Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

Oh my God where are you finding this millennial gold?

Apparently you can just click on any random indiegogo.

Like this one

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ferrofluid-a-symbol-of-the-future#/

"Magnetic liquid is this really strange thing that my previous understanding of science led me to believe wasn't possible. But then there it is right there in front of me, daring me to question those assumptions that previously led me to doubt its possibilities. And to me, that's powerful."

I actually want one of those on my desk though tbh..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Furia posted:

I like making documentaries.

The effects of gentrification in zones with largely immigrant habitants in developed nations? gently caress no. I want to make a documentary about me

Me me meeeeeeeeeeeeee

most documentary film majors go into reality television production nowadays since it's booming and the skills are exactly the same

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

most documentary film majors go into reality television production nowadays since it's booming and the skills are exactly the same

I don't doubt that. And I can see how that might be the case.

But this girl is a teenager about to enter the college admission process who wants to make a documentary film about teenagers entering the college admission process.

I mean, I know artists carry their voice into their projects but come the gently caress on. You wanna post some videos on facebook about yourself and how you're doing in your things do so. You don't need to justify it with a documentary

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

Oh my God where are you finding this millennial gold?

I cherrypicked most of the good ones imo, but here http://ymadult.tumblr.com/

fullsized this one for everyone to gaze at his beautiful neck moss. Like gently caress, his neck is the width of his face.

David, 25, Baker/Massage Therapist

Used cars salesman: they’re trying to sell a depreciated item and make it seem like it’s really great. Then when they sell it to the person they’re like ‘no refunds, sorry,’ it breaks down two weeks later and it’s not their fault–the person was the one who decided to buy it. I feel that’s so much of how our world operates between people that don’t know each other, as the basis of our economies.

Hadley, 23, Non-Profit Communications Director

I always hated people who’d say, “Oh yeah, man I’m just going to graduate and I’m just going to travel and I’m just going to go around the country and sleep on people’s couches.” I feel like you’re always taking advantage of somebody in some way when you do that…I would know people who would say, “Why don’t you just let go and go out of town?”

It’s because I need to eat food and pay for my student loans.

Mike, 25, Nonprofit Coordinator

I go back and forth on how worthwhile the college experience was. My younger brother does maintenance on buses right now loan-free making exactly what I make in a union and he’s going to be making a lot more than I make in 10 years…He works pretty lovely hours, he has to work overnights a lot and he’s the low guy on the totem pole but he definitely has a trajectory in his career that I don’t have.

Ana, 25, Barista/Freelance Writer

I think it’s been kind of paralyzing because my parents are Russian immigrants and everything you would expect to go along with that so they’re always telling me to apply for any and every single job…well I don’t want to work answering phones at an oil company for 15 an hour in a small town in Illinois. I want to travel more or have personal projects. I always feel pulled in two directions at once and as a result I haven’t done that much in either.

I think their vision for me is dead, dude. I’ve been systematically killing it off for years with a lot of effort because their ideal vision for me is someone in a nice stable well-paying STEM job like a computer programmer or something like that. My dad just thinks that I’m wasting my life…

Okey doke, done with my semi spam of them. Too bad the blog isn't updated any more.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wedemeyer posted:

I think it’s been kind of paralyzing because my parents are Russian immigrants and everything you would expect to go along with that so they’re always telling me to apply for any and every single job…well I don’t want to work answering phones at an oil company for 15 an hour in a small town in Illinois. I want to travel more or have personal projects. I always feel pulled in two directions at once and as a result I haven’t done that much in either.

I think their vision for me is dead, dude. I’ve been systematically killing it off for years with a lot of effort because their ideal vision for me is someone in a nice stable well-paying STEM job like a computer programmer or something like that. My dad just thinks that I’m wasting my life…
you are, you dumb loving idiot

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Wedemeyer posted:

D.S. Kinsel, 29, is a native Pittsburgh artist
What advice would you give to millennials who are struggling?
Welcome to the real world. Welcome to real America.
So no sympathy?
gently caress no. gently caress no. No. Welcome to real America.
So what part of the term “millennial” do you buy into or don’t you buy into?
I mean I know it’s bad out here, but it’s been bad out here. But you can get it so many different ways now. And there’s money specifically for who you are, like you can justify someone funding you for support for who you are and that’s beautiful. Ask your grandmother about a grant. Ask your grandmother about a small business loan or about an incubator program or an investor. Come on man, for real.

