Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Tai posted:

So I'm lvl 38 and using Chewi, JC, General Veers, Jawa and Talia for my arena, challenge team etc. Currently farming QGJ, Dooku, Lumi, Geno and Sid from various places. Who should I be dropping first? Still feeling somewhat clueless but getting better.

Shameless plug for more allies. Only have four :sad:

961-498-628

When it comes to GW, taunt heroes are actually pretty bad. Since the AI does not focus fire (usually), they'll spread out damage and you can heal with JC/Lumi/etc. I would drop Veers>Chewie>Talia>Jawa, in that order. I still run JC as a primary in GW because his heal is so good. He still hits like a wet noodle (5*), but he keeps my team alive in between Lumi heals.

For Arena, I would probably drop Chewie>Veers>Talia>JC>Jawa. While taunt is actually really good in Arena, by taunt I really just mean Poe. I mean, Poe is good in arena, and that's pretty much it for taunters that are worth your time. If you want to go Rebels, Han is good, BUT ONLY if you run Ackbar, who is bad unless you have Leia.
Basically, the sooner you bring in fast glass cannons for arena, the sooner you will hit rank 1. QGJ, Dooku, Lumi, Geno, Sid is a pretty awesome arena team, with either QGJ or Sid as leader. I would start swapping those in as soon as you have them at a decent gear/level/star (comparable to the rest of your team).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The AI is a real bastard sometimes and will focus the poo poo out of someone (usually someone wounded/squishy). Fun times finding the RNG Seed that doesn't contain that set of AI logic.

Tagichatn posted:

Man, the rank swap pvp system really sucks but it feels good when you gently caress over someone else. There's only one rear end in a top hat in my timezone that guns for my position so I usually try to grab #1 then start a match at 5:49. As soon as that match ends, I use 50 crystals to attack again which goes until 5:59 so that attackers don't have enough time to beat me. Except yesterday this persistent rear end in a top hat somehow managed to start a match with me in the 10 seconds I was refreshing my crystals. Luckily for me he failed to beat my team and I guess he didn't want to spend 50 crystals for another shot. gently caress you Tenks.

I've been killing this poor Nightsisters team guy for weeks so he swapped out one of them for an actual good character. He still loses but somehow he gets up to the top 50.

Phasma+Dooku+Daka is the #1 rear end in a top hat team, but Sid/Poggle led droid teams can still wreck me. There's a guy running Sid, QGJ, Lumi, Daka and Dooku. Maybe I should try it out, swap in my QGJ instead of Phasma? Would probably fare better against teams with a tank.

My QGJ needs 13 purple dildos now to get to gear lvl 8, will probably be 7 stars before that :sigh:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Pimpmust posted:

The AI is a real bastard sometimes and will focus the poo poo out of someone (usually someone wounded/squishy). Fun times finding the RNG Seed that doesn't contain that set of AI logic.

I keep my Royal Guard strong for the express purpose of having him auto-taunt his way out of these situations. Oh, the AI focused fire and killed my Jedi Consular? Nope, they got my Consular and my Guard to half each, and then everyone healed up, and then the Guard returned to the bench until he was needed again.

Also what the heck man, my account is level 50 and the 4th GW opponent I got today was level 60. Aren't they supposed to like, scale upward throughout the daily path?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Thanks for the advice. Might drop a few more bucks on the game. Bought the starter dark side pack and lucked out on doku.

Anyway to play this on two devices from the same account. Just bought my girlfriend a iphone 6S for a birthday present and my 4s chugs after running the game for more then 10-15mins so was hoping to have it installed on her phone to use when she's around.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You can play from two Android devices by using the same Google play account. Don't know about iOS.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
iOS connects to your Facebook account I think. Unfortunately Android just goes through the Play account so I can play on my iPad but I can't pick it up on my Galaxy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

Thanks for the advice. Might drop a few more bucks on the game. Bought the starter dark side pack and lucked out on doku.

Anyway to play this on two devices from the same account. Just bought my girlfriend a iphone 6S for a birthday present and my 4s chugs after running the game for more then 10-15mins so was hoping to have it installed on her phone to use when she's around.

The dark-side starter kit for Googleplay was Greedo.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

I keep my Royal Guard strong for the express purpose of having him auto-taunt his way out of these situations. Oh, the AI focused fire and killed my Jedi Consular? Nope, they got my Consular and my Guard to half each, and then everyone healed up, and then the Guard returned to the bench until he was needed again.

Also what the heck man, my account is level 50 and the 4th GW opponent I got today was level 60. Aren't they supposed to like, scale upward throughout the daily path?

GW is kinda bugged so people are seeing matches that are a lot harder than intended.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Tai posted:

So I'm lvl 38 and using Chewi, JC, General Veers, Jawa and Talia for my arena, challenge team etc. Currently farming QGJ, Dooku, Lumi, Geno and Sid from various places. Who should I be dropping first? Still feeling somewhat clueless but getting better.

