Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

If I'm remembering the series of events correctly, Sansa slaps Robin, this leads to Petyr kissing Sansa (which her aunt sees), Sansa's aunt threatens to throw her out the moon door, "Only Cat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I believe her name is "Yerr Scizter".

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

"Only Catelyn Stark of Winterfell, your sister and fellow lady of House Tully. She married Ned Stark. Cat."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh! Jon Snow's mom! Thanks guys, totally spaced there.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
WOAH. even years later, this show has layers! I never could figure out who Yer Siztar was, or why Petyr Littlefinger loved them so much (at first i thought he said 'Ser Siztar' and i was like "wtf???? lol"), but it totally makes sense that it was one of Cat Stark's nicknames. Different names for characters is a big theme in GOT so i should have expected it.

Now i'm wondering if s6 will show us some of these other important mentioned characters. Like, Tuwen T. Goodmen is apparently a badass but we never see them.... mysterious right? THINK AGAIN! Remember Vargo Hoat (the show calls him Locke, but bookreaders know what his real name is, foreshadowing his other-other nickname as Goodmen)? He is loyal to ramsey and a ruthless warrior, evidence is when he cut off Kingslayer's hand. But you're thinking "wait, tin can made man, he went to Night's Watch and was killed by Hodor" and yeah, that's true, but other characters at Night's Watch have died and come back before (shhhh, s6 spoiler, dont tell the show watchers!), so why not Vargo? Who else but a wight walker could have teamed up with Ramsey and owned Stannis so hard?

More bookbased theory (sorry, show watchers lol), but who do you guys think the (presumably) Dornish warrior called The Bad Pussy is? Clearly, TBP is a skilled fighter, since Nym tells bronn and kingslayer that they "need" him, probably to find out who killed Mirsella and get vengeance (sidenote: how does Nym know this will happen? is she a warg like John Snow???). Seems like TBP could be anyone, but my personal theory is that its Darkstar. We all know Darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne, so he would be the best candidate to help Bronn and Jamie get revenge. Maybe they'll stick together and be a team in the next season too (just like bronn and jamie did)... with The Mountain and Sanders both dead, together they'd be the deadliest fighters in Westeros.... which might be a problem for Khaleesi when she rides her dragons to take the IT this season >:)

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

tin can made man posted:

which might be a problem for Khaleesi when she rides her dragons to take the IT this season >:)

You misspelled Kelly C, she was married to Carl

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

tin can made man posted:

More bookbased theory (sorry, show watchers lol

lol we're never getting another book.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I'm foolishly trusting GRRM on one promise he made - no honorary PhD until Winds is out. One would think George appreciates that and actually finishes it within our lifespan.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

GuyUpNorth posted:

I'm foolishly trusting GRRM on one promise he made - no honorary PhD until Winds is out. One would think George appreciates that and actually finishes it within our lifespan.

....or he doesnt give a poo poo about an honourary PhD.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Will we need to start calling him DRGRRM?

No because book 6 will never be released.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Never read the books but are the years in Westeros even ~365 days? I know the seasons are all weird.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TommyGun85 posted:

....or he doesnt give a poo poo about an honourary PhD.

Or he'll get all mopey in that way he does and refuse to finish it out of spite if they won't give it to him straight up without finishing it

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Has this been posted yet?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TheDon01 posted:

Never read the books but are the years in Westeros even ~365 days? I know the seasons are all weird.

In general, it's safe to assume that things are like our world unless otherwise stated. They have a calendar, so they keep time consistently somehow (probably the moon).

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Or the stars. The star field has an annual cycle.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
As the gurm points out calendars are actually never based on the changing of the seasons, the weather is actually somewhat fickle and unreliable as far as time keeping is concerned.

Gurm actually hosed up in that he still ties the length of the days to the changing of seasons wherein the length of days is only a function of the planet's position and tilt relative to the sun, if the seasons in westeros are magical rather than astronomical there is no real reason for the days to grow shorter at the onset of winter. But he can just handwave everything away so who cares really.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"I can give you one hint: My character is like an exe-warrior who becomes a peacenik so I work with a cultlike peaceful tribe who have brought back a much loved character who everyone thinks is dead."

"That's a bit of a clue."

edit: beaten

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 3, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
R'hollor and the Great Other each have a hand on an axis, are constantly wrestling over the tilt.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jack of Hearts posted:

Has this been posted yet?

In move that shocks literally no one, a character that was not explicitly killed on screen comes back later. This is "Stannis may not have really been killed by Brienne!" levels of "big surprise." Though I would like it if Jon comes back after literally being stabbed to death on screen, but Stannis never does even though it wasn't shown. That would be a good TV way of eschewing conventions.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lycus posted:

R'hollor and the Great Other each have a hand on an axis, are constantly wrestling over the tilt.

