Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Patter Song posted:

New Kirby 3DS game.

I haven't yet played Triple Deluxe, but I want to. Is it good?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Patter Song posted:

New Kirby 3DS game.

Absolutely.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Patter Song posted:

New Kirby 3DS game.

It's real good and makes some clever use of 3D.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone see the SNES on the eshop yet?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
eShop news from the Direct:

-SNES games are coming to Virtual Console on New 3DS! Super Mario World & Earthbound out today, 2 more games each week for the next 3 weeks with a 'buy 1, get the other half-off" launch-week promo.

-Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge (Wii U/3DS) will launch in NA at select retailers (amiibo pack-in) on March 25 and on the eShop on April 28. Free to download, requires amiibos to play/unlock all content.

-Super Mario Maker content update out March 9; adds keys/locks and other features.

-Splatoon balance update out March 9; recommended weapon loadout updates starting from April.

-Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) is getting DLC content and a season pass; the season pass will cover all 4 DLC packs and include an exclusive Ganon costume. Owners of both the Wii U and 3DS versions will get Medli for free.

-Bravely Second demo out May 14 in NA, or May 7 if you're part of some Best Buy thing

-PAL demos released today: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Yokai Watch

-Lost Reavers (Wii U) is going into "open beta" from April 14 and will "launch" on April 28. Free to play.

-Pocket Card Jockey (3DS), Game Freaks solitaire/horse racing game from a few weeks back, out in NA "this May"

-Azure Striker 2 (3DS) out "this summer"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone see the SNES on the eshop yet?

Yep; bought Super Mario World while the direct was still happening, F-Zero shortly thereafter.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

jivjov posted:

Yep; bought Super Mario World while the direct was still happening, F-Zero shortly thereafter.

I'm guessing theres no discount if you already own them on wiiu, god forbid they're crossbuy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jivjov posted:

Huh...I looked and didnt' see them. Did you have to directly search? Are prices dropped if you bought on another system?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DiabloStarCraft posted:

I'm guessing theres no discount if you already own them on wiiu, god forbid they're crossbuy

Waltzing Along posted:

Huh...I looked and didnt' see them. Did you have to directly search? Are prices dropped if you bought on another system?

I just pulled up the "New Arrivals" list and there they were. And no; no cross-platform discount. $7.99 each.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

jivjov posted:

I just pulled up the "New Arrivals" list and there they were. And no; no cross-platform discount. $7.99 each.

Oh there they are on the EU store. They want £9 for Earthbound, for fucks sake.

I might get Super Mario though. I wonder if that 50% off promotion is up and running yet

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Okay, NA SNES n3DS VC lineup is as follows:

now: SMW, Pilotwings, F-Zero
next week: Earthbound, Mario Kart, DKC
week after: DKC2, Super Metroid, LTTP

PAL SNES n3DS VC lineup:
now: SMW, Earthbound
next week: LTTP, Super Metroid
week after: F-Zero, Mario Kart
week #4: DKC, DKC2

PAL gets the "buy 1, get 1 half-off" promo, NA doesn't?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Okay, NA SNES n3DS VC lineup is as follows:

now: SMW, Pilotwings, F-Zero
next week: Earthbound, Mario Kart, DKC
week after: DKC2, Super Metroid, LTTP

PAL SNES n3DS VC lineup:
now: SMW, Earthbound
next week: LTTP, Super Metroid
week after: F-Zero, Mario Kart
week #4: DKC, DKC2

PAL gets the "buy 1, get 1 half-off" promo, NA doesn't?

Shame there's no DKC3. Its my least favorite of the trilogy...but still a good game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
oh, and Japan's confirmed "coming soon" lineup:

plus this:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

oh, and Japan's confirmed "coming soon" lineup:

plus this:

drat; Japan gets the best stuff :(

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
OK so if you're in the UK and am a terrible person like me and want both Super Mario and Earthbound buy Super Mario first and you'll save like £1.
£7.19 + 4.49 = 11.68 vs £8.99 + 3.60 = 12.59
Such great savings.