So instead of trying to bring some small amount of light and warmth in this cold, unfeeling world, he decides to join the ranks of unsympathetic assholes that poo poo on everything.

Way to make a difference, you 'starving artist.'

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

So instead of trying to bring some small amount of light and warmth in this cold, unfeeling world, he decides to join the ranks of unsympathetic assholes that poo poo on everything.

he would love this thread

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wicker Man posted:

this entire thread is a community of unsympathetic assholes that poo poo on everything, in case you haven't noticed

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Wicker Man posted:

Way to make a difference, you 'starving artist.'

His art sucks. It's like he saw a Jasper Johns piece and was like OH YEAH!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Working for a nonprofit is just code for having a part time job at Sears

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

symbolic posted:

this entire thread is a community of unsympathetic assholes that poo poo on everything, in case you haven't noticed

Ya but we do it to make some laughs. There's no facade with him.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

symbolic posted:

this entire forum is a community of unsympathetic assholes that poo poo on everything, in case you haven't noticed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wicker Man posted:

Ya but we do it to make some laughs. There's no facade with him.
i'm fairly certain several people in this thread just use here to vent about how much they hate everyone under the age of 35, hilarity absent

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Wedemeyer posted:

So no sympathy?
I mean I know it’s bad out here, but it’s been bad out here. But you can get it so many different ways now. And there’s money specifically for who you are, like you can justify someone funding you for support for who you are and that’s beautiful. Ask your grandmother about a grant. Ask your grandmother about a small business loan or about an incubator program or an investor. Come on man, for real.

This guy is like the least millennial millennial

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Man Whore posted:

he's an abstract artist that looks like he lives in poverty, he's still pretty millennial

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

If I am a millennial who is super millennial, do I have the generational equivalent of N-word privileges?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

symbolic posted:

he's an abstract artist that looks like he lives in poverty, he's still pretty millennial

I don't understand that poo poo about asking his grandmother for money? We don't all have rich grandmothers to mooch off of?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

I don't understand that poo poo about asking his grandmother for money? We don't all have rich grandmothers to mooch off of?

He's saying your grandmother ought to be able to tell your dumb rear end about how finances work

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

nomadologique posted:

microwaves have clocks. so do most ovens.

I turn my microwave off at the outlet when I'm not using it (something my dad from THE GREATEST GENERATION instilled in me, likely through beatings which I have repressed), and my oven does not have a clock :shobon:

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

symbolic posted:

the entire internet is a community of unsympathetic assholes that poo poo on everything, in case you haven't noticed

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

He's saying your grandmother ought to be able to tell your dumb rear end about how finances work

Why is he dumping poo poo onto my grandmother - just to deflect attention from the fact he has no answers but only acts smart?

Outragess

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

Why is he dumping poo poo onto my grandmother - just to deflect attention from the fact he has no answers but only acts smart?

Outragess

elders have wisdom and since they are frail and can no longer hunt elk their remaining purpose is to pass down knowledge to the younger generation. come on man this is basic tribal custom

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheMostFrench posted:

I turn my microwave off at the outlet when I'm not using it (something my dad from THE GREATEST GENERATION instilled in me, likely through beatings which I have repressed), and my oven does not have a clock :shobon:

Mine is a built in how do I do this 4 times a day.? I'm gonna die

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Wedemeyer posted:

I always hated people who’d say, “Oh yeah, man I’m just going to graduate and I’m just going to travel and I’m just going to go around the country and sleep on people’s couches.” I feel like you’re always taking advantage of somebody in some way when you do that…I would know people who would say, “Why don’t you just let go and go out of town?”

This one seems very un-millenial as well, other than working for a non-profit. I was gonna make fun of her shabby looking room, but it seems like she has her poo poo together.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wedemeyer posted:

Dighan, 16
I have friends around the world and that’s my favorite thing because it lets me know that there’s love everywhere. I realize that I’m really lucky because I don’t have to write a letter and wait ten months to hear back from them. I have people texting me now from around the world, and that’s amazing. I think being a millennial is about being with it, with technology and with the world, and trying to be as in it as possible and I think I find that in myself by surrounding myself with people who inspire me from everywhere.

McGarrah, 17
I like making videos. I think they’re a lot of fun. I’m trying to make a documentary right now about teenagers and growing up and the college process. I think growing up is very interesting…you get hardened when you grow up and a lot of times it’s a bad thing and innocence is bliss, and I identify with that…I think I’m trying not to grow up because that scares me.

So no sympathy?

