Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

THE PWNER posted:

One of my players went from "Accomplished" with my assistant giving him 1 star as a right back, to natural with my assistant giving him 4 stars in half a season. Didn't know it was that easy to get players up to natural in a position..

Under the hood every player has a rating out of 20 for each position. In previous games "Natural" meant 20/20, but this year they've changed it to be 17 or 18 and up.

It's a lot easier to go from 16>17 than 19>20 due to how the development system works.

Positional familiarity doesn't matter, it only effects one attribute. In-game coaches don't know that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Cleon posted:

So what is Tifo!

Tifo is a social media platform – similar in style to Twitter and is aimed towards Football Manager fans

http://sisportscentre.com/the-tifo-project-explained/

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 19, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
We've found it, the precise moment in which Miles disappeared up his own rear end.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Maybe we can finally find our FM waifus.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dallan Invictus posted:

We've found it, the precise moment in which Miles disappeared up his own rear end.

This isn't Miles, it's Cleon trying to make money like some kind of cult leader.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Oh yeah dunno why I brainfarted and put SI in the quote, it's Cleon. He seems insanely impressed that his web guy has made the site responsive for mobiles so I don't think he's even invested any money or anything into his new social media platform, it's probably his cousin or something.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Anyone know where I can find some help with twitch?

When I log in to twitch it opens a browser in game to log in, after logging in the window disappears but its kept the log in screen for twitch as a hidden browser, which is playing a twitch stream so I have background noise of whatever stream is playing on the twitch homepage

Edit - found a fudged solution, when I try to log into something like youtube after logging into twitch it changes the browser so my issue goes.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Avoided relegation my first season in the premiership, and finally had a takeover install a new owner. The old guy was happy to have us play in a 3,000 seat stadium all season while we collected 64 million pounds in profits. The new guy immediately expanded the stadium....to 5,700! Woo! Watch out world, Forest Green are here to stay.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Strange you can do that the real life prem rules say a 12k seater stadium is required and usually the game instantly started an upgrade/built a new stadium to meet these requirements.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

The Croc posted:

Strange you can do that the real life prem rules say a 12k seater stadium is required and usually the game instantly started an upgrade/built a new stadium to meet these requirements.

My first season I got a news message stating that my board had exercised the right to delay upgrading the stadium by a season to meet the minimum requirements. A season later it has never been mentioned again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The current match engine is an absolute joke. If the new patch doesn't fix defending wing play and short corners I won't be happy at all.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

They have no idea what they're doing, people rarely give them real feedback anymore because that forum basically just breeds sycophants, at one point Cleon posted that the new ME is great and anyone who can't deal with it is simply not reactive enough to the match, the mods lauded his understanding of the ME. Don't be surprised if internally they think it's the best ME yet.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's very easy to exploit which is why Cleon loves it. His expert tactical advice seems more legit when he can post a winning record with any team and approach (as long as it uses the wings heavily).

Certain mods admit to smaller issues being actual problems. There's a big difference between the guys who consider the job a pr position and those that got it as a result of being celebrity tactics gurus. The latter spend more time defending their status (and therefore the game) than actually being helpful.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I was playing an Arsenal save where I bought Ricardo Rodriguez and put him opposite Bellerin in an asymmetric crossing based tactic, and they basically became the 2 best players in the world it's retarded.

I don't just mean the broken match ratings I mean they were just destroying any team I faced, felt like one of the older more breakable FMs.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 26, 2016

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

A player with 9 in crossing can actually get s lot of assists right now so imagine when you have multiple 17+ crossing players.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I signed a player with 18 crossing due to this and he's been unimaginably poo poo so far, but fortunately we've got the old 'one striker crosses to the other after both cbs rush out to mark striker #1' goals pouring in so it doesn't matter

I think that might infuriate me more than the wingplay, the insane amount of times that both CBs will leave a striker completely unmarked for no reason and no other player on your team reacts in the slightest to cover for them. At this point I just get ready to mash 'skip' on the replay as soon as I see my 2nd cb start drifting away from his man

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

There's more to it a lot of other stats, also the tactic. Right now on my left I have a two footed IF-A and a CWB-S, and on the right a W-S and a CWB-A, and up front I have a 17 crossing AF-A constantly roaming to the wings(Berardi). I get an insane amount of good crosses of every type. Gonna wait for the patch I think, at this point I'm just playing the engine.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Brendan Rodgers posted:

There's more to it a lot of other stats, also the tactic. Right now on my left I have a two footed IF-A and a CWB-S, and on the right a W-S and a CWB-A, and up front I have a 17 crossing AF-A constantly roaming to the wings(Berardi). I get an insane amount of good crosses of every type. Gonna wait for the patch I think, at this point I'm just playing the engine.

