Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Finally talked to someone at the taco place about the excess tortilla chip situation and now I'm worried I've become THAT customer.

Also eating a taco with a fork. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Cowslips Warren posted:

But she's also gray-asexual so she is attracted sexually to people she knows? How is that a thing? Are there red-asexuals who only want to bang people with red hair?

I thought pansexuals were only sexually attracted to people they knew. gently caress, this is all so needlessly complicated.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's almost as if it's no ones business who you want to gently caress and why you want to gently caress them.

I really wish as a people, we could just move on from sex to something else to try and make ourselves feel "special" about, or want to complain about in others.

Weird, hosed up tumblr identities are even worse than those though.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Even though my credit card and saving account are with Capital One, and my savings account is linked in such a way that I can pay my credit card bill with it, I can't have my cashback rewards deposited directly into my savings account. This is endlessly irksome.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Roro posted:

I thought pansexuals were only sexually attracted to people they knew. gently caress, this is all so needlessly complicated.

I thought pansexuals were attracted to fauns? Or is it cookware?

No, I think they are attracted to everyone? Of legal age, I loving hope.

Radio shockjock was on the work radio this morning whining that if your wife is on her period, her "mouth and rear end work just fine" so her husband should never have to go a day without sex. Oh, and poo poo like cancer doesn't have a cure yet because men invented pills to take care of cramps so women, stop bitching and act like the proper wife, happy to sexually please her husband, or he should be able to go get it elsewhere!

I wish men who think like this could experience a loving period. Mine is a few days of not being able to eat, horrible cramps, and wanting to just wear a diaper because sometimes the flow is so heavy it can soak through a normal pad. gently caress, if a guy's dick bled for a straight week and his balls kept cramping, think he'd be up for sex?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Roro posted:

Pansexual is a term for people who mistook the prefix in bisexual to mean binary, as in they only like cis men and women, and nobody else on the gender spectrum. This is wrong, but it allows them to feel superior, and most people were pretending bisexuals didn't exist already, so whatevs.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

When did this come about? Because this term I'm supposed to take seriously is a (lovely, cis doesn't even remotely mean the real and imaginary components are equal) maths joke and I just can't.

E: Oh right FWP. I think I got stung by a bee and it hurts. :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
CIS is an imaginary term thought up by tumblr and therefore you should mock it whenever you see it.

FWP: The maintenance guy finally replaced our blinds but now my cats won't stop swatting at the cords :argh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlphaKretin posted:

When did this come about? Because this term I'm supposed to take seriously is a (lovely, cis doesn't even remotely mean the real and imaginary components are equal) maths joke and I just can't.

No it isn't. It's based on cis and trans being opposites in in Latin (cis = this side / trans = across), so those who are not transgender are cisgender. I dislike the word, because it really feels artificial to me (since "cis" is not a common prefix in English like "trans" is and is not spelled/pronounced in an obvious way), but it's useful to have a term for that meaning and this is the one that's become accepted.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

We should also have terms for people that aren't teachers or aren't baseball fans.

Cisalpine Gaul > Transalpine Gaul

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tiggum posted:

No it isn't. It's based on cis and trans being opposites in in Latin (cis = this side / trans = across), so those who are not transgender are cisgender. I dislike the word, because it really feels artificial to me (since "cis" is not a common prefix in English like "trans" is and is not spelled/pronounced in an obvious way), but it's useful to have a term for that meaning and this is the one that's become accepted.

Well OK fine but it sounds like a lovely maths joke and that makes it impossible to take seriously.

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Mu Zeta posted:

We should also have terms for people that aren't teachers or aren't baseball fans.

Cisalpine Gaul > Transalpine Gaul

I was first introduced to the term in an academic setting. When describing populations, "23 teachers and 14 non-teachers" sounds fine, but "23 transgender people and 14 non-transgender people" (or worse, regular people) doesn't flow as well. Hence "cis" as a useful prefix in academic writing.

People using it constantly in everyday conversation are, in my experience, mostly just doing it to prove a point, which is annoying but tolerable.

