Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

lets hang out posted:

how does this xcom episode end there, as though there will be more episodes

115 credits is enough for another squad to throw into the meat grinder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
It's amazing how much of a difference there is of Liam jumping the gun vs. Pat jumping the gun.

When Liam does it, he gets results.

When Pat does it, we get laughs.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

Operation Brutal Sky 3: The Last One

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Baal posted:

It did not help in Bevelle because the lines they were reading were vague enough for them to gently caress up step by step instructions.

The Bevelle Cloister of Trials is lovely and bad, though.
Well without it I assume they would have taken 90 minutes instead of 30, but yes it is the lowpoint of dungeons.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This Xcom playthrough is a) incredibly depressing to watch, and b) making me really want to buy the game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That marriage joke in the latest FFX was real on point, kudos Matt :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

This Xcom playthrough is a) incredibly depressing to watch, and b) making me really want to buy the game.

It's really good but waiting for bug fixes might be the best thing to do at this point.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
Pat calling himself a moderate to excellent commander made me laugh harder than I should have. In the games I've played of Xcom 2 I've never seen the Avatar project complete, so this will be interseting

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

They did fine on Evrae, it's the first actual hard boss in the game and she can gently caress you up. That they didn't die on her was unexpected, even if they made victory a giant slog of a battle of attrition.

The biggest thing really, Matt could've saved himself a ton of grief if he'd just kept everyone hasted instead of using Cheer or attacking. Haste is by far one of the strongest buffs you can get, and if you can on a turn haste an unhasted character, then by all means you should do it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Lol that's where you first die?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Pigbuster posted:

"I really like their confidence, just looking at the ground."

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I really want Liam to get familiar with the game and do a retry with him behind the wheels and salty pat witnessing the success

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep exactly what I wanted too

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Holy poo poo the new FNF.

Shark fights

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
at least woolie won long live the advent

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Dias posted:

at least woolie won long live the advent

Woolie gazes out on all the corpses suspended in green goo and says "I got my active camo Predator powers, so I'm fine with this."

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What even was Avatar? World mind control?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Human dna makes aliens into immortal gods.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Yep exactly what I wanted too

I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of doing the Ironman thing, but I'd like to see another attempt too. Mainly just to see what would happen if they actually got an engineer early, since now they're insisting that's the thing that hosed up the run.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Don't be fooled; what hosed the run was Pat losing every single mission.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just want to see them play the game the regular way. v:shobon:v

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mystic Mongol posted:

Going back another step, picking hard difficulty was what hosed the run. There's much less tolerance for bad decisions, and in addition to probably beating at least one real mission, plenty of deaths would have been wounded soldiers instead, which would have freed us from the new recruit failure death spiral.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope they decide to make another serious playthrough in three months after the game is hopefully debugged a bit more

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It doesn't say Part Final soooo...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The run will end the same way because pat still doesnt know the basics to the game.

Imagine him trying to deal with multiple androdemas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

The run will end the same way because pat still doesnt know the basics to the game.

Imagine him trying to deal with multiple androdemas.

I think people generally want Liam at the helm, the one who is Good At Games and kept making smart decisions that Pat then completely disregarded or actively acted against

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, Liam is so much louder than everyone else on the latest Vessel FNF.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

I know, but honestly it's just been funny to watch Pat lose every single mission so I hate to see it end so soon. :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

Woolie gazes out on all the corpses suspended in green goo and says "I got my active camo Predator powers, so I'm fine with this."

Woolie seems very convinced that he'd totally be one of the people getting the cool alien powers and not one of the many humans that were harvested to make said powers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Woolie seems very convinced that he'd totally be one of the people getting the cool alien powers and not one of the many humans that were harvested to make said powers.

Isn't that why most nerdy nerds want a zombie apocalypse? Because they think they'll be the badass with the shotgun killing zombies and not being cornered and eaten 5 minutes in?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhonne posted:

woolie's head would be a belt-buckle that a Berserker wears. His body would then be used as a coat rack. happy alien future woolie.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

FauxGateau posted:

woolie's head would be a belt-buckle that a Berserker wears. His body would then be used as a coat rack. happy alien future woolie.

Agree to disagree man. :colbert:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kimmalah posted:

Agree to disagree man. :colbert:

But... he loves it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rhonne posted:

I was holding my arms out, in rapture, watiting to be taken!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh boy, Nintendo Direct stream on the guys' Twitch today. No Matt though.
I can't wait for hashtag FAYA EMBUREMU to blow everyone out of their seats. And StarFox's inevitable delay.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

FauxGateau posted:

But... he loves it.

In the dystopian alien future, steak will be the only breakfast food available.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Best Friends Watch a Direct will be coming up in about twenty minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/superbestfriendsplay

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

thanks for the link, because I am lazy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Christ no, they have the subscriber noise on and it's loud as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Christ no, they have the subscriber noise on and it's loud as gently caress.

This doesn't fill me with determination.