DiabloStarCraft fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 4, 2016

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Is PAL SMW the 60Hz version?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NCL also announced they're publishing Shovel Knight in Japan - it'll be out on 3DS and Wii U eShops on June 30 for 2000yen. They're also releasing the amiibo for 1500yen and a 3DS retail version bundled with the amiibo for 3500yen. About drat time!

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I don't know how to tell. The music doesn't seem slow like Sonic on PAL did.

Earthbound never got an EU release so that's gotta be running at 60hz though.

DiabloStarCraft fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 4, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They said they'd be the US versions in the Direct.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Yep. US versions.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
Definitely turn original resolution on. It looks like the games are stretched by default, only horizontally. I'm trying to see if there are any neat features like the mode where you can see a gameboy you get with gameboy VC games, but no luck so far.

edit: Tried all the button combinations that aren't used by the OS. Nothing I can find.

DiabloStarCraft fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 4, 2016

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Dammit Japan.

We will never, ever get Fire Emblem 4 on the VC. :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is Ghost Recon Shadow Wars worth it for $7.50? Metacritic has it scored at about 77.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Is Ghost Recon Shadow Wars worth it for $7.50? Metacritic has it scored at about 77.

It's supposed to be an alright SRPG, certainly worth 7.50 at least. Heard of crashing issues back in 2011, but it might've gotten patched.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Patter Song posted:

New Kirby 3DS game.

If possible rent it. It's fun and all but it'll take you about 2-3 hours to 100% it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, it's worth getting. It mostly got bashed for being a very blatant "let's move this DS game to 3DS for launch"-type game but it's fine besides.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So there's no discount deal for the US for the SNES VC games, right? I want to grab Earthbound but a discount would sway me to grab SMW and/or DKC as well, but if there isn't one I'm probably just sticking with EB alone.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Holy crap...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

its a great srpg. slow start though!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow Wars is really fun and mostly suffers from rear end graphics and a pretty dull storyline. If you're in it for the gameplay though it's quite good and shares a pretty reasonable linage with X-Com. It actually feels a lot like the new XCOM reboot in a lot of ways.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I wonder if there will be some way to get my save over from the Wii U to the 3DS, I am in the desert on the Wii U version :(

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I really hope next month they don't do something like make Earthbound 2 NEW 3ds exclusive.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kelp Plankton posted:

So there's no discount deal for the US for the SNES VC games, right? I want to grab Earthbound but a discount would sway me to grab SMW and/or DKC as well, but if there isn't one I'm probably just sticking with EB alone.

Correct; as of right now there is no cross platform discount or buy-multiple-games discount

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Jesus... SMW is $11.29 on the Canadian eShop.

Looks like I'll only buy the ones I absolutely want the most on my 3DS (Earthbound, Super Metroid and Link to the Past, basically)

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yep, between the terrible Canadian exchange rate and the lack of cross-buy or discount, there's no reason for me to ever get a SNES game for 3DS that I already have on Wii U. Maybe the NX will finally unify this stuff, but as it stands, no sale.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Is the sound in Super Mario World super hosed on n3DS for everybody else? Mine is all kinds of static-y and off time, but everything else sound-wise is fine for the system.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess. After rebooting the system it's fine now. Weird.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 4, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

snes only on N3DS is a bummer since there's no way I'm buying a new one just for those. especially when I own most of them on wiiu anyway. no crossbuy discount is loving laughable.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

MinibarMatchman posted:

snes only on N3DS is a bummer since there's no way I'm buying a new one just for those. especially when I own most of them on wiiu anyway. no crossbuy discount is loving laughable.

Apparently on homebrew snes emulation on the 3ds is a total shitshow and even on an N3DS its not great, so maybe theres a reason they're N3DS only

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Apparently on homebrew snes emulation on the 3ds is a total shitshow and even on an N3DS its not great, so maybe theres a reason they're N3DS only

It's okay on N3DS but it's still not perfect, and it still seems like a balancing act-- the emulator with better sound can't run some games at full speed, so you have tobrun them in a faster emulator with worse sound, etc. also please put Final Fantasy 3/6 on the VC please Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

RichterIX posted:

also please put Final Fantasy 3/6 on the VC please Nintendo

It really bums me out that Squre-Enix has put like all of their SNES rpgs on the Japanese VC but nothing anywhere else. I want portable SNES Square games so badly.