FWP: having multiple well-paid internships last year screwed up my taxes, so I got a $7k refund. I could have made almost $300 investing that money instead.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Was playing games on my new computer and got motion sickness, so I passed out way early :negative: To be fair it was Antichamber which has crazy abstract graphics, and also I could probably stand to reduce the mouse sensitivity. But that's a bad omen regardless.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I ate a whole lot of really delicious but really sugary food and while I'd like to say "no regrets :cool:", I absolutely have regrets. :barf:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've had the same catchy but horribly depressing song stuck in my head since yesterday morning.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Trump is doing too well.
I'm starting to get genuinely worried.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Inzombiac posted:

Trump is doing too well.

Same.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I've caught the cold that my roommate has but I don't want to stay in and rest this week. I want to go drink with my friends.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Trump is doing too well.

I know a lot of people who want him to win just to, and I quote, "see the end of the world." As in they might not like his policies but they will vote for him for shits and giggles.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Cowslips Warren posted:

I know a lot of people who want him to win just to, and I quote, "see the end of the world." As in they might not like his policies but they will vote for him for shits and giggles.

Like you've never built up a sweet town in Sim City and then just wrecked it with volcanoes and robots.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cowslips Warren posted:

I genuinely hope you slapped these people. It's not loving funny.

If they want the world to end in hellfire so badly, they can get a match and some kerosene and leave those of us who want to live the gently caress alone.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Mar 2, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I was just about to fall asleep with relatively little hassle when I started sneezing. :saddowns:

E: And here I am an hour later. :( I "have" to get up early tommorow - by which I mean there's a Nintendo direct and give Australia Fire Emblem already. So if this should make me miss that that another FWP.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Mar 2, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A girl I'm interested in likes Wolverine better than Cap :negative:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I had to explain to someone who Shel Silverstein was.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mikl posted:

At least she didn't like Iron Man more than Cap. Wolverine is understandable.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I got home from my honeymoon on Sunday and our cat was super clingy and has been way more talkative, it was cute at first but I just wanted to take a nap without having my face walked on. We also took off Monday so going back to work yesterday was even harder

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
My dog jumped up and slammed his skull into my elbow and absolutely wrecked the poo poo out of my ulnar nerve, like I got nauseous and started blacking out--so I'm stumbling around in so much pain that I can't even scream or moan I'm just doing this huuhh huuhh huuhh breathing thing, but I'd just opened the big thing of hummus and it's right there on the table where both dogs can just get to it (and they will) so I'm trying to stay conscious while moving this dumb thing of hummus then finally I fall to the floor and both of them won't stop licking me then the drat phone starts ringing and the pain is incredible, then later I freaked myself out when I got milk out of the fridge and it brushed against the right side of my hand, which was apparently cold-intolerant at the time.

The dog didn't even flinch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

Could be worse. Could be Hawkeye.

The area near my left shoulder and collarbone has been hurting like a bitch lately. Sometimes it's fine, other times it is almost agony.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

artsy fartsy posted:

My dog jumped up and slammed his skull into my elbow and absolutely wrecked the poo poo out of my ulnar nerve, like I got nauseous and started blacking out--so I'm stumbling around in so much pain that I can't even scream or moan I'm just doing this huuhh huuhh huuhh breathing thing, but I'd just opened the big thing of hummus and it's right there on the table where both dogs can just get to it (and they will) so I'm trying to stay conscious while moving this dumb thing of hummus then finally I fall to the floor and both of them won't stop licking me then the drat phone starts ringing and the pain is incredible, then later I freaked myself out when I got milk out of the fridge and it brushed against the right side of my hand, which was apparently cold-intolerant at the time.

Jesus, how bad did your dog gently caress you up that a bowl of hummus was too wily a foe?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

artsy fartsy posted:

You know english isn't my first language, so I didn't realise that the ulnar nerve is the same as the funny bone. So I was kind of simpathetic with your problem at first, but I also hit that nerve pretty loving hard a few times and I cannot in any way comprehend how you would be literally incapacitated by it like that. Do you just have a horribly bad pain threshhold?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Helios Grime posted:

You know english isn't my first language, so I didn't realise that the ulnar nerve is the same as the funny bone. So I was kind of simpathetic with your problem at first, but I also hit that nerve pretty loving hard a few times and I cannot in any way comprehend how you would be literally incapacitated by it like that. Do you just have a horribly bad pain threshhold?

