Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
The HA legendary golems come over Bank so it looks like you can't soft-reset for poo poo even if you wanted to. Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hey why doesn't the main character ever live with their dad? Why does Pokemon hate dads? Did a dad hurt pokemon?

Now that I think of it...sure a lot of dads missing...was there a recent war?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all we know for sure is that there's a SNES game in celadon superstore that dad would love

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's metaphor.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
nah they're all just deadbeats. but at least norman is marginally more present than giovanni

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
If anyone wants Dratinis, I've got a bunch of 4 and 5 IV ones with their HA lying about. Still trying to breed an HA 6IV male from my 5IV/6IV pair *sigh*.

10 5IVs, 4 4IVs. They'll come knowing Leer/Hyper Beam/Dragon Pulse/Extreme Speed, and I can name them for you. I'll be kicking about until about 11pm PST tonight, then after noon PST tomorrow.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Looper posted:

um they're giant monsters which is why pocket balls were invented, check the lore son

the lore says that pokemon are not generally giant

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hey why doesn't the main character ever live with their dad? Why does Pokemon hate dads? Did a dad hurt pokemon?

well surge is like 35 at best and he was in the war so yes at least in red and blue there was a war within 20 or so years

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Playing Yellow really makes me appreciate how much better the modern games are.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SilverGryphon posted:

If anyone wants Dratinis, I've got a bunch of 4 and 5 IV ones with their HA lying about. Still trying to breed an HA 6IV male from my 5IV/6IV pair *sigh*.

10 5IVs, 4 4IVs. They'll come knowing Leer/Hyper Beam/Dragon Pulse/Extreme Speed, and I can name them for you. I'll be kicking about until about 11pm PST tonight, then after noon PST tomorrow.

I'd take a 5 IV one :shobon:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SilverGryphon posted:

I'd love one. Whatever you can spare. Thanks! My friend code is 3969-8002-4035 if that makes it easier for you. I'm playing Y now so I don't really have anything worthwhile to send

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Nodoze posted:

I'd take a 5 IV one :shobon:

What's your friend code? I'm doing Fishbulb's now.

Fishbulb, a Kalos-born Clefable, Bronzong, Magmortar, Porygon-Z, Dusknoir, Whimsicott, Raticate, or KlinKlang would be awesome if you've got 'em.

Edit: In-game I should be popping up as Gryphon.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SilverGryphon posted:

Fishbulb, a Kalos-born Clefable, Bronzong, Magmortar, Porygon-Z, Dusknoir, Whimsicott, Raticate, or KlinKlang would be awesome if you've got 'em.

I have literally none of those things. I'm on route 7! But I'll get you whatever you want in like a week when I finish this game, promise.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Okay :) I'm usually on evenings until about 11PST and I added your friend code.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Ok so I reset OR to do a playthrough with a new team. Thought it to beg through trade for one of guys I haven't really played with before.

Looking at the lists I'm thinking

Nidoking
Beldum
Arerodactyl
Lapras
Panchem
Larvestar

Thoughts? Any recommendations for off beat but still fun guys I should try on this run?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
It is late at night and I should be asleep. Instead, I am thinking of Pokemon. It feels good to be really happy/into a video game like this again.

Re-released Red/Blue/Yellow and allowing them to have compatibility with Pokemon Bank was a masterstroke. Thank you Nintendo! I am enjoying playing the original generation again. Also, it is amazing what parts of the game is still in my memory after all these years! It is by no means 100% all there, but there's parts where I know "Oh, here's where this is" and it is really great. It is honestly like coming home :)

wilbur.walsh
Jan 3, 2008

Whoaaaat?

SilverGryphon posted:

I would love a 5 iv one aswell. But I got none of those... My friend code 5129-3578-5477

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Is anyone playing Pokemon Revolution Online? I looked for a thread and couldn't find one. It's actually insanely addicting so far and wanted to see if any goons were in on it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cbear posted:

Is anyone playing Pokemon Revolution Online? I looked for a thread and couldn't find one. It's actually insanely addicting so far and wanted to see if any goons were in on it.

I mean, I will be now! I think we need a pokemon MMO / romhack thread.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
The worst part about finally getting a 6IV HA Nidoran male is figuring out afterward that Sucker-Punch is an egg move. :shepicide: Time for some sleep.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

I mean, I will be now! I think we need a pokemon MMO / romhack thread.

I just started yesterday but it's actually really polished. I was surprised.

