Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
What makes it so easy to rampage in this mission is the over abundance of food everywhere. Even if you get shot in the face, you can just chug some punch and cakes and be right as rain again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Corvo is going to get so fat. :btroll:

Aren't some of the larger food cans just full of whale fat anyway? It can't be tasty to chug a gallon of it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Poil posted:

Corvo is going to get so fat. :btroll:

Aren't some of the larger food cans just full of whale fat anyway? It can't be tasty to chug a gallon of it.

The huge coffee-can looking ones are jellied eels :britain:

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?

deadly_pudding posted:

The huge coffee-can looking ones are jellied eels :britain:

I'm not sure that's any better tasting...

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
jeez XCOM2 must be really really good

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Don't worry, we got all our commentary done and recorded. It's just going to be a matter of Coolguye finding the time to glue it all together, and my next video is ready to go for our next recording session so there won't be too much of a wait turnover there.

Also XCOM2 is really really good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I ended up not liking XCOM 2 that much, so it isn't my fault.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Seemed to involve lots of crazy people with swords/guns and people glitching through walls/floors so seems aporpos for the LP

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
I get through all of the videos so far and it turns out the thread is looking like it's on life support.

Live, goddamnit! Don't quit on me now! You don't want me to start giving mouth to mouth!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
The things XCOM 2 will do to a man (or woman).

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
So how's Fire Emblem Fates, LP superstars?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Roboky's Australian. :rip:

Content, uh...

No, I got nothing, assuming content is defined as related to the game. Echoing the "come back :ohdear:" sentiment.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah, I apologize for all of the recent delays, but please be assured that everything is fine and we are not giving up the LP. The delays are mostly Coolguy-related, as we've generally come to expect, honestly. I'm taking steps to address this - last week I started working with a gentleman to help with sound editing my episodes, which has traditionally been one of the big hold-ups in publishing new content. I loathe sound editing and it takes a lot of my time, so presuming this new guy works out things should be a lot more regular going forward.

He's left me with the impression that he will be done with the low chaos run of Lady Boyle's in the next day or so, but since the thread is asking (as is their right!) I will check in with him tomorrow to see if he has a more specific ETA. :)

I love you all.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

AlphaKretin posted:

Roboky's Australian. :rip:

Coolguye's given the thread the skinny on the subject so I'm just going to say that you can ask about me being buried head-first in a turn-based tactical RPG when the english-language release of Super Robot Wars Original Generations: Moon Dwellers is out later in the year. At least in its case I'll know that the translation will be garbage cause it's for South East Asian markets, unlike Fates which is garbage because they apparently hired a bunch of circus clowns.

Rest assured if this hold-up continues on account of Coolguye's audio editing pipeline difficulties or Orv continually dying and having to be resuscitated with black magic on the days we usually record I'm going to just start a goddamn Transformers: Devastation LP because I'm getting LP withdrawals.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Rest assured if this hold-up continues on account of Coolguye's audio editing pipeline difficulties or Orv continually dying and having to be resuscitated with black magic on the days we usually record I'm going to just start a goddamn Transformers: Devastation LP because I'm getting LP withdrawals.

"Look man, I can stop recording videos of me playing videogames whenever I want to. I need to finish up some, uh, work soon so I'll be in my room and don't bother me."
*Closes door and then kicks an orc off a mountain.
"Oooh, that feels so goooood."

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

"Look man, I can stop recording videos of me playing videogames whenever I want to. I need to finish up some, uh, work soon so I'll be in my room and don't bother me."
*Closes door and then kicks an orc off a mountain.
"Oooh, that feels so goooood."

Exactly except replace "an orc off a mountain" with "Starscream in the face"

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was practically immune to disease until I started doing LPs. Don't do 'em kids, they'll kill you slowly.

Unrelated, can we talk about how the first Dungeons and Dragons movie is an awful movie but the perfect depiction of a bad custom campaign?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Orv posted:

I was practically immune to disease until I started doing LPs. Don't do 'em kids, they'll kill you slowly.

Unrelated, can we talk about how the first Dungeons and Dragons movie is an awful movie but the perfect depiction of a bad custom campaign?

jeremy irons is a national treasure and he (over)acts the hell out of that movie.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Orv posted:

As long as you don't start bleeding from your eyes. :ohdear:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Orv posted:

The D&D movie is a perfect adaptation of the RPG and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :allears:

It really does need a set of captions that are nothing but die roll results, though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

double nine posted:

jeremy irons is a national treasure and he (over)acts the hell out of that movie.

