Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

someone should swap Colin's smiling face in there

e: a good new page post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

CLAM DOWN posted:

Colin's smiling face

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

added to OP

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Dees Illustration

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

c'mon man, this thread is already bad enough without infecting it with politoons refs

leave it just a little dignity

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Schpyder posted:

leave it just a little dignity

Dude, that's been gone for a long while.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

If we had dignity we wouldn't be on something awful

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Dig-what?

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Dig-Nightie. I think it's what people wore to bed in the 50s.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN posted:

If we had dignity we wouldn't be on something awful

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

scrapper strong unit

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well here is something we should be proud of, apparently goon bad reputation is now linked to us loving around in GW2 and not just EVE. From a Black Desert reddit thread thinking that a goon is exploiting:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

the funniest thing in that post is the idea that Daum will take anything seriously

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
That bug was from launch like 4 years ago, still loving salty. SFD would cull themselves by stacking everyone in one spot.

If its in the game its allowed imo, just like mangogate.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

scrapper strong unit

this works for any class fyi, you're either in the free wins group or the one that always has a leaver/afker. you're in the former

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

That bug was from launch like 4 years ago, still loving salty. SFD would cull themselves by stacking everyone in one spot.

If its in the game its allowed imo, just like mangogate.

There were so many poo poo bugs from that era. Peering over walls, culling abuse, the stupid trebuchet one. People stay salty a long time

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
My favourite was sending stealth cats to the top of towers with guard.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I liked the time when we all hid in a chest and the enemy zerg ran right by us

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
haha yeah, post the pic arus hurry hurry

Aug 24, 2011

i liked switching the asura gates around and kidnapping the mystic forge npc

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

haha yeah, post the pic arus hurry hurry

I can't find it ugh

e: i did find a pic of our minion night

e2: and of Tivac

e3: nope can't find Arus Maneuver pics anywhere, I wonder if mesmer has any

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 2, 2016

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
If you're new and wondering what you could be working toward in terms of Masteries, the Supply Line Management mastery will let you access the Pact Supply Network Agents where you can spend some karma for an item (Pact Scout's Mapping Materials) that gives you the equivalent of 2 event completions. Every 8 weeks, currently 5 weeks from now, the zone Frostgorge Sound gets a really good combo of rewards so you can cash them out and get a nice cash bonus for your newly minted 80.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Sorry my bad, one day I shall be great too.

Aug 24, 2011

LiftAuff posted:

Sorry my bad, one day I shall be great too.

always respond to these with "im gay"

e: woah, SA word filter is live, boys

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
i'm gay

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
same

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

We know that there's something wrong with megaservers but we won't tell you what or what we're doing on the matter in question but it's alright because SUSAN is on the case.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Megaservers-8/first#post6019618

Aug 24, 2011

Azazell0 posted:

We know that there's something wrong with megaservers but we won't tell you what or what we're doing on the matter in question but it's alright because SUSAN is on the case.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Megaservers-8/first#post6019618

you mean ~Susan

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Dreggon posted:

you mean ~Susan

DEIFIC ~Susan

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
This post is not supposed to exist, sorry.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Holy gently caress how can a company be so monumentally incompetent at customer communication

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Holy gently caress how can a company be so monumentally incompetent at customer communication

Conflicting orders. "Tell them you're addressing the serious problems but also don't admit there's a serious problem. Give no details but make sure they know their specific issue is being addressed." Kind of like every other business I've ever worked for, tbh.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

There are people on reddit talking about how ungrateful we all are because they're fixing our problems :allears:

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
What's wrong with megaservers?

edit: seriously

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

knowonecanknow posted:

What's wrong with megaservers?

edit: seriously

They aren't working well with the HoT meta event maps. You need (a lot) more people in the map to complete the meta events than the megaservers system will natively put into a map, it has a habit of somewhat arbitrarily closing maps on people, and if it closes a map you're on, you lose all of your Participation (ie the number that drives whether you actually get rewards or not, which is built up by doing meta events).

To get a successful meta map rolling, you are pretty much required to taxi people in with LFG to fill the map - which is its own ball of terrible, as LFG is severely dysfunctional at the moment, exacerbating the problem.

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 3, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Star Citizen

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It puts in enough people to do the maps, it's just that it doesn't put in enough people who are likely to actually want to. If you could get more people to participate it would be fine, but half the people on any given map are going to want to do map completion or idle or take screenshots or run to their story mission or type fart jokes into chat, and those people aren't helping the event.

The closing seems to be the bigger issue. It doesn't seem to have any mechanism to stop a map closing if it gets full again, so sometimes you end up with more than enough people to do the events working and then they get kicked because gently caress you this instance only had twenty people in earlier and I don't see why we would want to check again, so they all lose their participation and event progress and time, making an already frustratingly rigid timer system even worse.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 3, 2016

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Megaservers did a lot of good, but they have a whole slew of issues that are kinda difficult if you still want to keep the pop in pop out sorta deal. I mean you could always do the gw1 style dropdown server list, but that's a lot of not having people readily get but in a server with dudes and poo poo. Also a lot of dedicated servers might be empty ect.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well I got my PC back.

But my video card is hosed and I'm running things off the chipset, I get a blistering 9 fps in queensdale and it looks like an early genesis game.

gently caress. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

We've been whining about communication, but check this out.

http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/98802888

A public issue tracker!

$10 says it doesn't last too long.

• Locked thread