Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
There are also 4 skill points tied in to HD's epic storyline so even if you'd skip HD for whatever reason you're going to be somewhat crippling your character as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

Evil Fluffy posted:

There are also 4 skill points tied in to HD's epic storyline so even if you'd skip HD for whatever reason you're going to be somewhat crippling your character as a result.

Alright - I'm not skipping that either, but just holding out on buying it until it's not 40.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
I held out until it was only $20 and included a TP bundle. YMMV

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Speaking of trait points - you have to do the loving Warbands in the latest update which completes a deed that gives a trait point, and that deed is part of the meta for the region which gives another trait point - so basically, those warbands are 2 trait points.

Anyone done them yet? Are they soloable? If not...anyone want to do them?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

xZAOx posted:

Speaking of trait points - you have to do the loving Warbands in the latest update which completes a deed that gives a trait point, and that deed is part of the meta for the region which gives another trait point - so basically, those warbands are 2 trait points.

Anyone done them yet? Are they soloable? If not...anyone want to do them?

Let's do it.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Mr. President? :aaa:

I ... didnt know that you were into LOTRO cosplay.
Very manyly braids you got there though!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I feel like I'm necro'ing the thread, but:

quote:

Additionally this weekend we will be placing Update 18 on Bullroarer for its first Open Beta session. In this build we will have much of the content going out with U18 but it will also have the following items we hope will improve performance in various areas:
- Awesonium upgrade to fix the store crashes some folks are seeing
- Login Server fix to the "Server Full" error
- New graphics setting options for reducing graphics and client load in PvMP areas
- Reducing the data footprint of the Minas Tirith and Pelennor areas

More details and patch notes to come towards the end of the week.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

xZAOx posted:

I feel like I'm necro'ing the thread, but:

Thanks, reading the patch notes it seems like predicted there will be 105 essences and 105 gear, so I am scared to log in because I'll bet the essence price already tanked before I get a chance to sell my supremes and fill 'em in with greaters. This is exciting though, I think Turbine is guilty of relying on asking us to do Bingo quests or make alts, anyone who only plays a max level character is guaranteed to have these at least a month long break from the game in between any form of updates. It's better that way for new players however, especially with the cap raising to 105 soon.

edit

So update 18 will bring level 105 as mentioned,the new area will be called Old Anorien and the current price on the test server running the beta is 1995 TP, or free to VIPs. I'm sure I'll enjoy this as I've liked all of these Anorien areas, curious to see how a 'battlefield raid' plays out.

double edit

Also looks like some changes to the anniversary festival including new dye colors are on the way, seems like a silly thing to be excited for but I enjoy the anniversary events for this game and it's crazy to think about this being the 9th year. I still casually play and enjoy the first MMO I bought after high school ended and when I think about how many horrible MMOs the modern industry produces... that owns.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 19, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If the next area is 1995TP it better be at least RoR or HD sized.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Looks like I'm back to the TP grinding mill.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Evil Fluffy posted:

It does seem like a lot but I guess free for subscribers + the first raid in years is how they justify it. I didn't actually reflect on the price because I still have 4000 tp of the 5000 or whatever I got for like 30 bucks this Christmas sale.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Holy poo poo, 1995 TP?!

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

What is the next area, have they said? I'm currently addicted to The Division on PS4 so it'll be a while before Turbine gets any more money out of me. I'd guess they're charging 1995TP because of the labor necessary to produce a raid. I wouldn't expect there to be double the content of the recent areas.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Relevant news!

quote:

Today, 11:40 AM #36 Vyvyanne
Executive Producer

There will not be mounted combat in the raid.

We are including one mounted combat instance in U18 but we feel riding with the Rohirrim into battle would be missing something if you were not on your horse. Thus the reasoning behind the damage changes.

Yesterday, 09:58 AM #178
The raid version of the instance will be coming in 18.2 the next major patch after Update 18. Summertime.

