Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Ghost heat would be slightly more tolerable if you didn't have to use an autohotkey script to fire groups of weapons in sequence, because the choice of either "everything fires one after another with a .5 second delay" or "either fire everything or manage an increasing number of buttons to fire weapon groups" sucks, and the whole having to click multiple buttons is one of the major reasons people boat weapons, behind optimizing ranges, cycle times and the like. I don't understand why they don't create an incentive to fit and use multiple weapons via fitting or damage bonuses, rather than attempting to penalize people for not playing they way they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
while we're all very optimistic about the game, here is the phoenix hawk:

https://mwomercs.com/phoenix-hawk

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Pattonesque posted:

while we're all very optimistic about the game, here is the phoenix hawk:

https://mwomercs.com/phoenix-hawk

NO BOATING LOTS OF THE SAME WEAPON ARRGH!!! (releases another mech with 8 energy hardpoints)

Looks like IS will have a good mech with ECM finally though.

It's going to look really retarded holding that gun at waist height. It will be a great poptart mech when russ nerfs brawling again!

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 2, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Washout posted:

NO BOATING LOTS OF THE SAME WEAPON ARRGH!!! (releases another mech with 8 energy hardpoints)

Also it's gonna be pretty drat fast with that max engine cap

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Washout posted:

Griffin 2N already exists.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Washout posted:

It's going to look really retarded holding that gun at waist height.

The Atlas D-DC and Griffin 2N exist though :confused:

Bolow fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 2, 2016

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
So, does it transform into a jet or what?

Also, can we just stop a second? I just want us to all take a deep breath and maybe, you know, just be really present for a second, just really mindful and appreciate that the past two pages have had a lot of posts, okay? And some of them were bad and some of them were good. Like, some of them were really bad, but that's OK. Mine were pretty good. And I just wanted to point that out before we just tear off again.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I can't believe I'm actually going to do something that isn't shitposting in this thread but a lot of you have gone way off the deep end and are unironically begging them to remove the ability to aim in an FPS game so here's a good article from years ago that probably would fix tons of problems in this shitheap of a game and is likely still relevant:

https://www.themittani.com/features/mwo-suggestions-good-bad-and-ugly

Enjoy Ghost Heat 2.0, whatever it is it's going to be amazing(ly bad), and boy I hope those of you still stupid enough to spend money on this game feel the value now :allears:.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Bolow posted:

The Atlas D-DC and Griffin exist though :confused:

Both brawlers tho. This one looks to be either a brawler or a sniper.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tujague posted:

So, does it transform into a jet or what?

Also, can we just stop a second? I just want us to all take a deep breath and maybe, you know, just be really present for a second, just really mindful and appreciate that the past two pages have had a lot of posts, okay? And some of them were bad and some of them were good. Like, some of them were really bad, but that's OK. Mine were pretty good. And I just wanted to point that out before we just tear off again.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

That mech looks fun

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Curvy Goonette posted:

wow good for you, you want an award?

I would say yes, but I get the feeling you're taking this seriously.

Drythe posted:

Your mom had a come-back last night

Super 3 posted:

I bet his mom wants an award.

:saddowns:

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Kazvall posted:

Who in the gently caress cares what some people who are TERRIBLE at their own game, think that they should do? gently caress, they do. gently caress.

This game is balanced by 2 terrible players deciding that when they lose it's the game's fault and that's how this game has been balanced since launch. They are too retarded to learn from their mistakes.

Anyway, please pay 85 dollars for this single energy boat mech that we're publicly stating we want to neuter.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Bolow posted:

Uh everyone deathballed with Brawesomes and Lunchbacks almost throughout the entirety of the closed beta, Alpha strikes were absolutely king. DHS weren't even around when that was a thing.

