Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
lol at people who have or plan to preorder the division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
why would you disrespect yourself enough to buy an ubi open world game

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I don't really care about people who are interested in the game or like playing it, but why would you preorder a game that was first shown at E3 2013 and not playable until six months ago, that also happens to be an Ubisoft online-only open world game, that the press will not be able to play before launch.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
for the same reasons we discussed in the giantbomb thread.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Bad Financial Decisions

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

a lot of y'alls posts should be censored and they definitely are not art

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Al! posted:

from what I played, the Division is sub-watch dogs

the co-op is fun but it just points the way for other, better games to do co-op

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

who doesnt like poking things with sharp sticks

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Ubisoft has gained my respect with Rainbow Six: Siege, and I will be pre-purchasing The Division accordingly.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

diamond dog posted:

Post faster please I keep running out of thread

vicar Amelia is a tough fight

my body is incredibly ready for dark souls 3

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

diamond dog posted:

Post faster please I keep running out of thread

games

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

i've been playing pillars of eternity again. conveniently the new expansion came out right as i picked it back up. it's good.
i am waiting for:
a) all the expansions to come out to buy the complete edition or w/e
b) myself to finish playing icewind dale 2 on my macbook
c) myself to finish playing divinity os ee on my ps4

i might be waiting a while for poe

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oops, cathedral ward is a lot harder to navigate when you have 15 insight

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ok I summoned henriett, easy game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:raise:

quote:

According to a rumor received by Destructoid this week, the game may actually come to fruition in the not-too-distant future. If the information is to be believed, Nintendo has pulled a Bayonetta 2, securing the Beyond Good and Evil sequel as an NX exclusive for 2017.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the incredible adventures of van helsing: final cut is quite underwhelming

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

second nintendo console in a row I buy for one game and leave to gather dust

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Got a repeater free kill to proc against a full health sectopod
:rice::wth::hellyeah::peanut::rock:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
was beyond good & evil the pokemon snap game but with pig-men

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Yeah it owned

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
was hoping this quote would end with bayonetta 3 :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Space-Pope posted:

was hoping this quote would end with bayonetta 3 :(

platinum wants to make bayonetta 3

bayonetta's in smash

she has an amiibo

platinum and nintendo have been collaborating a lot in the last 5 years

it might happen!!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Dodoman posted:

the incredible adventures of van helsing: final cut is quite underwhelming

i played the first entry in the series and it was decent fun for a bit but the tower defense sections were pure poo poo and by the end of it it was ready to never play it again

and it ended on a "to be continued." fert

e: i like the titty ghost lady

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
yay!

cgs: bought the new master of orion on early access, because im desperate for a space 4x, and unwilling to give money to stardock. i only played a little bit of moo2 way back, so most of the specific series things are unfamiliar to me

i tried my first game as mrrshan, the race of cat people. their backstory is basically that they're a species of vicious hunters from like a sarengeti planet, and are constantly looking for new things to hunt and kill. they also act like narcissistic assholes

what an accurate cat race

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I played a lot of MoO3 because I was too young to know it was bad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how depressing is it that stardock gets to make star control

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wait, wahts the popular beef with stardock?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

other than their games being bad?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well the man who runs it is a huge piece of garbage who legally intimidated the woman he sexually harassed into silence

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

Brad,

I wanted to talk to you about some of the events that happened on our media tour on 5/27/2010 to San Francisco, CA. This past week has been an emotional rollercoaster for me and I’ve struggled about some of the things you said and did at dinner on Wednesday, 5/29/2010. Dinner ended up being extremely awkward and I really feel that I need to address what happened. As a professional working for you, I would really appreciate it, if in the future you would please refrain from the following behaviors:

Please never touch my hair or any of my body parts; not even jokingly.
Please do not talk about my private life or about my boyfriend/future husband in any terms especially negative terms.
Please be careful with your “jokes” which are at many times inappropriate, sexist, vulgar and very embarrassing not only to me, but everyone present.
Please keep your negative personal opinions of others (including family members and/or coworkers) not present at the time of your comments, to yourself. I feel, at times, it puts me in a very uncomfortable position.

With the above few behavioral changes, I’m hoping our previously friendly and professional relationship can be reestablished. My goal from day one (June 04, 2007) has been to work for this company 110% and to work together with my peers to build a high quality, successful company. I would like to continue to work with you in the future and keep striving towards that very goal.

Respectfully,

Alexandra Miseta

quote:

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for bringing these up to me as I certainly do not want you to feel uncomfortable at work.

I don’t recall item #1 but will certainly endeavor to be extra careful.

I understand #2. I will be more conscious of this in the future.

#3, however is not acceptable to me. I am an inappropriate, sexist, vulgar, and embarrassing person and I’m not inclined to change my behavior. If this is a problem, you will need to find another job.

#4, Again, I am not willing to adapt my behavior to suit others. IF you find my behavior problematic, I recommend finding another job.

I’m not some manager or coworker of yours. I own the company. It, and your job here, exist to suit my purposes, not vice versa. The company is not an end unto itself, it is a means to an end which is to further the objectives of its shareholders (in this case, me).

While I certainly agree that your rights as a person (certainly in terms of physical contact or interms of comments made towards you regarding your private live) take precedence over my rights as the owner of the business, that is as far as it goes.

I sincerely apologize for offending you while on our trip. I certainly would never intentionally try to upset you or make you uncomfortable and will endeavor to avoid doing so in the future. However, I won’t change my basic personality to suit anyone (i.e. being an inappropriate, sexist, vulgar and embarrassing person).

Kind regards,

Brad

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Al! posted:

well the man who runs it is a huge piece of garbage who legally intimidated the woman he sexually harassed into silence
jfc. yeah, this is bad. the games themselves are not really al that bad, to be honest, though i havent played some of them

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tldr?

e: finished reading :psypop:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 3, 2016

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The CEO is a piece of poo poo but his company makes decent to good games. Personally I keep buying them because he's going to get paid whether I buy his game or not.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

forbidden woods is just a huge area

hard to make a mental map of it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dodoman posted:

The CEO is a piece of poo poo but his company makes decent to good games. Personally I keep buying them because he's going to get paid whether I buy his game or not.

you could always pirate them if you like them but disagree with his point. personally if I want to play a middling strategy game I'll just play endless something

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

cant wait for nx to try to live alongside 3ds, wii u, get a virtual console of eternal darkness or w/e

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dodoman posted:

The CEO owns the company. His pay literally depends on you buying the game or not. That's how he makes money - by you giving money to the company he owns.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Al! posted:

you could always pirate them if you like them but disagree with his point. personally if I want to play a middling strategy game I'll just play endless something
endless legend is amazing, endless space is barely mediocre

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/705424630782111744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

150$ for the game + a figure of literally the most generic space fighter imaginable.

• Locked thread