Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win tonight's debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
John Kasich
Baby Hitler
Megyn Kelly
View Results

• Locked thread
neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pillsburysoldier posted:

Drudge has Trump winning it by like 68%

:worship: :tedcrooger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/katz/status/705606817028636672

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011
I don't know why fox asked that support the nominee question. Why do they have to set up the rat-gently caress? If you decide to rat-gently caress trump just rat-gently caress him. It wont change his decision to run independent.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Tim Burns Effect posted:

yeah there's no way o'reilly isn't drunk off his rear end right now.

yeah i'm glad i wasn't the only one who noticed

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Rubio calls Trump "very charming" and "funny".

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

pillsburysoldier posted:

69% (really)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Trump definitely did better than last debate, he has this poo poo on lock.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Rubio will suffer after tonight. He looked like a waterlogged corpse, his voice was worse than Hillary's, and he couldn't say a single quoteworthy thing apart from "I would support Donald as the nominee."

How quickly we forget yoga

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The pledge is to support the nominee and they say yes because Trump won't be the nominee after he is hosed over at the convention

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.tedcruzbooger.com

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

AmericanBarbarian posted:

I don't know why fox asked that support the nominee question. Why do they have to set up the rat-gently caress? If you decide to rat-gently caress trump just rat-gently caress him. It wont change his decision to run independent.

Don't you get it? He CANT run independent now, he is on video saying he won't do so. That's legally binding.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Some kind of terrorist fist bump?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

I think they want him to know it's coming.

Tonight felt like Ailes staring Trump down as he pushes the button

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the tenor of o'reilly's conversation with rubio is so completely different

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Blasmeister posted:

Indeed, took me barely an hour.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

not a single attack at megyn. dude has control

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

The take a breath Donald thing is going to get repeated. That's a real way to attack him, he constantly interrupts. Then you can argue against trumps own impulsive, brass nature in a negative joking way.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Rubio calls Trump "very charming" and "funny".

ON YOUR KNEES

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/705605749095993344

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
wow ok yeah Oreilly is actually definitely drunk

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Thundercracker posted:

It's pretty insulting when you think of it. No one even bothered to interrupt or even argue with Kasiche. They just waited for him to stop talking so they could keep making GBS threads on each other.

He's the new Carson.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

pillsburysoldier posted:

not that i don't think trump did well, but drudge polls are completely worthless since /pol/ and reddit spam them constantly

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/705605743358173184

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So I missed out on this one. Is it worth watching the whole thing?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The take a breath Donald thing is going to get repeated. That's a real way to attack him, he constantly interrupts. Then you can argue against trumps own impulsive, brass nature in a negative joking way.

maybe but it's not the first time ted has used that belittling phrase with him

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Mr. Nemo posted:

Don't you get it? He CANT run independent now, he is on video saying he won't do so. That's legally binding.

The first filing deadlines end on May 9th. If Trump wants to mount a credible independent run, he needs to register as an independent candidate long before the convention. How likely do you think that is?

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

That's possible but it feels like the GOP is just megalomaniacs staring each other down as they push all the buttons on the electorate at once. It's not the rational decision in any way, and its not what you do once the knife fight really starts.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

marco rubio dot com something

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

So I missed out on this one. Is it worth watching the whole thing?

Yuuuuuuup

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
At this hour, we are prepared to call.... the RNC has won the state of denial.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
GOP is going to like, hire a black guy to spam social media with black lives matters for a couple months and then false flag attack their convention and eliminate Trump. They will unify behind someone who didn't run to make it fair. That someone is Mitt Romney. Charles Koch is the bag man.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Slate Action posted:

69% (really)

nice

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Same feel I got. Or at least a "This is your last chance to play ball, Donald" message.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

marco now channeling jesus

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

The winner of the debate is whomever is picking the break music for the livenewschat stream.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I think Trump and his campaign aren't stupid everyone. Donald Trump is a lot of things, but he's murdered career politicians pretty effortlessly and this campaign will be studied for basically ever.

He probably knew this was coming and plowed forward anyway. I feel like what happened here is a repeat of most debates. Trump's floor stays solid, and the debate peels off a layer or two of the weak support until he starts winning again.

Unfortunately for everyone else, if his 30-35% floor holds in the next 4 states, he's going to sweep all 4 of them and then the narrative is right back in his camp.

And now they're all on record that they're going to support him. :getin:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Goetta posted:

The pledge is to support the nominee and they say yes because Trump won't be the nominee after he is hosed over at the convention

Right but a pledge won't stop Trump from running 3rd party because he can and will just claim that he was going to honour the pledge but X happened. So bringing it up at all just limits the other 3 candidates, who are actually expected to not just ignore their promises, if some insanity Trump nom into 3rd party GOPe Romneygeddon happens, and weakens their anti-trump rhetoric in the meantime because 'if this guy is so bad why have you pledged to support him'

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
If you believe Trump is basically just a cult of personality and his demographics can't coalesce around anything without him, it's not entirely unreasonable for the GOP to just ratfuck him, eat the general loss while still holding onto state and congressional power and then look ahead to 2020.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Any bets on Big D having an announcement to knock the whole debate out of public consciousness tomorrow like he did with Sessions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

• Locked thread