The raid is being built off of a solo instance that is in Update 18. In U18.2 that same storyline and space from the solo instance will be expanded upon with additional raid bosses, space and mechanics not found in the solo version you experience in U18. We made this choice because while this moment made a great raid experience, we did not want to block that part of the storyline from those who might never wish to do a raid.

If 18.2 is summer then I would bet 18 is only a couple of weeks away. Not having the raid ready at launch might hurt the sales a bit I would think, as that justified the extra price. I'd rather not focus on that too much as you either buy it or you don't, luckily a lot of us still have tons of those half priced Christmas points left, and you can always look up point grinding guides if you don't want to add cash to your account for U18.

Just for five levels of new content, new gear, new essence, more book quests and hopefully a new epic battle that's more fun than the current ones, I'm in.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 23, 2016

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

Hey. I'm Grimhesric in game. I'd like to propose a few things -- for starters, that we get a different leader for the kin who's willing to organize events and keep our players more interested in the game. I've had a hard time coming back to play LOTRO just because I know i'm never able to run any content with people I'm familiar with. I'd also like to suggest that Dunfunkin and his alts are made officers, because that guy is online literally all the time -- and finally that we start adding non-goons to the kin. We're hemorrhaging players at the moment even with server and content updates. I mean we have what, ten people in this thread talking about upcoming content? It would be really nice if we had enough people online at one time to run the new raid -- I want to organize more content but we never seem to have enough people online to justify running it. We'd end up having to invite non-goons half the time anyway just to run 6 man instances. The new content is supposed to be great. Just looking at Minas Tirith's updates should be a good indication that we're about to get much better multiplayer content than we've had in this game in a good long while. I'd like to ensure we can play it.

I know our current kin leader is really attached to his position, but it seems a little pointless to be in a kin where you know your leader will, at most, run an hour of content a week. I don't care who's in charge so long as they're willing to put in more effort than we've had in the last few years.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
:popcorn:

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
I think this is the smilie you were looking for:
:suspense:

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Oh boy here we go

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

extra stout posted:

There will not be mounted combat in the raid.

We are including one mounted combat instance in U18 but we feel riding with the Rohirrim into battle would be missing something if you were not on your horse. Thus the reasoning behind the damage changes.

I'm having a hard time parsing this.

There won't be... but we're including one... but riding would miss something if you were horseless...

Is we or isn't we horsing in this raid.

Also:

:allears:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

I'm having a hard time parsing this.

There won't be... but we're including one... but riding would miss something if you were horseless...

Is we or isn't we horsing in this raid.

There won't be a mounted combat raid, there will be a mounted combat instance, possibly an epic battle. The raid will be a new instance at launch designed to be solod, probably for the book quest, and then the 12 man version will be released in 18.2 is their current plan.

edit

I agree with Grimhesric as you can imagine since I had to make this thread because Hoboknife deleted and locked the old thread when I proposed we get an active interested leader. I don't think it's that dramatic of a thing to say, aside from the first couple of pages of this thread Hobo has long ago stopped thread making GBS threads, once even saying he's fine with us voting in a new leader, I never bothered to host some kind of vote because it seemed like it could be argumentative and painful to get him to commit to it, but he definitely doesn't actively play or lead, or post despite all his good intentions and promises that the kin is his favorite thing.

He does always tend to take this super personally and not act in the best interest of the kin, but I still don't hate the guy even if he blows up about this topic and kind of holds the rank of leader hostage. Hopefully that topic will not poo poo up the thread, maybe it'll even lead to a more active end game player leading.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 24, 2016

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Hmmm... as a fellow GM of a goon guild in a failed MMO, I'll have to keep this thread bookmarked to see how things play out. I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Joke answer: Really I've just invented a new meta-game to LOTRO that I didn't let anyone else in on....it's counting the days until the next person starts complaining about how they can do things better.... ah yes...pleasuring myself to the whines and tears of the masses...oh god, oh god!

