Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
This guy is waiting for BBQ at Franklin's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Why is that dogge waiting on BBQ?
Give that dogge some BBQ.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Syrian Lannister posted:

All dogges are good dogges, but rescued dogges are the best

It feels even more awesome to have rescued a dog from the streets. That's how Zipper found her way into my life, and I couldn't be happier to have her.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Tide posted:

He's a boxer / english bulldog mix, which turns out to be a thing, apparently, since the 1940s. Originating in Nova Scotia, they're called Valley Dogs (cuteness beware on GIS). We've been talking back and forth and it looks like he's going to making his home with us. According to the foster family, he's got a big personality, loves kids, great with other dogs, dislikes cats (which is totally fine, we're not cat people). No prey drive or herding instinct, total lap and snuggle hound. Pretty decent watchdog (BIG bark), but warms up quickly. He had to be surrendered after the family that had him before moved over seas and couldn't bring him with them.

Can't. Wait.

yes. YES!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Someone discovered leg humps!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's just his way of saying thank you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tide posted:

No one, even the best dogs, can get barbecue before 11 at Franklin's.

It's worth it tho.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Wasabi the J posted:

This guy is waiting for BBQ at Franklin's.

nice landseer

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

ch3cooh posted:

Someone discovered leg humps!

He wuvs you

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Naked Bear posted:

He wuvs you

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aguV596Lo0

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Doublepostin' dogges

http://i.imgur.com/C0Lg0DK.gifv

Good dogge

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that cat did a pretty wicked jump there at the end if I say so myself

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

that cat did a pretty wicked jump there at the end if I say so myself

Then slammed into the side of the shed in mid-air lol.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Picking up Diesel this Saturday. Skyped with the foster family tonight. Dogge is all about some kids and pettes. Got a deep bark to him, will basically carry on a conversation with you - all sorts of growls and snorts and howls and yawns. Kids hanging all over him and all he did was wiggle.

Gonna be awesome.

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 2, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Tide posted:

except for pulled pork

I learned my lesson (and it was barely any, too)

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Get Paid Pupper

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

except for pulled pork

I learned my lesson (and it was barely any, too)

Wait what's wrong with pulled pork? :ohdear:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tide posted:

Picking up Diesel this Saturday. Skyped with the foster family tonight. Dogge is all about some kids and pettes. Got a deep bark to him, will basically carry on a conversation with you - all sorts of growls and snorts and howls and yawns. Kids hanging all over him and all he did was wiggle.

Gonna be awesome.

Gonna have to have some youtube videos of this, please.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Eldad from Hope for Paws is live-updating this flickr as a rescued dog gives birth to her litter.
It hasn't started yet ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eldad75/

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Anecdotally, it makes dogs poo poo a liquid that looks like BBQ sauce, but DO NOT TASTE IT IT IS NOT BBQ SAUCE.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Have you tasted it? How do you know? Ever been to a BBQ sauce factory? :colbert:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Non-processed bland chicken and beef is fine for dogs but pork just has way too much fat and they can't digest it. I gave him, altogether, maybe a large pinch of pulled pork. Granted it was from a BBQ place and processed/flavored 10x over. He immediately had diarrhea within hours and didn't fully go back to normal until about four days. The next day he had what looked like pulled pork in his stool, the same as when it went in. making GBS threads blood as well, sometimes pure blood. It was bad.

Diarrhea EVERYWHERE.

I mean do what you want but that's just my experience with it. I'll give him very very small pieces of bacon but that's. He does fine with a hot dog or two.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 3, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Non-processed bland chicken and beef is fine for dogs but pork just has way too much fat and they can't digest it. I gave him, altogether, maybe a large pinch of pulled pork. Granted it was from a BBQ place and processed/flavored 10x over. He immediately had diarrhea within hours and didn't fully go back to normal until about four days. The next day he had what looked like pulled pork in his stool, the same as when it went in. making GBS threads blood as well, sometimes pure blood. It was bad.

Diarrhea EVERYWHERE.

I mean do what you want but that's just my experience with it. I'll give him very very small pieces of bacon but that's. He does fine with a hot dog or two.

Tried for the life of me but couldn't find it. In summer 2009 therabouts there was a thread called "hosed up things you've witnessed animals doing" or somesuch.