Yeah inside forwards have been what kept me alive in the Premiership, this guy is pretty great all around, I'm guessing it's just one of those things where I'm dealing with signing a bunch of new players and them having to learn the tactic and how to play with each other and all that poo poo

As long as someone else is crossing I guess it doesn't matter

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

sassassin posted:

It's very easy to exploit which is why Cleon loves it. His expert tactical advice seems more legit when he can post a winning record with any team and approach (as long as it uses the wings heavily).

Certain mods admit to smaller issues being actual problems. There's a big difference between the guys who consider the job a pr position and those that got it as a result of being celebrity tactics gurus. The latter spend more time defending their status (and therefore the game) than actually being helpful.

Wait...I thought you said you weren't buying this version? ;)

When is this stupid game getting the last patch anyway?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar posted:

Wait...I thought you said you weren't buying this version? ;)

When is this stupid game getting the last patch anyway?

I bought it in the sale a couple of weeks back and I regret it.

I had already played a bit of it before that but that's a different story.

Last year's patch was out on Feb 25th. Miles is getting lazier.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
You're such a cool insider.

Are crosses the way to play in this version? Playing a pass around game with a couple of mates, and it seems every goal I scored in my stint was from a cross.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

Are crosses the way to play in this version? Playing a pass around game with a couple of mates, and it seems every goal I scored in my stint was from a cross.

Arsenal beat me 5-0 Bellerin got 4 assists.

I had the best defence in the league before that though.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

The Big Taff Man posted:

full backs crossing is a complete joke.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Bellerin had the highest average rating in the world for me but they still gave balloon door to messi, it's a fix.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol I couldn't figure out why my team was turning to poo poo and having like 35% possession and I at some point accidentally turned on 'clear ball to flanks' which is apparently the equivalent to telling your team to lose possession of the ball at all costs

Turned that off and we're back to crossing in goals as regularly scheduled.

I hadn't played FM in a few versions before this, so I don't really mind it. The last one I played attacking midfielders could just run at defenders at will and score 20-30 goals a season by blowing past 3 or 4 guys and rounding the GK. I guess that was a more entertaining broken match engine but it was the same concept

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I thought lasts years match engine was great. I could get a variety of shapes and styles functioning well. This version it seems like you have to use wingers and very specific set ups for your full backs. Have to say I haven't really enjoyed this one at all.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Ewar Woowar posted:

I thought lasts years match engine was great. I could get a variety of shapes and styles functioning well. This version it seems like you have to use wingers and very specific set ups for your full backs. Have to say I haven't really enjoyed this one at all.

I missed last years so I don't have the non lovely version to compare with, that must be why I'm enjoying this one as much as I am

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
I am officially the GOAT manager. Not only that, but I have a personal genie that tells me how good every player in the world will be along with the magical ability to turn back time if a player breaks their leg or such. So when my contact was up for renewal I though I should ask for at least as much money as my terrible backup players were earning. But man U laughed at me whenever I asked for more than 50k a week.

So when I leave, they replace me with guardiola, who hasn't won the champions league in a decade and who managed to not even win the bundesliga the past 3 years as Bayern. And they are paying him 215k per week. drat that dude must be a master negotiator.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Patch is out tonight.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sassassin posted:

Patch is out tonight.

gently caress yeah, it better fix crosses being the only viable way to score and everyone becoming moyes_utd.avi but actually productive

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

gently caress yeah, it better fix crosses being the only viable way to score and everyone becoming moyes_utd.avi but actually productive

It just makes everyone Fulham instead.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
The patch is out. They didn't fix the crosses :lol:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
must be our tactics.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"Prevented ball getting stuck in the crossbar "

:catstare:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

must be our tactics.

I like that they blame players themselves for exploiting the system by using extremely common, basic real life tactics.

"Just don't use attacking full-backs... or play against ai teams that use them too?"

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

SI posted:

As already stated, the ME is extremely hard to balance, and adjusting this area safely and efficiently within the bounds of the current ME was not a viable option.

lol we're done here boys, someone write the eulogy. Maybe they are too proud to roll back to the original beta of 16 which was far better, maybe they know will probably just make it worse.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Like where do they go from here, there's basically no room for 17 to have a single flaw on release because we know they won't improve it, I'm melting down.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
To be fair to SI, that was posted by some forums moderator, not someone from actual staff.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Glad i didnt buy this one, will just stick with FM2015 this year. :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Jfc. Just revert the engine to the one running in the beta.