I've banged it plenty of times in my life and it's always been mildly painful, a little tingly, whatever. No big deal.

This was different. It still hurts today, especially if I bend my elbow and raise my arm up at all.

Dog hosed me up!

Eta: if we get a good pain derail going I've got a gynecological biopsy story that will have all the ladies crossing their legs

artsy fartsy has a new favorite as of 15:03 on Mar 3, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My country is about to pass a law that would allow gay people to get married, and possibly (if they manage to get the politicians to agree) adopt their partner's biological children. That's not my fwp.

My fwp is that a lot of people on my Facebook feed are being super duper dumb and backwards about this whole thing ("traditional family! Think of the children! :arghfist::saddowns:") and I can't block them or tell them they're stupid because I have to regularly interact with them in real life.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
One of my coworkers clothes stinks like he left them too long in the machine after it was finished. I'm thankful I'm not working in the same room as him, but it's irritating me that none of the people that are aren't noticing it.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

artsy fartsy posted:

Eta: if we get a good pain derail going I've got a gynecological biopsy story that will have all the ladies crossing their legs

:ohdear: :justpost:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Haha, oh god, here we go: major TMI ahead! You owe me, goons, for years of pantshitting and fecal lasagna.

Sometime last year I noticed this weird little scar thing in a particularly area--right next to (and touching) the clit, mainly on the little hood thing. I googled it and thought it might be something called lichen sclerosus, although all the online photos of this condition are like some kind of Cronenburgian nightmare (seriously, don't GIS this) and what I had was just this tiny little thing. Just a scar, I thought. Probably from too much hot sex amirite. I didn't have any pain or itching or any other symptoms but, still, that's not an area you want to neglect, so I made an appointment.

Doc takes a look and says yeah, it's probably the lichen, but it could also be cancer! So we need to cut a piece of it off.

I have no idea what my pain threshold is--I've had a few piercings, including one in my nipple, and none of those were bad. I just always made sure to breathe through the puncture and I was able to keep still and not make any noise. And the doctor was very insistent that I hold still for this biopsy. Don't move, don't move, don't move or this could be much, much worse.

Blinding, searing, scalding, white-hot pain. It reminded me most of a wasp sting, except a thousand times more extreme, and on my drat clitoris. I did not hold still. I squirmed and screamed about how much I hated everyone in the room. It seemed to go on forever.

That really wasn't the bad part. I mean it was terrible, but the days that followed were worse. When I got home whatever local stuff he'd rubbed on there wore off, I guess, or maybe the adrenaline wore off. My vag was one fire. My memories are kind of hazy about this, but I remember crawling around on all fours a lot, sobbing, just trying to get away from the thing gnawing on my crotch, knowing how ridiculous that was but unable to stop myself. Standing made it burn, walking made it burn and sitting was the worst of all. Everything down there swelled up like I'd been wildly stabbing myself with synthol injections.

Again, this is hazy--I don't remember what day of the week this all happened on. I did go to work at some point (wearing pajama bottoms) and I remember being so miserable I wanted to die. Did I go home early? Did I take any days off? I think I cried in the bathroom. I remember desperately wanting prescription pain medication but did I ever actually get any? I can't remember, and this was only last year. It's nuts.

There was other weird brain stuff that went along with all this, too. I fell into a hard depression for a couple days, thinking I'd never be able to have sex again--I figured that, even if I healed up completely, the memory of all this had ruined me forever. While resting I'd get into this weird half-awake, half-asleep states and I'd feel my own flesh between my teeth, being torn away--the texture was absolutely repugnant and it stuck in my head like a drat ear worm. And I kept obsessing about how the doc had told me that to treat cancer they'd basically cut everything out down there, and leave me with just a hole.

Going to the bathroom was horrible, almost as bad as the biopsy itself. Trying to keep everything clean was almost as bad--the slightest touch of water was like being stabbed, but I was worried about infection. Everything down there just kind of...glued together. :barf: At one point I found some kind of thread stuck in with everything--what the hell was this? Did it come off my underwear? Did the doctor put it there? It took me a few days to pull the thing out--every little tug was like pulling out my insides.

