Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I want to see the brokered convention

it's the only fitting ending to this primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Totalizator posted:

they will wake up every day checking their twitter in terror until the day he dies.

This is why I'll vote Trump.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Neocon shill on FOXNEWS saying Trump's foreign policy is closer to Obama's than George W Bush.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

I want to see the brokered convention

roger stone has been waiting for a brokered convention like this his entire life

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The New Black posted:

Can you explain for those of us who don't know anything about public healthcare policy?

Dogstoyevsky kind of covered it, but its pretty much includes every Republican counterproposal to the ACA in the last few years. The sops to actually effecting affordable healthcare have no relevance to the poor or working class. Like the deduction for health care premiums, guess what, it has no relevance to people too poor to pay income tax, about 43% of the population, which will instead be hit by his proposals like Medicaid block grants, a ruse to allow state governments to kick poor people off the program.

Presumably his plan does away with the protections found in the ACA, such as making insurance companies accept people with pre-existing conditions, and a limit to how much people can pay for their health care coverage.

The cross state thing will basically allow the state with the most lax regulations on insurance companies decide insurance company regulation for the entire country.

HSAs, as noted before, is a fraud.

The only thing in there that isn't a violent assault on the poor is the drug importation point. Even that can be seen as an attempt at loosening FDA oversight on new drugs and procedures.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the ACA also placed a number of new taxes on people making over 250K (at least its around that number, I think) to pay for things like expanded Medicaid. That's toast too under Trump's plan, along with the expanded Medicaid for the poor and struggling.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 3, 2016

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I hope Trump after getting 51%+ will deal with protesters at the convention the same way he does at his rallies.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The only way this ends is Rubio is selected as the nominee, Trump in a petulant rage runs independent, Hillary gets indicted by the FBI, Bernie Sanders wins the presidency in a landslide~

quote this in January 2017

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

if they've basically conceded the nomination then why attack trump so hard? it's not like the base is gonna forget it.

they probably want to lose so they can do the "told you so" finger wag and take the party back for the "grown-ups"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Montasque posted:

Neocon shill on FOXNEWS saying Trump's foreign policy is closer to Obama's than George W Bush.

*wrings hands* oh, surely not?!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

yes, this certainly seems like a reasonable thing to do

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Rubio is scum. He's admitted there's no way to get the nomination legitimately and doesn't care if he gets it by ratfucking.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

they probably want to lose so they can do the "told you so" finger wag and take the party back for the "grown-ups"

so they basically learned nothing from romney limping to the finish line in 2012?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

are y'all ready for Big Mitt

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

a shameful boehner posted:

The only way this ends is Rubio is selected as the nominee, Trump in a petulant rage runs independent, Hillary gets indicted by the FBI, Bernie Sanders wins the presidency in a landslide~

quote this in January 2017

You could probably get 10,000:1 odds on that.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Montasque posted:

man they're so out of touch and deluded

im pretty sure they wake up thinking they're in an alternate reality where they still live in the 00s and the Iraq War was technically won

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Homework Explainer posted:

i'm ready for a mormon to call someone bigoted

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the only thing objectionable about Trump to these idiots is that he golfs at the wrong country clubs and is insufficiently clinical and detached while discussing his favorite atrocities

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Homework Explainer posted:

Bust out the Oven Mitt cos here comes his hot take on a plate

Malachy
Dec 20, 2013
Mitt calls baby's a crop, still doesn't understand why people see him as unfeeling sociopath.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

Bust out the Oven Mitt cos here comes his hot take on a plate

Mitt opens his mouth and disgorges a huge ream of dot matrix printouts

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
yawwwwnnnnn

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

the only thing objectionable about Trump to these idiots is that he golfs at the wrong country clubs and is insufficiently clinical and detached while discussing his favorite atrocities

Scotland was definitely one of those wrong country clubs

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
what was the election that had the most ratfucking and how can this election in 2016 take the crown it so rightly deserves?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Who let the Dogs out, Trump did. - Miltontoa$tque "Mitten" RMoney

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

AllanGordon posted:

what was the election that had the most ratfucking and how can this election in 2016 take the crown it so rightly deserves?

1972 had an actual criminal conspiracy, i don't think that title's going away any time soon

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

AllanGordon posted:

Nixon engineered the selection of George McGovern through an intensive dirty tricks operation

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is a good speech I think

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Mitt hitting Trump on his inheritance is everything.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

:mitt:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
serious policies.... Ted Cruz.... really mitt?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

nachos posted:

serious policies.... Ted Cruz.... really mitt?

uhhhh seriously?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hahahahhha Mitt just called for tactical voting against Trump

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

"No he isn't [a big business success], and no he doesn't [know what he's talking about]". Oh he's just kicking the bear now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I mean I don't know what it accomplishes but it is nice to listen to

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/705431787539791872

oh please oh please oh please

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Did he just endorse three candidates at once?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

It'll be fun when Hillary wins and the 2018 midterm elections have nothing but Tea Party: The Reckoning candidates who fracture the party even more than 2010. There will be blood in the streets. Not a return to the GOP establishment like they hope. Trump will seem patently mild compared to the Congressional insanity to come. Look at Robert Morrow and imagine him with real power and influence. That will be every other new Republican Congressional member in 2018. The real GOP implosion is yet to come.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

How Mitt views himself

How everyone views Mitt

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im not able to watch this thing, is Mitt Romney seriously trying to sell us on Ted Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AllanGordon posted:

'68 and probably not

• Locked thread