Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I have a bachelor's in Political Science and a master's in Public Admin both from a top 20 university, fully funded by student loans and I got out at only $48k in debt. That guy is full of poo poo. :colbert:

I have friends who got out of med school with less loan debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scarf posted:

I have a bachelor's in Political Science and a master's in Public Admin both from a top 20 university, fully funded by student loans and I got out at only $48k in debt. That guy is full of poo poo. :colbert:

"Only" $48,000.

Most people would call someone $48,000 in debt royally screwed unless they start selling cocaine for a living. For a middle-class American, it's considered a normal part of growing up.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
The schadenfreude here is state schools offering liberal arts degrees with no applicable job skills (english, poli sci, history) for $60,000, knowing full well 80% of those students will graduate into jobs just above the national poverty line, and selling it to hopeful kids as a necessity to avoid working at McDonalds.

Well, at least it's schadenfreude for the schools sitting on massive piles of wealth earned from naive kid's debt. For the rest of us it's spelling the doom of our economy but lol whatevs v:shobon:v

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Scarf posted:

He didn't say he'd just gotten out of school. If you graduate and don't make any payments...

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS43BP5AC4Q

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope Bernie takes to the hill and becomes the world's oldest guerrilla leader. I have trouble trusting any politician that hasn't done time for his views or engaged in some form of insurrection.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hope Bernie takes to the hill and becomes the world's oldest guerrilla leader. I have trouble trusting any politician that hasn't done time for his views or engaged in some form of insurrection.

Bernie Sanders didn't serve time, but he did get arrested in 1963 while protesting attempted segregation and was fined $25 (the equivalent of $193 today) for resisting arrest. So actually, the tiny old Jewish grandpa is the most legit of all the candidates.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Mar 2, 2016

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Bernie Sanders didn't serve time, but he did get arrested in 1963 while protesting attempted segregation and was fined $25 (the equivalent of $193 today) for resisting arrest. So actually, the tiny old Jewish grandpa is the most legit of all the candidates.

That picture is so phenomenal. I'm not a huge Bernie fan, but drat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

For comparison, at the same time as Bernie Sanders was getting arrested for fighting segregation:

* Hilary Clinton was campaigning for Barry Goldwater (an anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality Republican who wanted to bust up unions and welfare).

* Donald Trump was attending a military academy and possibly faking a medical deferment to avoid the draft.

* Ted Cruz did not exist.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

For comparison, at the same time as Bernie Sanders was getting arrested for fighting segregation:

* Hilary Clinton was campaigning for Barry Goldwater (an anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality Republican who wanted to bust up unions and welfare).

* Donald Trump was attending a military academy and possibly faking a medical deferment to avoid the draft.

That settles it, I'm getting some college loans.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
If you get a POLISCI degree and still have any shred of optimism regarding the American political structure, you clearly were not paying attention.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The schadenfreude here is state schools offering liberal arts degrees with no applicable job skills (english, poli sci, history) for $60,000, knowing full well 80% of those students will graduate into jobs just above the national poverty line, and selling it to hopeful kids as a necessity to avoid working at McDonalds.

Well, at least it's schadenfreude for the schools sitting on massive piles of wealth earned from naive kid's debt. For the rest of us it's spelling the doom of our economy but lol whatevs v:shobon:v

It's not hard to get good jobs with liberal arts degrees (especially poli sci and english). You just have to specialize and start putting in the work as an intern during school, which is never made clear and most schools ignore.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

chitoryu12 posted:

Or was he just sharpening his knives/cryptography skills.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

At least it's better than former Australian Treasurer Joe Hockey who was found protesting the introduction of University fees just after trying to make tuition ludicrously expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUVvyn_IP4

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Stex T posted:

If you get a POLISCI degree and still have any shred of optimism regarding the American political structure, you clearly were not paying attention.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I thought Ted Cruz was at least 60 because he just looks worn out but turns out the fucker ain't even 50. He's only two years older than Eminem.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Tony Phillips posted:

But stop the presses. We've got some incoming pure strain early celebration freude. In a high school state championship game no less.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2620788-hs-basketball-team-celebrates-state-title-prematurely-loses-on-buzzer-beater

Oooooh yeah, that's the good stuff. The looks on the other teams faces...

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

FreudianSlippers posted:

I thought Ted Cruz was at least 60 because he just looks worn out but turns out the fucker ain't even 50. He's only two years older than Eminem.

Being a complete piece of poo poo must take a bigger toll on the body than I thought.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

It's rare indeed that a CSO doesn't get beaten up at least once in prison, and the food is crap so yea, he's gonna get fat and smashed up. Best he can hope for is solitary, which is another kind of hell, but yea...

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Or was he just sharpening his knives/cryptography skills.

he says he's only 45 so it's impossible he's the zodiac killer, but I'm gonna need him to produce a birth certificate before I believe it!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

FlyinPingu posted:

he says he's only 45 so it's impossible he's the zodiac killer, but I'm gonna need him to produce a birth certificate before I believe it!

If that Obama fellar can fake one though so can he.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Funnily enough Ted Cruz was, unlike Barack Hussein Obama, not born in the United States of America.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Have a Stupid Criminals Schadenfreude match set:

Three arrested after robbing a convenience store while wearing court-ordered GPS

Thieves located quickly after stealing GPS devices

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I learned just yesterday that Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz were born within a year of each other. Holy poo poo.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Funnily enough Ted Cruz was, unlike Barack Hussein Obama, not born in the United States of America.

The funniest thing about that whole birther horseshit is that even if it was all true, even if Obama was born amidst a pack of hyenas in the deepest, darkest, most Muslim jungles of Kenya, with HD cameras filming the whole thing and a birth certificate signed by Idi loving Amin, he's still a natural-born American citizen because his mother is American.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

ninjahedgehog posted:

I learned just yesterday that Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz were born within a year of each other. Holy poo poo.

The funniest thing about that whole birther horseshit is that even if it was all true, even if Obama was born amidst a pack of hyenas in the deepest, darkest, most Muslim jungles of Kenya, with HD cameras filming the whole thing and a birth certificate signed by Idi loving Amin, he's still a natural-born American citizen because his mother is American.
Hey, if you're born outside America, you're not a real American.

Also, if you're born inside America, but your parents aren't legally American, you're still not a real American.

There are no real Americans.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

FreudianSlippers posted:

Ahem, that's RAFAEL Edward Cruz, tyvm.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Staryberry posted:

Have a Stupid Criminals Schadenfreude match set:

Thieves located quickly after stealing GPS devices

The fact that anyone under 30 doesn't know the difference between a cell phone and commercial grade GPS is kind of sad to me.

Strudel Man posted:

Hey, if you're born outside America, you're not a real American.

Also, if you're born inside America, but your parents aren't legally American, you're still not a real American.

There are no real Americans.

There are at least 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM1AAzeRCg

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Slugnoid posted:

does anyone have that video of that esports guy who was forced to play a round of starcraft against the dude who hosed his fiance?

:f5h::eyepop:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

:agreed:

We need a link

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

This is good.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
There's schadenfreud in here someplace.

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/03/02/newly-elected-gop-chair-texas-capitol/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

How many bathroom blowjobs has this guy clearly given, because the number has to be in the hundreds.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

WarpedNaba posted:

It's also the actual intent of a Boomerang. They're only meant to return if you miss, and if you miss, why are you hunting with a Boomerang.

Don't think they're intended for fishing, though.

I was always told that the ones they actually used for hunting weren't designed to return at all.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Tiggum posted:

I was always told that the ones they actually used for hunting weren't designed to return at all.

Well no, generally because they would be buried half a metre into the sternum of whatever you threw it at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