Instead I'll respond seriously:
If you think it's easy....just ask Bombhand what it's like leading the kin...herding cats is putting it mildly and you need only look at the last vote several pages ago to see that for all the complaining by a few who think the grass could be greener, when it actually comes down to it...those same people don't realize that the people who have been here long enough have seen this happen multiple times and already know where it's going. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time and try a new tact in dealing with it:

:siren: I'll make Grimhesric a challenge!. :siren:
I'll add Dun as an officer as you suggest...and I'll give you two months to achieve exactly what you've posted:

quote:

...willing to organize events and keep our players more interested in the game...

I want to organize more content but we never seem to have enough people online to justify running it. We'd end up having to invite non-goons half the time anyway just to run 6 man instances.

This means you need to post frequently to the thread advertising events, putting up screenshots, organizing fun events like races... coordinating over the Steam group to let offline goons know when events are happening... messaging people on the Steam list who might be online but not in game to get those people into LOTRO to run events... to lead raids on a rotating schedule at least 3x a week...(btw, you'll have to get people to agree on times...heh) Making crafted items to prep people for raids and to run lower instances to get lower level members/alts the gear to run on level content.

If you are able to get a full 12 man raid (of kin members) consistently for three weeks (that means 9 raid days running at least one complete raid of Moria level or higher each time) and at least one 24 man raid of any kind (doesn't have to be all kin members) at any time in the second month of the time period I will happily turn over leader to whomever you choose, no questions asked.

Heck, if you message me (and I'm not at work) I'll even join in the events myself...which I've always been willing to do. I don't think there's anyone who can challenge that I'm not willing to help out goons whenever I'm on. I'm just not going to sit online for hours, if nothing is happening. Plus despite perceptions, I actually like to run content so it's not really a loss for me.

None of the things you want require being kin leader to accomplish. Kin leader only really allows choosing officers and a few petty things with the kinhouse...so nothing is stopping you from organizing events and proving me wrong. If you need access to the Steam group for some reason, let me know because I can make that happen if you don't have access already.

:siren: Here's the trade off if you don't make it happen...:siren:
1. You and only You will be paying the kinhouse maintenance fee for a long as you continue to play the game. Then Extra takes over for as long as he plays (assuming he helps you - see #4).
2. Every time I log in and you're on...over world chat I want to see: "Oh most glorious god-emperor Hoboknife, you have arrived to grace our presence, I am only a worm in comparison! Please let me lick the empty footsteps you leave behind! I never should have questioned your all-knowing wisdom...let it be known to all on this server that I'm a fool for questioning you!" (If I don't see it, you'll be immediately removed from the kin permanently and btw this will be the best part because I'll purposely sign on multiple times in a session just to see it over an over and let the rest of the kin have a good laugh about it)
3. This question never comes up from you again. Period. Nothing but undying loyalty to the end will I ever hear about it. You will be the example to all others who bring this up and if the next new player starts saying the same thing, you'll be the one explaining this on the thread instead of me.
4. Extra Stout can even help you...but if he does...the same conditions apply upon failing to meet the terms. =)

---Today is March 23rd. You have until Friday March 25th to respond yes or no. If no, it is never spoken of again. If yes, the clock starts that day and you have until May 28th---
Your call.

-BTW, Extra, the only reason I take it personally is that for years...I spent +30 hours a week online in LOTRO trying to get people to do exactly what you both complain about and the deafening wall of silence of goons not wanting to put in the slightest effort made me realize that the game is only what you yourself put into it. I love this kin, I truly do...and if people want to run content I'd be one of the first to gladly sign up...but goons will never be that organized and so to hear that the grass is greener if only someone new were running things tells me they don't have the slightly clue of how much time I've actually spent on people in this kin. Trying asking anyone who played for more than five years.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

e: drat, hobo posted first.

I'm not sure what you guys think you can do with the kin leader role (or any role) that you can't do as officers that will get people playing this again. There's low activity for a reason and it's not because of inactive leaders (it's because this game is aged as hell). :shrug:

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

BTW, I should make one clarification...don't try gaming the deal by thinking hurr hurr I'll just run Turtle 9 times... raids need to be something with multiple bosses and trash mobs to clear.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The only realistic thing a lotro goon can do to see raid (hell probably even group) content on a regular basis is to join a different kin.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Hobo is right. Game is old. We love it, but it's mostly a solo affair for our kin.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I am totally willing to join in any raid content.

