Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Given the implications...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Mac prefers the fire and brimstone church.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just straight orange juice? Like the mixer?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Who's the other one?

Edit: This is gonna get uncomfortable

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 3, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Oh the lust.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh God Dennis is gonna kill this girl.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Well, I'm gay.

E:lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So thats what the filter is for?

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
I think this is the best title cut yet.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Good ep. I hope season 12 is them hanging out in Hell... which is indistinguishable from a lovely dive in Philly.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Problematic Pigeon posted:

Well, I'm gay.

E:lol

put a b or i tag between the letters and it works

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mac finally admitted he was gay, holy poo poo.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
That episode was great. I wonder where most of the next episode will take place. Mostly ship-based shenanigans? Or some clumsy explanations to the man upstairs?

When Mac admitted that he was gay, my jaw about hit the floor. I mean, not because I was surprised that he was gay, but I thought that was going to be one of those running gags that never got a punchline.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Did she yell rob at the end?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Holyshoot posted:

Did she yell rob at the end?

WRONG!

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Not sure if this has been posted, but https://tvline.com/2016/03/02/kaitlin-olson-cast-the-mick-fox-comedy-pilot/

quote:

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia star Kaitlin Olson has been cast as the lead in Fox’s comedy pilot The Mick — on which she’ll also serve as co-executive producer, teaming up once again with Sunny EP Nick Frenkel and writers John and Dave Chernin, plus Oly Obst (Black Box).

I presume it won't interfere with Always Sunny, but :derp:

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
As fun as gay Mac would be, I have a feeling he's blaming his sudden homosexuality on his loss of faith. Once the gang is saved by "divine intervention" in the next episode I'm sure he'll just waive it off as a test from God.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What was with the ending? Did it sort of just...end?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CODChimera posted:

What was with the ending? Did it sort of just...end?

Part 1 of 2.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Very dark episode. Dee being well acquainted with the implication was funny. Gonna have to watch pt2 to see how the whole thing pans out.

Probably Infected posted:

As fun as gay Mac would be, I have a feeling he's blaming his sudden homosexuality on his loss of faith. Once the gang is saved by "divine intervention" in the next episode I'm sure he'll just waive it off as a test from God.

Yes it's pretty obvious he's gonna revert to his fake christian non-gay ways at the first hurdle.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 3, 2016

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gonz posted:

Part 1 of 2.

Ohh ok that makes sense. That's going to be so good.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Very dark episode. Dee being well acquainted with the implication was funny. Gonna have to watch pt2 to see how the whole thing pans out.

I love that the she had her own version of THE IMPLICATION, they really are twins :allears:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Eel hovercraft posted:

I love that the she had her own version of THE IMPLICATION, they really are twins :allears:

Well that's not supposed to happen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So are we taking bets that they are going to really be in court instead of pleading their case to St. Peter?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Mac finally admitted he was gay, holy poo poo.

It's a dream sequence thing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they are going to sneak their way into the onboard spa and will get caught in there and have to explain themselves to the manager of the spa.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Is this the creepiest Dennis has been so far?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

sout posted:

It was just the storm making his words sound ominous.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I have a feeling the white robes and white room aren't so much explaining to "God" but being rescued from a sinking ship, dried off and facing some questioning. Possibly some sort of hypoxia-induced hallucinations making them think someone is God but I just can't see IASIP actually putting the entire gang into a near death experience and seeing God.

Especially since that would vindicate pretty much everything ever for Mac if God was real and that's just not funny.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Its good to see Dennis is into philanthropy now, not enough small business owners give back.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

It's a dream sequence thing

yeah thats my guess

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
As the gang are out of alcohol I could easily see the DT angle getting another play. Really wouldn't be surprised if they're just hallucinating and confused.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

emanresu tnuocca posted:

As the gang are out of alcohol I could easily see the DT angle getting another play. Really wouldn't be surprised if they're just hallucinating and confused.

While that's pretty likely, I feel they played that whole thing with the musical in S7 with Fat Mac. We see the gang looking coherent and capable and a smash cut to reality.

Still, they specifically mentioned the shakes again so it's set up at least.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There's also the whole 'the gang literally confuses bits from movies with real life' thing that happens occasionally, Mac and Charlie thinking Dee has turned into a zombie vampire comes to mind.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Eel hovercraft posted:

The Implication and The Insinuation.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sout posted:

I thought it was genuinely pretty unsettling, they did a really good job of filming it. We know enough about Dennis to know that he's not just a dummy whose words and intentions are easily misconstrued, for a sitcom episode that was pretty drat dark.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I thought it was genuinely pretty unsettling, they did a really good job of filming it. We know enough about Dennis to know that he's not just a dummy whose words and intentions are easily misconstrued, for a sitcom episode that was pretty drat dark.

I don't even think you can say that his words and intentions were misconstrued here, he intended for her to feel unsafe and scared, by implying the implication. Thats the whole point of the implication.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mortanis posted:

I have a feeling the white robes and white room aren't so much explaining to "God" but being rescued from a sinking ship, dried off and facing some questioning. Possibly some sort of hypoxia-induced hallucinations making them think someone is God but I just can't see IASIP actually putting the entire gang into a near death experience and seeing God.

I hope this happens, and that Rex works for the coast guard.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I love that Dee's version of The Implication (The Insinuation) works because she blackmails men who are balking at sleeping with her with the threat of a phony accusation of rape... in order to get them to have sex with her.

That is just so horribly twisted. "gently caress me or I'll tell the cops you raped me."

Holy poo poo. No, it's not the first time Dee's ability to manipulate men into sleeping with her has been mentioned on the show, but this one just about has to be the worst.

I watched this episode right after SVU, and now I can't remember that episode of SVU. It cancelled it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

tarlibone posted:

I love that Dee's version of The Implication (The Insinuation) works because she blackmails men who are balking at sleeping with her with the threat of a phony accusation of rape... in order to get them to have sex with her.

That is just so horribly twisted. "gently caress me or I'll tell the cops you raped me."

Holy poo poo. No, it's not the first time Dee's ability to manipulate men into sleeping with her has been mentioned on the show, but this one just about has to be the worst.

Yeah, she usually just berates guys into having sex by calling them jerks and turkeys.