Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

spoon0042 posted:

Also, did Trump seriously brag about his "sexual exploits" in the Vietnam War era because... I really don't know how to respond to that.

quote:

“I saw things happening there that to this day, I have never seen again,” Trump told O’Brien. “I would watch supermodels getting screwed, well-known supermodels getting screwed on a bench in the middle of the room. There were seven of them and each one was getting screwed by a different guy. This was in the middle of the room.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...risoner-of-war/

The horror. The horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Josh Lyman posted:

There is the whole Mormon prophecy of someone who will come in on a white horse and save America.

Does the white Horse dance?

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I can't wait to read about this election. Historians are going to have a field day.

lol you think "historians" will be allowed to exist in the Trumpenreich

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

vyelkin posted:

I'm not saying they won't do it, the last six months has shown that they have no clue how to deal with the Trump Revolt. I'm saying it's a terrible idea. But then again, they are the Republican Party. Terrible ideas are their bread and butter.

The funny thing is they had a means to effectively deal with the Trump revolt. They just waited til like literally the weekend before Super Tuesday to start doing it.

Trump has taken some real damage recently, it just might have been too little to late, especially with other donor's being unwilling to spend money against Trump.

If they would have killed Trump early rather than using him to get ratings and eyes on the Debates expecting him to self destruct on his own, they wouldn't be in this situation.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The force ghost of Reagan, realized through a Tupac-esque hologram?

Already been done.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

axeil posted:

This is like Theon's escape from the Boltons in Game of Thrones.

Which ended with him getting castrated so uh...I kinda hope it doesn't end like that.
It's Joni Ernst time, motherfuckers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

2020 or 2024 if she doesn't implode before then.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Massasoit posted:

What about all the jobs the insurance industry creates?

"What about all the jobs Dachau creates?" - probably someone in Germany, 1945

In short, I don't give a gently caress. If your job is detrimental to society and obsolete you can do something else.

See also: coal miners.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Dexo posted:

I mean yeah. I don't get why the Establishment thinks loving Romney was a good choice to do this. Have him endorse Cruz/Rubio or whoever. but don't have him attack Trump.

Trump is going to roast this man into Jeb Bush territory.

The worst part is this:

Romney, 4 years ago posted:

"There are some things that you just can’t imagine happening in your life. This is one of them. Being in Donald Trump’s magnificent hotel and having his endorsement is a delight. I’m so honored and pleased to have his endorsement.”

There's no way to read Mitt's statements on Trump in 2016 and compare them to the way he gushed over Trump's endorsement in 2012 without him, and by extension the establishment, looking like a colossal rat.

Either you hate Trump and he's a rat for previously cozying up to him while bearing the mantle of religious piety when it suited him and only denouncing him when it was too late or you love Trump and he's a rat for stabbing your candidate in the back at the behest of your cabal.

And Trump's making drat sure that everyone remembers his 2012 endorsement.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Looks like the feds are still cleaning up after the Oregon standoff. Hilariously three of those arrested are a part of some group called "Veterans for Trump."

https://twitter.com/cominer/status/705438473080012801
FBI Arrests Tea Party Activist Jerry Delemus

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its like facts only exist when Trump can use them and don't matter for anything else. They have created the perfect Republican and cannot stop him from ripping the game from the right establishment's hands.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Gosh guys, hearing the guy who proudly belongs to a church that banned blacks until 1978 tear down a guy who was endorsed by the KKK sure swayed my opinion

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

2020 or 2024 if she doesn't implode before then.
The joke is that Chris Christie is shaped like a hog.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trump is terrible but I'm totally enjoying him destroy garbage like JEB, Rubio and Romney and their pathetic attempts to steer the ship back towards the "Responsible" type of conservatism.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

CPAC is currently 15 minutes behind schedule but Wayne LaPierre is coming on to speak after the current awful panel and he always has amazing apocalyptic speeches

be sure to join us in the thread

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Northjayhawk posted:

If Trump gets a majority of delegates, we may have one anyway, if they decide to change the rules and unbind all the delegates.

That won't win the election since the Trump voters will riot, but at that point it can still make sense if you are the GOP. Trump at the head of your ticket would be an epic loving disaster, and could actually lose you the house, and who knows how much damage that hasn't already been inflicted for a generation. If you swap him out for a clean-cut well-spoken harmless latino Rubio at the top of the ticket through skullduggery, Hillary still wins because of a Trump revolt, but maybe you can salvage congress and protect the GOP's brand somewhat. You could even defiantly brag that you destroyed that evil racist demagogue for bonus PR.

The GOP is not going to go nuclear on itself if Trump is looking like the nominee. They'll change rules afterwards to try and control the process more in the future but if Trump goes in to the convention with the majority of delegates either they convince him not to run, somehow, or they accept him as the nominee unless they want to give up the presidency to the Dems and possibly some congressional races due to the chaos that would result in a gently caress Trump action. Just because they shifted things last-second to deny Ron Paul a chance to speak in 2012 doesn't mean they can safely oust the frontrunner in 2016.

Hollismason posted:

If Trump wins Florida then it's I think time to say that's all she wrote.

He's going to win Florida and probably Ohio and at that point Kaisch and Rubio are finished if they haven't given up by then. I'm angry at how many people actually buy in to the "Kaisch the moderate" bullshit though. It doesn't take much effort to read about him and see that no, he's just as right wing as the others. He's just not a loud evangelical on the level of Cruz, Huckster, and Santorum.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

So do most of us, now if only we could turn that into a movement to repeal the 22nd amendment.

Thanks to that amendment instead of a 3rd Clinton term we ended up with Fuckup jr. No idea what the 2004 election would've looked like but I'd be amazed if Obama wouldn't have run away with it in 2008 unless Bill was running for a 5th term or something.