Unfortunately, Turbine decided some years ago to give up on raid content completely, so...

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Well I was wrong. Do we just accept we have that guy as a leader forever until we splinter or join an active Landroval kin?

It's a video game kin, not the movie Speed. Your list of demands include 9 out of 10 things you don't actually do yourself and haven't in years.

Oxphocker posted:

-BTW, Extra, the only reason I take it personally is that for years...I spent +30 hours a week online in LOTRO trying to get people to do exactly what you both complain about and the deafening wall of silence of goons not wanting to put in the slightest effort made me realize that the game is only what you yourself put into it. I love this kin, I truly do...and if people want to run content I'd be one of the first to gladly sign up...but goons will never be that organized and so to hear that the grass is greener if only someone new were running things tells me they don't have the slightly clue of how much time I've actually spent on people in this kin. Trying asking anyone who played for more than five years.

You have put more effort into your last three freak outs in the last year than you do serious posting or playing the game. It's not always a personal attack even if you always take it that way, you don't play the video game you get some kind of comfort of being the offline leader of. Even if we don't become active, someone who plays and posts more than you would make a better leader, again: Just because you freak out and take things very personally does not make them personal attacks. It's just a game, it'd be cool if our leader played it.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 24, 2016

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

extra stout posted:

Well I was wrong. Do we just accept we have that guy as a leader forever until we splinter or join an active Landroval kin?

Good luck with your new kin! Have fun!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Last game id expect to have guild drama.

Wardens still unkillable? I loved playing mine

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I can only assume. It seems like such a fun class but I never put the effort required into mine.

In regards to this drama, I think you're all over reacting just a bit. It's not Hobo's fault that it's hard to get things off the ground, and like it's been said you don't need to be kin leader to get things rolling. The problem is I think over the life span of this game (9 years and I think I've been around for 3 is all), everyone gets older and in my case at least gets employment or kids or whatever. Time is just scarce when it comes to it, and as beautiful and rewarding it can be to see Middle Earth, it's not like this game(play) is particularly gripping. People come and go, or put in the token effort to keep up with the what may be new (Bingo or a new area), but you don't need other people for those things.

We should take advantage of this dumb spat regardless, and maybe use to galvanize some action. I'm not super excel or spreadsheet savvy, but I feel like with one of those where everyone blocks off we're their not available will show us moments when we can attempt to organize things. In the end people will show up or not, and while I pessimistically think it'll be the latter due to the afore mentioned reasons, at least we can't say we haven't tried.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Extra,

quote:

If you are able to get a full 12 man raid (of kin members) consistently for three weeks (that means 9 raid days running at least one complete raid of Moria level or higher each time) and at least one 24 man raid of any kind (doesn't have to be all kin members) at any time in the second month of the time period I will happily turn over leader to whomever you choose, no questions asked.

It's time to put up or shut up. The only requirement is what you see in the quote box, the rest is just a suggestion.

100Yrs is basically correct in what was posted. We've tried all these things in the past... setting up lists, posting event times, setting up audio chats, etc etc etc....been there, done all that... goons are not ones for organizing, haven't been for years. But like I said before, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and even be available as long as you post the event times online and I can make it. Unfortunately 100Yrs is right that priorities change as you get older and have less time available...doesn't mean I can't run content...just not going to sit online for hours with little to do when I got other stuff to do too. As you can see from the other responses so far, most of the other people get it...so if you're truly that unhappy no one is making you stay, you're more than welcome to seek another kin that meets your expectations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

FailPirate posted:

I know our current kin leader is really attached to his position, but it seems a little pointless to be in a kin where you know your leader will, at most, run an hour of content a week. I don't care who's in charge so long as they're willing to put in more effort than we've had in the last few years.

Goddamnit, Grim. I'll help you with your dumb challenge if you want, though I would suggest skipping the whole thing and just playing the game more.

TheHoosier posted:

Last game id expect to have guild drama.