Anyway, everything healed up perfectly fine, the scar is gone (the biopsy removed the entire thing), I don't have cancer, and the doctor gave me a cream to rub on it if it ever shows up again (it hasn't.)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That's not a first world problem.. that's just a problem. Sorry about that, I can't imagine how much that must have hurt.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

Haha, oh god, here we go: major TMI ahead! You owe me, goons, for years of pantshitting and fecal lasagna.

:stonk:

Anyway, everything healed up perfectly fine, the scar is gone (the biopsy removed the entire thing), I don't have cancer, and the doctor gave me a cream to rub on it if it ever shows up again (it hasn't.)

Holy. loving. poo poo.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

artsy fartsy posted:

Sometime last year I noticed this weird little scar thing in a particularly area--right next to (and touching) the clit, mainly on the little hood thing. I googled it and thought it might be something called lichen sclerosus, although all the online photos of this condition are like some kind of Cronenburgian nightmare (seriously, don't GIS this) and what I had was just this tiny little thing. Just a scar, I thought. Probably from too much hot sex amirite. I didn't have any pain or itching or any other symptoms but, still, that's not an area you want to neglect, so I made an appointment.

Doc takes a look and says yeah, it's probably the lichen, but it could also be cancer! So we need to cut a piece of it off.

I have no idea what my pain threshold is--I've had a few piercings, including one in my nipple, and none of those were bad. I just always made sure to breathe through the puncture and I was able to keep still and not make any noise. And the doctor was very insistent that I hold still for this biopsy. Don't move, don't move, don't move or this could be much, much worse.

Blinding, searing, scalding, white-hot pain. It reminded me most of a wasp sting, except a thousand times more extreme, and on my drat clitoris. I did not hold still. I squirmed and screamed about how much I hated everyone in the room. It seemed to go on forever.

That really wasn't the bad part. I mean it was terrible, but the days that followed were worse. When I got home whatever local stuff he'd rubbed on there wore off, I guess, or maybe the adrenaline wore off. My vag was one fire. My memories are kind of hazy about this, but I remember crawling around on all fours a lot, sobbing, just trying to get away from the thing gnawing on my crotch, knowing how ridiculous that was but unable to stop myself. Standing made it burn, walking made it burn and sitting was the worst of all. Everything down there swelled up like I'd been wildly stabbing myself with synthol injections.

Again, this is hazy--I don't remember what day of the week this all happened on. I did go to work at some point (wearing pajama bottoms) and I remember being so miserable I wanted to die. Did I go home early? Did I take any days off? I think I cried in the bathroom. I remember desperately wanting prescription pain medication but did I ever actually get any? I can't remember, and this was only last year. It's nuts.

There was other weird brain stuff that went along with all this, too. I fell into a hard depression for a couple days, thinking I'd never be able to have sex again--I figured that, even if I healed up completely, the memory of all this had ruined me forever. While resting I'd get into this weird half-awake, half-asleep states and I'd feel my own flesh between my teeth, being torn away--the texture was absolutely repugnant and it stuck in my head like a drat ear worm. And I kept obsessing about how the doc had told me that to treat cancer they'd basically cut everything out down there, and leave me with just a hole.

Going to the bathroom was horrible, almost as bad as the biopsy itself. Trying to keep everything clean was almost as bad--the slightest touch of water was like being stabbed, but I was worried about infection. Everything down there just kind of...glued together. :barf: At one point I found some kind of thread stuck in with everything--what the hell was this? Did it come off my underwear? Did the doctor put it there? It took me a few days to pull the thing out--every little tug was like pulling out my insides.

Once I crawled like a cat to hide my boner.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jesus tittyfucking Christ, that read like some FGM poo poo.

Am searching for used cars and every loving dealer has the PLEASE CALL instead of a price listed. WHY is this a thing?

Then I reread that post and never ever want to go to the doctor again. #iwilldiefromthis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I've braked too hard from a bike and slammed my clit against the T-bar, but I've thankfully never had anyone cut into it. Awake or otherwise.