Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh wait, just went onto the forums with chrome and it looks like someone bought me a new avatar, disregard that second part :v: Hope it was money well spent, whoever you are!

edit: Okay now I'm back on my desktop and my usual avatar is showing again, I have no idea what's going on

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Updated to 9.3 beta 5 on my 5s, no problems with the app.

e: but why are all of the smilies after nexus duplicated?

and then I got it to duplicate again but I'm not sure exactly how

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 2, 2016

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

anthonypants posted:

Updated to 9.3 beta 5 on my 5s, no problems with the app.

Shut off tech cell signal mode nerd

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

We getting tweets or nah

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

We getting tweets or nah

I might have some time Friday, we'll see. Embedded media will suck, I expect.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I look forward to the future of a Twitter html change breaking the app out of the blue.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Just going from experiences using other forum systems embedded tweets on mobile are usually laggy and done poorly.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
they'll fit right in then!!!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I'm entertaining the notion of scraping, because I hate myself.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Personally I'm just super glad that even the inapp browser thing can actually open tweets with pictures and videos correctly. I'm lookin at you, Alien Blue :arghfist:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Posting images is broken. Have been for months on my end.

(Code -1, tried to upload too fast!)

People need to see my dumb pictures and I am too lazy to go through Imgur on my own.

Hyperlinks also act up sometimes, I'm able to get them to open in the non-default browser which is better than nothing.

Sorry if this is just repeating stuff you guys are already aware of.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a way to see an emotes :emote: code without having to fully quote the post l?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Not currently.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
9.11 is crashing for me every time I try to open or close the subforums list for any forum.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DACK FAYDEN posted:

9.11 is crashing for me every time I try to open or close the subforums list for any forum.

That's not the only thing that crashes in 9.11

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
:drat:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

We don't catch the form of YouTube URL in this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766598&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post457021918

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Wow, triggered.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
I can't be the only person still wishing to put people on ignore through the app right? Please please please I read the election threads for chrissakes I have a BURNING need to ignore a new idiot on every page.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Okonner posted:

I read the election threads
Found your problem

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Is it just me for whom clicked links result in a blank, white page - but when I click the safari icon they load straight up in the real browser?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Is it just me for whom clicked links result in a blank, white page - but when I click the safari icon they load straight up in the real browser?

That usually means your phone is haunted, maybe talk to a priest?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pissflaps posted:

This is prolly an apple fuckup tbh

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Has anyone ever suggested a quick search bar on the bookmarks page? That page is pretty much how I read the forums and scanning the whole list to find a particular thread is slightly more work than my lazy rear end would like.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The header on the web modal is a bit wonky when a call banner is displayed.

It sure is! I'm pretty sure there's not much we'll be able to do about it (the web modal is entirely handled by iOS, Awful just points it at a URL) but I'll stick it on the list just in case.

anthonypants posted:

I've seen this too. Haven't given much love to the smiley keyboard in ages, maybe it's time to dive back in there.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What?

Is that openable in YouTube.app?

smackfu posted:

Has anyone ever suggested a quick search bar on the bookmarks page? That page is pretty much how I read the forums and scanning the whole list to find a particular thread is slightly more work than my lazy rear end would like.

I think you're the first! Congrats!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pokeyman posted:

Is that openable in YouTube.app?

Yeah, the Safari WebView offers and then the app goes to the right place.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Subjunctive posted:

Awful.app is basically why I removed the youtube app from my iPad

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Subjunctive posted:

I was worried about whether the YouTube app's URL scheme would handle it, and mapping between the [url]http://[/url] and youtube:// URLs, but it just occurred to me that YouTube.app traps the [url]http://[/url] URL anyway.

Then I see this:

UIApplication posted:

Awful.app is basically why I removed the youtube app from my iPad
and I don't mind being a force for good in the world.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pokeyman posted:

I was worried about whether the YouTube app's URL scheme would handle it, and mapping between the [url]http://[/url] and youtube:// URLs, but it just occurred to me that YouTube.app traps the [url]http://[/url] URL anyway.

Then I see this:

and I don't mind being a force for good in the world.

Yeah by that i meant the safariview is annoying as piss, if you choose not to open in youtube it just sits there instead of loading the site

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

I might have some time Friday, we'll see. Embedded media will suck, I expect.

I will PayPal you American dollars for tweets

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

It's been happening to me too for the last couple of days! Pokeyman ?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I don't have that issue but some links still refuse to be pressed. I specifically notice it with Twitter links. They always have to be held on and opened in safari. But maybe that could be the new embed thing loving with Awful?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Would someone who's been attempting the twitter embedding mind branching and committing what they have? I'm seeing more requests for the feature and it would probably help us get it out faster with more people to look at it and try to get it working well.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I'm here to fix the link bug.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

carry on then posted:

Would someone who's been attempting the twitter embedding mind branching and committing what they have? I'm seeing more requests for the feature and it would probably help us get it out faster with more people to look at it and try to get it working well.

Consider this another feature request for this. Some of the political threads are nearly-impossible to read now without embedded tweets.

Thanks for all the hard work!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I retract my offer.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

Consider this another feature request for this. Some of the political threads are nearly-impossible to read now

I don't think adding tweets is going to help there

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
App is now becoming completely unresponsive to button controls in the table/scrollview. Links are unresponsive (different than the "scroll down 1pt" bug on links - its not even doing that, and long touches dont launch the actionsheet) as are the ... buttons for mark read, etc.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

UIApplication posted:

App is now becoming completely unresponsive to button controls in the table/scrollview. Links are unresponsive (different than the "scroll down 1pt" bug on links - its not even doing that, and long touches dont launch the actionsheet) as are the ... buttons for mark read, etc.

This is from a SafariViewController bug. It happens if you swipe to close a web view too quickly. It won't happen if you tap the Done button or just swipe the web view more slowly. The issue is fixed in the iOS 9.3 betas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Diabolik900 posted:

This is from a SafariViewController bug. It happens if you swipe to close a web view too quickly. It won't happen if you tap the Done button or just swipe the web view more slowly. The issue is fixed in the iOS 9.3 betas.

Sweet, gracias

• Locked thread