Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Why is the sitting in a chair animation a far harsher punishment than the naughty griefer mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Rhubarb94 posted:

Why is the sitting in a chair animation a far harsher punishment than the naughty griefer mechanic.

Good they find a way to combine these things?
Sentence: 5 minutes of immersion.

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

LowellDND posted:

Enter security protocols. (before the engine event)
First password must be twenty digits, upper and lower case, numeric and symbol.
Second password must be twenty digits, upper and lower case, numeric and symbol.
Third Password must be twenty digits, upper and lower case, numeric and symbol.
Passwords must be different.
Failure to enter passwords correctly will lock all doors and begin engine meltdown.
Password entry is a timed event.
Confirm you are not a robot by repeating color patterns. (Start simon says minigame)
Failure to enter passwords correctly will lock all doors and begin engine meltdown.
Password entry is a timed event.

Welcome, commander. Starting engines now.

Commander, we detect hostiles (only after they actually cause damage, and missile prep only works when there are enemies located)
Preparing to ready missiles
Transiting missiles to firing tubes
Transiting
Transiting
Missiles in tubes
Loading navigation AIs
Please select your target
Confirm target
Please select preferred warhead
Confirm warhead
Please enter launch codes (begins security protocol subroutine again)
Confirm launch
Firing. Would you like to prepare additional missiles?

Pretty much everyday in DCS

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Is Star Citizen out yet?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Rhubarb94 posted:

you can still glitch the door and get out of the room even if the counter is still not 0

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Flannelette posted:

Good they find a way to combine these things?
Sentence: 5 minutes of immersion.

If you reach level 5 you'll be forced to watch the Morrow tour.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I haven't been following the thread as much as I want, but I tried looking for this along with the other No Man Sky talk but apparently, there's now a release date attached to NMS. June 21st for Playstation 4 and PC with a $60 price tag.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

LowellDND posted:

Let's go full Kafkaesque.

A room is labeled the observation deck, but lacks windows. When you press the help button, the ship explains that space has hazardous sights, so the windows were walled off.
The radio reports that the player has been targeted for arrest. When asked why, the computer reports the player massacred cities on Istvaan 7. No such planet exists.
The computer reports that the ship has collided with a flock of birds, and the cleaning fluid has been activated. The sprinklers are on in the interior of the ship. The ship is in space. There are no birds.
A soda machine is aboard the ship, but whenever you try to approach it it moves to another room. Occasionally, the ship encourages you to try the refreshing zestiness of x brand, and tells you to go to the wrong room.
Occasionally, there is an announcement of another ship sale. The ship name is random, as is the price. There is a popup of all the (random) properties. When you go to the shipyard, there is just a scout ship that you can't enter.
Alternately, the ship is ludicrously built. Engines the wrong directions, it looks like a framing error. Half a ship growing out of half of a different ship.
Occasionally, the cabin lights will go off. You will have to fix the wiring at the other end of the ship. When asked why, the computer says 'it thought you needed the exercise'.

every time you repair your ship, more and more of the cargo area is inexplicably taken up by air conditioning ducts. You can hire renegade engineers to remove the ductwork at the expense of increasing your own criminal level.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I think Solar Plebian needs a catchy theme song... and I think a lot of ideas can be borrowed from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZS2-4-iUJ4

This song spent two weeks at number one in the UK charts in 1987.

e: the 80's was a very strange decade.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fixed.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Open Development done the right way (Elite:Dangerous):

quote:

The release of The Engineers was slated for April, and was set to mark the end of the Horizons Early Access period. However, “following a review of the development of the next stage of Elite Dangerous: Horizons,” the studio has decided to push it back until after the end of its current fiscal year. That means it won't be out until sometime after May 31.

"Over a number of years, Frontier has established an outstanding track record of meeting demanding release schedules and exceptional quality thresholds, so this delay is disappointing,” Frontier CEO David Braben said in an announcement on the London Stock Exchange website “However, it is absolutely critical for the longer-term success of the Elite franchise that we maintain our absolute commitment to quality. Despite this temporary setback, the Board and I remain very excited both by the potential of the Elite franchise and the progress that Frontier is making as it transitions to self-publishing."

Transparency and honesty go a long way. This is how you handle delays. Take note CIG.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

almost there! lol

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Rhubarb94 posted:

DL now. Dis is going to be funs!
Is dis the Pu tech demo or the Pre Pre Pre alpha special snowflake butt hurt invite on tech demo?

intardnation fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 4, 2016

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

EminusSleepus posted:

almost there! lol

Spending all this time on antifun mechanisms instead of features. Welp I say give the carebarries something the bitch about!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

fuctifino posted:

I think Solar Plebian needs a catchy theme song... and I think a lot of ideas can be borrowed from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZS2-4-iUJ4

This song spent two weeks at number one in the UK charts in 1987.

e: the 80's was a very strange decade.

