Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lowtax I'm sorry for your troubles.

As a high powered business man I recommend you institute a $1 annual membership fee and up the reg to $15. Start offering additional services like Amazon deals and streaming media. Change your service model to more of a forums Netflix and Amazon prime combined. You'll be rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lowtax

become a scrum master and go back in time and yell at radium for ETAs that are TBD

I would have loved to seen jira tickets from Radium

RESOLVED: Reason - WILL NOT DO THIS FEATURE

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

I wonder what ever happened to KING REOL. Like is he happily married with a mortgage and a few kids and will casually mention to friends that he was way too into internet culture when he was a teenager and its NBD

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Subterfrugal posted:

I wonder what ever happened to KING REOL.
He now rides and reviews elevators in public buildings on Youtube. I'm not kidding.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lowtax posted:

He now rides and reviews elevators in public buildings on Youtube. I'm not kidding.

:shepface:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lowtax posted:

Nothing but the best for SA

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well it says it's a genuine Otis on the control panel but I certainly didn't recognize that floor coupling. Let's chec-ah yes that's the telltale Otis button throw. Quarter inch depth, these things are known for the feel of the buttons. They're a joy to ride in, you can press every button on this thing a hundred times and it would feel identical each time(just let me out before you try it!). You just don't get this craftsmanship from other brands.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What else do you talk about? How do you make video #2?

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 4, 2016

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lowtax posted:

And you didn't link it? Monster.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

What else do you talk about? How do you make video #2?
under the right (legally permissible) circumstances i could watch videos about the internal and external decor of elevators but a quick search just brings up some twits standing in elevators with their mouths hanging open

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

You just don't get this craftsmanship from other brands.

ThyssenKrupp elevators are clearly superior. :colbert:

shoophobo fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 4, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

And you didn't link it? Monster.

https://www.youtube.com/user/georgef551/featured

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Eeeeyup

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lowtax posted:

I do need to know which 'vaters to stay out of

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holy gently caress this is the spergiest loving poo poo I've seen in a long arse time :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrJDJ-mZr70

He's doing checkups on elevators :stonk:

He's named the elevators :stonklol:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
43rd birthday celebratory elevator ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdGzDwcWUOI
lol

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I was going to post a joke about reviewing review videos but then I realize that those already exist vis a vis "[so-and-so] reacts" videos

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It would be nice if one of the forum superflameouts completely turned their lives around but that's...not bad. So he's into bowling and elevators. He seems happy.

Oh man, getting stuck in an elevator with him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shoophobo posted:

ThyssenKrupp elevators are clearly superior. :colbert:

Ah those hacks can't even keep an escalator running

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Ruggan posted:

You'll be rich.
But he's already Rich. :confused:

naem
May 29, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I was going to post a joke about reviewing review videos but then I realize that those already exist vis a vis "[so-and-so] reacts" videos

I'm sorry you're going to have to redact this post, I own the rights to the "posting about reviews of reviews of react videos" format however for a small monthly fee,

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Don't miss the video of the "Man-Powered Elevator". It's a video of him walking up and down stairs making elevator noises :gonk:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Buttcoin purse posted:

Don't miss the video of the "Man-Powered Elevator". It's a video of him walking up and down stairs making elevator noises :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_0SLH2immE

Long live King REoLSpectrum

All hail his speccy reign

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Subterfrugal posted:

It would be nice if one of the forum superflameouts completely turned their lives around but that's...not bad. So he's into bowling and elevators. He seems happy.

Oh man, getting stuck in an elevator with him.

If you're going to be stuck in an elevator you might as well learn something about them. Though sometimes it may be best to know less about machines we use every day that could end us.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Holy gently caress this is the spergiest loving poo poo I've seen in a long arse time :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrJDJ-mZr70

He's doing checkups on elevators :stonk:

He's named the elevators :stonklol:
This really is peak sperg. Why does anyone feel the need to do this holy crap

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
They get encouraged by people watching.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
You gotta have your niche. *nobody* reviews elevators, man.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
That REol channel was funny as gently caress until I saw the videos of his kids and now I'm just sad for them :(

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As a boss I see the humor and feel your pain lowtax. It's mind boggling how clueless radium was in those chats. Did you become more direct with him eventually?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

CharlesM posted:

43rd birthday celebratory elevator ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdGzDwcWUOI
lol

Welp I was definitely entertained until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqU0V2aNKqs

Nude fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 4, 2016

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I think the real question here is how does Lowtax have AIM logs from 2006? Does AIM create some 9GB log.txt that Lowtax never deleted?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Melmac posted:

I think the real question here is how does Lowtax have AIM logs from 2006? Does AIM create some 9GB log.txt that Lowtax never deleted?

some people actually value preserving their correspondence and personal documents and take the steps to preserve and migrate them for use in the future

crazy concept I know

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Melmac posted:

There were AIM logging programs before that. Also, I think a lot of this is ICQ which had logs pretty early. It is business correspondence, so retaining records is standard practice.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
to goons who have never produced anything of value or import the concept of preservation is understandably foreign

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
They look at their own post history and wonder why anybody would want to keep anything they wrote

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I screencap my posts and priny them and have my PA put them in a binder

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

some people actually value preserving their correspondence and personal documents and take the steps to preserve and migrate them for use in the future

crazy concept I know

Actually I was genuinely curious, retard.

I'd love to find my old AIM chatlogs but I had no clue if they were stored automatically somewhere or something.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
he doesn't show the slightest enthusiasm for the elevators though, from the first second of the video he makes it sound like a chore. what little commentary he has to offer is on the crudest functional level when he could be saying all sorts of things about the overhead lights, the control designs, the landing frames etc. Boring-rear end internet

"the close button doesn't work" really? really??

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 4, 2016

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

he doesn't show the slightest enthusiasm for the elevators though, from the first second of the video he makes it sound like a chore. what little commentary he has to offer is on the crudest functional level when he could be saying all sorts of things about the overhead lights, the control designs, the landing frames etc. Boring-rear end internet

"the close button doesn't work" really? really??

He has like 98 videos of him bowling at some strange bowling alley that I've never quite seen anything like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Melmac posted:

He has like 98 videos of him bowling at some strange bowling alley that I've never quite seen anything like.

I'm the glasses for sale at the snack bar.

• Locked thread