Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

GruntyThrst posted:

Out of curiosity, has anybody managed to get 5 gold parsnips in Spring Y1?

Yeah I did it. You gotta rush for basic fertilizer though because without it your crappy farming skill will never get you gold ones. I upgraded the watering can early and planted like 70 parsnips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

...I worry about you, Shane.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

GruntyThrst posted:

Out of curiosity, has anybody managed to get 5 gold parsnips in Spring Y1?
You don't need 5 gold parsnips though. That one has 4 options and 3 turn in spots. Parsnips are cheap so it might be worth it.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Okay, I have updated FreezeInside mod to address a bug where the time was not resetting upon sleep. I also added a configurable INI to set whether the mines and the caves count as inside or not. By default they do not, just like Harvest Moon.

https://github.com/cantorsdust/FreezeInside/releases

edit: Requires SMAPI 0.3.5+ and TrainerMod (included in download). Unzip all mods to %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods, unzip SMAPI exe to Stardew Valley base game folder.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I figured out how to find Snow Yams.

Get your hoe and go dig in those patches of dirt where you find spring onions in the spring. The yams grow in clusters like the spring onions, but they're invisible until you dig them up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How do you use fishing tackles?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
You have to have the Iridium Rod. Once you do, you equip them the same way as bait, by holding the tackle item in your cursor and right-clicking on the rod.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Be aware that tackle wears out after a while. I had mine wear out while tackling the Glacierfish, and while I probably wasn't going to catch him anyways, losing the tackle bonus didn't help.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just got Emily's first friendship event and god dammit I want to marry her now

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Got an Artichoke in Fall from Mixed Seeds, put it in my seed machine and got Ancient Seed.

...huuuh. I'll take it for sure, but that's confusing.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

mycot posted:

Could you post a screenshot of your scarecrow army?

It wan't until the 11th one I thought to ask. I've also since bought one rarecrow just because.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy poo poo

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
On the plus side, once you get improved sprinklers you can just replace the scarecrows with them.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
How long can crops go without being watered? I'm on summer day 3 and it hasn't rained yet. I need some not tending to crops time. No wonder grandpa left. This place is a friggin dustbowl.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I told my buddy that you couldn't lose the game and he didn't understand why anybody would want to play it. Then I started to brainstorm if mods could add difficulty of some kind without wrapping it around some sort of time limit because gently caress time limits. Any ideas?

(P.S. I love the chill nature of the game, this is just a brainstorm)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I told my buddy that you couldn't lose the game and he didn't understand why anybody would want to play it. Then I started to brainstorm if mods could add difficulty of some kind without wrapping it around some sort of time limit because gently caress time limits. Any ideas?

(P.S. I love the chill nature of the game, this is just a brainstorm)

Make a hunger mod that instead of killing you just slows your pace down like crazy (like when you get poisoned) until you eat something?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Which bridge have I unlocked with the first spring Bundle? Also, is it repaired, or has it given me the option of repairing it only?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fat Samurai posted:

Which bridge have I unlocked with the first spring Bundle? Also, is it repaired, or has it given me the option of repairing it only?

the 'reward' listed at the bottom is what happens when you fill out every bundle on that page

filling out a single bundle gives you a smaller reward, represented by the present that pops up on the bottom of said page.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

The bridge isn't repaired until you finish all of the bundles in that room and then go to bed (it gets repaired overnight). It's the broken bridge past the Adventurer's Guild, which leads to the Quarry.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
One way of doing goals would be a set of randomised, quantative long term goals.

instead of just earn $x , could also have sell 10 jars of mayonnaise, cook 5 sushi rolls and have 1 6 heart relationship by the end of the first year. kinda like the quest system just medium-long term so every game you won't just go on the same moneymaking route because of time constraints on getting other stuff up and running

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Ok, thanks. Much as I like this game, it explains itself pretty poorly.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I am wildly unimpressed with crab pots. Half the time they pull in garbage and the stuff they do bring in is rarely even silver; is there some place in particular I should be setting them, or are they just mediocre?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Now that you remind me, I haven't checked my crab pots in about a week. Oops.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Crab pots seem like they could have been useful at getting the things for the crab pot bundle at least, but then that bundle only rewards you with 3 crab pots so there's not exactly an incentive to rush to it.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Does anyone know what this is? It "dropped" when I mined an iron node, rather than breaking into ore. Gunther doesn't seem to want it either.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
That's what happens when you hit an ore vein with a hoe instead of a pick

I have no idea what you're supposed to do with it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Randy Mythbuster posted:

How long can crops go without being watered? I'm on summer day 3 and it hasn't rained yet. I need some not tending to crops time. No wonder grandpa left. This place is a friggin dustbowl.

better than the sunshine islands, where it was overcast all the time and your crops never grew

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

GruntyThrst posted:

Do you mean the storage chest or is there an actual storage shed?

Sorry, chests. I would surely love the game to just add a building that has infinite storage but you have to go to it to store or take anything out of it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
CA or a modder should totally add buildings. Like, empty buildings of various sizes you could put on your land. You could put your equipment there, use them as storage sheds, make a smithy, a brewery... sky is the limit!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Delaio posted:

Just saw CA post on Twitter that there's an item that you can use to make it rain for the day. Anybody found it?

This is from a while back, but at forage level 8 or 9 you learn Rain Totem, which according to the description says that it "increases the chance" of rain the next day. It might be that he's referring to. I haven't tried using it yet though.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Your Computer posted:

CA or a modder should totally add buildings. Like, empty buildings of various sizes you could put on your land. You could put your equipment there, use them as storage sheds, make a smithy, a brewery... sky is the limit!

You could give a hobo a home.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
We should give ConcernedApe an SA account. If he doesn't already have one.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pigbottom posted:

We should give ConcernedApe an SA account. If he doesn't already have one.

Has this idea ever turned out well?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Cicadas! posted:

Has this idea ever turned out well?

Exactly my point.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yes? I think there's a fair number of game devs who are actively involved in their thread.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is there a simple way to respec? I messed up by not taking the Artisan trait

Also: the slime hutch is terrible.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Has anyone else have the local legend achievement bug out? I finished all the bundles saving the community center got the cutscene, but no achievement.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Your Computer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/48afou/suggestion_empty_farm_buildings/d0iwaxo?context=3

:3:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Can I get iridium in the mines? I'm 100 deep so far. My game cheated me out of my free meteorite iridium, the meteorite disappeared with a patch before I could crack it. I'm in winter now and am looking to set up a huge self watering farm for spring, would rather have a couple iridium sprinklers if I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 14, 2017