Just a note, it's been getting more popular in the last few days. The 1900 capacity server is constantly full so you will have to wait most likely when you first log in. But once you're in, you're great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I mean in Ruby the whole reason you move to Hoenn is to be closer to your dad...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cbear posted:

My checklist for S&M, in increasing chance of unlikelihood:
*Removal of IVs
*PRO like MMO features
*Nintendo Account/Pokebank integration in NX

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I kind of like there's no breeding in PRO. Kind of makes trading and the value of pokemon go up.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cbear posted:

I kind of like there's no breeding in PRO. Kind of makes trading and the value of pokemon go up.

Yeah. I'm trying to complete the Dex with my friends, and I want Jolteon. However, I know so do my friends, so we won't get to complete the Dex unless one of the three of us concedes.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm at 3 wins and a loss so far in the Kanto Classic. I think people really underestimate Nidoking. Mine has been tearing holes in teams.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

wilbur.walsh posted:

I would love a 5 iv one aswell. But I got none of those... My friend code 5129-3578-5477

No worries, just send whatever you like. I'm not a competitive player but I do appreciate nice 'mons.

Friend code is 5000-3262-8496. I'll be online sometime after noon PST. There are 7 more 5IV marvel scale leer/hyper beam/dragon pulse/extreme speed Dratinis available to go to a good home. :)

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm at 3 wins and a loss so far in the Kanto Classic. I think people really underestimate Nidoking. Mine has been tearing holes in teams.

Earthquake from Golem OHKOs him. Nidoking outspeeds, of course, but people never seem to expect Sturdy. People who run Nidoking usually open with him and never switch out against Golem.

Golem is just kicking all kinds of Kanto rear end. It one-shots Aerodactyl, Nidoking/queen, Alakazam, and sets up rocks. Got to avoid Scald, though, as it seems to have a 90% Burn chance against me.

Dynastesaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

:hfive: Nidoking buddy. 4 and 2 so far, Nido and Curselax have been my mvps.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

mabels big day posted:

I mean in Ruby the whole reason you move to Hoenn is to be closer to your dad...

Hoenn is sort of the exception, but even there, I thought the dad moved with all of them together from Johto but still chose not to live with them.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Bible posted:

Earthquake from Golem OHKOs him. Nidoking outspeeds, of course, but people never seem to expect Sturdy. People who run Nidoking usually open with him and never switch out against Golem.

Golem is just kicking all kinds of Kanto rear end. It one-shots Aerodactyl, Nidoking/queen, Alakazam, and sets up rocks. Got to avoid Scald, though, as it seems to have a 90% Burn chance against me.

Why would you leave a Nidoking out against a Golem? :confused:

I open with my Jolteon. Haven't run into any Stealth Rock yet.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

SilverGryphon posted:

No worries, just send whatever you like. I'm not a competitive player but I do appreciate nice 'mons.

Friend code is 5000-3262-8496. I'll be online sometime after noon PST. There are 7 more 5IV marvel scale leer/hyper beam/dragon pulse/extreme speed Dratinis available to go to a good home. :)

I will take one and I have a Bronzor I can trade ya. I will wont be home until 6pm EST but will add your friend code and look for ya.

Edit: Realized I had not put my friend code out there 2552-4405-2927.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 4, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hoenn is sort of the exception, but even there, I thought the dad moved with all of them together from Johto but still chose not to live with them.

I mean there are only like 2 houses in the city he's the gym leader of, housing is at a huge shortage in Hoenn, people gotta commute!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I managed to register for that Pokemon MMO thing. There's another 45 minutes if you can get the page to load.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

He lives with the mom but commutes to work.

That's coming from the Delta Episode, though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The thing that replaying Gen I makes me want most is a Gen II re-release

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

My checklist for S&M, in increasing chance of unlikelihood:
*Removal of IVs
*PRO like MMO features

Weird, my wishlist goes:

*literally the opposite of these things

Funny how life works out sometimes

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Weird, my wishlist goes:

*literally the opposite of these things

Funny how life works out sometimes

After just discovering Pro I will be severely disappointed if Sun/Moon isn't the start of the official Pokemon MMO revolution.

It is crazy how much Nintendo has dropped the ball on innovating, and advancing Pokemon to the modern era of gaming.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SilverGryphon posted:

1263-6705-3897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Playing Blue right now. Did they make Bugs weak to Poison just so that Weedle can have a easier time?

• Locked thread