Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Schnorkles posted:

What do you suppose the debate tonight is going to look like?

An absolute poo poo show. I really have no idea beyond that.

E: Fox seems friendly but who knows how this will play out tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Three Olives posted:

Why is Mexico such a shithole if their politicians are so much smarter than ours?

All their talent is probably leaking over the border because there isn't a wall.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

you go to DUBAI, you go to QATAR, you go to

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

QuoProQuid posted:

Trump is the new Andrew Jackson

Does this mean that Trump is going to get gifted a ridiculously big wheel of cheese that stinks up all of Washington?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Why would China need to seek the US approval for something they are doing in the South China sea?

God he just says poo poo and his supports just lap it up.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i didn't really think the establishment would go third party until today, guess i better not hype myself up, still probably won't happen

right??????

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i do respect his dedication to calling laguardia airport a shithole

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

An absolute poo poo show. I really have no idea beyond that.

E: Fox seems friendly but who knows how this will play out tonight.

I think Trump, probably correctly, predicts that Fox being super aggressive will allow him to play off how bad and terrible the media is. This is a winning line of attack with supporters of him and apparently the republican party in general so...

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Tonight's debate is going to be poisonous. I think there is a decent chance that Trump announces that he has won and then walks off the stage.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Why would China need to seek the US approval for something they are doing in the South China sea?

Because he intends to put us back into 20th century mode, and intends to kill other countries citizens if they do not heel.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

this election has pretty much been summed up by this mornings events:

Romney: *eloquent focused 20 minute speech"
Trump: "suck my loving dick"

~fin~

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

3O, don't spoil the fun of this with serious complaints.

If you're going to ruin the party, get the gently caress out.

This is a comedy show, and we're enjoying the wreck. Do the same with us or gently caress off.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

sharkbomb posted:

Tonight's debate is going to be poisonous. I think there is a decent chance that Trump announces that he has won and then walks off the stage.

Mitt Romney comes from the back with a chair.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Look at you hacks

Pathetic creatures of triangulation and diplomacy

Panting and sweating as you stumble through my primary

How can you challenge a beautiful, really great, just wonderful candidate?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Waste, fraud and abuse - key drivers of our poor educational outcomes.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Three Olives posted:

The relevant parts of the South China Sea is disputed territory and claimed by the Philippines and Vietnam iirc. When it comes to things on the water, our ludicrous military budget really shines.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Because he intends to put us back into 20th century mode, and intends to kill other countries citizens if they do not heel.

Trump would actually use nuclear weapons. Possibly on Canada.

well, he'd give the order and then get immediately sidelined and impeached

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

sharkbomb posted:

Christie comes on stage and pedigrees Cruz , Trump choke slams Rubio, and then they both shotgun a six pack of coors light

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

oystertoadfish posted:

i didn't really think the establishment would go third party until today, guess i better not hype myself up, still probably won't happen

right??????

At this point anyone who tells you definitively one way or the other is bullshitting you.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lum_ posted:

Trump would actually use nuclear weapons. Possibly on Canada.

well, he'd give the order and then get immediately sidelined and impeached

They deserve it imo

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i do respect his dedication to calling laguardia airport a shithole

It really is a dump.

Schnorkles posted:

I think Trump, probably correctly, predicts that Fox being super aggressive will allow him to play off how bad and terrible the media is. This is a winning line of attack with supporters of him and apparently the republican party in general so...

Conventional wisdom would dictate that Trump do that...

Tonight Rubio has to answer for a lot of the insults he was throwing on the trail and Fox is going to bring that up.... It's going to be insane.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
South China Sea is claimed by Vietnam and is right off the coast of Airbase Manila.

Trump makes an alliance with our old pal Hanoi. Get stumped, China.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
It looks like there were only about 100 people at that rally.

Maine is shameful.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Trump couldn't give an order to drop nukes because two words into the order he'd go off on a tangent about how the Trump brand nukes work better and are just really great, a fabulous product, so much better than what else is out there.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump probably intends to sink the PRC's lone carrier, and will obliterate any Russians, in a military uniform or not, in Ukraine with drone strikes.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Hmm, I mean, on the one hand, Donald doesn't seem to have a whole lot of concrete plans about what he's going to do. On the other hand, I really like to win. I like winning. I feel like, as someone who enjoys winning, Trump is the candidate for me. You never hear the other candidates talking about how much winning we're gonna do when they're president, compared to how little winning we do now.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
welp, that certainly was a speech