961-498-628

No results found please enter a valid ally code :psyduck:

474-378-542

E: weird. Maybe I already added you.

cheese sandwich fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 3, 2016

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Slightly Toasted posted:

No results found please enter a valid ally code :psyduck:

474-378-542

Hmm ally code is correct. Just checked and had 2 ally requests. I'll add you though thanks!

E - Odd, I get the same no results found error while trying to add you too.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Just saw this over in the Marvel FF thread, and realized this is a much better way to run a pvp system:

RatHat posted:

Nope, only your battles matter. People beating/losing to your team don't affect you at all. Same thing in Timeline.

In MFF, you get points for winning, lose points for losing, and only YOUR attacks matter. Someone else attacking you doesn't change your points at all. Rewards are handed out based on your rank, which is determined by your total points. That's so much better than this game's arena system.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Do the points reset every week? If no, then this system is flawed and lovely too.

Lets replace muscling for rank with Eve Online's progression system.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Do the points reset every week? If no, then this system is flawed and lovely too.

Lets replace muscling for rank with Eve Online's progression system.

I think it resets every week.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
And I'm guessing you have a set number of attacks per day, with some kind of scaling that lets strong / high-level squads win a greater percentage of their fights than weak / low-level squads?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not sure if I should farm a character I don't give a poo poo about, or just hoard GW and Arena shards. I have SId, i86, lumi, and phasma at 7 stars and they're the only ones I care about.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

The Dave posted:

Not sure if I should farm a character I don't give a poo poo about, or just hoard GW and Arena shards. I have SId, i86, lumi, and phasma at 7 stars and they're the only ones I care about.

I have my core dps and then focus on healers first then support. It's nice to have a slate of healers to sub in as well as poggle, obi-wan and other good support.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

And I'm guessing you have a set number of attacks per day, with some kind of scaling that lets strong / high-level squads win a greater percentage of their fights than weak / low-level squads?

You gain/lose points based on the difference between your rank and your opponents' rank. You get matched with someone random somewhere within a range. You can spend gold to reroll this. Each time you reroll after the first time, it pits you against a higher ranked opponent, and the higher you go, the more points you get. Also, the higher you go, the harder the opponents get. So, in a sense, yes.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My code is 534-661-235.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ya'll fuckers need to hear the glory of the 40's GW build I've uncovered.

Talia
Luke
RG
JC
Cad Bane

Opening salvo:
Stun Chewie with RG
Stun Healer with Cad Bane (which stuns and reduced turn meter to 0 on jedi, so you really take like 2 full turns away.)
Focus-gently caress the softed DPS
Restun Chewie with RG
Kill the JC
Kill the remaining, Chewie is last.

loving everyone rocks Chewie at this level.

Any fight featuring an enemy Chewie + Talia + JC squad ends in me being nearly full health. The double healing is loving ridiculous, so long as you're topping your guys above 50%, you're gonna get MAX RG taunts.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 4, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

There was a small patch today: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17967/game-update-3-3-2016#latest
GW is fixed so it shouldn't be impossible anymore. I'm curious how it works out at level 70. Oh and people that didn't get their cheevo for month long logins get the rewards in their inbox.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

There was a small patch today: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17967/game-update-3-3-2016#latest
GW is fixed so it shouldn't be impossible anymore. I'm curious how it works out at level 70. Oh and people that didn't get their cheevo for month long logins get the rewards in their inbox.

No wonder I've been blazing through GW...

Yeah, I faced only 1 squad that was higher than mine and it was by like 1 level.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

No wonder I've been blazing through GW...

Yeah, I faced only 1 squad that was higher than mine and it was by like 1 level.

Tagichatn posted:

I only recently have been able to clear all GW now that I have 15 purple level 70 chars all 5+* with three 7*.

There are still days where I will get cheesed and not be able to fully complete. We'll see if anything changes.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Quick question: folks with recurring names like Mol Eliza aren't bots, right? They're people who hit "accept" when the game randomly generated a Star Wars name for them?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This game is doo doo and I log in to do everything daily just in case this game actually ends up being good in 6 months. I really wish this game was good guys.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jenny Angel posted:

Quick question: folks with recurring names like Mol Eliza aren't bots, right? They're people who hit "accept" when the game randomly generated a Star Wars name for them?

Correct. Except it was a default name rather than random.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 4, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Jesus christ...

Edit: Yup, this is literally unbeatable. I only get the chance to attack with Sid and Geo before they kill one of my team. And my loving team is (Max) Phasma, (Max) Sid, Lumi, JC, Geo Soldier.

