Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Now that I think of it... this is gonna be digital only, isn't it? I didn't see boxart like with other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

What is even the point of Federation Force.

Exploring the rich universe of Metroid

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nobody in this thread will ever come close to conception, me included.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

What is even the point of Federation Force.

To piss me off

Waffleman_ posted:

Nobody in this thread will ever come close to conception, me included.

I have it and I have played it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Conception is like Persona's Shadow, if you think about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Baal posted:

To piss me off

I have it and I have played it

It was a sex reference, Baal.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Poonerman posted:

can someone loan me a wii u so i can play this

same

I invested in the handheld market and I can't currently diversify

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

It was a sex reference, Baal.

Never played it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Baal posted:

Whenever they stop Federation Force I will stop

They won't, might as well go all the way and show an LP of Criminal Girls to little kids.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Most of you were actually created in Conception except for the few that were developed in a testtube.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
federation farce imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

They won't, might as well go all the way and show an LP of Criminal Girls to little kids.

you asked for it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is #fe even good? I know it apparently sold abysmally in japan but I never heard anything about the actual quality of the game other than like every basic menu has a load screen or something along those lines.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is #fe even good? I know it apparently sold abysmally in japan but I never heard anything about the actual quality of the game other than like every basic menu has a load screen or something along those lines.

Based on neogaf import impressions (lol), the gameplay's good and the plot is peppy fluff at worst.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Everything I've heard about it is that it's an overall solid RPG and the biggest complaints are that it really has no reason to have Fire Emblem attached to it and the loading times are kinda rear end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's me, i'm the guy who's bummed this dumb idol game isn't getting a dub

I mean, I already bought a Wii U for it, so w/e

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You ain't alone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

Everything I've heard about it is that it's an overall solid RPG and the biggest complaints are that it really has no reason to have Fire Emblem attached to it and the loading times are kinda rear end.

The physical version specifically has bad loading times. Digital version is better.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Motto posted:

So why are all the SMT MCs fighting STEPHEN?

You have to defeat Stephen to achieve the True Human Mode ending.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I legitimately wanted to see english actors doing that dumb Fire Emblem song, even if I don't want the game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Conception looks good and one day i will play it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm more upset over Paper Mario

Glad to know #FE comes out a day before my birthday though

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Bogart posted:

None of your people are my friends. except the frag man because he's cool hitler

:kiddo: thanks, friend. :hfive:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Justin_Brett posted:

I legitimately wanted to see english actors doing that dumb Fire Emblem song, even if I don't want the game.

I know, right? Awkard dubs are just part of the anime experience at this point, at least for games. Playing anime games with Japanese voices just feels wrong to me.

I'm just sad that this game is going to have a super limited release, so it's never ever going to be cheap. :negative:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/odn_dsoctxt/status/707136176805666816

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So I decided to play SMT II on my phone and it turns out that the Aeon Genesis fan translation did a real poo poo job with the demon conversations. Please tell me I am not alone in thinking this. I thought the translation was alright but then I tried to recruit some demons and everything went to poo poo.

Also is there any trick to recruiting demons in SMT II. Or should I just not bother playing it. I kinda wanted to actually try.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Color Printer posted:

So I decided to play SMT II on my phone and it turns out that the Aeon Genesis fan translation did a real poo poo job with the demon conversations. Please tell me I am not alone in thinking this. I thought the translation was alright but then I tried to recruit some demons and everything went to poo poo.

Also is there any trick to recruiting demons in SMT II. Or should I just not bother playing it. I kinda wanted to actually try.

From what I remember when playing II, INT is a big factor in how successful demon negotiation goes, or something. How much does the hero have?

And at first I couldn't remember the conversations, but now I'm pretty sure there was more than one that just had nonsense in it. :v:

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Color Printer posted:

It's not just you, I remember reading the explanation for it too somewhere--the way demon dialogue was stored in that game (and probably If... too since they're basically the same) was apparently a complete shitshow, with random words and sentence fragments being jumbled around and pulled together on the fly as needed, rather than being stored as complete sentences. So rather than actually translate complete sentences they had to translate a bunch of random words and the like and hope it made sense when the dialogue engine pulled a sentence together. That isn't particularly helped by the fact that Japanese has a completely different word order in their sentences than English. (Subject-Object-Verb instead of Subject-Verb-Object) I didn't actually play through the translated version so dunno how accurate that is, but I can kind of believe it from playing the Japanese version--the dialogue definitely has a cut-and-paste feel to it.

As for recruiting demons--no trick. The early SMT games were pretty brutal with recruitment. As mentioned having a higher INT than whatever you're trying to recruit helps but it's no guarantee.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Is Persona 5 out yet?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Has a NA release date for SMTIV Final been announced yet?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

No

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

No

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What the gently caress

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It appears that Atlus might be bad.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Nintendo just went "gently caress it" and isn't dubbing #FE.

This is the best news. More Sugita for me.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

littleorv posted:

Is Persona 5 out yet?

I'll turn this car around, I swear to god.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The third Zero Escape game, which was cancelled until like last year, is going to come out before Persona 5.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

The third Zero Escape game, which was cancelled until like last year, is going to come out before Persona 5.

That has Sugita too.

Japanese voice option for ZE3 please and thank you

(also my love, Maaya Sakamoto)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Further proof that Atlus cannot hope to ever be as good as they were when DDS was released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't Persona 5 also gonna include Sugita?