I would like to submit this as another inspirational video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdMR6CzR9q8

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: ^^^ lol, that's a new one to me

http://i.imgur.com/7MaSF3N.gifv
:yarg:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

intardnation posted:

Spending all this time on antifun mechanisms instead of features. Welp I say give the carebarries something the bitch about!

it makes them think like this

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Young Freud posted:

I haven't been following the thread as much as I want, but I tried looking for this along with the other No Man Sky talk but apparently, there's now a release date attached to NMS. June 21st for Playstation 4 and PC with a $60 price tag.

and despite a bunch of hacks being given a couple of hours to sperg around in it STILL nobody has the faintest loving clue what the point is. Except, er, Minecraft in Space, maybe, with languages and poo poo.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I mean I know we are hard on SC and Crobbeletto, but it does seem - looking at stuff like NMS, and particularly Destiny, that there is this kind of nebulous idea of a GAME out there somewhere that people really really want to play - a SPACE WOW in first person essentially - but anyone who has had a go at actually doing it has watched it turn to poo poo. Even Bizzard with Titan.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

and despite a bunch of hacks being given a couple of hours to sperg around in it STILL nobody has the faintest loving clue what the point is. Except, er, Minecraft in Space, maybe, with languages and poo poo.

I'd say the recent previews have greatly clarified things. It's a survival and exploration game with the aim of reaching the centre of the universe. Enough info out there now to say with some confidence whether you're going to enjoy it or not. It seems pretty slow paced and relies a lot on self directed goals, so if you prefer a proper story and more direction you can probably give it a miss.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

Actually this is on the roadmap. It's called the "Neutron Paaarp Horn."

https://trello.com/c/CzmxqfBk/24-ship-weapon-neutron-paarp-horn

This gameplay element will be more fun than anything CIG shits out

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

The 'immersive' cockpit entry video is 15 seconds long. This is 10 of it.

Crobbers has the most bland and boring tastes imaginable. I bet when he eats Indian food he'll only try chicken korma.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

I'd say the recent previews have greatly clarified things. It's a survival and exploration game with the aim of reaching the centre of the universe. Enough info out there now to say with some confidence whether you're going to enjoy it or not. It seems pretty slow paced and relies a lot on self directed goals, so if you prefer a proper story and more direction you can probably give it a miss.

I dont know - I've read the IGN, Kotaku hands on pieces and a couple of others and they just seem so loving vague in an odd way that you wouldn't get elsewhere. I played the Division Beta for 3 or 4 hours and I can tell you EXACTLY what its going to be. You could set it on Mars and call it "SPACE RIOT APOCALYPTO" and sell me a DLC laser rifle but I would still be able to describe it.

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 4, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Did you just say you understand a game you played for several hours more than a game you haven't played?

That is a really boring story. Like, real bad.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

What reading level are we on that we consider two sentences a story and not a post.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Did you just say you understand a game you played for several hours more than a game you haven't played?

That is a really boring story. Like, real bad.

No I didn't say that - I said I had a hard time understanding what the game of NMS was from the multiple hands on reviews I have read in the last couple of days. In a way that I would think is different to reading similar hands on reviews of The Division. I used my personal experience of playing a new game in Beta to amplify the point that I would have no problem describing its gameplay in simple terms after a relatively short time playing it "hands on"

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Berious posted:

This gameplay element will be more fun than anything CIG shits out

This parody game also appears more organised than Star "where we're going we don't need roadmaps" Citizen.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Berious posted:

Crobbers has the most bland and boring tastes imaginable.

And it doubles every second!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

There is no way we will be mentioned in their Leninesque propaganda film.

I bet there will be a mention of naysayers or trolls who CIG bravely overcome. They might even give themselves an award for it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeRt3qkTjUE&t=308s

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

I roughly knew what it was going to be when they first said it was procedural generation. It is a sandbox/survival game with a handful of different verbs. You explore/collect things and craft/upgrade some stuff, and maybe it will do a few things that aren't done by other games in the genre. These sort of games generally do not have a point, but if it is going to be full price, then maybe they have tacked on a storyline or have a final objective that you work towards (similar to minecraft).

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/48wkrg/stopped_off_in_yela_cant_wait_to_start_mining/

lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgZOFNGLGIw&t=395s

AP fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 4, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

smellmycheese posted:

I mean I know we are hard on SC and Crobbeletto, but it does seem - looking at stuff like NMS, and particularly Destiny, that there is this kind of nebulous idea of a GAME out there somewhere that people really really want to play - a SPACE WOW in first person essentially - but anyone who has had a go at actually doing it has watched it turn to poo poo. Even Bizzard with Titan.

Well it's not like he identified it, more stumbled into it. His baby is SQ42, not SC.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

What reading level are we on that we consider two sentences a story and not a post.

For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MeLKoR posted:

For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Cool story, bro.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

Cool story, bro.

Wait till you read the one I'm writing about an old fisherman that goes out into the sea and is attacked by a giant whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Wait till you read the one I'm writing about an old fisherman that goes out into the sea and is attacked by a giant whale.

Did he criticise star citizen or something?

• Locked thread