Edit2: Barely got by without losing a guy by switching Lumi out for a severly undergeared Fives. That just had his assist attack call Geo Soldier in and do a poo poo ton more damage.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 4, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
So the droids in Arena are paying off, in the past couple days I was able to climb back from 50ish all the way back to #2 today, surprisingly not getting hit much at all on defense. I decided to mix it up and go straight gently caress-you and took out Poe and HK, running Poggle lead, GS, 88, 86, and a surprise QGJ for extra damage and taunt removal. Should not be very effective on D without Poe, but people must not know what to make of it I guess! There is only one other Droid team in the top 50, a standard HK-lead, so maybe the novelty is enough to make people pass for now.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012

Tai posted:

961-498-628

Added you as an ally. Lumi is better than Talia in just about every way, especially in GW where her leadership skill and not having to drain health to heal is a ton better. She is also pretty fast to farm, so drop Talia for Lumi when you can. Same with Sid, has a good leadership skill for arena and (depending on your server) easy to farm. Geno is also very good, and farmable. Get both Geno and Sid into both your teams, drop characters you find less useful. JC is a beast in GW, but not very good in Arena.

Otherwise you seem to be farming some very strong characters, but Dooku and QGJ both take some time, but they eventually get there.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I must have a server with no whales because I finally broke into the top 10 in arena with a completely free team of HK/Poggle/the IGs/Daka, and my GW didn't even have a team of full 70s today.

Sjonkel posted:

Geno and Sid

For a second I thought I had the NHL thread up somehow.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
At 70 for me GW didn't seem to change with the patch.

I have Bariss now at 70 in addition to Luminara, JC, Daka, ewok elder, ahsoka and talia which makes heals not a problem for when JC and lum get cheesed off the bat. Didn't have to use obi or poggle today, only phasma.

I start with sidious, asajj, kylo, lum, JC and then sub in support, healers or dps as they die.

I wish i could get more stars for darth maul, he rocked early on but now at 70 4* he dies easily and doesn't do as much damage as asajj.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 4, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cowofwar posted:

At 70 for me GW didn't seem to change with the patch.

I have Bariss now at 70 in addition to Luminara, JC, Daka, ewok elder, ahsoka and talia which makes heals not a problem for when JC and lum get cheesed off the bat. Didn't have to use obi or poggle today, only phasma.

I start with sidious, asajj, kylo, lum, JC and then sub in support, healers or dps as they die.

I wish i could get more stars for darth maul, he rocked early on but now at 70 4* he dies easily and doesn't do as much damage as asajj.

I fought a lot fewer 70/7*/VIII teams. Lots of purple teams in the upper 60's, lots of 70 teams without max stars. I didn't hit a full blown max team until the back half of the lineup.

I mean that happened sometimes before, but it was a lot easier to get through GW today.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Here's the "fix" to GW in action. Third node. I'm level 61.

lol at this garbage poo poo game

commish
Sep 17, 2009

My GW has been easier. I can auto-attack my way through the whole thing now.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

Here's the "fix" to GW in action. Third node. I'm level 61.

lol at this garbage poo poo game

Two of those guys are below 7* iunno what you're complaining about

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

As a lvl 70 with ~5 7 stars in my top 5 it's about the same as before. A couple of 60 teams but mostly lvl 70 teams. I got enough of a bench that it's not much of a problem

Had one fun game where I went for the enemy Sid first (they had a Daka in the team, but the RNG Seed didn't work out when I attacked her first):
Killed Sid
Self Rez
Killed Sid again
Self Rez
Sid Healed
Killed Sid Again
Daka Rez
:suicide:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

As a lvl 70 with ~5 7 stars in my top 5 it's about the same as before. A couple of 60 teams but mostly lvl 70 teams. I got enough of a bench that it's not much of a problem

Had one fun game where I went for the enemy Sid first (they had a Daka in the team, but the RNG Seed didn't work out when I attacked her first):
Killed Sid
Self Rez
Killed Sid again
Self Rez
Sid Healed
Killed Sid Again
Daka Rez
:suicide:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah, that's a retreat and start over if I've ever seen one.

I'd have retreated after the first self-rez.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Ugh, I am trying to get mk iv purple laptops for bariss and I just got zero for ten attempts.

I only IAP for crystals to spend on credits when I accumulate a poo poo load of training droids. At least that has a guaranteed use. Never IAP for energy to gamble.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 4, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

Ugh, I am trying to get mk iv purple laptops for bariss and I just got zero for ten attempts.

I only IAP for crystals to spend on credits when I accumulate a poo poo load of training droids. At least that has a guaranteed use. Never IAP for energy to gamble.

Counterpoint: Always use crystals on energy refills because they are relatively cheap and you're going to take forever to unlock and gear characters if you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Jibo posted:

Counterpoint: Always use crystals on energy refills because they are relatively cheap and you're going to take forever to unlock and gear characters if you don't.

Every day I use my 100 free crystals for cantina energy and 1-2x50 free crystals for normal energy. I mean don't spend real money to buy crystals to spend on energy.

• Locked thread