I guess their dog died and they got a new one.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That Rob guy is a real piece of work.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Clipperton posted:

they laughed when i toxxed for cruz. laughed

will it be worth standing alone after the purge, staring at the prospects of a cruz presidency standing before you? at least you can comfort yourself with the fact that you were right whilst the zodiac killer closes in to claim another soul.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

http://theresurgent.com/cruz-is-stopped-trump-rubio-is-not/

I'm seeing a trend...

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Zeta Taskforce posted:

That's Huckabee's family, right?

I guess their dog died and they got a new one.

considering his son who knows how it might have died

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
"One of these men goes out every night and fists prostitutes to death in an abandoned warehouse. can you guess which one?"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Boosted_C5 posted:

I am becoming hopelessly addicted to the Alex Jones show and using Twitter why have you people pushed me to this???

Quit touching eating the poop.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TwinsensRevenge posted:

i don't see how you could make that claim at all given the uncertainty of how things are going to play out between now and the convention. nobody's getting 45% if their party is fractured in two

I agree that the usual standards go out the window if there's a contested convention. I don't think Hillary is a lock in any case unless she's against Cruz, though.

mcstanb
Mar 21, 2011
Please explain to a eurogoon, do any of the States primaries, that happen after March 15th matter in terms of numbers of delegates allocated or is it more or less decided after March 15th, who will be nomitades in June?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mcstanb posted:

Please explain to a eurogoon, do any of the States primaries, that happen after March 15th matter in terms of numbers of delegates allocated or is it more or less decided after March 15th, who will be nomitades in June?

Later GOP contests matter because many are winner-take-all or quasi-winner-take-all so candidates can still cause big swings in the delegate count.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

xwing posted:

What kind of drugs are you on to even write this? Third party doesn't automatically equal Libertarian. Trump is the opposite of what Libertarians would want especially those principled enough to have voted Libertarian before. There have been articles that say the only true linking of Trump voters it their statist tendencies which flies in the face of Libertarian values.

Taking over the libertarian party, or another third party with 50-state ballot access, is his only reasonable shot if he's ratfucked by surprise since he wouldn't be able to get ballot access. And libertarians are children who will be easily swept aside or join the Trumpenreich, he would have no trouble whatsoever pulling it off.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

CPAC going to set Saturday AM ratings records.

On the contrary, my bold prediction: CPAC will NOT pull in higher ratings than the Ninja Turtles or Superfriends did. Even with Trump.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Perfectly Safe posted:

"One of these men goes out every night and fists prostitutes to death in an abandoned warehouse. can you guess which one?"

Make or female prostitues? That's important to my decision.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Quit touching eating the poop.

You don't seem to understand Boosted.

See, he is the poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Tavis Smiley: Black America could get on Trump train

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/03/01/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-black-voters-primary-elections-2016-column/81150932/

CHOO-CHOO!!!!

ALL ABOARD THE TRUMP TRAIN!!!

RED AND YELLOW BLACK AND WHITE, WE ARE PRECIOUS IN HIS SIGHT

DONALD TRUMPS LOVES US ALL LETS BUILD THE WALL

As usual Tavis smiley's political opinion is a mix of blather/maybes/and confusing points, but I don't think you read the article. He basically poses a question, mentions that rich black friends of Trump have been relatively quiet, and throws up his hands.

• Locked thread