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Trump notes, Portland, Maine, edition, for those who don't want to wade through 300+ posts:
--Paul Lepage (who has endorsed Trump) comes onto stage to a chorus of boos. A man yells, "He's a racist!"
--Lepage on Lepage: ""People say I am a lot like Donald Trump."
--As Trump takes the stage the stream hits 30,000 viewers
--Multiple people yelling out "vote Sanders;" Trump: "Get 'em out, please."
--On Maine: "That’s some piece of land, can I buy some please?"
--On Rubio's voting record: "The worst voting record in the history of the state of Florida."
--On the heroin epidemic: "How is that possible? Everything is so beautiful…The problem is our southern border."
--On Romney's speech: "I'll just address it quickly, 'cause it's irrelevant. Mitt is a failed candidate. He failed. He failed horribly. That was a race, I have to say, folks, that should have been won."
--On his endorsement of Romney: "You can see how loyal he was. He was begging for my endorsement. I could've said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees,' and he would've done it!"
--On Romney: "Mitt was afraid of Jeb." [yowza]
--On Jeb: "Now that he's out, I'll say he's a good salesman. He's a high energy salesman!"
--On Romney: "The real reason he chickened out was me."
--On Hillary: "She called me sexist, and I hit her with the husband! That was the last time I heard 'sexist.'"
--The livestream has hit 40,000 viewers
--On Rubio: "He's a choke artist...That was one of the great chokes I've ever seen. I was getting ready to grab him, because I thought he was going down!"
--On protestors: "GET 'EM OUT!"
--Trump: "This school had a 98% approval rating...it's got an 'A,' an 'A' from the Better Business Bureau." Audience man: "That's bullshit! It's getting a D+ now!" [Actually fluctuated between A+ and D-, and currently has no rating]
--On trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me. I made so much more money than Mitt. I have a store that's worth more money than Mitt." [Gucci on 5th]
--On Romney's speech: "It was very nasty. I thought he was a better person than that."
--Trump complaining that Romney ruined his carpeting: "And nobody thanked me for the carpet!"
--On Tiger Woods: "He's going to be better, he’s going to be fine."
--On what happens if Trump loses on Saturday, having skipped the Doral golf tournament to be in Maine: "So if I don't win on Saturday I'll say, 'Boy, was that a mistake.'"
--On the wall: "Should I name it after myself?"
--On the wall: "Properly done, walls work."
--On Hispanics: "The Hispanics are a phenomenal people."
--On Mexicans: "I love the Mexicans!"
--On temperament: "When you have incoming, you can't be too presidential. I'll act presidential, but if I get hit, I'm going to hit them back harder."
--On millions of dollars: "I got a tiny amount of money from my father."
--On LaGuardia airport: "Ugh, LaGuardia."

Basically Mitt gave Trump a fresh, new punching bag to get his supporters even more loving revved up. Nice job, Mitt.

Here's a selection of trains from the sidebar:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

Conventional wisdom would dictate that Trump do that...

Tonight Rubio has to answer for a lot of the insults he was throwing on the trail and Fox is going to bring that up.... It's going to be insane.

You make two excellent points.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
i agree with the other posters, i liked the parts about the winning and the blowjobs

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

It looks like there were only about 100 people at that rally.

Maine is shameful.

well theres, what, 5000 people in maine?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

At this point anyone who tells you definitively one way or the other is bullshitting you.

Yeah, no one loving knows what is going to happen because no one ever thought this would happen. I think everyone expected Trump to fade or fuckup and an establishment(ish) guy could get the nomination or that the establishment would give in and endorse Trump. I don't think people were expecting Trump to win, but have huge swathes of Republicans attacking him and directly saying to not vote for him (as opposed to just endorsing other guys)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/705481784104984577

Election 2016: TRIGGER WARNING

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think the GOPe is too servile and gutless to follow through on any of these threats

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Xenophon posted:

--On the wall: "Properly done, walls work."

this is hilarious viewed through a historian lens

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I loved it.

Not because there was anything of substance said, but because of the utter lack of substance. That was like getting high in high school and sitting on the back porch at 3 a.m. and everyone explaining their solutions to all of the world's problems using absolutely nonsensical, tangential rhetoric.

Mitt on his knees, the people of Maine knowing their marble versus terrazza, how he could be hanging out with Rory and Tiger (don't worry, Tiger will be fine)...

It was the ultimate in unintentional stream-of-thought comedy.

Letting him just let loose with the verbal diarrhea with no constraints as far as having to make salient points or answer actual questions is the best.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

paranoid randroid posted:

i think the GOPe is too servile and gutless to follow through on any of these threats

This isn't the democrats we're talking about, Republican political operatives are all about dirty tricks and ratfucking opponents

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mitt is a choke artist on his knees

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Watching that livestream with all the chat was rather fun. Best election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
This election is stupid enough that Jesse Ventura could win the presidency.

• Locked thread