One goon shared a story about a family lab eating basically an entire Costco-sized container of margarine. Dear god what a mess.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
I had a dog in the 90s who loved drinking water. Pool water, ocean water, all the water. One day we rented a boat and the family went around some of the little beaches for a few hours. We took the Kody, and every time we stopped in the water he would drink more. On the way back to the dock he barfed in the boat, and as soon as we docked, this dog ran to the nearest patch of grass and projectile-diarrhea'd all the saltwater he had been drinking. It was amazing and horrifying. Fortunately he was okay after that and if anyone at the rental place saw, they somehow kept quiet about it.

He also had the most majestic goddamn tail. No idea what kind of mutt he was, but he was something. Kind of weird proportions looking back now, but at the time he was super cute/soft/fluffy/sheddy. I haven't shared this picture in a couple years I think so here it is.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sputnik once got stuck from something he ate, and left a goddamn infinity symbol of feces on the ground.

A poo poo finity.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Wasabi the J posted:

Sputnik once got stuck from something he ate, and left a goddamn infinity symbol of feces on the ground.

A poo poo finity.

dsyp

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Sutureself posted:

I had a dog in the 90s who loved drinking water. Pool water, ocean water, all the water. One day we rented a boat and the family went around some of the little beaches for a few hours. We took the Kody, and every time we stopped in the water he would drink more. On the way back to the dock he barfed in the boat, and as soon as we docked, this dog ran to the nearest patch of grass and projectile-diarrhea'd all the saltwater he had been drinking. It was amazing and horrifying. Fortunately he was okay after that and if anyone at the rental place saw, they somehow kept quiet about it.

He also had the most majestic goddamn tail. No idea what kind of mutt he was, but he was something. Kind of weird proportions looking back now, but at the time he was super cute/soft/fluffy/sheddy. I haven't shared this picture in a couple years I think so here it is.

Beautiful dogge.

I'd guess either a border collie or shelty mix with goldie/yellow lab thrown in.

Pile of pups

http://i.imgur.com/mnVpdzj.gifv

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Syrian Lannister posted:

Beautiful dogge.

I'd guess either a border collie or shelty mix with goldie/yellow lab thrown in.

Pile of pups

http://i.imgur.com/mnVpdzj.gifv

omg so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

anyhow my pug, when he was a puppy you could hold on your hand, came up to me one day when I stopped by to let him out and play with him, splayed out on all four legs all of sudden, and started choking something up.

It freaked me out and I thought he was gonna die :smith:

then he spit out a chunk of wood the size of a bic lighter and carried on. it was loving crazy. I think that settled him down. Until he ate a die I think it was. A good tip for these sort of situations is to keep peroxide handy, because a cap full of that (depending on weight probably) is pretty good at forcing them to vomit everything up.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

:dogge:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

omg so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

anyhow my pug, when he was a puppy you could hold on your hand, came up to me one day when I stopped by to let him out and play with him, splayed out on all four legs all of sudden, and started choking something up.

It freaked me out and I thought he was gonna die :smith:

then he spit out a chunk of wood the size of a bic lighter and carried on. it was loving crazy. I think that settled him down. Until he ate a die I think it was. A good tip for these sort of situations is to keep peroxide handy, because a cap full of that (depending on weight probably) is pretty good at forcing them to vomit everything up.

Makes me miss my pug. Wife sent me these a few days ago.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I know a few veterinarians thanks to my ex-sister in law being one, they always say Pug owners are always the best dog owner because they take amazing care of their fat little flat faced dogs.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I know a few veterinarians thanks to my ex-sister in law being one, they always say Pug owners are always the most lucrative dog owner

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ch3cooh posted:

Makes me miss my pug. Wife sent me these a few days ago.

Holy poo poo that old man face

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Pugs have their problems for sure. My guys jaw is a little crooked so I think thats why his tongue is always perpetually out. He had to get a couple of teeth removed because of that. Other than that you just have to keep them from eating too much and keep their face clean (ketoseb wipes) and that prevents a lot of their health problems.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/tanja.jensen.108/videos/10207866707212036/

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Happiness.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Pugs have their problems for sure. My guys jaw is a little crooked so I think thats why his tongue is always perpetually out. He had to get a couple of teeth removed because of that. Other than that you just have to keep them from eating too much and keep their face clean (ketoseb wipes) and that prevents a lot of their health problems.

Every time someone makes fun of pugs, I am reminded of the fact that they live much longer than many breeds of larger dogs :(

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Various friends and family dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Benny doesn't want to play with her sister or cousin. She's surly just wants pets.