Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win tonight's debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
John Kasich
Baby Hitler
Megyn Kelly
View Results

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

AmericanBarbarian posted:

I don't know why fox asked that support the nominee question. Why do they have to set up the rat-gently caress? If you decide to rat-gently caress trump just rat-gently caress him. It wont change his decision to run independent.

It was with the opposite goal. By getting Rubio on record, Fox is trying to avoid the ratfucking that ends the GOP. Fox, or at least Kelly, proved that they can land blows on Trump when they want to.

Hillary can't be relied on to beat him on his own, but Fox can tee up the attacks for her so she can win and Trump goes away with minimal blood shed for the Republican Party.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I feel bad for the intern that had to translate a barely-coherent Reince dictating that statement as he laughs and swigs straight from the bottle

still not as gross as the Cruz booger

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wat.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i love the text of the story because it's like they can't believe it's happening as they write it

quote:

"Look at those hands, are they small hands?" the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination said, raising them for viewers to see. "And, he referred to my hands -- 'if they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Blasmeister posted:

Right but a pledge won't stop Trump from running 3rd party because he can and will just claim that he was going to honour the pledge but X happened. So bringing it up at all just limits the other 3 candidates, who are actually expected to not just ignore their promises, if some insanity 3rd party GOPe Romneygeddon happens.

Do you think Trump is going to file as an Independent by May 9th?

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

nothing to see here guys, Cruz didn't eat a booger, one of the eggs just escaped from the reptilian egg sac in his throat

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kendrick Lamar decided to drop a surprise album after watching that debate

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I wonder what Baby Hitler is thinking right now.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wait Cruz ate a booger? There a gif yet?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/705604935296131072

Donald Trump had a great debate.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/705605696549687296

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

"Back NOoooooooooooow with the FAAACtor in uuuuuuuh, detroit?"

christ get it together bill

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
http://www.theonion.com/article/smiling-nation-takes-moment-enjoy-thought-what-rnc-52467

quote:

WASHINGTON—Smiling as they imagined dozens of flustered, shouting GOP operatives frantically strategizing ways to get a hold on their political party, citizens nationwide took a brief moment Wednesday to stop and really savor the thought of what the Republican National Committee headquarters must look like right now, sources confirmed. “Oh, man, just think of all the panicked meetings that are happening as we speak, and all the party officials who are probably clutching at their aching heads as they field irate phone calls from major donors—it’s so great,” said Tucson, AZ resident Melanie Berkley, just one of hundreds of millions of beaming citizens who reported feeling an intense sense of delight when picturing a conference room full of sleep-deprived campaign consultants yelling over one another about which candidate needs to drop out and when in order for the 162-year-old political party to remain intact. “You know there’s got to be at least one angry executive chewing everyone out about Marco Rubio losing Virginia right now, and probably a whole table of officials shooting each other terrified looks after someone angrily asks ‘Well, what do we do now?’ God, it’s such a wonderful thought. It really is a nice pick-me-up.” Berkley later reported that her reverie had been completely ruined by the thought of how smug everyone at the DNC headquarters must be right now.

:allears: Still smiling.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

O'Reilly deffo drunk lolol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Orielly - "are you surprised at the inability to stump the trump?"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
drat, I missed drunk BillO

Gonna need to find some clips of that.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

donald trump had a GREAT debate.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

It was with the opposite goal. By getting Rubio on record, Fox is trying to avoid the ratfucking that ends the GOP. Fox, or at least Kelly, proved that they can land blows on Trump when they want to.

Hillary can't be relied on to beat him on his own, but Fox can tee up the attacks for her so she can win and Trump goes away with minimal blood shed for the Republican Party.

I don't think the GOP is planning that far ahead in any effective way. In some ways I think the GOP is in real denial that they have no unifying party for the tea party and trump supporters any more. If anything Trump has demonstrated that someone who is willing to not be politically correct or potentially electable after one electoral season can take over the GOP. Trump is opening the door for Trump imitators to come after him. The GOP still has no effective defense against Trump. If they don't invest everything in a presidential win they risk losing out big time to Trump like tea party invaders in the future.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Confirms my previously baseless prediction that Rubio is hosed. Especially since Luntz is regularly accused of massaging his numbers in Marco's favour.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Crain posted:

STILL HAPPENING GET IN ON THIS poo poo

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Do you think Trump is going to file as an Independent by May 9th?

When's the libertarian party's convention? that's his latest date. He should know if it's going to be a contested convention by then.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

I am feeling very good about the prediction that making Marco Rubio say that he will support Donald trump is going to be the biggest story of tonight. :smug:

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Concerned Citizen posted:

I wonder what Baby Hitler is thinking right now.

We just had a debate where he told us what he thinks.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
OPENED ARE THE DOUBLE DOORS OF THE HORIZON; UNLOCKED ARE ITS BOLTS.
CLOUDS DARKEN THE SKY
THE STARS RAIN DOWN
THE DEMOCRATS STAGGER
THE BONES OF THE BUSHES TREMBLE
THE ESTABLISHMENT ARE SILENT
WHEN THEY SEE KING TRUMP
DAWNING AS A SOUL
AS A GOD LIVING ON HIS VOTERS
FEEDING ON HIS COMPETITORS.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

not that i don't think trump did well, but drudge polls are completely worthless since /pol/ and reddit spam them constantly

Reddit and /pol/ spam every online poll constantly. A few people on each make masterlists that the posters go through voting for him. It's why he always, always wins.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Anyone else watching O'Reilly interviewing the other candidates?

I love that he's calling out each one on their bullshit. So bizarre!

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
As an alcoholic I can confirm O'Reilly is at that "Oh poo poo I had a little more than I can handle" stage where it's taking everything he's got to sit up straight and not slur the majority of his words.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Blasmeister posted:

When's the libertarian party's convention? that's his latest date. He should know if it's going to be a contested convention by then.

May 26th.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Crain posted:

he's still on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

News tomorrow:

Libertarian Party moves convention to 2 days after RNC

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Bill O is currently getting bored of Cruz's answers and is just interrupting him for fun

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Cruz: "Donald is going to lose to Hillary because he holds the exact same positions as her."

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ted cruz is just making up poo poo that supposedly happened like 15 minutes prior

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

I am feeling very good about the prediction that making Marco Rubio say that he will support Donald trump is going to be the biggest story of tonight. :smug:

Between "BIG DON" and Rubio bending the knee yeah...

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bishop posted:

As an alcoholic I can confirm O'Reilly is at that "Oh poo poo I had a little more than I can handle" stage where it's taking everything he's got to sit up straight and not slur the majority of his words.

Drunks can sense our own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Read all about the divorce and child custody case in his new book, Killing O'Reilly, the story of 2nd amendment protectionism

• Locked thread