Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Thinking John From Cincinnati is the best HBO show is way worse than supporting the Axis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Patton Oswalt shows up everywhere.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This is going to be another one of those "B-plot is better than A-plot" episodes.

The B-plot went nowhere and was basically not there.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 1, 2016

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Air is lava! posted:

Patton Oswalt shows up everywhere.

The B-plot went nowhere and was basically not there.

Of course Roger was the one polluting. The B plot was worth it if only for that "revelation."

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I feel like the idea of Roger running for office as a corrupt politician has a lot more potential then what they did in this episode.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Nastier Nate posted:

I feel like the idea of Roger running for office as a corrupt politician has a lot more potential then what they did in this episode.

Roger ran for office as a corrupt politician funded by a company that was also poisoning the water while he was also the CEO so he could get free drinks.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Which episode is it where Stan gets drunk and goes into the attic to talk to Roger and Roger is like "I knew this day would come."? I've seen it once, years ago, and some goon used to have that moment as his avatar, but a Google search is fruitless and it doesn't show up in any compilations on YouTube.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

My Q-Face posted:

Which episode is it where Stan gets drunk and goes into the attic to talk to Roger and Roger is like "I knew this day would come."? I've seen it once, years ago, and some goon used to have that moment as his avatar, but a Google search is fruitless and it doesn't show up in any compilations on YouTube.

Found it, Dungeons and Wagons. On Netflx it's S02E05.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 2, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It has to be said, it's pretty impressive that they've got a show that's been on the air for years and the concept of Roger hasn't been completely worn out. Almost every episode it's 'revealed' that he's actually the prick responsible for whatever bad is happening, and every time I love it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jenny! \o/

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

EL BROMANCE posted:

It has to be said, it's pretty impressive that they've got a show that's been on the air for years and the concept of Roger hasn't been completely worn out. Almost every episode it's 'revealed' that he's actually the prick responsible for whatever bad is happening, and every time I love it.

It's both because Roger is such a great character, and because they always manage to justify it.

Hell, they've even addressed it during the show at points ("I'm going to get there, and this is going to be you, isn't it?" "...Strong possibility.")

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, it's hilarious when they call attention to it and Roger just handwaves it away.

Roger: Stan, these are my sons, Alex and Ron. They're in Columbia Film School. 

Stan: How is that possible? 

Roger: I know. I look too young to have kids in college. 

Stan: No, that you have children when your persona is completely fabricated... 

Roger: We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams. 

Stan: That is an unsatisfying answer.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Oh good, I'm just his secretary.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

FuriousxGeorge posted:

That was the best part of an otherwise unsatisfying episode.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I love how they explained in the episode where he dates Snot how he is able to do all these characters simultaneously.

He can move really, REALLY fast.

Its so stupid but fits him perfectly.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ricky Spanish is Roger's best persona

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Carlosologist posted:

Ricky Spanish is Roger's best persona

If only because it gave us that Herzog ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nucs7hAi02k

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Excuse me, I'm an associate.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Kingdom posted:

The MC Skat Cat bit was very Family Guy.

http://youtu.be/w13HLSGGxs4

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Devil Wears a Lapel Pin
Stan is excited when he is put in charge of the CIA’s number one fundraiser, the annual calendar. He hires Haley to be his assistant, but she has ulterior motives for taking the job. Meanwhile, Roger decides to go to college, but his plans get derailed when on his first day he gets a new “Discovery” credit card and becomes obsessed with charging enough to earn a jacket branded with the card’s logo.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Roger is his own widow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bullock ripping the heads off all those animals. And Jeff :stonklol:

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bullock ripping the heads off all those animals. And Jeff :stonklol:

Eh he's already been ripped in half once. Twice if you count him being dissected by those aliens.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how he was fine at the end there.

And I had to laugh at the discover card, because Americans would always show up with them and try to use them in Canada.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ShadowCatboy posted:

Eh he's already been ripped in half once. Twice if you count him being dissected by those aliens.

he also got completely skinned alive by roger once

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

also r.i.p nancy reagan

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Real good episode minus the bizarre Klaus song that went on way too long.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The Piper posted:

Real good episode minus the bizarre Klaus song that went on way too long.

Like with last week's opposites attract bit, a Family Guy writer sneaked out of the office and into the American Dad writers room.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I notice we got two 'poo poo's this week.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Jeffs face is kinda creepy.

Eyelids shouldn't worrk that way.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Air is lava! posted:

Jeffs face is kinda creepy.

Eyelids shouldn't worrk that way.

Jeff's do.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
so are they contractually obligated to say "poo poo" twice in every episode

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

I did love the cut over to the California raisins. "We're cursed to live forever!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's been a while since we have had Principal Lewis.

"Oh don't worry Steve. Murdered little boys don't go to College."

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
How do I reach these keeeeeeeeeeedssss....

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This show is so great at continually escalating a joke. The final scene was really well crafted. Roger reveals 1) he got the kids to join the army, 2) clarifies he sold them to the Chinese army, 3) was paid in WoW gold, 4) doesn't actually play WoW, and 5) is morally outraged that a teacher sold students to China. I mean, any one of those was a funny enough line to go out on, but all of them in rapid succession was a perfect example of American Dad's strengths.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
The funeral scene was great, especially Roger's single tear from the shadows. That would make a great gif.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Anchorfran
Francine sets out to help news anchor Greg when he and Terry split up. Roger becomes obsessed with a fictional boy from an old game called Dream Phone.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

smashpro1 posted:

Roger becomes obsessed with a fictional boy from an old game called Dream Phone

OK, there's no way the A-plot can be better than this. Roger developing weird obsessions is the best.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

smashpro1 posted:

Anchorfran
Francine sets out to help news anchor Greg when he and Terry split up. Roger becomes obsessed with a fictional boy from an old game called Dream Phone.

Oh god I hope the producers are aware of Cinemasscar's Board James Dream Phone episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzWtnyhdn_4

If only for the Amazing song written by Bootsy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjq2IE2ixo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Thank you pixelation!