Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Toadvine posted:

Shoot em up was good. I literally cannot imagine what you expected from that movie that wasn't delivered in droves

Shoot 'em Up was a perfect example of a film where if you didn't know what to expect from the first minute or so and continued to watch it, you're a loving idiot.

First guy to die barely 90 seconds in? He dies by getting a carrot punched through his throat complete with a one-liner. If by that point you think it's dumb and continue to watch then I'm sorry, it is you that is dumb.

This is the first shot in the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NapN0Op3ajY

It's like people who sit through the opening monologue of Quentin Dupieaux's 'Rubber' where the cop basically says a lot of films have no reason and that the film is an homage to no reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1WSD_cnRbA

...if by that point you peace out then great, but watching the entire thing and then complaining it's stupid and pointless makes you a fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

88h88 posted:

Shoot 'em Up was a perfect example of a film where if you didn't know what to expect from the first minute or so and continued to watch it, you're a loving idiot.

My mates got up to the bit with the baby on the roundabout and they said, "If he loving shoots the bars on that to spin the baby then this is the dumbest film ever." He shoots the bars, spins the baby and I'm like, yup, this film is dumb as poo poo... And it's great.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

ChogsEnhour posted:

My mates got up to the bit with the baby on the roundabout and they said, "If he loving shoots the bars on that to spin the baby then this is the dumbest film ever." He shoots the bars, spins the baby and I'm like, yup, this film is dumb as poo poo... And it's great.

It's dumb wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way way before that bit though. Did their heads explode at the car crash scene or the skydive gunfight? I need to know just how far they think is too far...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

88h88 posted:

It's like people who sit through the opening monologue of Quentin Dupieaux's 'Rubber' where the cop basically says a lot of films have no reason and that the film is an homage to no reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1WSD_cnRbA

...if by that point you peace out then great, but watching the entire thing and then complaining it's stupid and pointless makes you a fool.

No I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. If you wimped out and stopped watching a movie then you have no right to complain, because you didn't put the time in and suffer through it. I don't watch lovely, stupid movies all the way through "hoping it'll get better", I do it because I'm committed to seeing how bad it gets.

Rubber is a stupid pile of poo poo, and I knew from the first 20 minutes what they were trying and failing to do. The movie would've been better without the meta-narrative gimmick, it's like they had no confidence in their own dumb idea and had to tell us that it was a dumb idea.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nah Rubber is good

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah dude you sound angry that you got trolled by a film that told you it was going to troll you at the beginning.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

88h88 posted:

It's dumb wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way way before that bit though. Did their heads explode at the car crash scene or the skydive gunfight? I need to know just how far they think is too far...

Yeah they were like, "This is dumb" but kinda still thought it was trying to be sincere. This was when it first came out so my memory only clearly recalls the outrage at the roundabout bit to be honest.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Rubber is a better movie than this poo poo will be

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

One of the promo pics for Shoot Em Up had Clive Owen using a carrot to fire his gun, I have no idea what kind of movie you you are expecting. Do you complain about Mission Impossible wasting too much time on stupid stunts.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 2, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Toadvine posted:

Shoot em up was good. I literally cannot imagine what you expected from that movie that wasn't delivered in droves

Nothing but garbage was delivered in droves. Every action scene was lame as gently caress

I know that it was tongue in cheek-haha-wink-wink-we'resosly, but it clearly still tried to be exciting and action-y and it failed miserably because none of it was good or interesting

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 2, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This is the bad comic book movies thread not a bad movie opinions thread

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
While we're on the subject of bad movies that people like for some reason, the Transporter movies are really bad

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zzulu posted:

While we're on the subject of bad movies that people like for some reason, the Transporter movies are really bad

let's all join together with this fact we can all agree on

satanic splash-back posted:

Rubber is a better movie than this poo poo will be

this one too

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Of course

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Punisher war zone was bad. It was definitely over the top and crazy, but in really boring and bad ways

Like that other over the top movie, "Shooter" or whatever it was called. It tried so hard and never got interesting

War Zone was the closest we'll get to a Garth Ennis Punisher and it was awesome.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Zzulu posted:

Pfft... you probably think the Crank franchise sucks too... philistine

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
New TMNT movie needs to be named Sewer Side Squad

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

New TMNT movie needs to be named Sewer Side Squad

naem
May 29, 2011

I would like to see Megan fox in booty shorts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Zzulu posted:

The first transporter movie was hilarious trash but the rest were awful.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Rubber is poo poo. It tells you that things happen for no reason, but then it's just boring things happening for no reason. It didn't even have the balls to let its theme play itself out. Instead it had to have a boring opening trying it justify what a boring turd it was.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shoot Em Up was great because every problem in the movie was solved with guns. Even the lack of gun control by the US government.

naem posted:

I would like to see Megan fox in booty shorts

Based on my observation of the fandom (browsing the PYF fanart threads), a lot of people probably want to see Megan Fox become a werecat, a giant insect and a Turtle.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 2, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Not really a comic book movie,but might be of interest nonetheless to this thread:

http://gizmodo.com/proof-that-disney-is-marketing-zootopia-to-furries-1762472194

quote:

BuzzFeed News has obtained an email that a marketing agency working with Disney sent to the furry Meetup group Furlife, encouraging furries to post photos of themselves in fursuits to Twitter and Instagram with the movie hashtag, even offering posters or movie swag to those that do.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its smart as hell to market your kids movie to paedophiles

that way all the parents who take their kids to see it can be really comfortable around the fat nerds in smelly costumes wanking furiously in the darkened theatre

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

By the way, Will Smith is attached to another David Ayer movie after this. It's about a cop who is also an orc.

Ayer is also planning to film Suicide Squad 2, apparently being fasttracked because WB execs love what they're seeing, with Smith in 2017.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The MSJ posted:

By the way, Will Smith is attached to another David Ayer movie after this. It's about a cop who is also an orc.

Ayer is also planning to film Suicide Squad 2, apparently being fasttracked because WB execs love what they're seeing, with Smith in 2017.

So hes in a suicide squad...........too?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Transporter films are good to watch Jason Statham do lovely martial arts with his top off

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
And now, what we've all been waiting for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nah I'm good thanks.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Yeah me too, I've already seen Pixels.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

drat this movie looks funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntAEVjPBzQ

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you adjust for the fact that women comedians are only 87% as funny as men, this looks pretty good.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Imagine if they felt the need to explain the original characters like they do in the trailer.

"Peter, you're a fraud and horny guy, you could really help our Ghostbusting team."

"Winston, you're the straight man. You could really help this city."

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Tell the trooth

Will Smith is never going to get an Oscar now

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I like the part where the Black person is still the one who isn't smart

Oh, wait, I don't like that part

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ElGroucho posted:

I like the part where the Black person is still the one who isn't smart

Oh, wait, I don't like that part

She's street smart. :downs:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She's street smart. :downs:

And has an old Cadillac.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have to admit I defended the film before because people were angry about it being lady ghostbusters but now that we have actual material evidence of its quality it does indeed look like it will not be very good.

CGI is really pretty though

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No, but you see it's over a Chinese restaurant now, so there can be horrible racist stereotypes and scenes of the fat ones eating too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

"Ow. That's going to leave a mark!" lolololol

• Locked thread