Wardens still unkillable? I loved playing mine

Goons are drama queens.

And Wardens rule. Beornings are the new unstoppable class, though.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We should take advantage of this dumb spat regardless, and maybe use to galvanize some action. I'm not super excel or spreadsheet savvy, but I feel like with one of those where everyone blocks off we're their not available will show us moments when we can attempt to organize things. In the end people will show up or not, and while I pessimistically think it'll be the latter due to the afore mentioned reasons, at least we can't say we haven't tried.

I think if we had two or three people running events or whatever at different times, then it would make the kin feel a lot more alive. No need for complex scheduling except for the occasional attempt at a raid or something.

Anyways, I have a career and am planning to go back to school and I have three cats that will leap onto my mouse/keyboard while I'm trying to pull off gambits, but I suppose I can make some time for this dumb game. I reserve the right to cancel or reschedule for real-life obligations, which trump goblin/orc/hobbit slaying concerns.

:siren:Inviting all Nazgun! Join Edheladan this Saturday and every Saturday at 2 PM Pacific Time until they put this old and decaying MMO out to pasture. I will join anyone of any level for any content, or we can hang out in Bree and play bagpipes! I am a level 85 Warden and have a bunch of level 20-30 alts that I have no idea how to play. I will be on rain or shine because I'm a shut-in so who cares what the weather is like??

Let's do this.

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

Oxphocker posted:

(If I don't see it, you'll be immediately removed from the kin permanently and btw this will be the best part because I'll purposely sign on multiple times in a session just to see it over an over and let the rest of the kin have a good laugh about it)

No one will be laughing.

xZAOx posted:

The only realistic thing a lotro goon can do to see raid (hell probably even group) content on a regular basis is to join a different kin.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Hobo is right. Game is old. We love it, but it's mostly a solo affair for our kin.

It's equally realistic to want more players in the kin. It's almost as if the reason we can't ever run content is because we're trying to be exclusive in a game with a niche playerbase.

I'm not gonna lie, dude. I'm legitimately worried for your mental health if someone were to take this kin away from you. But let me be clear -- I am sure no one wants you to stop playing, or to stop being in the kin, just to be willing to let someone else take over to do the poo poo you're clearly unwilling to do. You say making people officers and inviting people isn't exclusively a leadership thing, but newcomers to the kin are called spies. You say being in charge is hard but you're challenging me to do a thing you haven't done yourself in like, two years. As much as I'd love to run raids, we don't even have enough players online at any given time to run 6 man content. I would like to fix this.

I don't really get the idea of challenging me, but okay. I'll accept. I don't have regular hours yet, but I'll be streaming most of my lotro time at https://twitch.tv/doctorj20.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

xZAOx posted:

Yeah I mean I'd play this again but FFXIV is just a better game at this point and Lotro being based in Middle Earth isn't nearly enough to steal me back when it's still ultimately a decade old game that Turbine probably can't/won't invest significant funds in to for an overhaul.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

It's funny, I have been playing LOTRO on and off since 2007 casually, enjoying the atmosphere and all. For the first time, I actually have a character at whatever the level cap is at the time.! As others have said; families and work and other games really eat into the time for this game.

Anyway, the I am definitely up for trying these Saturday events. I've been almost exclusively solo PVE over the years, so it will be a big change. I'm in the UK, but 2PM PST seems to be very doable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean the reason oxp is being an rear end is because its actually happened before. When I joined the guild innitially in 2008-2009 it was really active, people were raiding consistently, people were crafting and running other through instances to get them gear for raids, etc. Then everything collapsed is the most brilliant display of sperg and goonery you could imagine. The guild was in shambles, the vast majority of people had quit the game, Mirkwood brought people back for a while but you could tell that the game, just like the elves and dwarves in the story, was in decline and nothing could stop it.