Exactly! Think about it, it isn't meant to capture the essence of Dungeons and Dragons, it's a send up to every bad PnP group ever. It's got;

• The sterotypical, Scottish, racist dwarf.
  • The stoic, know-it-all elf
  • The uptight, snooty mage
  • The two rogues who just came to drink all the Mountain Dew and crack jokes
  • The big bad's name is Prophyion, which will surely just get him called by some character trait he has because who the gently caress is going to remember that
  • The big bad's big hench is DAMODAR, who even whispers when he's doing something bad
  • The heroes get dragged into the plot by something entirely unrelated, and then railroaded as hard as possible into being the saviours of some bullshit they don't give two cents about
  • One of the players goes up against the big hench when the plot doesn't call for it and gets murdered to death for his trouble
  • The macguffin is ultimately pointless except to allow a thing for the heroes to gently caress up
  • Elves are magic!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Low Chaos update: Lady Boyle's Last Party: Youtube Polsy

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Not doing the interlude?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I will be in the next day or two. The thing with the new sound editor was a disaster, so I just wanted more content out there. Huge thanks to Lunethex for stepping up and shredding out the sound at least twice as fast as I would've been able to.

I frequently don't know what to say on interludes, so I sometimes have to watch them about 3 or 4 times to get something that sounds half decent. :shobon:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:neckbeard:

Did Corvo slip and smash his face into the boat at the end?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Coolguye posted:

I genuinely don't remember the guards eagerly offing each other in this level, and I definitely didn't know about shooting the balloons. I do know that you can platform your way up to the top of the balloons, and I'm genuinely curious what happened when you brought a friend.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Having watched the video I really really want to know what Orvs section would have looked like to an outside viewer.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh my gosh, was that worth the wait. :allears:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
When I was doing the party, I stashed every upstairs guard in Esma's bathtub. It wasn't on the patrol route of any guard, so none of them would decide to cover a missing person's patrol and discover my handiwork. Plus, while you can only fit five in (under normal circumstances, without ini tweaking) before they start disappearing, those five make for an amusing tableau.

Also, I learned the guard objected to you eating his apple on my first playthrough, but the video that taught me those balloons were explosive was this one.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 1, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

I genuinely don't remember the guards eagerly offing each other in this level, and I definitely didn't know about shooting the balloons. I do know that you can platform your way up to the top of the balloons, and I'm genuinely curious what happened when you brought a friend.

When I tried to jump on top of the balloon, it immediately exploded and dumped me unceremoniously earthward. Me and my sleepy buddy ended up plummeting to earth.

Orv
May 4, 2011

cokerpilot posted:

Having watched the video I really really want to know what Orvs section would have looked like to an outside viewer.

I assume to the view of people under level two Time Stop Corvo teleports.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Poil posted:

:neckbeard:

Did Corvo slip and smash his face into the boat at the end?
That is definitely what it looks like. And Samuel was probably thinking (yet again) "God drat it, Corvo. :ughh:" during that sequence.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Coolguye posted:

TARGET NEUTRALIZED

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Sam Faust posted:

TARGET NEUTRALIZED
Accidentally assassinating the Boyle lady was probably the biggest favor you could have done for her.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

Accidentally assassinating the Boyle lady was probably the biggest favor you could have done for her.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shei-kun posted:

If you drop her too close to the swarm of rats in the basement it doesn't count against clean hands. But maybe killing the target never does.

By the way, can you carry her outside and dump her in Granny Rags old place, or feed the hagfish?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

If you drop her too close to the swarm of rats in the basement it doesn't count against clean hands. But maybe killing the target never does.
No, you definitely need to handle the targets in non-lethal ways to get Clean Hands. The ways around it mentioned here seem more like bugs.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Orv posted:

I assume to the view of people under level two Time Stop Corvo teleports.

Yep it would be horrifying one sec he is across the room the next half the guards are dead and he's sticking i knife in you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

cokerpilot posted:

Yep it would be horrifying one sec he is across the room the next half the guards are dead and he's sticking i knife in you.

BLACK MAGIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Corvo is able to kill people fast enough they don't feel anything, just drop dead..

Truly Orv's Corvo is the most merciful.

• Locked thread