Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

‘I’m Trump All The Way,’ Says Man Who Will Die From Mishandling Fireworks Months Before Election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
All The Best GIFs Of Chris Rock Taking On Racism To The Delight Of Laughing White People

This finally justifies StarWipe's existence.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Oscars Addresses Diversity And Consent In Tough Night For lovely Dudes On The Internet

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

They've actually done a handful of good articles.

It's a really different voice than The Onion or Clickhole, it's like a really naïve tabloid and sometimes they're amazing:

http://www.starwipe.com/article/rudy-giuliani-slams-beyonce-attack-cops-not-dying--1988

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

There's just so much really great stuff in this, but personally I just love the little bits of changed language from the newscasters.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Human Triumph: We Put A Video Of A Cheetah Next To A Sped-Up Video Of A Man Sprinting To See Who Would Win In A Race

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
http://www.theonion.com/article/elderly-dog-can-already-tell-owner-doesnt-think-sh-36135

Get hosed, Sad Kevin.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

That's just mean. :(

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I love this one so, so much.

While the rest of the geese have been incredibly hostile towards me, Goose Of Reason has shown me some basic decency.

Also, gently caress you, Sad Kevin.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Smiling Nation Takes Moment To Enjoy Thought Of What RNC Headquarters Like Right Now

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ted Cruz Skyrockets In Polls After Head Permanently Sealed Within Iron Mask

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love the currrent election articles, due to all the personalities they gave the candidates.
Hillary is the ruthless conqerer, riding on war elephants and not understanding emotions.
Jeb! is the beleagured candidate barely scraping by.

I really like this article: http://www.theonion.com/article/gop-statisticians-develop-new-branch-math-formulat-52463
The idea that the GOP is inventing new math to try and predict a future where Trump is not their presidental candidate.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I found this scrolling down from that: http://www.theonion.com/article/sanders-campaign-headquarters-smashed-gang-pinkert-52465
I don't think they often do non-stock photos/ photoshops and it looks like the staff had a blast for this scene:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I guess pushing out shameless hillary propaganda wasn't working out to well for whoever bought the onion

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I really hope you were being sarcastic there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao at the last one, caught me off-guard

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I really hope you were being sarcastic there.

that was probably a poor choice of words, I'm sure it's working out fine for them in all respects except for getting a minor net gain from the onion

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

You’re Adam, The First Man! Can You Eat The Right Fruit And Overthrow God?
If there's a way I couldn't find it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

It's not the apple is it

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Snapchat A Titty posted:

It's not the apple is it

I thought it was pretty straightforward.

Edit:

Use seeds as a distraction and then throw them, then eat the fruit

Dr. Arbitrary has a new favorite as of 04:45 on Mar 5, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Yeah but the it ended like the bible usually says it does. I didn't overthrow god at all.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Krinkle posted:

Yeah but the it ended like the bible usually says it does. I didn't overthrow god at all.

Oh, yeah I guess. But evel knievel wins in the end

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Lost it at "Oh Jesus, not this poo poo again."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tetracube posted:

I guess pushing out shameless hillary propaganda wasn't working out to well for whoever bought the onion
Univision, which is co-owned and chaired by top Hilary Clinton donor Haim Saban, buys The Onion on January 19th. Here are the Hillary Clinton headlines since then:

January 29th: Retreating Clinton Campaign Torches Iowa Town To Slow Advance Of Sanders Volunteers
January 31st: Clinton Ominously Tells Iowan Supporters To Mark Front Doors With Campaign Logo Before Sundown
February 8th: New Hampshire Covered In Shadow As Floating Clinton Campaign Headquarters Takes Up Position Over State
February 12th: Clinton Aide Told To Leave Behind Weak Volunteer Who Collapsed During March To South Carolina
February 16th: Female Presidential Candidate Who Was United States Senator, Secretary Of State Told To Be More Inspiring
February 20th: Clinton Credits Nevada Victory To Inescapable, Pitch-Black Tide Of Fate
March 1: Clinton Tosses Unpledged Superdelegate In Trunk Of Car
March 1: Hillary Clinton Issues Single-Word Victory Speech Following Super Tuesday Results ‘Satisfactory,’ Says Candidate

Tell me more about how The Onion is being censored and having its integrity ruined, and how you and everyone else who bitched about that one article aren't the exactly the kind of intolerable conspiracy-minded morons who think that anybody saying anything you personally disagree with is bought and owned by people you demonize, and how any objective evidence to the contrary is all part of a misdirect by the people who are really in charge, maaaaaaan.

SpiderHyphenMan has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Mar 7, 2016

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I thought the point was that they're relentlessly pushing her as the correct and inevitable choice while providing little comparative coverage of Bernie. :confused:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

jojoinnit posted:

I thought the point was that they're relentlessly pushing her as the correct and inevitable choice while providing little comparative coverage of Bernie. :confused:

Funny that you say that...
Bloated, Rotund Bernie Sanders Reveals He Has Finished Drinking All Of Flint’s Water Supply

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Maybe they're writing stories about the grim inevitability of HIllary Clinton as a reflection of the dictates coming down from on high? :haw:

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

jojoinnit posted:

Coverage? It's the loving Onion.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Edmund Lava posted:

Coverage? It's the loving Onion.

Dumb coverage is coverage. When Hillary has 20 articles on the theme of "crusading empress" and Bernie gets one where "he drank all the toxic water" that's the onion providing oniony coverage.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:gonk:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

jesus loving christ everything about mick jagger in that panel

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

(FOXY LADY)

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Mick's demotion is the best Stones song title pun I've ever seen.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Someone, somewhere is furiously masturbating to this article.

I've spent too long in the PYF Weird Fanart thread, help.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
God drat the Onion Facebook comments are so goddamned annoying.

Not everything is a conspiracy to shut down Bernie Sanders.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the idea that Kelly considers Mick Jagger a flash-in-the-pan :xd:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

eight times I've had to buy back my own prosthetic arm at an estate sale

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
We Regret To Inform You That It Is Jafar

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

https://youtu.be/byDiILrNbM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

When This Boy With A Colostomy Bag Said He Was Sad There Were No Superheroes Like Him, Marvel Told Him It’s Absolutely Crucial For Superheroes To Have A Functioning Anus