There are better games to run high level pve content. All that you should do with LOTRO now days is maybe go through the new locales because you like Tolkien's setting, play some lute and smoke some pipeweed

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I mean the reason oxp is being an rear end is because its actually happened before. When I joined the guild innitially in 2008-2009 it was really active, people were raiding consistently, people were crafting and running other through instances to get them gear for raids, etc. Then everything collapsed is the most brilliant display of sperg and goonery you could imagine. The guild was in shambles, the vast majority of people had quit the game, Mirkwood brought people back for a while but you could tell that the game, just like the elves and dwarves in the story, was in decline and nothing could stop it.

There are better games to run high level pve content. All that you should do with LOTRO now days is maybe go through the new locales because you like Tolkien's setting, play some lute and smoke some pipeweed

I think having players, a leader, and even 3 man groups is way more important than anyone is discussing. We don't even have those, so raid master challenges, even the 24 man raid challenge gets more absurd because I don't remember a 24 goon raid ever, if it happened it's somewhere forgotten in my memory 6 years ago. No one should have to prove they can run 24 man content to become the leader, if running 2 man content would make you a step up from the current leader. And Grim does run epic battles with goon more often than most.

Part of the reason why we lost the population during peak LoTRO days was that Hobo constantly kicked people for making jokes, which was the original goal of the kin.

He probably won't ever stop being the idle offline leader, which sucks but isn't going to change my experience much since I never rejoined the kin after he kicked me for making a joke about a 6 man rare weapon he ninjad from me on accident by not paying attention 3 hours into content. I have a good group of randoms I've run T2 Osgiliath instances with since it was actually tough content, and I'm looking at a few specific kins that average 15 players online on a good night now that I'm on Landroval and want to continue networking.

I think our new server alone should have improved people's experience more than it did, but goons just never really reach out and make friends with pubbies, which is a shame because they're better than we are at the game consistently.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

extra stout posted:

I think having players, a leader, and even 3 man groups is way more important than anyone is discussing. We don't even have those, so raid master challenges, even the 24 man raid challenge gets more absurd because I don't remember a 24 goon raid ever, if it happened it's somewhere forgotten in my memory 6 years ago.

I agree that I think the challenge is a little overboard on expectations, but we did have several 12-man raids (and even some 24-man) back in around 2009 when level 65 was the cap. I personally participated in probably 8-10 clears of the Watcher, 10+ clears of the turtle (remember, this was when it was actually difficult content), and at least 2 full clears of Dar Nabagud. We also did several clears of level-adjusted Helegrod wings, though I never personally got to participate in a full clear of the final fight there. We attempted Ost Dunhoth a few times but never got very far. Keep in mind that my schedule was somewhat random with me frequently working evenings, so that I missed out on a lot of the raids, so the ones I'm mentioning here were only a fraction (I would estimate around half) of the actual raiding.

That said, this all blew up when Aion came out and the bulk of the raiding group shifted over to that terrible game. There was never the same level of activity after that, but we did have a lot of people doing 6-man content for some time after that (at least a couple of years).

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

This game is old and dying but goddamnit I love Hobbits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

There's definitely things I want to "complete" in terms of Quests for which I need groups. There's a couple of unfinished business in Tarlang's Crown for example or the stupid Bells of Dale quest Gandalf offers you back on like level 20 or something. Something in Rohan about 3 monsters or something. I don't know. The point is it'd be fun to run things of any variety not just instances of 6 to 12 man but even low level runs of whatever.

I also really want to do those Roving Threats. I've never done one and it looks super cool to run across a massive gently caress off beast.

Litany Unheard posted:

:siren:Inviting all Nazgun! Join Edheladan this Saturday and every Saturday at 2 PM Pacific Time until they put this old and decaying MMO out to pasture. I will join anyone of any level for any content, or we can hang out in Bree and play bagpipes! I am a level 85 Warden and have a bunch of level 20-30 alts that I have no idea how to play. I will be on rain or shine because I'm a shut-in so who cares what the weather is like??

Let's do this.

This is 10 pm for me in France, so barring real life social obligations I should definitely be free and will make a note of it. I've a 100 hunter, and a 85+ LM that i have no idea how to play will and will probably never learn how to do so but I'll use regardless, I've also a number of lower level alts on in the 40's the rest around 25.