GRRM really likes turtles and used to make up stories of his pets assassinating each other so maybe the world is just the shell of a giant turtle.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Can we officially get hyped then?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Solice Kirsk posted:

In move that shocks literally no one, a character that was not explicitly killed on screen comes back later. This is "Stannis may not have really been killed by Brienne!" levels of "big surprise." Though I would like it if Jon comes back after literally being stabbed to death on screen, but Stannis never does even though it wasn't shown. That would be a good TV way of eschewing conventions.

Stannis is dead for good. Jon is not

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

Stannis is dead for good. Jon is not

Ha, they Syrio Forel'd one of the Kings claiming the Iron Throne.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Clearly it's the Hound.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Zero One posted:

Clearly it's the Hound.

That's obvious to readers, though I'm sure that the producers are letting him give this much detail because they think watchers will assume he's talking about Jon Snow.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Lycus posted:

That's obvious to readers, though I'm sure that the producers are letting him give this much detail because they think watchers will assume he's talking about Jon Snow.

that makes no sense. why would anyone think hes talking about Jon Snow.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

As the gurm points out calendars are actually never based on the changing of the seasons, the weather is actually somewhat fickle and unreliable as far as time keeping is concerned.

Gurm actually hosed up in that he still ties the length of the days to the changing of seasons wherein the length of days is only a function of the planet's position and tilt relative to the sun, if the seasons in westeros are magical rather than astronomical there is no real reason for the days to grow shorter at the onset of winter. But he can just handwave everything away so who cares really.

Unless the magically based seasons work by affecting the world's tilt. We've seen absolutely nothing of the southern continent. I don't think we even know where the equator is but south of it they may have the same long unreliable seasons as Westeros only inverted.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If you assume there is no one who'd be oblivious enough to call Jon Snow a "peacenik" when his endgame is about taking on Others, someone will inevitably appear somewhere with said beliefs. That said, it's Hound - I was thinking of Beric but BoB weren't exactly peaceful and it's a couple years since I read Dragons.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I like the Hound so he will probably have to die another horrible death to punish me for liking a character.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Elder Brother seems like such a small character for Ian McShane, but maybe he's getting Bad Pussy'd into a big role like Pod was. Also, I guess sandor being alive will be even more explicit in the show; to what end, I've no clue but D&D are big enough hacks to make cleganebowl an actual thing

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Elephanthead posted:

I like the Hound so he will probably have to die another horrible death to punish me for liking a character.

He's one of the few characters I'm actually hoping gets a happy/peaceful ending.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

lifts cats over head posted:

He's one of the few characters I'm actually hoping gets a happy/peaceful ending.

Ha, I'm sure it will be real peaceful after he gets killed by his brother/Robert Strong in the trial by combat for Cercei.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

tin can made man posted:

Elder Brother seems like such a small character for Ian McShane, but maybe he's getting Bad Pussy'd into a big role like Pod was. Also, I guess sandor being alive will be even more explicit in the show; to what end, I've no clue but D&D are big enough hacks to make cleganebowl an actual thing

They'll probably roll him in with Septon Meribald so that he can do the Broken Men speech too.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I figured he was going to be Septon Meribald and he was just speaking in the sense that by meeting him the characters and viewers will get to see Sandor again. Since Sansa is likely to be with Brienne when she meets the Hound, I guess there's going to be some resolution of their weird fondness for each other.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Sansa is staying North, though. Brienne is being channelled back to her own plot, and Sansa to hers, the latter at the point after she's done with whatever babysitting she must do in the Vale in the books.

Also, if having the Hound back means a choice between SanSan or Cleganebowl, sign me up for the Bowl. With Martin, it can go either way, though.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

meristem posted:

Sansa is staying North, though. Brienne is being channelled back to her own plot, and Sansa to hers, the latter at the point after she's done with whatever babysitting she must do in the Vale in the books.

Also, if having the Hound back means a choice between SanSan or Cleganebowl, sign me up for the Bowl. With Martin, it can go either way, though.

I didn't mean it in a shipping sense, more in a "oh hey, good to see you're alive" sense. But yeah, I didn't remember that there are rumors indicating that Sansa will be at Winterfell toward the end of the season.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Beeez posted:

I didn't mean it in a shipping sense, more in a "oh hey, good to see you're alive" sense. But yeah, I didn't remember that there are rumors indicating that Sansa will be at Winterfell toward the end of the season.

and what exactly is Briennes plot?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

and what exactly is Briennes plot?

Hanging with Stoneheart, seeing the destruction, bringing Jaime back to potentially, but not really, get killed by Yer Sitzer.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hanging with Stoneheart, seeing the destruction, bringing Jaime back to potentially, but not really, get killed by Yer Sitzer.

I meant in the show...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Light a candle dear just make sure you don't do it when I feel the urge to murder so guy.

• Locked thread