They're finally going to start rounding up all those Bundy Ranch shitheads?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
In more anecdotal evidence of Fox's shift (last night Hannity), Eric Bolling is currently pushing a narrative of backing Trump and questioning "Why he's doing it" in regards to Romney. Meghan McCain is discussing the only path being a brokered convention against a Trump nomination but immediately discussing that it'd fracture the party. The rest of the Fox cast is disparaging the idea and further questioning the wisdom of Mitt Romney's attack.

:munch:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Gosh guys, hearing the guy who proudly belongs to a church that banned blacks until 1978 tear down a guy who was endorsed by the KKK sure swayed my opinion

Who what now? I fell asleep during his speech.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

DemeaninDemon posted:

Who what now? I fell asleep during his speech.

Romney v. Trump

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Holy poo poo, Trump is holding a rally in my town next week. Can't loving wait.

:munch::munch::munch:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/705448270462590976

Man, That seems kinda lit.

How can I join those college republicans again?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Oh my god college republicans really are the scourge.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

LeeMajors posted:

"What about all the jobs Dachau creates?" - probably someone in Germany, 1945

In short, I don't give a gently caress. If your job is detrimental to society and obsolete you can do something else.

See also: coal miners.

gently caress you too pal. I work for a not-for-profit insurance company. We don't drop people for garbage reasons, and embraced PPACA early in it's inception. We run not at a profit, but at a ($33m in 2015 for my divison alone) loss to make sure people get their coverage. So stuff your Dachau comparison up your rear end.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Talmonis posted:

gently caress you too pal. I work for a not-for-profit insurance company. We don't drop people for garbage reasons, and embraced PPACA early in it's inception. We run not at a profit, but at a ($33m in 2015 for my divison alone) loss to make sure people get their coverage. So stuff your Dachau comparison up your rear end.

Yes I'm sure that this is typical of how insurance companies operate and therefore extremely relevant to the issue.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

e: while making that, i noticed that she has lipstick on her teeth in her official photo and no one bothered to photoshop it out lol

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Dexo posted:

We've hit Peak White

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Talmonis posted:

Sorry you work for an industry that largely fleeces the American public and should be severely neutered or dead in a civilized nation.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm angry at how many people actually buy in to the "Kaisch the moderate" bullshit though. It doesn't take much effort to read about him and see that no, he's just as right wing as the others. He's just not a loud evangelical on the level of Cruz, Huckster, and Santorum.

I honestly think I'd rather take my chances with President Trump than have President Kasich. Imagine if Ted Cruz knew when to shut up and bide his time. That's Kasich.

quote:

Thanks to that amendment instead of a 3rd Clinton term we ended up with Fuckup jr. No idea what the 2004 election would've looked like but I'd be amazed if Obama wouldn't have run away with it in 2008 unless Bill was running for a 5th term or something.

I'd argue that we also have that amendment to thank for not living in the radioactive ashes of Reagan's third term so it's a bit of a wash.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Yes I'm sure that this is typical of how insurance companies operate and therefore extremely relevant to the issue.

We have 52% of the MD, DC, Northern Virginia area market share. Yes, it's relevant. You don't know what you're talking about. Not every company is for profit scum like Anthem.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dexo posted:

Burn it. Purge the wicked in flame. Leave nothing but ash.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BonoMan posted:

Holy poo poo, Trump is holding a rally in my town next week. Can't loving wait.

:munch::munch::munch:

You should go. They are crushingly depressing.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Talmonis posted:

We have 52% of the MD, DC, Northern Virginia area market share. Yes, it's relevant. You don't know what you're talking about. Not every company is for profit scum like Anthem.

Ok, fine. Why is your industry necessary, in your opinion?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Dexo posted:

This is like one of those furry dance-offs.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Talmonis posted:

Did you ever wonder why your company is operating at a loss by doing the 'right thing?'

Because your system depends on taking advantage of human misery to survive.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

showbiz_liz posted:

Ok, fine. Why is your industry necessary, in your opinion?

Currently it's to mitigate the massive costs of medical care that are largely driven by out of control hospital pricing (of which there is no standard or regulation).

However, the industry itself is busted as hell and needs severe regulation (my company is under such regulation, but it could be more). I'd prefer to be nationalized as part of the administration of a mass medicare expansion.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I honestly think I'd rather take my chances with President Trump than have President Kasich. Imagine if Ted Cruz knew when to shut up and bide his time. That's Kasich.

I'd argue that we also have that amendment to thank for not living in the radioactive ashes of Reagan's third term so it's a bit of a wash.

Sam Bee had a good bit on John Kasich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6y_AeJXUdM

Basically, the other candidates are in positions where they whine and scream and throw their toys out of the pram about how they want to get awful stuff done but the mean old people in charge won't let them. John Kasich quietly and calmly finds bipartisan, compromising ways to get awful stuff done. He would be a very scary president. I mean, all of these guys would be, but Kasich somehow got an undeserved reputation as a moderate that makes him extra scary because a lot of pressure would be put on Democrats to work with him because hey, the GOP elected a moderate, wasn't that great of them?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Burn it. Purge the wicked in flame. Leave nothing but ash.

Trumps got you covered on that actually.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/705452521783885824

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

LeeMajors posted:

Did you ever wonder why your company is operating at a loss by doing the 'right thing?'

Because your system depends on taking advantage of human misery to survive.

Do you know what a nonprofit organization is you loving moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mr Hootington posted:

You should go. They are crushingly depressing.

I actually want to. But it's in Mississippi so I fear there's an added level of "you might not make it out alive"-ness to it.

• Locked thread