Paul, 28, Marketing Coordinator
Well I guess I can tell you: I initially started doing drag and there was a part of me that ventured into potentially trans territory. I still day to day just go out presenting as male but there’s a concerned side of me that wonders if there’s something more than that and there is an intense gender fluidity that I have and that causes a lot of distress internally, especially with work. For anyone who is trans, the statistical likelihood of having difficulties with employment grows. Taking on that risk for me is horrifying.

Just wanted to thank you for this.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JB50 posted:

This one seems very un-millenial as well, other than working for a non-profit. I was gonna make fun of her shabby looking room, but it seems like she has her poo poo together.

What does a non profit Twitter and fb expert make at 22? Also it's her moms basement.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Darth123123 posted:

What does a non profit Twitter and fb expert make at 22? Also it's her moms basement.

basements don't usually have windows with multi-story buildings outside them

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Darth123123 posted:

How the gently caress would I know? How do you know its her moms basement?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Man Whore posted:

basements don't usually have windows with multi-story buildings outside them
you're ruining the circlejerk!!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Man Whore posted:

His spirit is Gen-X as gently caress!

The League of Legends espoarts thing in the China thread probably needs to be in this thread.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Danny LaFever posted:

The League of Legends espoarts thing in the China thread probably needs to be in this thread.
the only good esport is Counter-Strike because guns

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

symbolic posted:

i'm fairly certain several people in this thread just use here to vent about how much they hate everyone under the age of 35, hilarity absent

Under 35, can confirm I hate myself

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

For a few years in early school I was really worried that I wasn't being taught enough technology stuff to make it in the new modern world of the upcoming Internet

I was honestly scared that everybody would know how to program because it was going to a basic skill like the alphabet and I'd be left behind

I wasn't worried my younger colleagues wouldn't know how to read a loving analog clock, but here we are

Good stuff, millies(that's my endearing term for Millenials)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JB50 posted:

How the gently caress would I know? How do you know its her moms basement?

Your right. I should be appreciative of her posted public image of the (first floor) hovel an d give her an atta boy and a medal for every adult has gone through. Non TO.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Don Tacorleone posted:

For a few years in early school I was really worried that I wasn't being taught enough technology stuff to make it in the new modern world of the upcoming Internet

I was honestly scared that everybody would know how to program because it was going to a basic skill like the alphabet and I'd be left behind

I wasn't worried my younger colleagues wouldn't know how to read a loving analog clock, but here we are

Good stuff, millies(that's my endearing term for Millenials)

We're u left behind conquistador? Please say no.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Darth123123 posted:

Your right. I should be appreciative of her posted public image of the (first floor) hovel an d give her an atta boy and a medal for every adult has gone through. Non TO.

its 2nd floor at least unless you are a brit-bong

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wedemeyer posted:

I cherrypicked most of the good ones imo, but here http://ymadult.tumblr.com/

fullsized this one for everyone to gaze at his beautiful neck moss. Like gently caress, his neck is the width of his face.

David, 25, Baker/Massage Therapist

Used cars salesman: they’re trying to sell a depreciated item and make it seem like it’s really great. Then when they sell it to the person they’re like ‘no refunds, sorry,’ it breaks down two weeks later and it’s not their fault–the person was the one who decided to buy it. I feel that’s so much of how our world operates between people that don’t know each other, as the basis of our economies.

Mike, 25, Nonprofit Coordinator

I go back and forth on how worthwhile the college experience was. My younger brother does maintenance on buses right now loan-free making exactly what I make in a union and he’s going to be making a lot more than I make in 10 years…He works pretty lovely hours, he has to work overnights a lot and he’s the low guy on the totem pole but he definitely has a trajectory in his career that I don’t have.

Okey doke, done with my semi spam of them. Too bad the blog isn't updated any more.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

JB50 posted:

I just wanted a bit of variety and not just idiotbitches.

Darth123123 posted:

Just wanted to thank you for this.

You're welcome :) Anything other than height chat or clock poo poo.

I too communicate in reaction images my fellow millie [millieniumian]

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Analog clocks? Well get this I have it on good information that most millebials have never even touched a slide rule or reusable condom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dorkopotamis posted:

For a thread about JPGs this thread contains very few JPGs.

brown, millennial, and gay (the tie) in a suit way to go jpg

subhuman filth posted:

Analog clocks? Well get this I have it on good information that most millebials have never even touched a slide rule or reusable condom

do millennials even get jokes about elaines diaphragm on seinfeld I don't think peoplpe use diaphragms any more, dumb millennials!

• Locked thread