You're longing for the halcyon days of something that never existed except maybe the first tentative weeks of the closed beta when no one had a goddamn clue

everyone? that's some hyperbole. maybe only the very few units who knew a thing or two at the time and demanded you run a spec-op build at all times did so, who of course steamrolled the pubbie queue consistently with 8-man squads. players still refuse to deathball four years later, so i fail to see how everyone knew how to deathball in the very early days of the closed beta, let alone build a solid mech.

but please, do yourself a favor and load up a stock mech with SHS in the training ground and see how often you can alpha, even after its recent buffs. TTK was significantly higher during this time and heat management was something you consistently fought with, period.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Bolow posted:

Uh everyone deathballed with Brawesomes and Lunchbacks almost throughout the entirety of the closed beta, Alpha strikes were absolutely king. DHS weren't even around when that was a thing.

You're longing for the halcyon days of something that never existed except maybe the first tentative weeks of the closed beta when no one had a goddamn clue

Yeah, my memories of closed beta are of 400XL mawesomes dickpunching people with SRMs, 4 missile slot hunchbacks dickpunching everyone with SRMs, AMS making the game crash, dead Atlases making the game crash, the matchmaker not necessarily putting groups on the same team, repair and rearm costs (lol) and being able to launch without an engine.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

teepo posted:

everyone? that's some hyperbole. maybe only the very few units who knew a thing or two at the time and demanded you run a spec-op build at all times did so, who of course steamrolled the pubbie queue consistently with 8-man squads. players still refuse to deathball four years later, so i fail to see how everyone knew how to deathball in the very early days of the closed beta, let alone build a solid mech.

but please, do yourself a favor and load up a stock mech with SHS in the training ground and see how often you can alpha, even after its recent buffs. TTK was significantly higher during this time and heat management was something you consistently fought with, period.

Who cares what lovely players do? People don't deathball now and run LRMs but they're irrelevant. People would shove loads of small lasers and SRMs into XL mechs and run around alphaing. The game has always been about running alpha heavy builds. Whether it was the early high speed huge XL brawl mechs, the poptart snipers, gauss builds and now lasers the builds have never been alpha based.

The laser freakout is really overblown and it happened because they nerfed both PPCs and autocannons hard to deal with the poptart poo poo and then never improved them after that even though they put in enough poo poo to ruin pure poptarts. There are actually a lot of SRM brawlers and IS laser boats are ranged around 400-500 meters now. If they want more varied builds they need to make ballistics and PPCs better and make the lighter ballistics worth using if they want to see anything other than laser boats below 55 tons.

I'm still getting my mind blown over $85 for a single chassis when it was $80 for 4 different ones like 6 months ago. PGI probably realizes the same people will buy no matter and no one else will buy anyway.

Sputty fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 2, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Christ, a max engine phoenix hawk will just be a shade slower than an Arctic Cheetah.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kinda want a Phoenix Hawk more than a kodiak

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
gently caress it, just make every mech run at the speed cap, why not. This lovely game has hosed up every other balance metric.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

WarLocke posted:

gently caress it, just make every mech run at the speed cap, why not. This lovely game has hosed up every other balance metric.

In PGI's defense, speed and maneuverability is kind of the the PHX's thing.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
yes people, give PGI more money just like all the idiots did with the Rifleman. Or, alternatively, have some restraint and wait for them to be available for C-Bills.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The reason old players here are dreading this is because Russ and gang are pretty drat incompetent when it comes to changing things. Time and time again they put something in with NO TESTING. Russ even admitted it during the last town hall. PGI in general has lost every ounce of goodwill players had for them. Players can point to out a dumb amount of stupid decisions that Russ has made. I honestly don't know how he still has a job. He is that incompetent.

Saying it might not be a bad change is like wondering if sticking your tongue in a light socket is going to electrocute you this time.

Zyntherius
Jul 25, 2014

As soon as my contract is up.

