Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I, Butthole posted:

So a question regarding DLC bought on international accounts - I bought Rainbow 6 Siege digitally from Amazon and redeemed it on my US accont, and if I want to buy the DLC, will it work if I buy it on my primary Australian account?

The game version you got is north american so the dlc will have to be as well, your australian account almost certainly won't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

barren_sky posted:

No Man's Sky is showing up as CAN$59.99 on the Canadian PS Store (accessed through PS4), which would be about a $35 savings including taxes. The problem is the link is dead right now. If you want it digital keep F5ing and hopefully you can get in at a discount.

I'm hoping these release dates are wrong?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 4, 2016

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
So Super Stardust HD is up as a freebie now. Did I miss that?

Yep. I Am Alive is gone and Stardust is now up.

Watrick fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 4, 2016

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

KingShiro posted:

Resident Evil sale is kinda poop. Bought RE2 though because at $1.49, why not, and then I don't have to deal with discs (oh the burden)

Thanks for this, I literally dusted my vita off. Re2 and 3 for 3 bux is a nobrainer

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

univbee posted:

The game version you got is north american so the dlc will have to be as well, your australian account almost certainly won't work.

So would purchasing the US version of the DLC work on the AU account? The last time I tried was with Battlefield Premium which didn't work as it's on a per-account basis, but Siege is just map packs and junk right?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I, Butthole posted:

So would purchasing the US version of the DLC work on the AU account?

No. You have to use a US account to buy the DLC from the US store, as your copy of the game is the US copy. Once that's done though you can still play and access it from your AU account as long as that US account is still on your PS4.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I have Siege gold and don't recommend it. The grinding is far easier than I expected and you don't get anything but free operators and skins.

I've had it for a month, have everyone/most gun mods unlocked, and could easily buy the next round of dlc operators by the time it comes out.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
why didnt we listen to the android cactus people :negative:

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

Yoya posted:

It's the game I voted for. I'm disappointed that BRO MEMES the game won out.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
More like BROKEforce.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I voted for cactus game. You're all to blame.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Montalvo posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Montalvo posted:

:same:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't vote.

This taught me a valuable lesson about voting.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Montalvo posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Watrick posted:

So Super Stardust HD is up as a freebie now. Did I miss that?

Yep. I Am Alive is gone and Stardust is now up.
Same, except I picked up I Am Alive when it was free. My license for IAA still seems valid. Nice?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

noice.

I got it too. I watched a bit of it on Youtube though and it was just some dude climbing around on girders really slow. Can't wait to play.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Mithaldu posted:

Be happy you're not on a Vita.

Hey, PS+ for vita has been great for me.

Feenix posted:

It is worth noting that a lot of the previews mention the performance is not so great" on PS4. Hopefully that gets shored up.

That's unfortunate. I had hopes this would be a selling point for PSVR, but that requires 90+ FPS to be acceptable. If the game ran smooth 60fps I would see it possible, but if the PS4 has performance issues...

There was the same comments between Firewatch and The Witness. Firewatch wasn't able to hut 60fps but The Witness stayed Pegged at 60fps with similar art styles.

Yoya posted:

I feel it was the whole PewDiePie crowd of kids that voted Broforce. Sup, brah?

[quote="CrashCat" post="457024147"]

I'm really disappointed that Broforce wasn't a cross buy for vita. I'll probably never play it. If I'm firing up my PS4, it's not to play side scrolling indies 90% of the time. Although I did play OlliOlli2 on the PS4 last night for the daily grind.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I played some of that there Broforce earlier and thought it was cheesy good times. A brief dabble with Galak-Z makes me want to play more of that too. So, good month? Yeah, good month.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
What a surprise that in the year of the Trump, the Trumpiest game also wins.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Kenny Logins posted:

Same, except I picked up I Am Alive when it was free. My license for IAA still seems valid. Nice?

I picked up I Am Alive too, I just don't get the change a few days after. I assume I Am Alive will be next month's offering now.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I never even saw I Am Alive in the Plus section, it was Stardust all the way.

