Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Once you've seen them they never go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Beet Wagon posted:

I effortposted too hard and now I feel grief

New Jake Gyllenhaal real doll looking good.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

So do I just fly to a security post and hang around like a weirdo?

Until they implement the cool guy leaning on a wall taking long drags off marb reds and squinting into the distance animations, yeah, you gotta hang around like a weirdo with your gun backwards.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6113047/#Comment_6113047

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6114391/#Comment_6114391

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

My brain has trouble parsing Cpt B'tak posts.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Martout posted:

I've never read a single one all the way through, and at this point I see lion-on-blue I just keep on scrollin'.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Toops posted:

I've never read a single one all the way through, and at this point I see lion-on-blue I just keep on scrollin'.

:same:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i've literally seen an unironic defense of trammel

what the gently caress is up with today

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Thoatse posted:

Is SP the spiritual successor to Wing Commando?

Your spirit is just your brain telling itself it's special.

The Spirit of Wing Commander is just Christ Robbers telling himself he's worth a good God drat. He's not.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Eonwe posted:

That's on you.

You see lion-on-blue you just keep on scrollin' :slick:

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

So, a world where players aren't controlled by things like rules, but they can only do things I want them to do. Because...

I wonder if he's the sort of guy that would grief low level areas in pvp servers, then flip his poo poo when someone like me would build a literal campfire next to his corpse because I thought it was funnier.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Eonwe posted:

I'll admit that I wrote and deleted many things. I think I was triggered.

In all seriousness the risk/reward factor in UO was slated fairly heavily in favor of folks looking to make a murders but Trammel was hamfisted and lovely.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Martout posted:

You really just..... have to read between all the.... ellipses.

At least.... that's how I..... see it....

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
It's always a shock to see the end of the thread, and I have no cats to contribute. This is a sad time to be alive.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

tastychicken posted:

It's always a shock to see the end of the thread, and I have no cats to contribute. This is a sad time to be alive.

This is not the end of the thread. The thread is unfinite.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
Just like my tendency to do stupid poo poo.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I want this on a shirt:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

tastychicken posted:

this thread will only stop when star citizen is released

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

this thread will only stop when star citizen is released

only two more weeks

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

alf_pogs posted:

this thread will only stop truly begin when star citizen is released

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

alphabettitouretti posted:

He does have a face you can trust.

Roflmao. Looks like he had a stroke or he cam in his pants...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

The loving backwards hands...

So this is what CIG is basing their character rigs on...

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"

tastychicken posted:

Dont be - catte to the rescue

This is the catte that came before the mountain-rescue-catte
Showed up one day at the house and wouldnt go away

After getting fed once he expected to get fed again ofc and so the cycle continued
He was/is a bit stupid and now lives at my mothers home

For some reason he also cant meow louder than a whisper

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gotta give a presentation on a thing. I'll report back with how many "paaarps" I am able to sneak in before someone notices.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Idea:

We should get RPG maker and do an entire adventure...

You could be Derek Smart attacking the Evil toweRSIn, and you quickly rescue Beer, Pgabz and Ewone and they join your party.

Beer: Space Ork, throws truth and axes in your face

Pgabz: Commando, uses backward firing gun to inflict crits

Ewone: Wizard of Awes, uses earth, wind and PARP magic.

You would climb the tower, fighting off cultists, whales, and monstrous promises.

And the first level boss: Wulfknight! He shows you blurred out pictures on his phone for massive damage.

Whales spew sharp jpegs at you. Cultists attack with SICK BURN and REDDIT LOGIC.

Next level boss is Lethal Lando, then Butter Ben (who stabs at you with a pilgrim's cross), then San-DIE, the Harpy Demon. She uses the attacks BUTTHURT and SNOWFLAKE (a special attack)

Finally you get to a bridge over a hellish pit of burning money and furniture.... the bridge planks are made up of a backers in agony (who couldn't get refunds).

Chris starts waving his hands in random motions and uses COGNITIVE DISSONANCE and DREAMS, transforming the hellscape around you into a beautiful high fidelity meadow. But it's a trick... you fight your way out and find Chris ready to stab you through the heart but you avoid it, and then he casts STAR MARINE and it doesn't work... he casts PRIVATE SERVER to imprison you for 1,000,000,000,000 years but it doesn't work, he casts VR SUPPORT, but it fails as well, every time he stumbles and you slash at him, he tries attack after attack but they are all missing... finally you take him down and flee the toweRSIn as it all comes crumbling down.

Thoughts?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Bet none of you guys have experienced a sex minigame with a hotas

Why yes actually I

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

(that's not jammed up your rear end)

nm

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

Idea:

You could be Derek Smart attacking the Evil toweRSIn, and you quickly rescue Beer, Pgabz and Ewone and they join your party.

You would climb the tower, fighting off cultists, whales, and monstrous promises.

And the first level boss: Wulfknight! He shows you blurred out pictures on his phone for massive damage.

Whales spew sharp jpegs at you. Cultists attack with SICK BURN and REDDIT LOGIC.

Next level boss is Lethal Lando, then Butter Ben (who stabs at you with a pilgrim's cross), then San-DIE, the Harpy Demon. She uses the attacks BUTTHURT and SNOWFLAKE (a special attack)

Finally you get to a bridge over a hellish pit of burning money and furniture.... the bridge planks are made up of a backers in agony (who couldn't get refunds).

Chris starts waving his hands in random motions and uses COGNITIVE DISSONANCE and DREAMS, transforming the hellscape around you into a beautiful high fidelity meadow. But it's a trick... you fight your way out and find Chris ready to stab you through the heart but you avoid it, and then he casts STAR MARINE and it doesn't work... he casts PRIVATE SERVER to imprison you for 1,000,000,000,000 years but it doesn't work, he casts VR SUPPORT, but it fails as well, every time he stumbles and you slash at him, he tries attack after attack but they are all missing... finally you take him down and flee the toweRSIn as it all comes crumbling down.

Thoughts?

Someone with RPG maker get on this. Since the party is full I'd like to be an airhorn vendor in town please.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cixorez posted:

After getting fed once he expected to get fed again ofc and so the cycle continued

truly adorable. what a catte. what a great story about a catte. i love slightly dumb cats. i love cattes

life is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd play it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Someone with RPG maker get on this. Since the party is full I'd like to be an airhorn vendor in town please.

the fidelity for this game has to be through the ROOF

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This day in thread history!

This is from the mid 2014 thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730

Does anyone have links to the older threads?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cixorez posted:

thats adorable

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ZenMaster posted:

Idea:

Thoughts?

I like the idea, but the player should be a backer going through the stages of grief after he's banned for saying the word "Smart" in a forum post. Derek Smart could appear early on in the game as a savior figure, but only if you let him loving finish.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

This is from the mid 2014 thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730

I'm sad that we lost Bootcha in the divorce.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
There should be a cat that follows the party around and every time you switch areas it should be a different cat

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I hope there are plans for Space Plebian to include a ship called Fidelitous

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

D1E posted:

I'm sad that we lost Bootcha in the divorce.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Eonwe posted:

i legitimately hate that picture because every since it was pointed out to me I feel like I'm looking at a lovecraftian horror with backwards hands

http://i.imgur.com/FlVVfYE.gifv

Why? I like the fat hands... Makes me hungry...lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like the idea, but the player should be a backer going through the stages of grief after he's banned for saying the word "Smart" in a forum post. Derek Smart could appear early on in the game as a savior figure, but only if you let him loving finish.

Beer, that sounds suspiciously like a game development roadmap ...

do you even understand game development?

:D

• Locked thread