Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Rip is Jeff? Firestorm are Abed and Troy? Mick is Pierce? I can get behind this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Rip is Jeff? Firestorm are Abed and Troy? Mick is Pierce? I can get behind this.

Snart is totally Jeff. He plays it all cool but really down deep cares about the team. Rip would be Chang at best.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rip is the Dean. He barges in and forces the team on crazy adventures for goals only he cares about.

Heatwave is Chang. Although Pierce also fits really well.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Hawkman is Pierce. They were both into weird religions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hawkgirl is Shirley. She's caring, kind, and the writers still have absolutely no idea what to do with her.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I admit I do try not to sexualize Captain Cold.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Binary Logic posted:

Gathering an army of devout followers and taking over the planet is not enough of an active plan?!

I think he seems sort of like Dr Claw, in that he has a new scheme every week, then when he's beaten it's all, "I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET!" I don't get the feeling that he's been shaping or shepherding historical events toward his ultimate goal or anything like that, which I think (though I could be wrong) is what they're aiming at. :shrug:

I admit I'm not explaining it very well - does anyone else get what I'm trying to say?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think he seems sort of like Dr Claw, in that he has a new scheme every week, then when he's beaten it's all, "I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET!" I don't get the feeling that he's been shaping or shepherding historical events toward his ultimate goal or anything like that, which I think (though I could be wrong) is what they're aiming at. :shrug:

I admit I'm not explaining it very well - does anyone else get what I'm trying to say?

Yeah. We have no sense at all as to the shape or direction of his plans. If he's manipulating events to further his goals, he's doing it in a way that is invisible to the audience. As far as we can tell, he may as well be doing nothing. He's got loyal followers, but what do they do? He defected to the Soviet Union, but why? What did that get him?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

Yeah. We have no sense at all as to the shape or direction of his plans. If he's manipulating events to further his goals, he's doing it in a way that is invisible to the audience. As far as we can tell, he may as well be doing nothing. He's got loyal followers, but what do they do? He defected to the Soviet Union, but why? What did that get him?

Think of it as less 'what does it get him' and more 'what the idiot writers think the audience correlates with bad and evil things'. Stay tuned next week for when the gang travels back-forwards in time to the new North Korea! Oh poo poo! Vandal's been spotted being a pirate captain off the northern coast of Somalia! WHAT? He's dating Margaret Thatcher? I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Tally-ho, old beans and birds, let's van winkle the ol' chummershag and collyswag the bol-taggert!

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 29, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vandal Savage doesn't care about the protagonists, just about defeating the dozens of other Vandal Savages that have traveled back in time to ensure they conquer Earth.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also, Ray Palmer is totally gonna die in the finale.

Aluminum-Man and his glitter-bomb weapons shall hardly be missed.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm waiting for the inevitable Vandal Savage meets Hitler episode and the gang trying to kill Hitler. You know it'll happen.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I want them to go back to the age of Piracy and have the gang be pirates. Rory could say something like, "Ah, it's the pirates life for me!" And I suppose Savage could be Blackbeard.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CobiWann posted:

I admit I do try not to sexualize Captain Cold.

That's your problem.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Warmachine posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable Vandal Savage meets Hitler episode and the gang trying to kill Hitler. You know it'll happen.

I hope they re-enact

https://i.imgur.com/DLB4PnN.mp4

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I want them to go back to the age of Piracy and have the gang be pirates. Rory could say something like, "Ah, it's the pirates life for me!" And I suppose Savage could be Blackbeard.

There are so many amazing ideas you can do with a show like this. :allears:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Sara is Annie. Nice and sweet looking, but has like 100 issues behind her normalcy.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

frgildan posted:

Snart is totally Jeff. He plays it all cool but really down deep cares about the team. Rip would be Chang at best.

Rip has the glorious Winger mane, though, which Snart sorely lacks

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

They should just pay BBC America to use that clip in an episode instead of recreating it. :allears:

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Xealot posted:

Only if it's 1860's Hawkman and he's super racist. With mutton chops and a serious, inappropriate bias against Jax.

And he has to be played by Thom Christopher.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Considering Alice Kingston is Sara's mom, I can't see why not just recreate that episode.

I was catching up with a friends Podcast, and his cohost was saying how much she was excited for Legends of tomorrow and the episode after its premier how dissapointed she was in it. Mostly because of the terrible Hawkman and how Vandal doesn't seem like a threat at all.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

twistedmentat posted:

Vandal doesn't seem like a threat at all.

The problem is the team is overpowered as all hell compared to any villain they could've used instead of Savage. The only real threat of the show is the team's weekly incompetence.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Krad posted:

The only real threat of the show is the team's weekly incompetence.

But drat if that isn't one powerful enemy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's basically sitcom scriptwriting. It's all crazy misunderstandings, miscommunication, and cleaning up their own messes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I totally missed that Flash and Arrow are on 3 week hiatus. Is Legends also on hiatus?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I totally missed that Flash and Arrow are on 3 week hiatus. Is Legends also on hiatus?

What the gently caress? Really? Didn't we just come out of mid-season breaks?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SalTheBard posted:

Nope, we get episodes this week and next week.

enraged_camel posted:

They did it with Supernatural as well, it's a pre-existing broadcast thing.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

gently caress this jay earth

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Krad posted:

The problem is the team is overpowered as all hell compared to any villain they could've used instead of Savage. The only real threat of the show is the team's weekly incompetence.

They're really served well by being forced to split up, or being forced to combat a large number of threats at once. Go full time traveling Justice League and bring the other part of the Rogues Gallery into play on Savage's side.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Strangely enough liking this show, but then I usually do enjoy the new shows and their first seasons (except for Supergirl's first ep), before the inevitable slowdown. They're putting a lot of effort into what is going on and I rarely feel the need to skip over parts like I do with Arrow or the Flash.

Edit: Also how do you defect to the soviets if you were never a part of a western nations agencies or armies?

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 2, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

enraged_camel posted:

Television is weird. CBS has no new Supergirl episodes until March 14th, while Gotham only just returned from mid-season break this past Monday night.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

enraged_camel posted:

gently caress this jay earth

No, that's Earth-2.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

ApeHawk posted:

No, that's Earth-2.

No, Earth-1 has a Jay, he just goes by a different name.

We're in the closeted universe. :tinfoil:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Stuck in the one place I can't light things on fire!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TIME PIRATES!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TIME PIRATES!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I LOL'd in a good way at "time pirates." Awesome.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Captain's Log...

Edit: Actually more like Sulu right now! Or Han Solo!

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 4, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ray's enthusiasm at everything is so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sooo many Star Wars references.

• Locked thread