Could i request to join Lowtax Ign: Zyntherius

yes i am a terrible player.. I mostly use gimmicky builds and i only have about .. hmm 20 mechs

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
What's the loving complaint with the 85 dollar package? 8 mechs, 60 days of premium, 3 each of hanging, mounted, standing cockpit items, all the pre-order bonuses. Seems like a fair deal for those who still like the game and plan on giving PGI more money.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Raged posted:

The reason old players here are dreading this is because Russ and gang are pretty drat incompetent when it comes to changing things. Time and time again they put something in with NO TESTING. Russ even admitted it during the last town hall. PGI in general has lost every ounce of goodwill players had for them. Players can point to out a dumb amount of stupid decisions that Russ has made. I honestly don't know how he still has a job. He is that incompetent.

Saying it might not be a bad change is like wondering if sticking your tongue in a light socket is going to electrocute you this time.

Remember like a month ago when they thought that tying laser range to locking was a good idea? Those are the minds that are creating a new ghost heat.

Stringbean posted:

What's the loving complaint with the 85 dollar package? 8 mechs, 60 days of premium, 3 each of hanging, mounted, standing cockpit items, all the pre-order bonuses. Seems like a fair deal for those who still like the game and plan on giving PGI more money.

You'd be crazy not to buy it! You're throwing away money if you don't preorder for those modules.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
If I want the Crescent Hawk colors I have to give them 40 buxx?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

edit:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 3, 2016

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Anita Dickinme posted:

This is probably the most man-childish come-back I have ever seen on the internet.

Short of a twelve-year-old claiming to have hosed my mom, of course.

yeah he really should have more respect for the retard talking about making this arena shooter more like a sim

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

In PGI's defense, speed and maneuverability is kind of the the PHX's thing.

... In a game where 64kph was faster than nearly every mech of its weight or more.

When you have Awesomes doing 80kph+ what the gently caress is a PHX supposed to do

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

WarLocke posted:

... In a game where 64kph was faster than nearly every mech of its weight or more.

When you have Awesomes doing 80kph+ what the gently caress is a PHX supposed to do

Don't forget that the cicada is only 5 tons lighter than a phoenix hawk, and the TR-1 Wraith is totally a thing at 55 tons.

wait.. how the hell do you get an Awesome going 80 kph? Other than the Pretty Babby, I guess, but do those really count?

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 3, 2016

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ghost heat 2.0 is going to be the dumbest poo poo, and it's all because Russ likes to try and facetank 2 Drunk Dads while playing in a awesome and then whining when he gets instakilled.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Don't forget that the cicada is only 5 tons lighter than a phoenix hawk, and the TR-1 Wraith is totally a thing at 55 tons.

WarLocke posted:

I don't know why I'm still bitching, :pgi: will never stop doubling down on their bad decisions, but trying to turn MWO into a lovely glorified FPS is all they're interested in.

At this point I'm more interested in modding XCOM2 with BT assets while waiting for the actual good BT game to get finished.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Well, has anyone played Hawken?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Christ, a max engine phoenix hawk will just be a shade slower than an Arctic Cheetah.

It'll be a Blackjack with shittier hard points. The only variant that doesn't look like complete rear end is the ECM one.

Also lol ballistics on a 45 ton mech

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tujague posted:

A much better game killed by equally stupid devs.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Bolow posted:

It'll be a Blackjack with shittier hard points. The only variant that doesn't look like complete rear end is the ECM one.

Could comfortably run an Ultra-AC/5 & some lasers at 45 tons.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
So glad I haven't spent money on this game in years

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Tujague posted:

I keep hearing that it's also terrible and even more grindy because you have to grind like mad for weapons too.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Ya'll are some salty fuckers. Game is fun. Probably still fun after ghost heat 2.0.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Bolow posted:

Uhhh it will be an ECM jumpjet medium that goes over 120kph, going to be pretty good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Washout posted:

Uhhh it will be an ECM jumpjet medium that goes over 120kph, going to be pretty good man.

Jumpjets aren't holding the ECM Cicada back from being a good mech though

• Locked thread