(Europe)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

What a surprise that in the year of the Trump, the Trumpiest game also wins.

But Hyperdimension Neptunia wasn't on the list.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

But Hyperdimension Neptunia wasn't on the list.

I hope they release a digital version of the first one as a PS+ game some future month, because everyone needs to be exposed to that.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Takoluka posted:

I hope they release a digital version of the first one as a PS+ game some future month, because everyone needs to be exposed to that.

Only if they release Trinity Universe first so they know what it's like going from a 5/10 game to a 2/10 watered down version of the previous. :v:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

They should port it to PS4 with no improvements, not even to framerate, then release it as a day 1 PS+ title. "There's your free full retail game, are you happy?"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Port it, but make the healing system and shares systems even worse. 110% Compile Heart.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Port it, but make the healing system and shares systems even worse. 110% Compile Heart.

Now you permanently lose shares every time you think about the Vita and in order to heal you have to win a round of Keno which slowly plays out after each enemy attack.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I like the healing system, as it's a reference to Earthbound. You pray really hard and hope it works.

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
Broforce is actually the most fun I've had with a PS+ game since Rocket League.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Broforce is cool, but the control bug is annoying. Still a good game, especially for the price. And the reference to Cannon Fodder will always make a game find a spot in my heart.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Takoluka posted:

I like the healing system, as it's a reference to Earthbound. You pray really hard and hope it works.

Until you run out of supplies prayers.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Joakim Brecht posted:

Broforce is actually the most fun I've had with a PS+ game since Rocket League.

I'm really surprised by how much I like it too. I give every free game a shot, but most I delete within an hour.
I like the strategic element of morphing the environment for an advantage.
I'm an 80s child too, so the theme that many would just see as a meme or whatever has a tinge of nostalgia to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

barren_sky posted:

I'm really surprised by how much I like it too. I give every free game a shot, but most I delete within an hour.
I like the strategic element of morphing the environment for an advantage.
I'm an 80s child too, so the theme that many would just see as a meme or whatever has a tinge of nostalgia to me.

broforce is the ultimate 30+ year old nerd wife who doesn't usually play action games coop experience.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I went from really enjoying Galak Z to despising it and deleting it in record time. It's just a constant battle against the controls, and wiping your progress on death is just a loving waste of the player's time.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Leyburn posted:

I went from really enjoying Galak Z to despising it and deleting it in record time. It's just a constant battle against the controls, and wiping your progress on death is just a loving waste of the player's time.

I was really into it, then I beat the first season and it restarted me in the second season with nothing. That really soured me on it. That's not how roguelikes are supposed to work, 17BIT!

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
I beat it the other day and I found the controls really good. They have a learning curve to them, but if you surpass that they afford tons of precision and neat maneuvers. My real issue with the game is the difficulty. Towards the end the enemies just get tons of health and do more damage. They aren't any different and each season resets your progress.

Seriously, the worst thing about it is that it's a roguelike. I really hate how careful you need to be to conserve health. I actually want to go back to play more since it just feels good to play, but the thought of those dmg sponge enemies that require environmental hazards to kill just pisses me off.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

PBnJamo posted:

I beat it the other day and I found the controls really good. They have a learning curve to them, but if you surpass that they afford tons of precision and neat maneuvers. My real issue with the game is the difficulty. Towards the end the enemies just get tons of health and do more damage. They aren't any different and each season resets your progress.

Seriously, the worst thing about it is that it's a roguelike. I really hate how careful you need to be to conserve health. I actually want to go back to play more since it just feels good to play, but the thought of those dmg sponge enemies that require environmental hazards to kill just pisses me off.

I like roguelikes and feel qualified to say that it's a bad roguelike.

Edit: It's a shame too. The setting and presentation are great, and in concept the systems are really good. It just doesn't bring together its shooter and roguelike aspects at all.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 5, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its my biggest day one digital purchase regret of 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
If they stripped out the roguelike aspect and made your upgrades persist throughout the game it would be a great game. It's a shame. I really really liked their skulls tactics game from a while back.

• Locked thread