Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coredump posted:

Yes. The reason I went with this one in particular is that the water block covers the whole videocard, so the vram and gpu gets cooled, and there is no other fan except the one on the radiator. Most other videocards that use an all-in-one cooler just cool the gpu with it, and leave the vrm to be cooled with a 2nd fan on the card. AMD does the same thing with their R9 Fury X I think.
Hell yeah. So that thing must never get very warm or noisy even under load, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hell yeah. So that thing must never get very warm or noisy even under load, huh?

Fingers crossed. I won't have it for a few days.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Coredump posted:

Fingers crossed. I won't have it for a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhrAnRTpxbI

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A very colorful Goodwill find for $7

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Given the source there's a 50/50 chance he's posting unironically.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

to go with my previous post.

Gonna be a lovely white imitation Roger Troutman.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

davebo posted:

I bought a breathalyzer and a seat post clamp for my fatbike.

I'm hoping these are for different things...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

FirstPlayer posted:

I had one of these a long time ago and it's actually one of the better talkboxes. Mainly due to the fact that you don't put it in the chain between your amp and speakers, having to worry about impedance and poo poo.

One thing I will say though, if you're playing it with bass (like I did), be sure you split the signal so you still have some dry signal going to your amp.

edit: nm, I see you're playing it with synth.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Tantalus posted:

Well obviously. There aren't any laws against me mountain biking drunk!

The breathalyzer is just because we're having a rehearsal dinner and a wedding and figured it might not be a bad idea to have on hand just in case. Most people are taking a shuttle or in walking distance but I figure better safe than sorry if someone wants to check.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

davebo posted:

The breathalyzer is just because we're having a rehearsal dinner and a wedding and figured it might not be a bad idea to have on hand just in case. Most people are taking a shuttle or in walking distance but I figure better safe than sorry if someone wants to check.

I just wanted you to be safe, man.

Have fun at the wedding!

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Preordered So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson and Lust & Wonder: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs and bought myself a 32GB Sd card for my 3DS.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

FirstPlayer posted:

Also be careful when storing the tube. I managed to store mine improperly so it got a kink/probably a small tear somewhere, and had to buy a new tube for like $20. Not a whole lot of money, but something you can do without the trouble of

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

davebo posted:

Why not?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

davebo posted:

Is this a thing? People drink and then use a breathalyzer to determine if they're ok to drive or not?

What happens if the cops don't bother with the breathalyzer and just do a road-side test?

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Sappo569 posted:

Is this a thing? People drink and then use a breathalyzer to determine if they're ok to drive or not?

What happens if the cops don't bother with the breathalyzer and just do a road-side test?

If you pass a breathalyzer you won't fail a road side test. You're over 0,08 way before you're incapacipated enough to fail a physical test that you would have passed otherwise. And I hope the US is like here where field sobriety test are only a "first line" of test and that you then have to fail an actual breathalyzer at the station to get a DUI.

The problem is that those breathalyzer tend to suck and people fail actual police grade breathalyzer after passing even expensive "home" ones.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 08:48 on Mar 3, 2016

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Tantalus posted:

The fatbike has a drinking problem.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Coredump posted:

I got one these:

That's loving nuts, you just gave my co-worker a stroke.

Edit:Link for those with a means to purchase one.

Hrvstmn31 has a new favorite as of 09:22 on Mar 3, 2016

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sappo569 posted:

The correct answer is to just not have more than one drink if you're driving. Blows my mind that someone who thinks they had better take a breathalyser test would even consider driving at all.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Frankston posted:

The correct answer is to just not have more than one drink if you're driving. Blows my mind that someone who thinks they had better take a breathalyser test would even consider driving at all.

People are dumb and like to take risks. It's just a pity that drink driving risks other people's lives too...

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Some Shia LaBoots:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Hrvstmn31 posted:

That's loving nuts, you just gave my co-worker a stroke.

Edit:Link for those with a means to purchase one.

Lots of Amazon giftcards gave their lives to make this possible.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Given the source there's a 50/50 chance he's posting unironically.

Why would I lie about that? I've been pretty vocal about supporting Donald Trump's candidacy...

Like when I built this AR pistol and posted it in the thread last year, remember?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'll give you this PCOS, unlike Boosted C5 you're actually broadcasting your decision. Shine on.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I bought four more hours worth of tattoo work.

This henley, because I like the band

And these notebooks, which I'm pretty excited about because I like physically writing things out

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
This reminds me of the time SA user LITERAL NAZI FUR ended up being a literal Nazi fur. We didn't believe him. :(

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

I'm now ready for the miserable Baltimore summer

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Those are 90s as gently caress. I like em!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Phthisis posted:

That's the Dixie cup pattern right?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Phthisis posted:

I hope you walk around all summer with a dixie cup in each hand.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Phthisis posted:

Walk up to people lounging in the park and just ask "Thirsty?"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's the Dixie cup pattern right?

Specifically called "Jazz" if I'm remembering correctly.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I definitely looks like jazz.

Found these on google. Mother of god that's a lot of 90's.

colas has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Mar 3, 2016

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

colas posted:

I definitely looks like jazz.

Yeah, it's Jazz, by Solo.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Frankston posted:

It's a nice rule of thumb but "one drink" can vary pretty widely on how much alcohol is in it, and if you'll be at a place for 5 hours you hardly need to limit yourself to just one. I figure it'd be nice to have on hand because I'm certainly not going to keep track of all the guests' drinks with an open bar, and I know some people are counting on their SO's to drive home and they may have a drink or two over several hours but who knows if they're lightweights or not. Like KingColliwog said you're over 0.08 before you're really impaired. The limit used to be 1.0, now it's 0.08 and even the lady that started Mother's Against Drunk Drivers in the 70's says there's no reason to drop it below that.

Unfortunately my shopping spree didn't end there, because I just bought a caulking gun and a plug-in push mower to replace my terrible old battery one.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Had to spend 60 euros on a replacement Surface Pen since the one that came with my Book was apparently extremely fragile. I had it in a pen slot thing in my backpack and when I went to take it out at work today I found that the top part with the clip had snapped clean off. I haven't done anything violent to my backpack recently besides setting it on the floor, so who knows how it happened. I think my next purchase needs to be a padded case or something so this one doesn't spontaneously snap itself.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

johnnyratbastard posted:

The fatbike has a drinking problem.

That was my suspicion.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

A nice lamp bong mute for my trumpet.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Murphy Brownback posted:

Had to spend 60 euros on a replacement Surface Pen since the one that came with my Book was apparently extremely fragile. I had it in a pen slot thing in my backpack and when I went to take it out at work today I found that the top part with the clip had snapped clean off. I haven't done anything violent to my backpack recently besides setting it on the floor, so who knows how it happened. I think my next purchase needs to be a padded case or something so this one doesn't spontaneously snap itself.

I use my pen literally never. I don't even know where it is, for sure.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Known Troll PCOS Bill posted:

Why would I lie about that?

Your sterling posting history notwithstanding? No idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Novelty underwear :unsmigghh: